Psylocke vs Wendigo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nietzschean
who wins?

fight in the canadian woods..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6isz5lZaFQw/TgNwfs4uXnI/AAAAAAAAAG4/H58Tiut5Rcg/s1600/psylocke.jpg

vs

http://www.mltimelines.net/images/wendigo2.jpg

Prep-Man
Will the psychic blade work on Wendigo?

Glorificus
Psylocke. Unless Wendigo is Completely immune to TP, which I don't believe he is.

And even if he is, she can toss him around with TK, so he should never be able to land a hand on her.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Glorificus
Psylocke. Unless Wendigo is Completely immune to TP, which I don't believe he is.

And even if he is, she can toss him around with TK, so he should never be able to land a hand on her. I can picture Psylocke TP will be unable to read Wendigo or control because of how beastly he is.

Glorificus
Originally posted by vansonbee
I can picture Psylocke TP will be unable to read Wendigo or control because of how beastly he is.

She doesn't even need to control or read him. A Psi-bolt that puts him to sleep will work. An illusion that makes his brain interpret the thing he smells, hears, and sees incorrectly will also make him unable to do anything to her.

There's nothing he can do unless he's actually SHOWN telepathic immunity feats on panel.

Stoic
Unless Betsy can do better than a team of X-Men, I don't think she can do anything other than hold Wendigo off for a period. She has to either escape the beast or die.

Glorificus
Originally posted by Stoic
Unless Betsy can do better than a team of X-Men, I don't think she can do anything other than hold Wendigo off for a period. She has to either escape the beast or die.

Who was on that team of X-men? And were they all attempting to mind rape him?

Prep-Man
I could definiatley see Wendigo out lasting Betsy. Her TP better work fast or she gets cut up bad.

Stoic
Originally posted by Glorificus
Who was on that team of X-men? And were they all attempting to mind rape him?

No mind assaults. Can't remember who went up against Wendigo so I'll just use this pic.

YFZ 350
Wendigo.

Dum Dum Dugan
No mind assaults. Can't remember who went up against Wendigo so I'll just use this pic.

It wasent an x-men team. It was Alpha flight team that had Wolverine and Night crawler with them.

Also Wolverine put Wendigo down one on one in the issue. Wendigo just recovered and beat Wolverine the second time around. But if that was a forum Fight Wendigo would have lost.

Also Wendigo was again put down by snowbird at the end of the issue as well.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I could definiatley see Wendigo out lasting Betsy. Her TP better work fast or she gets cut up bad.
She doesent even need the TP to work fast in the slightest.

Her fighting skills mixed with her TK is enough to give Wendigo fits. She can easily amp her stats well into the superhuman levels, her sword would do a number of Wendigo. Plus his pysi knife could very well put Wendigo down.

Stoic
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
She doesent even need the TP to work fast in the slightest.

Her fighting skills mixed with her TK is enough to give Wendigo fits. She can easily amp her stats well into the superhuman levels, her sword would do a number of Wendigo. Plus his pysi knife could very well put Wendigo down.

Well as we know there are hundreds of Wendigo's running around screaming in the night, but if we were going to go with the strongest Wendigo sighting that I have seen. That would be the one that went against the Savage Hulk, and Sasquatch, and I'm just not sure that Betsy can put that particular Wendigo down.

Sr J-Bieb
Which part of the 'Canadian' woods?

Stoic
^ Probably in Yellow Knife or the Northwest Territories. I went on a canoe trip up there, and I could see how a Wendigo could live out in that environment.

Dum Dum Dugan
Well as we know there are hundreds of Wendigo's running around screaming in the night, but if we were going to go with the strongest Wendigo sighting that I have seen. That would be the one that went against the Savage Hulk, and Sasquatch, and I'm just not sure that Betsy can put that particular Wendigo down.

Why would we go by the strongest one you have seen? Why not the average one?

Also how do you know it was same wendigo that fought both savage hulk and sas?

Also Wolverine KOed that Wendigo who fought savage hulk in his first appearances..........

Also that not even remotely the most powerful wendigo. Most powerful Wendigo would destroy betsy, but then again he destroy any are incarnation of him as well as pretty much any character he came across.

Stoic
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Why would we go by the strongest one you have seen? Why not the average one?

Also how do you know it was same wendigo that fought both savage hulk and sas?

Also Wolverine KOed that Wendigo who fought savage hulk in his first appearances..........

Also that not even remotely the most powerful wendigo. Most powerful Wendigo would destroy betsy, but then again he destroy any are incarnation of him as well as pretty much any character he came across.

1. Because we usually go with the strongest version, and as for Wendigo, we have seen that there are many and not just one so I don't see why we would not use the best.

2. I never said that it was the same, go ahead and re-read what I carefully wrote just in case you or someone came back asking these types of questions.

