Galactus vs The Destroyer (2000 ft)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
So if we replaced the Celestial host with Galactus, and Galactus faced off against the 2000 foot tall construct, would Galactus have been able to melt it down like the Celestials did?

What would be the result?

zopzop
The Destroyer annihilates him.

abhilegend
Destroyer.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Based on the massive boost in power Odin received, the Destroyer would ass rape Galactus.

lilshogun
Who is powering the Destroyer? All the patheon skyfathers?Originally posted by Stoic
So if we replaced the Celestial host with Galactus, and Galactus faced off against the 2000 foot tall construct, would Galactus have been able to melt it down like the Celestials did?

What would be the result?

Stoic
Originally posted by lilshogun
Who is powering the Destroyer? All the patheon skyfathers?

The exact same scenario that was in the Mighty Thor 300. Galactus is also well fed. Let's say that he is at the same power level as he was when he faced off against the Beyonder during the Secret Wars.

janus77
A properly fed and determined Galactus would annihilate The Destroyer.
If it was the Galactus that fought The Beyonder or did the annihilation wave destroying blast, Galactus would win it too.

If it's Odin-headbutt Galactus ... no chance.

TheLordofMurder
Based on the most recent issue of the Fantastic Four, the 2000ft Destroyer would be spited by a very well fed Galactus...

Galactus was handling 4 Celestials and actually killed one; the 2000ft Destroyer couldnt do that in its wildest dreams...

Galactus defeats the 2000ft Destroyer 10/10...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Stoic
The exact same scenario that was in the Mighty Thor 300. Galactus is also well fed. Let's say that he is at the same power level as he was when he faced off against the Beyonder during the Secret Wars.

So its Galactus that has eaten Taa 2 vs the 2000ft Destroyer?

Then this is even worse spite than it would be against the Galactus the Celestials fought; Taa 2 is (according to Reed Richards himself) the single greatest energy source in the universe...

Galactus rage stomps the Destroyer if he has eaten Taa 2...

Galan007
Really depends where these "mad" Celestials stack up next to the more mainstream/well known/popular 616 incarnations. If they're equal, Galactus stomps the Destroyer imo.

h1a8
I believe Galactus beats the Destroyer

JakeTheBank
Like Galan said, it depends on how the "mad" Celestials pair up with their 616 counterparts.

quanchi112
Galactus wins.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Stoic
The exact same scenario that was in the Mighty Thor 300. Galactus is also well fed. Let's say that he is at the same power level as he was when he faced off against the Beyonder during the Secret Wars. He was average at best during Secret Wars. He wanted to eat Battleworld but the heroes thwarted him so he tried to eat the Worldship, which Doom stole. Any parallels drawn from Galactus' fight against the Mad Celestials should take into account that he ate 4 planets. That's as well-fed as we've ever seen him.

Naija boy
Galactus most def

Prep-Man
Originally posted by zopzop
The Destroyer annihilates him.

Mindset
Originally posted by Naija boy
Galactus most def thumb up

Anyone who disagrees is stupid.

Power Cosmic II
SW Galactus tanked a blast from Pre-Retcon Beyonder.

Slaanesh
Galactus easily..

Mistress-Death
Galactus wins

If Galactus can reform after being dedtroyed by 5 cosmic cubes, wtf is the Dedtroyer supposed to do

zopzop
To those saying Galactus, because of his recent performance vs the alt reality Celestials; what were those Celestials highest feats/fights prior to the Galactus fight? Nothing!

Almightykingfish correctly pointed out that they did NOT slaughter two FUNCTIONING IG users. They were killing some Reeds until "Reed" whipped out a random gun and annihilated one of them. Then the rest ran.

Mistress-Death
The alt reality Celestials easily killed Starband users

janus77
The Destroyer Armour is hideously overrated. It's nothing to the higher Cosmic Orders, no matter how many Asgardians squeeze in there with Odin.

They have more chance of dying from the cumulative body odour inside the Destroyer, than they have of taking out a resolute Galactus.

