Proteus vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

elcarloz
who wins?

lilshogun
Proteous another reality warper. Thanos does not give a hoot if you are a god. He preps Proteus with fashion.

Kid Kurdy
Proteus wins, unless Thanos preps himself.

I really don't see what Thanos can do.

Nihilist
Thanos wins.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos wins.
How ?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
How ?

Yeah, I want to know how as well; Proteus can make himself invulnerable to anything Thanos could throw at him...

Maybe Thanos has a chance if he goes the psychic route (and Thanos is not certain to win in this fashion), but beyond that, I cant imagine what Thanos could do to a PIS'less Proteus...

Glorificus
Thanos mindrapes.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Glorificus
Thanos mindrapes.

Proteus beat off an attempted mind rape from Phoenix when she was undergoing the transformation into Dark Phoenix...

So given that, what makes you think that Thanos's mind rape attempt is garanteed to work? Just because he's Thanos?

LoL...

zopzop
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Proteus beat off an attempted mind rape from Phoenix when she was undergoing the transformation into Dark Phoenix...

So given that, what makes you think that Thanos's mind rape attempt is garanteed to work? Just because he's Thanos?

LoL...

When was this? I hope it's not from Proteus' first appearance in the 70s because Jean had self imposed psionic circuit breakers in place after the M'krann Crystal incident.

Thanos beats Proteus.

Mistress-Death
Thanos wins

carver9
Proteus 10/10 and easily at that.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by zopzop
When was this? I hope it's not from Proteus' first appearance in the 70s because Jean had self imposed psionic circuit breakers in place after the M'krann Crystal incident.

Thanos beats Proteus.

Excellent, but you only remembering part of it; those psionic breakers were weakening as the Phoenix Force was strengthening...

The X-men started to notice that she was stronger than normal in the issues leading up to (and including) Proteus's 1st appearance; by the time of Proteus's 1st appearance she was far beyond her Marvel Girl power levels and was doing things with ease that was once a struggle for her (Classic Xmen page 33, page 14, panel 1...for example).

Do you remember that Proteus was strong enough to make himself invisible to Jeans power while she was in this "ever-increasingly-powerful" state? Again, this info can be found in Classic Xmen 33, page 9, panel 5.

Proteus was a beast as pertains his psychic defenses...

No way does Thanos beat him in this fashion with absolutely certainty; given what the Phoenix Force represents, I believe Proteus beating off a psychic attack from it means that the odds would be against Thanos defeating Proteus in this fashion...

Unless you want to try and argue that Thanos has greater psionic ability than a Phoenix undergoing the transformation into Dark Phoenix does...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by carver9
Proteus 10/10 and easily at that.

thumb up

lilshogun
Thanos does what Thanos does best. Having the edge in Vast knowledge in science and magic of the cosmos. Thanos summons the IG and turns Proteus into a fruit cake.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by lilshogun
Thanos does what Thanos does best. Having the edge in Vast knowledge in science and magic of the cosmos. Thanos summons the IG and turns Proteus into a fruit cake.

None of his knowledge would help him in a forum fight against Proteus and there is no IG waiting to bail him out of trouble...

Thanos gets outclassed by a superior opponent 10/10 in this senario...

lilshogun
First we do not know what Thanos is capable of because we do not know what type of Thanos are we using here. Once Thanos knows Proteus is allergic to metal, Thanos will exploit that to his advantage. If Magneto can put a hurt on Proteus by manipulating his electrons , I have no doubt Thanos can whip up some magic to affect him. Thanos win via Prep god ability.Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
None of his knowledge would help him in a forum fight against Proteus and there is no IG waiting to bail him out of trouble...

Thanos gets outclassed by a superior opponent 10/10 in this senario...

TheLordofMurder
First we do not know what Thanos is capable of because we do not know what type of Thanos are we using here. Once Thanos knows Proteus is allergic to metal, Thanos will exploit that to his advantage. If Magneto can put a hurt on Proteus by manipulating his electrons , I have no doubt Thanos can whip up some magic to affect him. Thanos win via Prep god ability.

The OP didnt state that there was prep available to either side; its a fallacy on your part to assume otherwise...

Sans prep, Proteus dominates Thanos; there is nothing Thanos can do to a non-jobbing PIS'ess Proteus...

JakeTheBank
What are some of Thanos' energy manipulation feats? Not just overt raw power in the form of blasts and what not?

carver9
First we do not know what Thanos is capable of because we do not know what type of Thanos are we using here. Once Thanos knows Proteus is allergic to metal, Thanos will exploit that to his advantage. If Magneto can put a hurt on Proteus by manipulating his electrons , I have no doubt Thanos can whip up some magic to affect him. Thanos win via Prep god ability.

Proteus was at half power and was split into two when he fought Magneto. Magneto wasn't fighting the full fledged Proteus.

Horrificus
Proteus

Nihilist
How ? How does Proteus actually beat Thanos.

zopzop
Excellent, but you only remembering part of it; those psionic breakers were weakening as the Phoenix Force was strengthening...