3. Again, I am not sure if that was the same Wedigo that fought against Sasquatch and the Savage Hulk.

4. Also I carefully stated the strongest Wendigo that I have ever seen. I know about Mauvais Wendigo, but aside from scans, I did not read his/it's appearances, and didn't want to bullsh1t about my knowledge, when I have no familiarity with that version.

5. If Mauvais is the most powerful, why would the Wendigo that took on Sas, and Sav Hulk not be the average or median?

Dum Dum Dugan

Stoic
1. This is true, but in Wendigo's special case, there are many, and therefore an exception to this rule must be made.

2. Well to get away from the pedantics of my error, I will go ahead and correct myself. The strongest Wendigo that I know of and have read on panel was the one that took on Hulk, and Sasquatch. This is not the strongest Wendigo, and therefore, could be considered the average, or median. The weak sauce Wendigo's have been taken down by the likes of Feral. That particular Wendigo I could see getting beaten by Betsy.

3. Once again I did not use Mauvais, because I am not familiar with this version of the creature, and have only seen scans of him/it. Not that I was not aware that that Wendigo did not exist, but that I did not know much on him/it. if this is the most powerful Wendigo, I don't see why the Wendigo that took on Sas, and Hulk would not be the average. I also can't see Betsy beating that one.

Dum Dum Dugan
1. This is true, but in Wendigo's special case, there are many, and therefore an exception to this rule must be made.
Not that special. he has a lot of incarnation which is why it makes msot senses to use the most common/ average level they are displayed at.

2. Well to get away from the pedantics of my error, I will go ahead and correct myself. The strongest Wendigo that I know of and have read on panel was the one that took on Hulk, and Sasquatch. This is not the strongest Wendigo, and therefore, could be considered the average, or median.

That ius faulty logic. just because it not the strongest does not make it default the average. Mavius Wendigo is the exception to the rule. That does not make the second most powerful form by defualt the average.

The weak sauce Wendigo's have been taken down by the likes of Feral. That particular Wendigo I could see getting beaten by Betsy.
Betsy could very well take the average wendigo down. And the weaker ones she just thrash.

3. Once again I did not use Mauvais, because I am not familiar with this version of the creature, and have only seen scans of him/it. Not that I was not aware that that Wendigo did not exist, but that I did not know much on him/it. if this is the most powerful Wendigo, I don't see why the Wendigo that took on Sas, and Hulk would not be the average. I also can't see Betsy beating that one.

Can you give an issue number you are referring to. Wendigo has foughten savage hulk more then once. And he also fought sas mroe then once. SO i need more details.

If it the one I am thinking of, your referring to the second most powerful wendigo which by no means would be the average.

Stoic
Fair enough. I also believe that Betsy would beat the weaker versions of the Wendigo, but I do not believe that she would beat the higher level Wendigo's. Here is a cover of the Wendigo that took on the Hulk. Again, since we know that there are many Wendigo's running around, this one is obviously not the only one out there, but at least we can quantify what Betsy could be facing if she were to run into the wrong one.

carver9
All of you are wrong. This is the most powerful Wendigo.

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/7815942/Incredible_Hulks_631_013.jpg.html

http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/7815949/Incredible_Hulks_631_015.jpg.html

Dum Dum Dugan
Fair enough. I also believe that Betsy would beat the weaker versions of the Wendigo, but I do not believe that she would beat the higher level Wendigo's. Here is a cover of the Wendigo that took on the Hulk. Again, since we know that there are many Wendigo's running around, this one is obviously not the only one out there, but at least we can quantify what Betsy could be facing if she were to run into the wrong one.

Agreed.

I do think Wendigo even on his average is capable of fight sas or hulk win likely not but capable of putting up a fight.

Wendigo good at taking blunt damage but there not nearly as durable against piercing. They have a healing factor but not they can be taken down by enough piercing damage. Psylocke could produce a lot of damage with her sword. She also has that psi blade, that could potentially do a lot of damage to Wendigo

Mr.Mxyzptlk
I totally don't mean to lowball Psylocke at all, and I really want to stress this fact, but I'm completely at a loss here on how she's expected to actually fight a Wendigo who isn't jobbering.

I mean, if she can get in a straight, bull rush TP assault, then yeah she'd win. But otherwise...

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
I totally don't mean to lowball Psylocke at all, and I really want to stress this fact, but I'm completely at a loss here on how she's expected to actually fight a Wendigo who isn't jobbering.

I mean, if she can get in a straight, bull rush TP assault, then yeah she'd win. But otherwise...

She can do serous damage to the wendigo with her sword or using the psi-blade. She much faster then it and a much better fighter. And she can attack with her TK at range. As wlel as attack the beast telepathically.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.