Thors God Blast vs Darkseids Omega Beam

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
1. Overall which is more destructive and more powerfull?
2. Which is more versatile?

quanchi112
Thor's is far more powerful.

Sirius77
Hey Ozz, I'm assuming that you're talking about the OE, as you mentioned versatility.

As I understand it, a god blast just blows things to hell, and really nothing else, but if anyone would like to show me that it could do other things, I'm interested. Anyway, I'll list some of the things that the OE can do.

1. If by destructive you mean which can do the most damage? Then probably the Omega beams, as they can potentially erase anything from existence if the user wills it (barring beings with extreme cosmic significance). It should also be noted that Superman infused with the energy of Kismet (basically DC's Eternity) and Darkseid's OE were the only things that seemed to be able to breach Imperiex Prime's shell and "defeat" him for lack of a better term.

2. Like I said before, I don't really know that the godblast has so much versatility, as it does raw destructive energy. The OE can erase, resurrect, teleport, time-manipulate, transmute, depower, and maybe some other stuff that I'm missing.

Anyway, if I'm wrong about the godblast, which I may very well be, as I am not a thor expert, and it can do other more "versatile" things, then I am willing to be convinced by anyone who is more knowledgeable about the subject than I.

Batman-Prime
Omega Effect > Godblast > Omega Beam

Mistress-Death
Godblast easy

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Omega Effect > Godblast > Omega Beam Not if you're being objective about which is more powerful. There's a huge difference in taking out Batman and scaring Galactus off.

Cogito
Originally posted by quanchi112
Not if you're being objective about which is more powerful. There's a huge difference in taking out Batman and scaring Galactus off.

And that comment of yours is objective? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Juntai
Originally posted by Cogito
And that comment of yours is objective? roll eyes (sarcastic) Hypocrisy.

psycho gundam
other than their performance against galactus, the beams are far better in so many ways

Mr.Mxyzptlk
Without touching 1, how exactly is the Godblast more versatile than the Omega Effect?

zopzop
Originally posted by psycho gundam
other than their performance against galactus, the beams are far better in so many ways

It's not just the Galactus thing. Four Godblasts held up the multiverse, his Godblast has overcome Cytorrak's enchantment, and blew apart Exitar's skull which was made of even harder material than his outer shell.

Starscream M
Not if you're being objective about which is more powerful. There's a huge difference in taking out Batman and scaring Galactus off. godblast made juggernaut chuckle big grin

h1a8
Originally posted by ozz81
1. Overall which is more destructive and more powerfull?
2. Which is more versatile?

1. OE by far
2. OE by far

quanchi112
Originally posted by Cogito
And that comment of yours is objective? roll eyes (sarcastic) Thor's feats speak for themselves. Let's compare.Originally posted by Starscream M
godblast made juggernaut chuckle big grin The omega beams were tanked by Doomsday and the omega effect was redirected by Superman's heat vision.

Thor was also weakened at the time iirc.

zeel
Godblast is more powerful but the beams are far more useful,practical and useable.

abhilegend
OE>godblast

JakeTheBank
Omega Beam/Effect.

-Pr-
Thor's feats speak for themselves. Let's compare. The omega beams were tanked by Doomsday and the omega effect was redirected by Superman's heat vision.

If you're going to want people to be objective, it might be a good idea not to make biased posts.

gogogadgetgo
Oh come on! Really? OE VS GB? REALLY?!

Even I wont claim that the GB is greater than the OE. Its like saying Thor's GB can take on Odin's most powerful blasts, which is stoooopid.

carver9
Omega Effect.

kevdude
Originally posted by Sirius77
Hey Ozz, I'm assuming that you're talking about the OE, as you mentioned versatility.

As I understand it, a god blast just blows things to hell, and really nothing else, but if anyone would like to show me that it could do other things, I'm interested. Anyway, I'll list some of the things that the OE can do.

1. If by destructive you mean which can do the most damage? Then probably the Omega beams, as they can potentially erase anything from existence if the user wills it (barring beings with extreme cosmic significance). It should also be noted that Superman infused with the energy of Kismet (basically DC's Eternity) and Darkseid's OE were the only things that seemed to be able to breach Imperiex Prime's shell and "defeat" him for lack of a better term.

2. Like I said before, I don't really know that the godblast has so much versatility, as it does raw destructive energy. The OE can erase, resurrect, teleport, time-manipulate, transmute, depower, and maybe some other stuff that I'm missing.

Anyway, if I'm wrong about the godblast, which I may very well be, as I am not a thor expert, and it can do other more "versatile" things, then I am willing to be convinced by anyone who is more knowledgeable about the subject than I.

Yup, also they only got that close to Imperiex Prime because what was the rest of the Alien Armada attacked him (among them Wonder Woman in her ship), trying to draw his attention away from Superman who was being controlled by Kismet. Having Kyle/Ion attack with them helped along with the 30 enhanced Brainiac 13 hydrogen bombs!

Originally posted by -Pr-
If you're going to want people to be objective, it might be a good idea not to make biased posts.

thumb up Omega Effect/Beams

Naija boy
Godblast

h1a8
Thor's feats speak for themselves. Let's compare. The omega beams were tanked by Doomsday and the omega effect was redirected by Superman's heat vision.

Doomsday is just that powerful. The Godblast would do nothing to him as well.
All energy beams can be canceled with other energy beams (even weaker) in comics. There are countless examples. Unless you want to say the HV=OE or Glads HV = Tyrant's beam, etc.

