Team 7 Vs Weapon X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Since there is a lot of speculation on DC making a new Team 7, this would be my Team 7. For those who haven't read it, Deathstroke and Midnighter are close somehow.

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/ds.jpg

Leader
Deathstroke
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66037/2140061-deathstroke_cvr_large.jpg
Midnighter
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/2182381-stormwatch_9_large.jpg
Azrael
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51843/997196-azrael_4_large.jpg
Backlash
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10837/1574206-backlash_005_large.jpg
Grifter
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/7/71161/1852559-1852550_6_grif_cv164noocbatu_super_large.jpeg
Dane
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/308/545093-gen_13_022024_large.jpg
Deathblow
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4873/260458-141988-deathblow_large.jpg

vs

Prep-Man
Wolverine
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/6/66336/2192784-scan0088_large.jpg
Deadpool
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/2/76068-15207-deadpool_large.jpg
Sabretooth
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/49907/2203066-sabre47_large.jpg
Maverick
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/462/79499-83275-maverick_large.jpg
Marrow
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1621/87167-196580-marrow_large.jpg
Wild Child
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/203585-178950-wild-child_large.jpg
X-23
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/3548/2082764-12_umvc3art38_large.jpg

Dum Dum Dugan
is this the NUDC?

carver9
Weapon X wins.

Prep-Man
WS versions.

Stoic
Wow great match up. I can't see anyone on Weapon X taking Backlash out, when he's on his game. This is a tough one.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Stoic
Wow great match up. I can't see anyone on Weapon X taking Backlash out, when he's on his game. This is a tough one.

What about Azrael? His armor is magic based and took a rocket launcher with no effect? His swords are nearly automatic wins?

Stoic
Originally posted by Prep-Man
What about Azrael? His armor is magic based and took a rocket launcher with no effect? His swords are nearly automatic wins?

But you have Wolverine, who is capable of rocking out with some pretty heavy hitters. Wolverine and Creed are very hard to put down. This has to be factored in.

Prep-Man
But you have Wolverine, who is capable of rocking out with some pretty heavy hitters. Wolverine and Creed are very hard to put down. This has to be factored in.

against the Sword of Sin healing or durability don't mean a thing. If you have killed (and most of WX have), you will more than likely fall to the sword.

Stoic
against the Sword of Sin healing or durability don't mean a thing. If you have killed (and most of WX have), you will more than likely fall to the sword.

Not sure if the sword would work on Wolverine. Azreal always appeared to me as having about the same skill in terms of battle prowess as Shatter-Star, and Wolverine straight up embarrassed him.

Prep-Man
It works on anyone who has killed. Hell, it worked in Dick Grayson. Azrael one-shotted him.

Stoic
It works on anyone who has killed. Hell, it worked in Dick Grayson. Azrael one-shotted him.

The problem comes when you realize that Wolverine could parry, block, or perhaps evade the strike, setting up an opening to attack as well.

Prep-Man
I wouldn't put Az against Wolvie, anyway, but if it does connect, Az has the advantage.

Stoic
All the same, I think Backlash is the biggest weapon on the field, and I really can't see anyone taking him down. I do however see him being able to take anyone on the field down. Blacklash is just that badass.

Prep-Man
All the same, I think Backlash is the biggest weapon on the field, and I really can't see anyone taking him down. I do however see him being able to take anyone on the field down. Blacklash is just that badass.

Really? I would have picked Dane as the biggest one on the field. Maybe Deathstroke tactically. I can't wait until he fights Lobo.

BTW, you can't block the swords, it goes right through you.

Stoic
Really? I would have picked Dane as the biggest one on the field. Maybe Deathstroke tactically. I can't wait until he fights Lobo.

BTW, you can't block the swords, it goes right through you.

How do you beat an ancient warrior that can turn into smoke, and those whips are deadly. Like i said, if backlash is on his game, there's no stopping him. AZ's swords are great weapons, but I'm questioning Wolverine or Creed's constitution. These guys are very hard to put down. BTW Backlash is the man. big grin

Stoic
The Sword of Salvation, when used on a target, can conjure the truth of a matter in both the mind of the target and the wielder. Used in conjuction with the Sword of Sin, it can bring up both the sins & guilt and the reasons behind them in the mind of the target and the wielder. Like it's sister sword, it is capable of cleaving through a target while doing no damage.

I can see how this would mess up Creed or Logan, but what if it made them go berserk?

Prep-Man
How do you beat an ancient warrior that can turn into smoke, and those whips are deadly. Like i said, if backlash is on his game, there's no stopping him. AZ's swords are great weapons, but I'm questioning Wolverine or Creed's constitution. These guys are very hard to put down. BTW Backlash is the man. big grin

With TP and TK. Dane has all of that. And he has faced Backlash before. a minor scuffle. Not to mention, Dane can create massive force fields.

Dum Dum Dugan
WS versions.
what about azareal and deathstroke?

Dum Dum Dugan
based on what? lets see some evidence.

Prep-Man
No scans on me, but it's all in his book.