Newjak
Odin recently was able to take it to Galactus, I think the idea should be now against an entire host of celestials just about anything is going to get slagged, while perhaps if that destroyer had fought 1 or 2 it may have won. erm

zopzop
Originally posted by Mistress-Death
The alt reality Celestials easily killed Starband users

No they didn't? I think they attacked Starbrand Reed from behind but he was still alive and conscious. Plus this was an ALT reality Starbrand.

Mistress-Death
Lol @ the lowballin of Zopzop

zopzop

Whose lowballing? It was an alt reality Starbrand user that got attacked from behind and he was still alive.

abhilegend
Who's lowballing?

Utrigita
The entire cosmic hierarchy is a mess atm imo.

Slaanesh
just because Odin had some decent showing against Galactus recently some people actually think Odin Destroyer can take out Galactus that just eat Taa 2??come on..u can't be serious..a Galactus that just eat 4 planet was able to hold his own against 4 Celestials..even tho we don't know how powerful those Celestials really are..they are still Celestials..that Galactus would have stomp Odin without breaking a sweat..

Mindship
Originally posted by janus77
They have more chance of dying from the cumulative body odour inside the Destroyer, than they have of taking out a resolute Galactus. laughing out loud

Big G wins.

Originally posted by Utrigita
The entire cosmic hierarchy is a mess atm imo. Sure seems that way.

Nihilist
Galactus wins, The Destroyer would give him a good fight but has no real way of putting him down.

Power Cosmic II
To those saying Galactus, because of his recent performance vs the alt reality Celestials; what were those Celestials highest feats/fights prior to the Galactus fight? Nothing!

I can easily flip the same question to you and ask what the highest feats/fights of the 4th Celestial Host was prior to the encounter with the Destroyer.

Same Exact Logic.

guy222
hey pc

go lin

remember fraction said its up to the reader for his tale

so the big guy was correct or g didn't need to fight

there's ur answer

2000 FT Tall Odin/Destroyer gave a valiant fight vs The 4th Celestial Host

vs Galactus...big g may lose stick out tongue

guy222
Originally posted by Slaanesh
just because Odin had some decent showing against Galactus recently some people actually think Odin Destroyer can take out Galactus that just eat Taa 2??come on..u can't be serious..a Galactus that just eat 4 planet was able to hold his own against 4 Celestials..even tho we don't know how powerful those Celestials really are..they are still Celestials..that Galactus would have stomp Odin without breaking a sweat..

hey buddy

alternate celestials quite powerful how they compare with s.h.i.e.l.d celestial or tiamut anyone's guess

galactus gave a nice showing its a war not capable of winning

celestials will always vary in power as each has a task

odin vs galactus was a silly story by fraction which featured a headbutt and then when odin summoned the destroyer according to vol big g was afraid...stick out tongue

celestials>asgardians yes

odin/destroyer vs galactus...odin/destroyer good chance of winning

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
I can easily flip the same question to you and ask what the highest feats/fights of the 4th Celestial Host was prior to the encounter with the Destroyer.

Same Exact Logic. And he'll answer with "Humbled 3 Skyfathers"

Which seems to be the only feat he can think of in any thread at any time

lilshogun
Not quite because we do not know what level of power those Celestials are? They can be Celestial minors or posers for we care. But we do know that the Destroyer went against a whole unit of the 4th host. IN a physical fight, I can see the Destroyer beating Galactus in a brawl.Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Based on the most recent issue of the Fantastic Four, the 2000ft Destroyer would be spited by a very well fed Galactus...

Galactus was handling 4 Celestials and actually killed one; the 2000ft Destroyer couldnt do that in its wildest dreams...

Galactus defeats the 2000ft Destroyer 10/10...

zopzop
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II

Same Exact Logic. Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
And he'll answer with "Humbled 3 Skyfathers"

Which seems to be the only feat he can think of in any thread at any time

Ding ding ding. The fact that they had the entire council elite sh|tting bricks is also nice (and to those saying it happened 30 years ago, the Sacred Invasion arc made it clear it was still valid by referencing it).

