Iron Fist vs. Mr. Fantastic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

byrdgang21
Who wins?

JakeTheBank
Danny.

Stoic
Reed bags him up very fast. He has the reach advantage, and once he subdues Ironfist, he won't have any leverage to break out.

JakeTheBank
Danny does have ranged attacks.

Stoic
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Danny does have ranged attacks.

Have you ever seen Reeds corkscrew fist attack where he winds up and spins out ? Danny would be popped in the face so many times that it would look silly. Not to mention that Reed could fall on him like a tidal wave, wrap him up, and end the fight.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Stoic
Have you ever seen Reeds corkscrew fist attack where he winds up and spins out ? Danny would be popped in the face so many times that it would look silly. Not to mention that Reed could fall on him like a tidal wave, wrap him up, and end the fight.

Yep, I have seen Reed go all out in combat.

Unfortunately, I've also seen Fist go all out. Danny can use his chi to attack Reed even while enveloped, which won't turn out well for Reed. I don't see Reed "speedblitzing" Danny before Danny makes his fist like unto a thing of iron and beats the crap out of him.

Stoic
Yep, I have seen Reed go all out in combat.

Unfortunately, I've also seen Fist go all out. Danny can use his chi to attack Reed even while enveloped, which won't turn out well for Reed. I don't see Reed "speedblitzing" Danny before Danny makes his fist like unto a thing of iron and beats the crap out of him.

This would work on Reed if he was a solid object, but Reed's body would absorb the energy transmitted by Fist's punches or kicks. The worst thing that Danny would or could do is get within any range of Reed. Reed would do to Danny what Doc Ock did to the Hulk. Danny would simply have no leverage, and be restrained for the big loss.

Glorificus
Reed could just envelope Danny completely and suffocate him to death while tanking his punches.

Stoic
Originally posted by Glorificus
Reed could just envelope Danny completely and suffocate him to death while tanking his punches.

Not just that, but he could kick him in the face from 30 feet away. The ref would say 1...2...3... fight, and Reed would kick him dead in the forehead. I know you can see it. You can see it right? stick out tongue

abhilegend
Reed.

Bouboumaster
Reed Richards win

leonidas
i'd take reed more often than not.

Naija boy
Reed

Nietzschean
Reed.

Existere
Iron Fist, strong. Not only does he have ranged attacks, he also has mental, spiritual and a variety of energy attacks at his disposal - plus Reed has been hurt by sufficient physical force in the past, correct?

Further, I'm not entirely sure how effective attempting to suffocate him would be, given that Fist has shown some pretty epic chi healing feats (also, the idea of Mr. Fantastic speedblitzing Danny is pretty hilarious. Stretch maybe stretchy, but Danny would still dance circles around him).

Stoic
Originally posted by Existere
Iron Fist, strong. Not only does he have ranged attacks, he also has mental, spiritual and a variety of energy attacks at his disposal - plus Reed has been hurt by sufficient physical force in the past, correct?

Further, I'm not entirely sure how effective attempting to suffocate him would be, given that Fist has shown some pretty epic chi healing feats (also, the idea of Mr. Fantastic speedblitzing Danny is pretty hilarious. Stretch maybe stretchy, but Danny would still dance circles around him).

But Reed could roll him up in a body lock and immobilize his arms, and legs. Danny would have no leverage, and lose. The idea that Reed has taken heavy impact punches to the mid section by the Thing, and absorbed the impacts because his body is a non solid would also mean that he could weather a punch from Danny, and then do whatever a stretchy guy that can stretch over 100 ft would do.

Mindset
IF can cut with his chi.

Dum Dum Dugan
Iron Fist, strong. Not only does he have ranged attacks, he also has mental, spiritual and a variety of energy attacks at his disposal - plus .

What mental attacks are you referring to? Also what spiritual attacks are you referring to?

Parmaniac
Reed was taken down by an ordinary bullet. True Story.

JakeTheBank

Originally posted by Mindset
IF can cut with his chi.

thumb up x2

Reed gets worked here.

Parmaniac
I doubt cutting would work, yet Fist should take him down 10/10

Mindset
Why?

Parmaniac
Why? StiltmanFTW told me everytime Wolverine tried to cut him he failed it was explained that because of his constant expanding he can't cut through him. Wolverine is pretty much the measuringstick for piercing durability. Unless people can show me scans of Reed being cut I give him the benefit of doubt here.

Mindset
Chi =/= adamantium

Parmaniac
Does IF use primary Chi?

Mindset
Only the best.

YFZ 350
Reed wins imo.

leonidas
thumb up x2

Reed gets worked here.

sue's power couldn't cut reed. not exactly the same, but it is energy and has cut in the past. no guarantee IF's attacks could cut him at all imo. dude's contained full-fledged explosions in his body and gone 1on1 with namor a few times. a non-jobbing reed would handle fist almost everytime imo.