The X-men started to notice that she was stronger than normal in the issues leading up to (and including) Proteus's 1st appearance; by the time of Proteus's 1st appearance she was far beyond her Marvel Girl power levels and was doing things with ease that was once a struggle for her (Classic Xmen page 33, page 14, panel 1...for example).

Do you remember that Proteus was strong enough to make himself invisible to Jeans power while she was in this "ever-increasingly-powerful" state? Again, this info can be found in Classic Xmen 33, page 9, panel 5.

Proteus was a beast as pertains his psychic defenses...

No way does Thanos beat him in this fashion with absolutely certainty; given what the Phoenix Force represents, I believe Proteus beating off a psychic attack from it means that the odds would be against Thanos defeating Proteus in this fashion...

Unless you want to try and argue that Thanos has greater psionic ability than a Phoenix undergoing the transformation into Dark Phoenix does...

But she was nowhere near her Dark Phoenix levels. Not even close. With the psionic circuit breakers in effect she couldn't even beat Magneto (she noticed something was cutting off her power during her fight with him, only later did she realize it was her self imposed mental blocks that shattered when she became Dark Phoenix).

During the Proteus arc Scott was amazed that she could lift five people telekinetically, I mean yeah that was stronger than her Marvel Girl abilities but not up to par with Magneto. After she became Dark Phoenix that's a whole other story.

abhilegend
Proteus.

Kid Kurdy
How does Proteus actually beat Thanos.
I asked it first.

Kid Kurdy
(pouring oil on the fire)

Face it, Proteus is out of Thanos' league. It's really quite a humiliation for Thanos to get his ass kicked by a mere X-Men villain.

Silent Master

Where in the OP does it say that prep is allowed?

Kid Kurdy
I hope most people realize that Proteus can turn Thanos into a butterfly only by looking at him ?

He can turn Thanos' clothing in adamantium, and change Thanos's blasts in pretty flowers.

If Thanos pulls out a fancy deus ex machina weapon, he can turn it against him in half a second.

So many ways to kick his ass...

carver9
This is a non fight. Proteus is one of the best reality warpers in comics.

Mistress-Death
Thanos would wins, Proteus is good but hasn't beaten anyone Thanos lvl or have the feats to say he can, most of this thread is based on specultion

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Mistress-Death
Proteus is good but hasn't beaten anyone Thanos lvl or have the feats to say he can, most of this thread is based on speculation
Like every fight here where the fighters have never faced each other.

MF DELPH
Not that I'm trying to get in the middle of this, or think Thanos wins for that matter, but wasn't it shown in Thanos Quest that Thanos is resistent to the effects of altered reality via the example of his crossing through various dimensional barriers/dimensions and his form was manipulated and distorted but he was able to revert back to normal by force of will, combined with the fact he has complete control of his atomic structure as an Eternal? If I'm recalling correctly, this match may be a bit closer than some think, but I can't decide on a clear victor.

Mistress-Death
But saying he can turn his blasts or him into something is pure speculation when you look at what Thanos is and what his power comes from

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Mistress-Death
But saying he can turn his blasts or him into something is pure speculation when you look at what Thanos is and what his power comes from
Eh, that is not speculation.

That's exactly what Proteus does. That's his thing, he does those kinds of things all the time.

He's above reality.

Or better put: Proteus decides what reality looks like.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Not that I'm trying to get in the middle of this, or think Thanos wins for that matter, but wasn't it shown in Thanos Quest that Thanos is resistent to the effects of altered reality via the example of his crossing through various dimensional barriers/dimensions and his form was manipulated and distorted but he was able to revert back to normal by force of will, combined with the fact he has complete control of his atomic structure as an Eternal? If I'm recalling correctly, this match may be a bit closer than some think, but I can't decide on a clear victor.
Thanos wasn't attacked, he was just flying through these dimensions while sitting in his favorite chair.

And it still messed him up...

That's not comparable with being attacked by a powerful reality warper like Proteus.

MF DELPH
While it wasn't an attack, it had the exact same effect, and that effect was having his body manipulated via altered reality. IMO, the source and intent of the manipulation doesn't change the end result. It's like saying a boulder falling on you via a natural event is different than someone dropping a boulder on you with malicious intent, though the result is the same.

Kid Kurdy
While it wasn't an attack, it had the exact same effect, and that effect was having his body manipulated via altered reality. IMO, the source and intent of the manipulation doesn't change the end result. It's like saying a boulder falling on you via a natural event is different than someone dropping a boulder on you with malicious intent, though the result is the same.
I realize what you're trying to say, and I agree somewhat.

But still, that wasn't an attack, and even if it was, you can't compare it with an attack from a very powerful reality warper such as Proteus.

Proteus can change Thanos' gloves in powerful adamantium dragons that will attack him. He can turn gravity upside down.

He can litteraly do anything he wants. That's no joke.

For argument's sake, I'm willing to accept that Thanos is immune to a certain degree, but he's not ignoring Proteus' attacks.

carver9

That's exactly what Proteus does. That's his thing, he does those kinds of things all the time.

He's above reality.

Or better put: Proteus decides what reality looks like.

Pretty much. Any thought that crosses Proteus mind happens. Proteus can just sit on the side lines and consistently create powerful beings to fight Thanos until Thanos is near depleted.