Dum Dum Dugan
No scans on me, but it's all in his book.
no no no no. Your not pulling this again. If your gunna state something as facts u need evidence.

No either get scans or issue and title, dont say just read his book. because you constantly say crap like this and then when I actually read it, the characters ability is vastly less impressive then you imply. You have done this countless times, Style time has call u out numerous times for this as well.

Prep-Man
Sorry, I don't have scans, but read the last few arcs of Azrael. It's all there. Also, read his crossover with Batman (Dick). If not, phuck off.

Dum Dum Dugan
Sorry, I don't have scans, but read the last few arcs of Azrael. It's all there. Also, read his crossover with Batman (Dick). If not, phuck off.
that not evidence. tell me to read his book is not evidence. Evidence is issue numbers and titles with actual discription of the feats or scans. That crap you post is just that crap. sorry but untill you prove other wise, ur full of shit.

baring back lash. Team X wins. Azreal gets worked over.

Prep-Man
So, anyone that actually knows the characters?

Dum Dum Dugan
So, anyone that actually knows the characters?
please i probly know the character fbetter then you do. 90% of the time you say shit about character you exaggerating abilites.

remeber when you said zealot was a 10 tonner and insist upon it? laughing

Dont assume I dont know the character because I ask for evidence. it the fact i have knowledge of the character is why i completely doubt what your trying to sell.

Prep-Man
LOL!

StyleTime
Might need to take Dane out. Or drop Marrow and give Weapon X someone better.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by StyleTime
agreed marrow a serous weak link.

also agent zero could be a huge week link if he current form which is powerless maverick.

Prep-Man

But Dane was apart of the OG Team 7. sad And he's awesome.

Dum Dum Dugan
why is marrow on weapon x team anyways? also why is x-23?

Prep-Man
Because she was one of the members.

Dum Dum Dugan
Because she was one of the members.

? Are you referring to the reboot of the weapon x program? even if you consider that part of weapon x program which I not even sure u can. Sauron or chamber would have been far better chioces.

Prep-Man
Yes, the same series that WC was apart of. Anyway, they were still apart of Weapon X. Unless it was retconned.

StyleTime
But Dane was apart of the OG Team 7. sad And he's awesome.
Perhaps too awesome in this case. Weapon X would need a decent psychic or something to fight back. Agent Zero's blasts might work, but I honestly don't know how it'd affect the symbiote.

My knowledge of post-Team 7 era Dane is limited, but I saw him psychically explode/incinerate some enemies in a crossover. If that is a standard tactic, he could rack up some early KO's (kills on Agent Zero and Marrow) and swing things in Team 7's favor.

He's kinda like Psylocke in that X-Force vs JSA thread you made earlier. The other team doesn't have a reliable answer for him.

Stoic

Omega Red?

Lord_Talron
The Sword of Salvation, when used on a target, can conjure the truth of a matter in both the mind of the target and the wielder. Used in conjuction with the Sword of Sin, it can bring up both the sins & guilt and the reasons behind them in the mind of the target and the wielder. Like it's sister sword, it is capable of cleaving through a target while doing no damage.

I can see how this would mess up Creed or Logan, but what if it made them go berserk? based on that description it seems like it could f-ck with their mental states more than incapacitate them. and you dont want creed or logan going berserk here yes

Stoic
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
based on that description it seems like it could f-ck with their mental states more than incapacitate them. and you dont want creed or logan going berserk here yes

Yeah this is what I was saying from the beginning. I'm not really sure what the effects of that sword may have on Logan and Creed, and may end up making them kill nearly everyone on the field including team mates. Everyone except for Backlash of course. big grin

srankmissingnin

I think Dum Dum is trying to say that there is no proof the sword would have any significant or lasting effect on someone with a healing factor - which you claimed - because by nature of never having faced someone with Wolverine's power set, it has never displayed that ability. To date the swords have only been used with varying effectiveness against baseline street level humans... and they didn't work at all on Fireball. It's not the equivalent of the Penance Star or anything.

A better case could be made in favour of Wolverine being able to no sell The Sword of Sin complete, than the alternative. Wolverine has encounter similar abilities several times after all.

Prep-Man
Yeah this is what I was saying from the beginning. I'm not really sure what the effects of that sword may have on Logan and Creed, and may end up making them kill nearly everyone on the field including team mates. Everyone except for Backlash of course. big grin

Well, I don't have pics of Az's mystical armor, but it took army tank fire without even barely noticing it, IIRC. His armor gives him the strength AND speed of a hundred or so men. And the SKILLS of every soldier that has ever wore it. One INCLUDING Batman himself. He was a beast at the end of his run.

http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/az.jpg
http://i937.photobucket.com/albums/ad214/prepman005/az2.jpg

Stoic
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I think Dum Dum is trying to say that there is no proof the sword would have any significant or lasting effect on someone with a healing factor - which you claimed - because by nature of never having faced someone with Wolverine's power set, it has never displayed that ability. To date the swords have only been used with varying effectiveness against baseline street level humans... and they didn't work at all on Fireball. It's not the equivalent of the Penance Star or anything.