You also have Cube Beings admitting inferiority to even no name 616 Celestials and being in fear of their judgment.

zopzop
Originally posted by lilshogun
Not quite because we do not know what level of power those Celestials are? They can be Celestial minors or posers for we care. But we do know that the Destroyer went against a whole unit of the 4th host. IN a physical fight, I can see the Destroyer beating Galactus in a brawl.

Exactly!

Galactus went up against 4 ALTERNATE reality Celestials. The 2000FT Destroyer went up against an entire host (like 7 or 8) 616 reality Celestials.

Sr J-Bieb
Exactly!

Galactus went up against 4 ALTERNATE reality Celestials. The 2000FT Destroyer went up against an entire host (like 7 or 8) 616 reality Celestials. And stood no chance against any of them.

Ding ding ding. The fact that they had the entire council elite sh|tting bricks is also nice (and to those saying it happened 30 years ago, the Sacred Invasion arc made it clear it was still valid by referencing it).

You also have Cube Beings admitting inferiority to even no name 616 Celestials and being in fear of their judgment. 1 feat is all that's needed

zopzop
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
And stood no chance against any of them.

Even if true, at least that was 7 or 8 616 Reality Version Celestials and not 4 alternate reality ones.

Sr J-Bieb
Even if true, at least that was 7 or 8 616 Reality Version Celestials and not 4 alternate reality ones. It was true. Each Celestial blew a hole in him with one shot. One no sold his most powerful attack, and the damage he did to a hand was meaningless.

Even if true, at least Galactus downed one of them.

zopzop
It was true. Each Celestial blew a hole in him with one shot. One no sold his most powerful attack, and the damage he did to a hand was meaningless.

Even if true, at least Galactus downed one of them.

He downed an ALTERNATE reality Celestial, the 2000ft Destroyer failed against 7/8 616 reality Celestials.

What Reed did in that issue was more impressive than what Galactus did.

Mindset
Reed > Galactus > 2000ft Destroyer.

Sr J-Bieb
He downed an ALTERNATE reality Celestial, the 2000ft Destroyer failed against 7/8 616 reality Celestials.

What Reed did in that issue was more impressive than what Galactus did. Reed turning a machine on that he didn't build > Galactus

I'm not sure what Reed and Galactus > Destroyer have to do with anything though

OneDumbG0
To those saying Galactus, because of his recent performance vs the alt reality Celestials; what were those Celestials highest feats/fights prior to the Galactus fight? Nothing! They beat Franklin Richards. Originally posted by zopzop
Almightykingfish correctly pointed out that they did NOT slaughter two FUNCTIONING IG users. They were killing some Reeds until "Reed" whipped out a random gun and annihilated one of them. Then the rest ran. Your inability to recognize context when it comes to things even tangentially involving Galactus is nothing short of astonishing.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
They beat Franklin Richards. Your inability to recognize context when it comes to things even tangentially involving Galactus is nothing short of astonishing. He's a decent poster outside Galactus...

But he's the worst poster bar none in Galactus threads.

Hate goggles

Galan007
Question, because I'm too lazy to look: Was it ever stated on panel that the "mad" Celestials were from a different reality then the more well known Celestials (ie. Arishem, Exitar, Tiamut, etc.)? Because I seem to remember it being stated in FF #319 that ALL Celestials stem from an 'alternate reality/universe'.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Galan007
Question, because I'm too lazy to look: Was it ever stated on panel that the "mad" Celestials were from a different reality then the more well known Celestials (ie. Arishem, Exitar, Tiamut, etc.)? Because I seem to remember it being stated in FF #350 that ALL Celestials stem from an 'alternate reality'. The plot thickens

Galan007
thick Just how you like it. wink

kgkg
Because I seem to remember it being stated in FF #319 that ALL Celestials stem from an 'alternate reality/universe'. Writers are not doing their homework. But the way Galactus addressed them and how recent portrayal has been going for the Celestials I don't think any writer is taking they are all from 'alternate reality/universe' seriously.

has the hyperspace weakness been mentioned even once yet?