Naija boy
^ Id have to agree with that. Id think reed would be a terrible match up for Danny.

Mindset
Originally posted by leonidas
sue's power couldn't cut reed. not exactly the same, but it is energy and has cut in the past. no guarantee IF's attacks could cut him at all imo. dude's contained full-fledged explosions in his body and gone 1on1 with namor a few times. a non-jobbing reed would handle fist almost everytime imo. Chi is chi.

IF 10/10

leonidas
Chi is chi.

IF 10/10

si?

Mindset
What'd you call me!?

srankmissingnin
There is literally nothing Danny can do to hurt Reed. Spite.

Mindset
He can punch him.

Dum Dum Dugan
Can some one give examples of theses mental and spiritual attacks that can dispose of read?

tkitna
Didnt Spiderman work Reed over before? I'm not sure, but I thought that he had.

Taking Danny

Dream Stuff
Even if Danny has no way of hurting Reed (which I question, vaguely due to chi), he can go at this for days. He's more than fast enough that reed will never be able to touch him, and can win just by outlasting his opponent.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Even if Danny has no way of hurting Reed (which I question, vaguely due to chi), he can go at this for days. He's more than fast enough that reed will never be able to touch him, and can win just by outlasting his opponent.

? What evidence is there that IF can go for days or has more stamina then reed?

Dum Dum Dugan
Iron Fist, strong. Not only does he have ranged attacks, he also has mental, spiritual.

Also again can someone explain what these mental and spiritual attack are?

Further, I'm not entirely sure how effective attempting to suffocate him would be,

There is no evidence that suggest IF could no sell suffocation. This is an extreme stretch that is not warranted.

given that Fist has shown some pretty epic chi healing feats

There not that epic at all. And he never really shown any real ability to heal himself mid combat. I think your overselling his healing feats personally.

He has better healing feats of healing others then himself.

abhilegend
Spite against danny.

Tazer
Yo.

Originally posted by Stoic
Not just that, but he could kick him in the face from 30 feet away. The ref would say 1...2...3... fight, and Reed would kick him dead in the forehead. I know you can see it. You can see it right? stick out tongue

I think IF is capable of dodging a kick thrown from 30ft away...... wink

moreover, I can see Danny breaking out of a body-snuff -atk using the IF; if Sue can break free of it I dont doubt that Danny would.

however I do think this battle would go in Reeds favor, its just not THAT EASY a win others seem to make it out to be.

Tazer

Bouboumaster
Reed gives him the biggest pimpslap ever given.

JakeTheBank
This thread is full of blasphemy.

zopzop
sue's power couldn't cut reed. not exactly the same, but it is energy and has cut in the past. no guarantee IF's attacks could cut him at all imo. dude's contained full-fledged explosions in his body and gone 1on1 with namor a few times. a non-jobbing reed would handle fist almost everytime imo.

This. Not to mention that Wolverine also failed to cut Reed no matter what he did.

If Reed REALLY wanted to play dirty, he could end IF in some of the most disgusting ways imaginable.

Mindset
IF wins.

Lock this.

Now.

JakeTheBank
IF wins.

Lock this.

Now.

thumb up

Uriel005
Danny could just pull a technique from the Deus Ex of martial arts techniques i.e. the book of the iron fist and attack Fantastic with a purely chi based attack which being solid or not has nor bearing on effectiveness against it.

JakeTheBank
I'm still laughing at the idea that Reed is immune to anything Danny can do to him. Or that he'll speedblitz him.

Uriel005
IIRC Danny's got insta death moves without even needing to touch Fantastic let alone Fantastic trying to do dirty things to him as zop is implying.

Blair Wind

thumb up

JakeTheBank
He can kill a guy with his chi if he was so inclined, yes.

Reed, while having a high tolerance, isn't immune to physical damage, let alone physical damage amplified by spiritual energy.

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
? What evidence is there that IF can go for days or has more stamina then reed?

Putting my "for days" claim aside, are you really implying that Reed is in similar physical condition as Danny? Danny's racked up tons of peak human stamina feats over the years (writers love to have him randomly attacked when exhausted) without explicitly amping up his chi. If Reed thinks he can chase around a bullet-timing peak-human until he tires out, he isn't as smart as I thought he was.

Anyway, Danny has shown repeatedly to sustain himself without food, drink or sleep for several days through meditation. He has also shown he can meditate while fighting.

Also, I'm sure Ive seen Danny's chi set people on fire before and slice through an opponent who absorbs kinetic energy (which may bypass Reed's durability, or may not).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.