One Line Movie Idea

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rudester
If you had a chance to pitch a movie to a director/producer what would your movie be about?

jaden101
Catholic nun zombie steam punk blaxploitation western noir.

Esau Cairn
Camel-Toe Cam.

Nephthys
' is a , is a , together they fight crime.'

Hermoine02
I love to direct or produce ROMANTIC MOVIE.

swill388
I love to direct Romantic Movie.

rudester
Originally posted by jaden101
Catholic nun zombie steam punk blaxploitation western noir.

wow sign you up now.

Ok, firstly they won't touch anything that doesn't have liability/copyright insurance. The Writer's Guild of America can help you copyright your script.

That brings us to your script. you need one, a finished one. Doesn't have to be perfect, many studios may want it edited anyway but they need a finished draft to work with. In film script format is ideal, on binded A4 although last year at Cannes a guy published his as an A5 booklet and many people took it. But for a pitch you'll want the thing in traditional A4

Then you need a pitch. Phone studios or write or email. Phone an individual. Do your research and find out who is in charge of booking writers/producers for new ideas. They will be public figures and their names should be available, so write to them, address them by name and tell them you would like to be considered with the next group of writers pitching ideas, you can even give a quick idea of the genre, target demogr5aphic etc. Ask for a short interview, push for face to face or over the phone with an exec but don't settle for "drop us an email woith your script ideas" because it leaves you exposed and there's no gaurantee they will read it.

Ok, so get in there and always remember to first say hello and thank them for their time in seeing you. Courtesy gets thrown out of the window in a mad dash for success in film-making and it will give you some class. Then you need a one liner - it's got to be descriptive, use good language but not overly complex and gets the point across. Don't go for a film teaser like "it's not safe in the water anymore" because they have their own people to think those thigns up and it doesn't tell them what it's about. After you're one liner describe the narrative of the principle character, and act passionate about the idea. Don't worry about cramming it in, in 30 seconds. If they like it after 10 they won't worry about you going overtime. But act like you want to get this made, that you have a vision of it and that you would love to make it and then go see it.
Source(s):

By the way they have already made..lol
Nude Nuns with Big Guns (2010)

Wingsprint
George Orwell (1984)

With Charlie Sheen as Winston Smith....Winning....

annaflax
comedy movie with the message

janus77
Bush - One man's struggle to come to terms with feminine hygiene and the art of cunnilingus. Filmed ENTIRELY from his POV.

Here boy! - A heart warming look at the socially shunned lovers of dogs... Sometimes you can love too much.

Apocalypto Now! - A middle class family escape the rat race and bed in with an Amazonian tribe, helping to nurture and revive their dying ways.

Robtard
General teenie nonsense, emotionally unstable female lead, conflicted love interest involving three people.

It'd be total crap, but it'd sell and make me millions.

jonydec
Thanks! I know some of it must audio saying, but that's generally my desire G-movie.

jonydec
WOW... that would create a truly excellent movie... i think you should try it!!

change the conclusion to him viewing it with his son... who is now captivated...

Major_Lexington
Springtime for Hitler: Return of the pansy

damn, I need to come up with better material What the f**k?

jinXed by JaNx
From a park bench tell the story of three different people from different decades and generations. Showcase how much society has changed and evolved as well as the change in morals and ethics. Each story would be introduced by each main character taking a seat on the same bench. The main focus of this movie would concentrate on that even though times and morals change each new generation lives the same sad stories.

If that's not approved i would have to pitch them my masterpiece. It's a movie that has no title. It would be nothing but an hour and half still shot of a disembowed cat.

jaden101
I had an idea years ago when I was naive about a film focussed on 2 boys...1 Israeli and 1 Palestinian. The Israeli boy's father is a soldier who gets killed in a suicide bomb attack on a checkpoint and the Palestinian boy's father gets killed by an Israeli airstrike...at the end of the movie you'd see the Israeli boy get on a bus to school and the Palestinian boy would get on the same bus and then blow it up...Obviously the idea was to show how similar the boys were but I couldn't think of a way to show how the Israeli boy was radicalised and him committing an act as horrible as the palestinian boy at the end...Plus I didn't want it to lay more blame for the continuing violence at 1 side so I couldn't make the idea flesh out correctly..

Plus it doesn't seem very relevant now that there are no bus bombings like there were when I had the idea.

Manchub
Zombie Musical... in Space... with robots and British accents

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.