This fight isn't fair.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

abhilegend
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos wins.
Based on?

Badabing
Thanos wins. Shut up. No he doesn't. sneer

Carver, please educate Quan some more. He needs special help.

biscuits

Kid Kurdy
Thanos wins.
Since you're buddy refuses to answer, I'll ask you: how ?

Silent Master
Since you're buddy refuses to answer, I'll ask you: how ?

The same way Thanos beat Squirrel Girl.

carver9
Originally posted by Badabing
Shut up. No he doesn't. sneer

biscuits

laughing out loud

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Silent Master
The same way Thanos beat Squirrel Girl.
Face down, butt up, ready to get raped ?

quanchi112
Since you're buddy refuses to answer, I'll ask you: how ? Bringing permanent death to him. Thanos is far more powerful and has shown the ability to resist reality manipulation. Thanos has also defeat the Maker.

You have nothing to support your anti Thanos views. He wins, 10/10.

Silent Master
Face down, butt up, ready to get raped ?

Yep

Kid Kurdy
Bringing permanent death to him. Thanos is far more powerful and has shown the ability to resist reality manipulation. Thanos has also defeat the Maker.

It's even worse than I thought...

TheLordofMurder
Bringing permanent death to him. Thanos is far more powerful and has shown the ability to resist reality manipulation. Thanos has also defeat the Maker.

How does Thanos bring permanent death to Proteus? By punching and kicking him? By blasting him? LoL...Thanos cant touch Proteus at all if Proteus doesnt want him to.

Will Mistress Death herself show up and kill Proteus? Thats the only way Thanos is getting a victory here; Death itself will have to save him...

So what if Thanos can resist reality manipulation; Proteus could convert every foreign substance inside Thanos's body into adamantium...or even worse...cause a fusion reaction with the foreign substances in his body and blow him into a billion pieces.

Proteus has far, far, too many options here for dealing with Thanos; Proteus's power is only really limited by his imagination...Thanos absolutely cant win if Proteus uses even a little creativity.

And so what if Thanos beat the Maker? The Maker was insane and sabotaged itself by making itself vulnerable...Proteus wont have that problem.

Proteus defeats Thanos a perfect 10/10...

TheLordofMurder
Or even worse, Proteus could turn every foreign substance inside Thanos's body into anti-matter and completely and utterly destroy him...

Thanos has no prayer in a PIS'less forum fight against Proteus...

abhilegend

biscuits
icwutudidder.durznuts

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
What are some of Thanos' energy manipulation feats? Not just overt raw power in the form of blasts and what not?

Nihilist

He's above reality.

Or better put: Proteus decides what reality looks like. Simply put everything you have said is just speculation.

Proteus isnt above Death, as thats where Thanos power comes from, and lulz at him turning Thanos into adamantium or whatever you said, Thanos power comes from various sources of Death,dark occult magic and cosmic energy.

And as Delph said Thanos was able to resist the manipulation of the nexus ofreality trying to pull him apart 9 different ways, Proteus power is nothing compared the point where all realitys meet

Nihilist
He uses a combo of Death magic/dark occult magic and various forms of energy like gamma, plus he manipulated the HOTU.

Kid Kurdy
Simply put everything you have said is just speculation.

Proteus isnt above Death, as thats where Thanos power comes from, and lulz at him turning Thanos into adamantium or whatever you said, Thanos power comes from various sources of Death,dark occult magic and cosmic energy.

And as Delph said Thanos was able to resist the manipulation of reality trying to pull him apart 9 different ways.
Amusing smile

Proteus still stomps.

OneDumbG0
He uses a combo of Death magic/dark occult magic and various forms of energy like gamma, plus he manipulated the HOTU. Thanos himself has no strict energy manipulation feats I'm aware of. And that latter part is like the equivalent of saying Red Skull manipulated the Cosmic Cube energies.

Nihilist
Amusing smile

Proteus still stomps. Care to do a BZ over it then if youre so sure he stomps.

vince_slice

Off the top of my head he's transmuted a skrull into stone, he's transferred back all of Surfer's life force with a wave of his hand, matter-manipulated to create a house, matter-manipulated his doppelganger's body into a butterfly then ate it to gain its knowledge/power. I think there's more.

Nihilist
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Thanos himself has no strict energy manipulation feats I'm aware of. And that latter part is like the equivalent of saying Red Skull manipulated the Cosmic Cube energies. How is it, Thanos absorbed and mastered the energy instantly, whilst it took the Celestial order over 1000 yrs to do so.

Nihilist
Originally posted by vince_slice
Off the top of my head he's transmuted a skrull into stone, he's transferred back all of Surfer's life force with a wave of his hand, matter-manipulated to create a house, matter-manipulated his doppelganger's body into a butterfly then ate it to gain its knowledge/power. I think there's more. Sorry pal the doppleganger simply turned into a butterfly(dont know why), he aslo healed a guys wounds with a wave of his hands, and stripped the skin of Moondragons arm all with energy manip.

