The Medstar Duology

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
What do you all think of this announcement?

"LucasBooks has already started exploring the time of the Clone Wars through a unified publishing program of fiction set against the backdrop of that epic conflict. A previously announced but untitled duology now has a name. Authors Steve Perry and Michael Reaves are teaming up to write the Medstar Duology, which consists of Medstar I: Battle Surgeons and Medstar II: Healer.

It is two years after the Battle of Geonosis and extended ground fighting persists on the planet Drongar. The planet is the source of bota, an important plant used for pharmaceutical purposes. The story focuses on a Republic medical team along with Jedi healer, Barriss Offee.

The two paperback books in the series are scheduled for release in July and October 2004 from Del Rey Books. Fans of Star Wars literature will recognize the authors from their previous contributions. Steve Perry wrote Shadows of the Empire, while Michael Reaves wrote Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter. "
from www.starwars.com

GordonSkywalker
I am very much into the Clone Wars being told as a continuing narrative-as long as it is not overdone,as I think has been the case with the NJO.

Julie
NJO overdone????does not compute.....oh
I think it'd be nice to have a series of about 5 books...

GordonSkywalker
That would be nice, as opposed to twenty of them!

Julie
good grief....no one told me that this duology wasn't set to release until june or july 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GordonSkywalker
What will we do until then? I know...I know...catch up on the NJOs I missed...

Julie
true...and there are a whole bunch of other star wars books I haven't read yet....like Tatooine Ghost and DArksaber and part 2 and 3 of the JA series....
yup I'll be busy until then at least

GordonSkywalker
Since my last post in this thread, I have gone through Star By Star, Remnant, and Rebel Stand. I mention this for information purposes only.

Corran
You've gone through those 3 books in 4 days?

GordonSkywalker
I actually finished Remnant over a week ago. Star By Star took nearly four days, and Rebel Stand didn't take more than a day. cool

Julie
WOw...you must read fast or have way too much time on your hands....that's cool though.....reading is a lot of fun...and I plan on doing so in the summer

Julie
one down and one to come......ohh I can't wait....more sw books the better....the character names weren't very memorable though....I didn't really feel any sympathy for the character that died.,...coun;t even tell you his name

Jedi Priestess
OMG JULIE!!!!!! I thought you never came here anymore! Nice to see you again.

Julie
Thanks....I pop in and out here and there....too busy reading all those nice star wars books.....I forget when the other part of this duo comes out but I think I have the B&N people calling me when it releases:-)

yerssot
th first one is out anyway normally
getting it on friday big grin

Julie
yea......that's excellent news.....the cover is pretty...I'll give 'em that

yerssot
that's a unique thing already

Julie
did you read it????

yerssot
read it??? hey! I'm still in the progress of reading it stick out tongue
I don't devour books

Insane Monk
I devour books!

Darth_Janus
WTF? This thread is two years old!! And relevant to nothing, since the original posters aren't even here anymore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.