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Doomsday is just that powerful. The Godblast would do nothing to him as well.
All energy beams can be canceled with other energy beams (even weaker) in comics. There are countless examples. Unless you want to say the HV=OE or Glads HV = Tyrant's beam, etc. Not according to the writer an all out Superman could best him. I disagree with the statement all energy beams cancel each others out. You can pretty much hold me to I will disagree with everything you say from here on out.

quanchi112
If you're going to want people to be objective, it might be a good idea not to make biased posts. My post wasn't biased Thor's showing of offensive output are more impressive than Darkseid's.

h1a8
Not according to the writer an all out Superman could best him. I disagree with the statement all energy beams cancel each others out. You can pretty much hold me to I will disagree with everything you say from here on out.

Although writer's opinions hold no water an all out Superman can beat almost anyone under skyfather level. And energy projection is not the same as blunt force trauma.

Show me an example where two beams met and one overpowered the other instantly.

That's irrelevant though since I gave you examples of energy blasts (one weaker and one stronger) cancelling each other out and thus destroying your lowballing of the OE since the HV blocked it.

Sr J-Bieb
h1 comes to some God awful conclusions

zopzop
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
h1 comes to some God awful conclusions

For your sake, you better hope he doesn't break out the math to support his conclusions. Then you in for it!

quanchi112
Originally posted by h1a8
Although writer's opinions hold no water an all out Superman can beat almost anyone under skyfather level. And energy projection is not the same as blunt force trauma.

Show me an example where two beams met and one overpowered the other instantly.

That's irrelevant though since I gave you examples of energy blasts (one weaker and one stronger) cancelling each other out and thus destroying your lowballing of the OE since the HV blocked it. The writer of the story's opinion is relevant you claiming DD is on another level the writer himself disagrees with you on. Your opinion is always just like a 10 year old's brain trying to make sense of what you just read.

I don't show you examples of anything since you never show me any examples of anything.

I am citing canon showings sorry but it's canon.

-Pr-
My post wasn't biased Thor's showing of offensive output are more impressive than Darkseid's.

1. Punctuation, please.
2. Yes it was.

quanchi112
1. Punctuation, please.
2. Yes it was. I'm glad you agree with me.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Omega Beam/Effect.

-Pr-
I'm glad you agree with me.

You're not witty enough to pull that off, so please don't try. erm

quanchi112
You're not witty enough to pull that off, so please don't try. erm Maybe you aren't witty enough to keep up with me.

Sr J-Bieb
The God Blast is more powerful

The OB's are more versatile

quanchi112

The OB's are more versatile Correct.

D-Block

Agreed

Batman-Prime

Agreed and the OE is even more powerful then the God Blast thumb up

Sr J-Bieb
Agreed and the OE is even more powerful then the God Blast thumb up Except when it's the same thing (outside of the handblast).

abhilegend
OE>God blast.

Juntai
Ever saw the God blast kill an entire Pantheon? >.>

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Juntai
Ever saw the God blast kill an entire Pantheon? >.> I've seen it rip through a combination of three skyfather level powers (with Odin's power included) and an entire race in one being...

Juntai
I've seen it rip through a combination of three skyfather level powers (with Odin's power included) and an entire race in one being... Did it kill said gods and absorb their power?

Sr J-Bieb
Did it kill said gods and absorb their power? It blew a hole straight through it, and left it withering on the ground.

JakeTheBank
Ever saw the God blast kill an entire Pantheon? >.>

Scans or issue numbers?

hunbu04
what you ar saying about the God Blast is just non sense but you truely believed that Thor god blast is more powerful than Odin, Zeus, and Vishu combined attack. It is the same as saying thor is more powerful than those three skyfathers combined.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by hunbu04
what you ar saying about the God Blast is just non sense but you truely believed that Thor god blast is more powerful than Odin, Zeus, and Vishu combined attack. It is the same as saying thor is more powerful than those three skyfathers combined.

It's not the same thing.

Odin is far more powerful than Thor, but I'd still rate a Godblast to be above and beyond Odin's "general" offensive output as it's directly calling upon Thor's immortal life force.

quanchi112
Agreed and the OE is even more powerful then the God Blast thumb up Based off of which feats ?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
It's not the same thing.

Odin is far more powerful than Thor, but I'd still rate a Godblast to be above and beyond Odin's "general" offensive output as it's directly calling upon Thor's immortal life force.

Do you think Odin can deflect the God Blast if he wanted to?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Do you think Odin can deflect the God Blast if he wanted to?

Sure. He's the All-Father and as such, since his very being and existence gives Asgard and its people strength and vitality, I think Odin could block or deflect the Godblast if he consciously made an effort to. You could argue that Thor, being not entirely Asgardian but the spawn of Gaea, has a life force more potent than that of a single Asgardian, and as such give Odin pause.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by zopzop
It's not just the Galactus thing. Four Godblasts held up the multiverse, his Godblast has overcome Cytorrak's enchantment, and blew apart Exitar's skull which was made of even harder material than his outer shell.

technically, he blew open a whole in his "skull", which made Exitar pause (or something to that effect)..........and then the celestial went right on doing wat he was doing, while Mjolnir lie broken.

AFAIK (and correct me if Im wrong here plz) the OE has never weakened DS *or* been thwarted, altho there have been instances when his OB's have been so (like, I think Doomsday & maybe Cyborg Supes......)

Tazer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.