OneDumbG0
^ Stripped the skin off Moondragon's arm with energy manip??? Originally posted by Nihilist
How is it, Thanos absorbed and mastered the energy instantly, whilst it took the Celestial order over 1000 yrs to do so. I don't really care that the Celestial Order apparently sucks. Controlling/possessing and manipulating are two different things. Magus accustoming himself to the Infintiy Gems more quickly than Thanos or Adam did, does not make him a better energy manipulator. It's a willpower feat if anything.

Lord Feron
Just curious has Thanos killed anything other than cancerverse beings that were also said to be unkillable or was it just some PIS power for that story arc?

Nihilist
^ Stripped the skin off Moondragon's arm with energy manip??? I don't really care that the Celestial Order apparently sucks. Controlling/possessing and manipulating are two different things. Magus accustoming himself to the Infintiy Gems more quickly than Thanos or Adam did, does not make him a better energy manipulator. It's a willpower feat if anything. Call it whatever you idont really care, imo it was a manipultion feat. He manipulted to suit him.

OneDumbG0
^ Guess Red Skull is a better energy manipulator than Sentry. mhmm Originally posted by Lord Feron
some PIS power for that story arc

Nihilist
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Just curious has Thanos killed anything other than cancerverse beings that were also said to be unkillable or was it just some PIS power for that story arc? He was only the true avatar of death in that one arc.

Nihilist
^ Guess Red Skull is a better energy manipulator than Sentry. mhmm Like i said whatever makes you feel better.

OneDumbG0
^ It makes me feel better that I don't willfully accept absurd conclusions just to suit narrow arguments.

Of course, Cap being a better energy manipulator than Nova is intriguing. Quick. Someone post that in Cap's Respect Thread under "Energy Manipulation" feats. He acclimated and controlled the full Novaforce with more ease than Rich did, after all.

JakeTheBank
Thanks for in the input guys.

The reason I ask is because of people bringing up what Magneto did to Proteus. Magneto's a tried and true energy manipulator, possessed of raw power as well as incredible finesse. Obviously, before anyone flips out, I'm not saying Magneto is more powerful than Thanos. However, when it comes to the electromagnetic spectrum, Magneto has a great wealth of magnitude of feats involving things outside of sheer destructive power, leading me to ask my earlier question.

Silent Master
Does being a Thanos faboy cause brain-rot?

Kid Kurdy
Just curious has Thanos killed anything other than cancerverse beings that were also said to be unkillable or was it just some PIS power for that story arc?
What do you think ?

Kid Kurdy
Call it whatever you idont really care, imo it was a manipultion feat. He manipulted to suit him.
That "manipulation" feat will make Proteus giggle.

Nihilist
^ It makes me feel better that I don't willfully accept absurd conclusions just to suit narrow arguments.

Of course, Cap being a better energy manipulator than Nova is intriguing. Quick. Someone post that in Cap's Respect Thread under "Energy Manipulation" feats. He acclimated and controlled the full Novaforce with more ease than Rich did, after all. I know you like to try and be smart all the time but dont act so stupid over something that is clear as day.

He manipulated the energy so he could absorb it to suit him.

Lord Feron
He was only the true avatar of death in that one arc.

Yeah I know but I just wanted to know if he ever tested his "kill unkillable" powers on someone other than a cancerverse being. Because I mean I always thought it was like the situation where a character had the exact special power to solve the situation. Kinda like Invisible woman and exitar or maybe like white light killing off black lanterns, ya know?

Because in both instances the characters who had the right tool for the task at hand will not have the same effect on normal people as it would have the enemies of that story arc. Idk just wondering.

JakeTheBank

The way I look at it was that Thanos didn't become more powerful than normal, but rather just had the capability to make death "stick" as it were if said being (ie. Cancerverse denizen) was beyond death. He'd still need to be able to hurt said being and the like.

Nihilist
That "manipulation" feat will make Proteus giggle. You show me Proteus manipulating a energy source greater or more powerfull than the HOTU.

So i take it that its a no over a BZ then.

Lord Feron
What do you think ?

I think i have a question that I would like to have the answer to big grin

OneDumbG0
I know you like to try and be smart all the time but dont act so stupid over something that is clear as day.

He manipulated the energy so he could absorb it to suit him. So did Cap. With the entire Novaforce in Secret Avengers. When Nova Rich Ryder (with plenty of his own energy manipulation feats already under his belt) was spazzing out for issues trying to reign in the entire Novaforce.

Captain America is a better energy manipulater than Nova aoccrding to you.

That this mirrors your rationale and has gotten you upset isn't my fault. It's your rationale. Originally posted by Lord Feron
Yeah I know but I just wanted to know if he ever tested his "kill unkillable" powers on someone other than a cancerverse being. Because I mean I always thought it was like the situation where a character had the exact special power to solve the situation. Kinda like Invisible woman and exitar or maybe like white light killing off black lanterns, ya know?

Because in both instances the characters who had the right tool for the task at hand will not have the same effect on normal people as it would have the enemies of that story arc. Idk just wondering. Thanos fans have no problem with that thinking. It's how they explain Drax's first murder of Thanos, after all.

Nihilist

Because in both instances the characters who had the right tool for the task at hand will not have the same effect on normal people as it would have the enemies of that story arc. Idk just wondering. Its not like Thanos has had problems killing things before.