Galan007
Originally posted by kgkg
Writers are not doing their homework. But the way Galactus addressed them and how recent portrayal has been going for the Celestials I don't think any writer is taking they are all from 'alternate reality/universe' seriously.

has the hyperspace weakness been mentioned even once yet? I just remember the F4/Doom passing through the Celestials' universe on their way to find Beyonder, and it being mentioned that the entire universe was "full" of them... Just wondering if it has been solidified that these "mad" Celestials are from a different universe then their more mainstream counterparts..? I thought they all stemmed from the same place----> Hyperspace. /shrug

Sue casually tearing through a Celestial in the latest issue certainly makes it *seem* like said weakness is still in effect.

kgkg
I just remember the F4/Doom passing through the Celestials' universe on their way to find Beyonder, and it being mentioned that the entire universe was "full" of them... Just wondering if it has been solidified that these "mad" Celestials are from a different universe then their more mainstream counterparts..? I thought they all stemmed from the same place----> Hyperspace. /shrug I remember something like that as well. The Celestials seem to have few different origin stories.

But the Celestial that Galactus fought are alternate reality Celestial.. that followed one of the Reed when he was on Earth 4280 and it's been mentioned a few times that these are Celestials from that Universe.

4 Celestial escaped trough one bridge and the last escaped to another one.<this was when they were first introduced>

Originally posted by Galan007 Sue casually tearing through a Celestial in the latest issue certainly makes it *seem* like said weakness is still in effect.
I hope that's the explanation but considering they have been hurt by other things I can see Sue doing that damage with the hyperspace weakness.

Galan007
Originally posted by kgkg
I remember something like that as well. The Celestials seem to have few different origin stories.

But the Celestial that Galactus fought are alternate reality Celestial.. that followed one of the Reed when he was on Earth 4280 and it's been mentioned a few times that these are Celestials from that Universe.

4 Celestial escaped trough one bridge and the last escaped to another one.<this was when they were first introduced>

I hope that's the explanation but considering they have been hurt by other things I can see Sue doing that damage with the hyperspace weakness. So it was actually stated that the mad Celestials ARE from a different reality then their mainstream counterparts? I *could* look. My portable hard drive is literally right next to me. Just seems like too much work. ermmnone

Yeah, I'm just trying to give the Celestials the benefit of the doubt, and say that the Hyperspace weakness is still active. srug

kgkg
Ya it's on first or second issue the Celestials show up.

Galan007
Cool. I'll probably look tomorrow.

zopzop
Question, because I'm too lazy to look: Was it ever stated on panel that the "mad" Celestials were from a different reality then the more well known Celestials (ie. Arishem, Exitar, Tiamut, etc.)? Because I seem to remember it being stated in FF #319 that ALL Celestials stem from an 'alternate reality/universe'.
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/5678/originc.th.jpg

Galan007
^ Celestials can *obviously* travel to different universes. What I'm looking for is proof that the mad Celestials originated in a different universe then their mainstream brethren. All that scan states is that they were crossing over from universe 4280 into that universe.

...Unless you have other proof?

zopzop
^ Celestials can *obviously* travel to different universes at will (that's how they got to 616, after all.) What I'm looking for is proof that the mad Celestials originated in a different universe then their mainstream brethren, which that scan doesn't state.

...Unless you have other proof?

It was NEVER stated the Celestials come from any universe specifically, not even in FF 319. Their on panel origins have either Eternity creating them by "dreaming" them into existence or more recently the Fulcrum created them. Both of these creation stories were mentioned by 616 reality characters.

Galan007
^ Kay?

Again: What I am asking for is proof that the mad Celestials are "alternate reality" Celestials, as you have repeatedly stated. Not saying they aren't, I'm just looking for on panel confirmation because I can't recall off hand.

zopzop
^ Kay?

Again: What I am asking for is proof that the mad Celestials are "alternate reality" Celestials, as you have repeatedly stated. Not saying they aren't, I'm just looking for on panel confirmation because I can't recall off hand.

Will this do?
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/4756/originagain.th.jpg

Galan007
Yes, that is certainly much better proof. Thank you. thumb up

Anyway, as of now I still see no reason to assume the mad Celestials are any weaker than their mainstream counterparts. Quite the contrary, actually.

wma8706
LOL..... I'm suprised nobody mentioned that the Asgardian Destroyer was once a herald of Galactus!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.