Maelstorm(Peak) vs 4th Celestial host

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mistress-Death
Who wins ?

guy222
4th Celestial Host FTW

Mistress-Death
Originally posted by guy222
4th Celestial Host FTW what are you basing this off?

guy222
Celestials are reality warpers

616 Celestials powerful

Who do u see winning

Mistress-Death
Reality warpers! So was Thanos with the IG and Maelstorm stood up to him, IG=Maelstorm>>>>>>>Celelstials

guy222
and a black hole doomed maels stick out tongue

Mistress-Death
A black hole that was going to destroy the entire univers, Celestial caneven stand up to Sue Storm

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Mistress-Death
A black hole that was going to destroy the entire univers, Celestial caneven stand up to Sue Storm

Sue Storm power is the Celestials weakness..that's like saying Superman can't even stand up to a rock(kryptonite)..it's just wrong..

Mistress-Death
Wrong just like using a univers consuming black hole as proof the 4th host win, smh

Colossus-Big C
mealstrom stomps

rotiart
They celestials could possibly attempt a telepathic attack when a physical one fails... Like when thanos unleashed upon maelstrom while thanos had the ig.

Remember at that point thanos was defeating abstracts left and right and yet didn't put down maelstrom...

However to the overall there was nothing really shown about his mental abilities.

OneDumbG0
Anomaly Maelstrom was trolling the Celestials at one point during Cosmos in Collision like he did Galactus and IG Thanos. Don't specifically remember anything coming from it but those scenes might interest people.

Galan007
If this is 'agent of Oblivion/merged with Anomaly' Maelstrom, then the Celestials simply would not be able to harm him, imo.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Mistress-Death
Wrong just like using a univers consuming black hole as proof the 4th host win, smh

what do u mean wrong??u do know Sue Storm power is the Celestials weakness right??tho we don't know if that is still canon nowday or not..that's what happen when Sue kill Exitar..

rotiart
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Anomaly Maelstrom was trolling the Celestials at one point during Cosmos in Collision like he did Galactus and IG Thanos. Don't specifically remember anything coming from it but those scenes might interest people.

I wouldn't say trolling. He happened upon them and started to antagonize one then before it could do anything to him he took off. There's no way to know how that would have turned out for sure...

What I do know is that thanos didnt question the limits of his powers against any abstracts except maelstrom.

OneDumbG0
^ Celestials (among others) also stood around witnessing Anomaly Maelstrom's massive black hole and it was implied they were helpless.

thumb up

Sundipped
Multiple celestials hurled planets at Thanos/w IG and afterwards got smashed. Malestrom no sold Thanos/w IG & laughed about it. Not hard to determine who wins.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sundipped
Multiple celestials hurled planets at Thanos/w IG and afterwards got smashed. Malestrom no sold Thanos/w IG & laughed about it. Not hard to determine who wins.

The funny thing about that is, Maelstrom + Anomaly + Quantum Bands was still subservient to Oblivion (who is part of the Cosmic Compass along with Infinity/Death/Eternity). And when he became is avatar to fight off Quasar (Infinity's Avatar), they were locked in a stalemate while the universe was being eaten alive by the black hole.

Thanos with the IG pwned Galactus/Stranger/Love/Hate/Order/Chaos/Death/Eon/Celestials/Kronos and then later Eternity.

According to this crap, Maelstrom was more powerful than his supposed Master (yet he needed to be saved by him as the black hole crushed him).

That whole Cosmos in Collision arc was a clusterfxxk.

rotiart
Originally posted by zopzop
The funny thing about that is, Maelstrom + Anomaly + Quantum Bands was still subservient to Oblivion (who is part of the Cosmic Compass along with Infinity/Death/Eternity). And when he became is avatar to fight off Quasar (Infinity's Avatar), they were locked in a stalemate while the universe was being eaten alive by the black hole.

Thanos with the IG pwned Galactus/Stranger/Love/Hate/Order/Chaos/Death/Eon/Celestials/Kronos and then later Eternity.

According to this crap, Maelstrom was more powerful than his supposed Master (yet he needed to be saved by him as the black hole crushed him).

That whole Cosmos in Collision arc was a clusterfxxk.

