Zero Hour Paralax Vs Orion W/ALE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins?

Galan007
Orion.

Even with all the energy of the CB at his disposal, Hal still possessed the mind of a normal human being. The ALE would dominate him. Utterly and completely.

kgkg
Ok I will go with Zero Hour Paralax.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
Orion.

Even with all the energy of the CB at his disposal, Hal still possessed the mind of a normal human being. The ALE would dominate him. Utterly and completely.

yep.

WhiteWitchKing
Orion.

What about those showings where certain characters with a different logic bolt is able to escape from the ALE? Was the just in Final Crisis?

Sr J-Bieb
Orion.

Even with all the energy of the CB at his disposal, Hal still possessed the mind of a normal human being. The ALE would dominate him. Utterly and completely. Prof X > Parahal?

Galan007
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
What about those showings where certain characters with a different logic bolt is able to escape from the ALE? Was the just in Final Crisis? Back in the day, there really wasn't a 'defense' against the ALE. It quite literally controlled ANYTHING sentient.

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Prof X > Parahal? As long as Prof can bypass the telepathic barriers that GL's have... I suppose it's possible. For all Hal's power, I saw no evidence that his mind was enhanced. /shrug

WhiteWitchKing
Back in the day, there really wasn't a 'defense' against the ALE. It quite literally controlled ANYTHING sentient.

Is the Source sentient?

Galan007
Yes. Orion never overtook the Source with the ALE, though. However, he did use it to kill the Source's antithesis--Ecruos.

leonidas
Yes. Orion never overtook the Source with the ALE, though. However, he did use it to kill the Source's antithesis--Ecruos.

i loved simonson's orion. my favourite orion by far.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by leonidas
i loved simonson's orion. my favourite orion by far.

Where would you rank Simonson's Orion? In the league of Thor/Superman? Above?

Galan007
i loved simonson's orion. my favourite orion by far. It was excellent.

cdtm
Back in the day, there really wasn't a 'defense' against the ALE. It quite literally controlled ANYTHING sentient. /shrug

More or less. Walter Simonson put in two limitations, one being that another ALE user is immune to it, and the other that Apokolips has/has access to a special dimension or location where no powers work, including Darkseids Omega Effect and the ALE.

Also, shades weren't affected. Probably because they're not strictly alive, and the ALE affects the living.

But other than that, even corpses obeyed the ALE.

And even if Parallax managed to "shoot first", it's questionable whether the ALE grants powers beyond simple mind control. Scott Free certainly seemed to possess physical and energy manipulation powers, as well as the standard mind control stuff.

leonidas
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Where would you rank Simonson's Orion? In the league of Thor/Superman? Above?

same league for sure. just really liked the characterization. much better than morrison's (whom i still love though) almost animalistic approach to orion.

cdtm
same league for sure. just really liked the characterization. much better than morrison's (whom i still love though) almost animalistic approach to orion.

And Simonson's Orion had a brain. He wasn't just raw bloodlust.

I thought Simonson captured the Kirby New Gods better than any other writer. Especially his Darkseid. He even had Darkseid make a funny, which Kirby himself did all the time. Kirby Darkseid was most definitely not pure doom and gloom, like virtually every writer has him, but had a morbid sense of humor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.