Nihilist
So did Cap. With the entire Novaforce in Secret Avengers. When Nova Rich Ryder (with plenty of his own energy manipulation feats already under his belt) was spazzing out for issues trying to reign in the entire Novaforce.

Captain America is a better energy manipulater than Nova aoccrding to you.

That this mirrors your rationale and has gotten you upset isn't my fault. It's your rationale. Thanos fans have no problem with that thinking. It's how they explain Drax's first murder of Thanos, after all. Cap had help of the worldmind irrc so he had help, Thanos didnt.

Again call it what you like, couldnt give a shit.

OneDumbG0
^ Worldmind was helping Nova also. Fail to see any distinction.

I'll call it how I see it. Possessing an amp =/= energy manipulation. Posessing an amp quicker than others =/= better energy manipulation than others.

Nihilist
^ Worldmind was helping Nova also. Fail to see any distinction.

I'll call it how I see it. Possessing an amp =/= energy manipulation. Posessing an amp quicker than others =/= better energy manipulation than others. So they both had help, Thanos didnt have help manipulating the raw naked energy, so youre comparison is pointless.

OneDumbG0
So they both had help, Thanos didnt have help manipulating the raw naked energy, so youre comparison is pointless. ... you're smarter than this. But I don't need to deconstruct your false distinction. I've made my point. Let me know if Thanos has energy manipulation feats beyond possessing an amp. We can discuss those feats at that time.

abhilegend
Does being a Thanos faboy cause brain-rot?
laughing out loud

Silent Master
... you're smarter than this. But I don't need to deconstruct your false distinction. I've made my point. Let me know if Thanos has energy manipulation feats beyond possessing an amp. We can discuss those feats at that time.

Are you sure?

Nihilist
... you're smarter than this. But I don't need to deconstruct your false distinction. I've made my point. Let me know if Thanos has energy manipulation feats beyond possessing an amp. We can discuss those feats at that time. laughing out loud whatever, all youre doing is trying to lowball.

Batman-Prime
Proteus

OneDumbG0
Are you sure? Not so sure anymore with these insipid deflections.

Badabing
Are people using Thanos with THOTU was a matter manip feat? noneermm

OneDumbG0
^ Energy manip feat.

No, I don't know whether that's stupider or not. noneermm

Nihilist
Are people using Thanos with THOTU was a matter manip feat? noneermm No energy.

W@NG smash!!
WANG SMASH!!!!!!!!!

Silent Master

Looks that way.

Edit: Sorry, energy mainp

Kid Kurdy
Well, they have to say something of course.

Badabing
If that's the case then they are ignoring frum rules.

Originally posted by Digi
Debating Format

Standard Equipment
Each side starts out with the equipment that they normally and have been shown to consistently carry on them. For example, Daredevil would have his billy-club, but Reed Richards would not have the Ultimate Nullifier.
In a scenario fight, the contestants in whose city/reality the fight takes place are allowed access to any material resources they usually have there or of any team they're active members of, as long as they can reasonably get to them. For example, in a scenario set in the DCU, Green Lantern would have access to equipment in the JLA Watchtower, but not the Titans headquarters.
Beta Ray Bill would not have Scuttlebutt and Batman would not have the Batmobile, unless otherwise noted in the open post.

Full Capacity
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels.

The IG and HOTU are not standard equipment and most certainly are power-up items.

W@NG smash!!
Thanos has lots of bionics which might act like Wolverines claws or Colossus on Proteus!!!!

Nihilist
If that's the case then they are ignoring frum rules.

The IG and HOTU are not standard equipment and most certainly are power-up items. facepalm That is not what it is being used for, it is a example of him manipulating a energy source, its nothing to do with the item itself.

W@NG smash!!
facepalm That is not what it is being used for it is a example of him manipulating a energy source, its nothing to do with the item itself.

DON'T FACEPALM THE MOD that's WANGS job!!!!!

Nihilist
Well, they have to say something of course. facepalmSeems youre another one that cant understand anything.

Badabing
Nihilist, stop trolling and tend to your family. no expression

Nihilist
Nihilist, stop trolling and tend to your family. no expression How is it trolling every question that has been asked i have answered?, it seem you have it in for me and ignore all the other trolling done in this and other Thanos threads.

Badabing
How is it trolling every question that has been asked i have answered?, it seem you have it in for me and ignore all the other trolling done in this and other Thanos threads. Stop your crying and be a man! You ever see Quan acting like a lass? sneer

lilshogun
Um no, Proteus would be a terrible match up against Thanos. Thanos with vast experience with Cosmic Cubes, IG, and the HOTU, has a WAY better lock on how Proteus' powers work than even Proteus does in reality warping. First of all Thanos was depicted in Thanos Quest as having no trouble with reality shifts. I believe his line was "Reality has a minimal effect on my being." In addition to that and having been in all sorts of realities, Thanos possessed the Reality gem which certainly provided him with some keen insights into how reality warping works. So having that knowledge. He would understand Proteus' powers better than Proteus.

The OP didnt state that there was prep available to either side; its a fallacy on your part to assume otherwise...