A better case could be made in favour of Wolverine being able to no sell The Sword of Sin complete, than the alternative. Wolverine has encounter similar abilities several times after all.

The sword works on a different level though. It screws with the psyche. It would work on Wolverine, but it's effects on him or Creed would be unknown. It could put him down like Psylocke's Psy blade did, or cause them to go nuts and lash out at anything in sight.

Prep-Man

Similar, but not exactly the same, right?

Dum Dum Dugan

Thank you. That is what i am saying.

srankmissingnin
Similar, but not exactly the same, right?

Two abilities are rarely exactly the same, but close enough that the differences are negligible. The Sword of Sin is like a poor man's version of Dagger's light dagger... or a very very poor man's version of the Penance Stare. A couple of months ago Wolverine completely shrugged off Soulstriker's power - which is also essentially the same thing as the Sword of Sin - which is what I think would happen between him and Azrael. Wolverine's been to hell and feels like he's payed for his past sins, I don't think those types of powers will be very effective until he racks up some new ones.

Prep-Man
Two abilities are rarely exactly the same, but close enough that the differences are negligible. The Sword of Sin is like a poor man's version of Dagger's light dagger... or a very very poor man's version of the Penance Stare. A couple of months ago Wolverine completely shrugged off Soulstriker's power - which is also essentially the same thing as the Sword of Sin - which is what I think would happen between him and Azrael. Wolverine's been to hell and feels like he's payed for his past sins, I don't think those types of powers will be very effective until he racks up some new ones.

Fair enough. I still think it would do a number on Logan. Whether or not it would have any lasting effects is entirely unknown. The swords have done a number on guys like Dick and even he was surprised. Either way, I think Az could be a match for anyone on Weapon X, but not necessarily superior in the long run or take a majority.

srankmissingnin
Fair enough. I still think it would do a number on Logan. Whether or not it would have any lasting effects is entirely unknown. The swords have done a number on guys like Dick and even he was surprised. Either way, I think Az could be a match for anyone on Weapon X, but not necessarily superior in the long run or take a majority.

Outside of narrative hyperbole where he allegedly has the strength of a hundred men, and looking at just his feats Azrael is one of the weakest pieces on the board. IMO

Prep-Man
Outside of narrative hyperbole where he allegedly has the strength of a hundred men, and looking at just his feats Azrael is one of the weakest pieces on the board. IMO

I disagree. He basically took down Dick (and we know how fast he is, so it wasn't hyperbole.) Yeah, he's not Flash/Quicksilver fast, but he's fast enough to gauge. And his armor is pretty durable as well.

Dum Dum Dugan
I disagree. He basically took down Dick (and we know how fast he is, so it wasn't hyperbole.) Yeah, he's not Flash/Quicksilver fast, but he's fast enough to gauge. And his armor is pretty durable as well.
There evidence to support he faster then Deathstroke? let a lone 10 times faster?

How does basically taking down dick make you 100 times faster then a Human...........

Prep-Man
I said DICK!! DICK!! DICK!!

But seriously, Dick had an easier time dodging Deathstroke. Look what happened when he ran into Michael. He basically lost in 2 moves.

srankmissingnin

That happened because Dick was under the faulty assumption he was immune to the swords powers. Had he not made that assumption or had he no prior knowledge of the swords, he would have been in dodge mode and that encounter would have played out differently.

Dum Dum Dugan
I said DICK!! DICK!! DICK!!

But seriously, Dick had an easier time dodging Deathstroke. Look what happened when he ran into Michael. He basically lost in 2 moves.
I know what you said. You completely missing my point.

In which fight? they fought like 5 times. DS has had no trouble tagging NW in fight before.

DS was stated at being 10 times human speed. You think is reasonable to suggests that Azreal is 10 times his speed? I love to watch you try and prove that.

Prep-Man
That happened because Dick was under the faulty assumption he was immune to the swords powers. Had he not made that assumption or had he no prior knowledge of the swords, he would have been in dodge mode and that encounter would have played out differently.

Doubt it. He wouldn't get past his armor, other than PIS.

srankmissingnin
Doubt it. He wouldn't get past his armor, other than PIS.

Dick's taser knuckle dusters would do the trick.

StyleTime
Omega Red?
That's an improvement.

I'm not sure it'll give them the win though. Dane still makes it tricky.

Dum Dum Dugan
That's an improvement.

I'm not sure it'll give them the win though. Dane still makes it tricky.

? Are u sure? Omega red could literrally beat pretty much the entire DC team with seconds.

Juntai
Team 7.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
? Are u sure? Omega red could literrally beat pretty much the entire DC team with seconds.
No, I'm not sure. Like I said, I'm don't know the complete extent of Dane's powers with the symbiote. I'm just mentioning he might be too much if his powers work like I've seen in his crossover appearances. It'd be nice if someone who knew more about him would chime in.

Apart from him, I'd give the edge to Weapon X overall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.