While technically subservient to oblivion at the time maelstrom was growing in lower to usurp the role away from oblivion who kind of just shrugged it off.

Maybe maelstrom was already to the point after defeating anomaly that it wasn't clear cut anymore

zopzop
Originally posted by rotiart
While technically subservient to oblivion at the time maelstrom was growing in lower to usurp the role away from oblivion who kind of just shrugged it off.

Maybe maelstrom was already to the point after defeating anomaly that it wasn't clear cut anymore

Even if true, don't forget he died in the black hole and had to be saved by Oblivion! Yet this guy, Maelstrom, stood up to Thanos with the IG?! Ugh I hate Marvel sometimes.

quanchi112
Maelstrom.

Horrificus
Originally posted by quanchi112
Maelstrom. Agree.

It was pretty certain that M was "the one to beat" by Thanos with IG.

I think, at a certain point, Maelstrom was more of a "peer" of Oblivion, with them having similar goals. Although, power-levels are not always the thing that decides who is in charge.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Horrificus
Agree.

It was pretty certain that M was "the one to beat" by Thanos with IG.

I think, at a certain point, Maelstrom was more of a "peer" of Oblivion, with them having similar goals. Although, power-levels are not always the thing that decides who is in charge. Thanos would have beaten him had he stuck around. Surviving one casual blast doesn't really mean much to me considering what the other abstracts survived in an all out battle.

guy222
host

Horrificus
host I'd like to argue with you guy, but you are one of the few on here that could "scan" me into a smoldering pile of sad proteins.

If I find anything interesting, I will meet you fellas back here.

Mistress-Death
Nah he'll just report you for not agreeing with or questioing his opinion

OneDumbG0
^ Enough with the trolling.

guy222
I'd like to argue with you guy, but you are one of the few on here that could "scan" me into a smoldering pile of sad proteins.

If I find anything interesting, I will meet you fellas back here.

hey buddy

i have fun talking bout my celestials here

ur fair and cool

guy222
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Enough with the trolling.

he has been reported odg

he is a cat from ict who is still sour over me winning at ict pats on the back

what a loser

i told em don't diss kind folks at kmc this isn't ict and that's the truth

his friends can't save em here

just ignore the proper mods b here

Horrificus
Thanos would have beaten him had he stuck around. Surviving one casual blast doesn't really mean much to me considering what the other abstracts survived in an all out battle. Maybe. It would have been quite a battle.

Thanos, with the gems, was basically in control of the rules that govern the different aspects of reality.

Maelstrom, with-
-The Quantum Bands, complete control of the entire electromagnetic spectrum.
-With his amp'd power of mastery of all kinetic energy.
-The power he was absorbing from ALL movement in the universe.
-Cosmic Awareness from Eon.
-And, the attributes of Anomaly, which placed him outside the effects and rules of reality and logic, (as per his battle with Quasar).
-Finally, of course, whatever juice he was getting from Oblivion.

And, he wasn't having trouble with a black hole, as some have said.

It was THE Black Hole. Being brought about by the shutting down of the entire universe. It was the Universal Black Hole gaining power and momentum.

guy222
thumb up

i can post the scans if someone doesn't beat me to it stick out tongue

Mistress-Death
Get your facts straight I'm not from herochat

You reported me for questioning your opinion, and continued to ignore on panel proof

If you don't want to debate the point then don't post

quanchi112
Maybe. It would have been quite a battle.

Thanos, with the gems, was basically in control of the rules that govern the different aspects of reality.

Maelstrom, with-
-The Quantum Bands, complete control of the entire electromagnetic spectrum.
-With his amp'd power of mastery of all kinetic energy.
-The power he was absorbing from ALL movement in the universe.
-Cosmic Awareness from Eon.
-And, the attributes of Anomaly, which placed him outside the effects and rules of reality and logic, (as per his battle with Quasar).
-Finally, of course, whatever juice he was getting from Oblivion.

And, he wasn't having trouble with a black hole, as some have said.

It was THE Black Hole. Being brought about by the shutting down of the entire universe. It was the Universal Black Hole gaining power and momentum. The black hole initially killed him in which Oblivion rezzed him. Look Thanos with the ig beat abstracts into submission while Maelstrom died twice in the same arc combating Quasar.