Sans prep, Proteus dominates Thanos; there is nothing Thanos can do to a non-jobbing PIS'ess Proteus...

Nihilist
Stop your crying and be a man! You ever see Quan acting like a lass? sneer Who's crying? you clearly have some sort of problem with me, for instance you warned me for trolling in another thread, yet Gundam baited and trolled for several pages and even admitted he had done so but nothing said to him.

Silent Master
Um no, Proteus would be a terrible match up against Thanos. Thanos with vast experience with Cosmic Cubes, IG, and the HOTU, has a WAY better lock on how Proteus' powers work than even Proteus does in reality warping. First of all Thanos was depicted in Thanos Quest as having no trouble with reality shifts. I believe his line was "Reality has a minimal effect on my being." In addition to that and having been in all sorts of realities, Thanos possessed the Reality gem which certainly provided him with some keen insights into how reality warping works. So having that knowledge. He would understand Proteus' powers better than Proteus.

How is Thanos having a general idea of how Proteus' powers work going to help him?

Badabing
Who's crying? you clearly have some sort of problem with me, for instance you warned me for trolling in another thread, yet Gundam baited and trolled for several pages and even admitted he had done so but nothing said to him. I just checked your profile and you haven't had an official warning since 2010. facepalm
(Yes, revenge for the facepalm you gave me above!)

And I'm so serious right now. no expression

There goes your argument. Just like your energy manip argument using Thanos with THOTU. OOOOH! Feel the burn! vin

Nihilist
I just checked your profile and you haven't had an official warning since 2010. facepalm
(Yes, revenge for the facepalm you gave me above!)

And I'm so serious right now. no expression

There goes your argument. Just like your energy manip argument using Thanos with THOTU. OOOOH! Feel the burn! vin Yeah you are clearly upset about something, dont know what though!

Badabing
Yeah you are clearly upset about something, dont know what though! Maybe if your face meets my fist I'll figure it out!!! ahuh

MF DELPH
Stop your crying and be a man! You ever see Quan acting like a lass? sneer

Hush little branny don't say a word, quanny's going to get you a Thanos bird. If that Thanos bird don't sing quanny's gonna get you a Thanos ring.

Shhh branny, I am singing to you. If that Thanos ring don't fit quanny's going to let you have a Thanos shit. Go to sleep my little baby bro.

Nihilist
Maybe if your face meets my fist I'll figure it out!!! ahuh How is that gonna hurt, with them chubby hands.

Badabing
I fear you'll rue this day! osheetOriginally posted by Nihilist
How is that gonna hurt, with them chubby hands. You are a specist. sneer

lilshogun
Because Thanos has a track record against Reality Warpers and has the abilty to resist as he did in the IG saga.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5800/1109155thanosquest1101s.jpg

And I doubt l that Proteus will have any affect against his mind. Since Thanos is bionically amplified internally? So here is my thing, Is Proteus fighting Thanos in his energy form? Becuase Thanos has the ability to tap into cosmic energy.

.Originally posted by Silent Master
How is Thanos having a general idea of how Proteus' powers work going to help him?

Silent Master
Because Thanos has a track record against Reality Warpers and has the abilty to resist as he did in the IG saga.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5800/1109155thanosquest1101s.jpg

And I doubt l that Proteus will have any affect against his mind. Since Thanos is bionically amplified internally? So here is my thing, Is Proteus fighting Thanos in his energy form? Becuase Thanos has the ability to tap into cosmic energy.

Name these reality warpers that Thanos has a record against.

Nihilist
Name these reality warpers that Thanos has a record against. Maker, a cube being.

Silent Master
Maker, a cube being.

And what was the nature of Maker's attack?

Nihilist
And what was the nature of Maker's attack? She blasted him and warped her surrounding at the same time.

Simple fact Nexus of reality(the point where all realitys meet)>>>>>>>Proteus warping, unless you can prove Proteus power is greater than all the realitys meeting and warping.

TheLordofMurder
Maker, a cube being.

Unfortunately, the Maker never performed any reality manip against Thanos; all the Maker did was use energy blasts...

So his track record against it doesnt real count as pertains feats against reality manipulators...

What reality manipulator has Thanos faced that actually attempted to reality manipulate him sans times he had an artifact of power?

MF DELPH
I fear you'll rue this day! osheet

No more than I rue'd the day he first posted that bullshit.

TheLordofMurder
She blasted him and warped her surrounding at the same time.

Simple fact Nexus of reality(the point where all realitys meet)>>>>>>>Proteus warping, unless you can prove Proteus power is greater than all the realitys meeting and warping.

Thanos didnt experience any warping at the Nexus...the experienced warping on the way to the Nexus...so your point fails.

Nihilist
Unfortunately, the Maker never performed any reality manip against Thanos; all the Maker did was use energy blasts...

So his track record against it doesnt real count as pertains feats against reality manipulators...

What reality manipulator has Thanos faced that actually attempted to reality manipulate him sans times he had an artifact of power? She performed one whilst she attacked him.

What track record does Proteus have against people of Thanos power ie Avatar of Death, amped Eternals?

Silent Master

What reality manipulator has Thanos faced that actually attempted to reality manipulate him sans times he had an artifact of power?