Thanos was on another level and had complete mastery over soul, power, mind, etc. Thanos would stomp him.

guy222
thanos is king

stick out tongue

quan>guy222

stick out tongue

Horrificus
hey buddy

i have fun talking bout my celestials here

ur fair and cool Thanks.

Yeah, they are pretty cool, that's for sure.

I look through my old books and love when I see the influence thy had on costumes and armor.

Loved watching the Asgardians and Eternals shi** bricks! big grin

quanchi112
thanos is king

stick out tongue

quan>guy222

stick out tongue Guy you're the Warlock to my Thanos. When the universe needs us we save it. stick out tongue

guy222
agreed

high fives

Horrificus
The black hole initially killed him in which Oblivion rezzed him. Look Thanos with the ig beat abstracts into submission while Maelstrom died twice in the same arc combating Quasar.

Thanos was on another level and had complete mastery over soul, power, mind, etc. Thanos would stomp him. I understand what you are saying.
Just keep in mind, that there are instances showing that the gems do not always trump other characters that dabble in the same aspects.

I guess Godhood should require some time for training.

As for Maelstrom's death, the first one was caused by his own power, the Universal Black Hole he created, killing him. Not a defeat from another character.

The second, I am pretty sure he was no longer in control of anything but the Anomaly power. Because, he was killed when the "fine print" took those powers from Maelstrom and gave them to Quasar.

So, the fact is, he was not defeated, power to power, while he was at his peak.

But, to be honest, the Infinity Gauntlet should overpower him.

quanchi112
I understand what you are saying.
Just keep in mind, that there are instances showing that the gems do not always trump other characters that dabble in the same aspects.

I guess Godhood should require some time for training.

As for Maelstrom's death, the first one was caused by his own power, the Universal Black Hole he created, killing him. Not a defeat from another character.

The second, I am pretty sure he was no longer in control of anything but the Anomaly power. Because, he was killed when the "fine print" took those powers from Maelstrom and gave them to Quasar.

So, the fact is, he was not defeated, power to power, while he was at his peak.

But, to be honest, the Infinity Gauntlet should overpower him. The point is Maelstrom didn't want to die so who cares.

Quasar got his confidence to falter breaking Maelstrom's concentration to break.

At last some sensibility from you.

guy222
maels with his infinite power rivaled thanos stick out tongue

too bad black hole got em

sings blackhole sun laughing out loud

Horrificus
The point is Maelstrom didn't want to die so who cares.

Quasar got his confidence to falter breaking Maelstrom's concentration to break.

At last some sensibility from you. Silence!!! Base Deceiver!!!

...I love doing that.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quasar played too many head-games. Poor Simple-Honest-Maelstrom.

quanchi112
Silence!!! Base Deceiver!!!

...I love doing that.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quasar played too many head-games. Poor Simple-Honest-Maelstrom. I felt bad for how badly Maelstrom lost at the end. Only a winner loses because he subconsciously betrays himself. No one was man enough to take Thanos' prize when he sought to defend it.

Horrificus
maels with his infinite power rivaled thanos stick out tongue

too bad black hole got em

sings blackhole sun laughing out loud Yes. For both of these guys to fail, pretty much at the same time...

Interesting.

Maybe Somebody was watching out for poor lil' "616".

Horrificus
I felt bad for how badly Maelstrom lost at the end. Only a winner loses because he subconsciously betrays himself. No one was man enough to take Thanos' prize when he sought to defend it. The one thing I really liked about the storyline, is how Maelstrom came out of nowhere.

He wasn't a character that would have been expected to do what he did and get that far. Not like a Thanos, or Doom, or Kang, or even an "Elder".
He was always powerful, but this was an awfully big step.
They just dropped him into the books and he hit the ground running.

quanchi112
The one thing I really liked about the storyline, is how Maelstrom came out of nowhere.

He wasn't a character that would have been expected to do what he did and get that far. Not like a Thanos, or Doom, or Kang, or even an "Elder".
He was always powerful, but this was an awfully big step.
They just dropped him into the books and he hit the ground running. That event had massive appeal and I read it initially as a youth. Maelstrom always was an insolent speck.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.