Why am I not surprised, thanks.

I'd really love to find an honest Thanos fan one day, it'd likely make for some fun and informative debates.

Nihilist
Thanos didnt experience any warping at the Nexus...the experienced warping on the way to the Nexus...so your point fails. He experienced at the point where they meet in the nexus it even states it on panel.

Do you need to be reported for trolling as it shown him being warped up to 9 different ways and overcoming it.

Nihilist
Why am I not surprised, thanks.

I'd really love to find an honest Thanos fan one day, it'd likely make for some fun and informative debates. Youre so predictable, because i answered what you asked and cant counter it you simply resort by posting the same crap as always.

TheLordofMurder
She performed one whilst she attacked him.

What track record does Proteus have against people of Thanos power ie Avatar of Death, amped Eternals?

You got a scan of her attempting to reality manipulate him, because I sure dont remember that (gonna go back and read the fight again just to make certain)...

As pertains Proteus, he one-shotted Phoenix that was undergoing the transformation into Dark Phoenix; I'd place her above just about any amped Eternal...

Silent Master
Youre so predictable, because i answered what you asked and cant counter it you simply resort by posting the same crap as always.

TheLordofMurder doesn't appear to be anywhere near as biased as you, therefore I give his statements more weight.

TheLordofMurder
Just re-read the fight and not once did she attempt to reality warp Thanos...not once...it was allenergy blasts.

The Maker was insane, crying, blabbering, and not at all fighting as it was capable of...

The fight against The Maker is no indication of how a fight between Thanos and Proteus would go; Proteus actually uses reality manip against his opponents...

Nihilist
You got a scan of her attempting to reality manipulate him, because I sure dont remember that (gonna go back and read the fight again just to make certain)...Go to the Thanos respect thread it in there, she blasted and warped at the same time, butthe warp had no effect on him.

sigh, youre still trying to use this example when Zopzop put you straight on it, hell Proteus didnt one shot Magneto that must at least drive home to you what Zopzop told you.

As i asked King Kurdy, do you fancy a BZ as most of you say it a easy stomp over Thanos.

TheLordofMurder
Go to the Thanos respect thread it in there, she blasted and warped at the same time, butthe warp had no effect on him.

sigh, youre still trying to use this example when Zopzop put you straight on it, hell Proteus didnt one shot Magneto that must at least drive home to you what Zopzop told you.

As i asked King Kurdy, do you fancy a BZ as most of you say it a easy stomp over Thanos.

Just looked at the fight; she never attempted to warp him...

zopzop was wrong; I have Classic Xmen 33 and 34 right here with me to support my argument...

Nihilist
Just re-read the fight and not once did she attempt to reality warp Thanos...not once...it was allenergy blasts.She warped and blasted at the same time

And, that had nothing to do with her power as she had already wiped out a settlement of 64,000 people in the blink of an eye, nor was it ever staed about her power being lowered only her mental state was effected.

so can the Nexus, but far far better.

Nihilist
TheLordofMurder doesn't appear to be anywhere near as biased as you, therefore I give his statements more weight. Same old same old.

Nihilist
Just looked at the fight; she never attempted to warp him...Stop lying, she warped the people near by, yet you say she was a cryiny,babbling idiot who didnt have that power laughing out loud talk about owning yourself.

No he was right, otherwise you would have posted the scan.

Are you another one that doesnt want a BZ then.

TheLordofMurder
Stop lying, she warped the people near by, yet you say she was a cryiny,babbling idiot who didnt have that power laughing out loud talk about owning yourself.

No he was right, otherwise you would have posted the scan.

Are you another one that doesnt want a BZ then.

Dude, wtf you talking about lying?

She never attempted to warp Thanos...fact.

She was a crying babbling idiot who made herself vulnerable...fact.

I never said that she didnt have the power to warp Thanos...fact.

So no I didnt own myself...

As peratins the argument zopzop, there is a reason I post the issue, page, and panel when I post; ps3's dont support scanners...

Also, screw a BZ...I have no time for those.

quanchi112
It's even worse than I thought... I'm right as per the norm.
Originally posted by abhilegend
Based on? Thanos' history.

biscuits Treasonous dog.
How does Thanos bring permanent death to Proteus? By punching and kicking him? By blasting him? LoL...Thanos cant touch Proteus at all if Proteus doesnt want him to.

Will Mistress Death herself show up and kill Proteus? Thats the only way Thanos is getting a victory here; Death itself will have to save him...

So what if Thanos can resist reality manipulation; Proteus could convert every foreign substance inside Thanos's body into adamantium...or even worse...cause a fusion reaction with the foreign substances in his body and blow him into a billion pieces.

Proteus has far, far, too many options here for dealing with Thanos; Proteus's power is only really limited by his imagination...Thanos absolutely cant win if Proteus uses even a little creativity.

And so what if Thanos beat the Maker? The Maker was insane and sabotaged itself by making itself vulnerable...Proteus wont have that problem.

Proteus defeats Thanos a perfect 10/10... Just like Mgento couldn't best him either, right ?

Thanos as the avatar of death has power to cause death despite an entire universe having already destroyed death upsetting the natural cycle of things.

Thanos always stays true to himself and resisted reality manipulation in Thanos quest.

Maker is far more powerful than Proteus. Thanos beating a higher reality warper on the food chain burns you up. It makes me smile. smile

Horrificus
Um no, Proteus would be a terrible match up against Thanos. Thanos with vast experience with Cosmic Cubes, IG, and the HOTU, has a WAY better lock on how Proteus' powers work than even Proteus does in reality warping. First of all Thanos was depicted in Thanos Quest as having no trouble with reality shifts. I believe his line was "Reality has a minimal effect on my being." In addition to that and having been in all sorts of realities, Thanos possessed the Reality gem which certainly provided him with some keen insights into how reality warping works. So having that knowledge. He would understand Proteus' powers better than Proteus. I understand what you are saying, but it still wouldn't help if reality was turned against Thanos.

During his "Quest", Thanos was able to hold it together as he traveled from one dimension to another. But, nothing was permanent. And, it was environmental, not purposely turned against him as a weapon.

Against Proteus, reality would be turned against him.

Even if he understood what was happening, if he is turned into carbon dioxide, it isn't going to help him.

Or, if the way his brain actually works, was instantly changed. Without his mind, he can't even think his way out.

There is just too much Proteus can do. Where as, Thanos' options are limited.

TheTyrant
Thanos 10/10.

Horrificus
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Thanos 10/10. Good argument. You win. wink

Silent Master
Originally posted by TheTyrant
Thanos 10/10.

You really think that Thanos loses 10/10?

Stoic
Originally posted by Horrificus
I understand what you are saying, but it still wouldn't help if reality was turned against Thanos.

During his "Quest", Thanos was able to hold it together as he traveled from one dimension to another. But, nothing was permanent. And, it was environmental, not purposely turned against him as a weapon.

Against Proteus, reality would be turned against him.

Even if he understood what was happening, if he is turned into carbon dioxide, it isn't going to help him.

Or, if the way his brain actually works, was instantly changed. Without his mind, he can't even think his way out.

There is just too much Proteus can do. Where as, Thanos' options are limited.

It's funny because it was stated that when Thanos went through the Nexus of Realities that he was being dichotomized, which is indicative of being torn apart more on a mental level than a physical one, while having secondary physical implications, like the ones that happened to Xavier when the Shadow King crushed him on the astral plane making his legs break on the physical plane.

carver9
The thing about it is...he was being warped when he passed through these realities but he didn't mentally break down. This gives me an indication that Proteus CAN warp him but this would be more of a physical attack than a mental one since again, it was shown on panel that warping Thanos actually works.

the Darkone
Thanos wins, If i remember correctly Thanos is immune too reality warping due too the IG gem exposure, especially the reality gem.

carver9
Almost forgot. Proteus not longer have that Iron weakness...he lost it when he was pulled from the 616 reality during the Exiles.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thanos wins, If i remember correctly Thanos is immune too reality warping due too the IG gem exposure, especially the reality gem. ... crackers

Horrificus
Originally posted by Stoic
It's funny because it was stated that when Thanos went through the Nexus of Realities that he was being dichotomized, which is indicative of being torn apart more on a mental level than a physical one, while having secondary physical implications, like the ones that happened to Xavier when the Shadow King crushed him on the astral plane making his legs break on the physical plane. If you look at those scans, there is no sign of blood or violent effects at all. That is because what is happening to him is more about the changing laws of reality he has to deal with each time he moves through another dimension. He isn't being destroyed, but he has to experience each.

The realities are forcing him to exist in those different states and because he is Thanos, he was able to adapt to the experiences until he could pass through.

zopzop
Just looked at the fight; she never attempted to warp him...

zopzop was wrong; I have Classic Xmen 33 and 34 right here with me to support my argument...

Wrong about what? That version of Phoenix couldn't even beat Magneto because of the psionic circuit breakers that were in place. She didn't break them till she became Dark Phoenix. Then they were reinforced by Xavier with her fighting off the Phoenix's influence.

Stoic

Horrificus

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Horrificus
Thanos is an "Eternal". By definition, doesn't this mean that he has complete control over his body at a molecular level?

And, would this help him against Proteus? This Eternal characteristic hasn't manifested itself in any meaningful way on-panel when it comes to Thanos.

It wouldn't help Makkari, Starfox, Forgotten One or Ikaris. Heck, it probably wouldn't even help Sersi who is an Eternal that specifically specializes in molecular control, both within and without herself.

lilshogun
He beat a cosmic cube. Make of it what you will. Just to note Proteus isn't so much warping reality as he was warping the perception of reality while influencing the laws of physics in limited ways. That's why nothing he did ever really lasted and why his range was so limited. He could bend perceptions, but he couldn't, for example, create something from nothing, or manipulate time, or bring back the dead, or shift space the way real reality warpers, like Franklin, Wanda, Jaspers. Magneto already proved that he can be taken in combat once he figured him out by desrupting his energy.

psycho gundam
He beat a cosmic cube. Make of it what you will. actually, you're making that into something it's not

quanchi112
I was just being sweet to my baby brother.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.