Companions of the hall vs Lord of the Rings

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dum Dum Dugan
New stipulations added to make fight more interesting. Drizzt does not have his bow, arrows now guen.

There are four matches in total. If one of the match ups intrigues you more then the others you make just discuss that if you wish. please try and have a real indepth discussion and remember to be respectful.

First Match: Drizzt and Bruenor vs Aragon, Borromir, Legolas and Gimli. Who wins and why?

2nd Match: Wulfgar, Bruenor and Wulfgar unarmed vs Aragon, Borromir, Legolas (knifes only) gimli in the woods.

3rd Match: Bruenor and Wulfgar vs Aragon, Borromir, Legolas and Gimli. Who wins and why?

Also I spoke with Badabing, and he said it was okay to make this thread.

Starscream M
Companions of the hall in both.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Starscream M
Companions of the hall in both.
why?

i

Starscream M
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
why?

i just think they're more powerful overall...especially drizzt with his weapons and almost meta abilities

Omega Vision
Out of curiosity...how did this get a pass by Bada? Is it because there isn't a versus forum for book characters?

Lord Feron
Team one. They got some sweet magical items on them and drizzt is damn near meta. Also wulfgar got that hammer that can basically oneshot anyone on team 2 or at least give them some serious internal hemorrhaging.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Team one. They got some sweet magical items on them and drizzt is damn near meta. Also wulfgar got that hammer that can basically oneshot anyone on team 2 or at least give them some serious internal hemorrhaging.
Okay, what if I took Wulfgar away? Would it then be a better fight?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Out of curiosity...how did this get a pass by Bada? Is it because there isn't a versus forum for book characters?

. I just asked nicely and gave my reason why i wanted to make the thread. And he said I could make it. You will have to ask him why he let me. The reason you stated could very well be why.

Omega Vision
He's gone soft. He'd have never let me do this when I was running things. uhuh

srankmissingnin
I'm giving it to the Fellowship. One on one Bruenor takes down Gimil, but Legolas is hax with his arrows, especially if his target is already occupied in combat. Drizzt could probably take Aragorn one on one, Aragorn is a gifted swordsman and fast enough to parry arrows, but I think sooner or later the fact that Drizzt uses two swords (one with a parry enchant no less) would edge him out, but with the aid of Boromir, the duo would win decisively.

Decado the Ice Killer solos everyone on the field. cool

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I'm giving it to the Fellowship. One on one Bruenor takes down Gimil, but Legolas is hax with his arrows, especially if his target is already occupied in combat. Drizzt could probably take Aragorn one on one, Aragorn is a gifted swordsman and fast enough to parry arrows, but I think sooner or later the fact that Drizzt uses two swords (one with a parry enchant no less) would edge him out, but with the aid of Boromir, the duo would win decisively.

Decado the Ice Killer solos everyone on the field. cool

Are u factoring this in with or with out Wulfgar?

Fine either way I was just wondering.

Badabing
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Out of curiosity...how did this get a pass by Bada? Is it because there isn't a versus forum for book characters? Drizzt is in the D & D comics. RA Salvatore writes them.

rotiart
This matchup is more like:
Metas: Us agent (wulfgar) iron fist (drizzt) and pip the troll (Bruenor)
Versus
Peak humans:
Swordsman (aragorn), Clint Barton (legolas), and Gimli (patriot)

From a powers, magical equipment, and skill standpoint this is a spite match. Non comics aside this is completely unfair.

From the character development and Storyline wise team drizzt sucks. But they are heavily stacked in a Monty haul campaign,

rotiart
Originally posted by Badabing
Drizzt is in the D & D comics. RA Salvatore writes them.

And the lords of the rings?

Besides you have guys with flaming and frost swords a magical cat and magical hammers that kill giants in a single blow....etc... And can cast spells like darkness

Va three guys with all normal gear who can't cast spells or summon anything

Badabing
Originally posted by rotiart
And the lords of the rings?

Besides you have guys with flaming and frost swords a magical cat and magical hammers that kill giants in a single blow....etc... And can cast spells like darkness

Va three guys with all normal gear who can't cast spells or summon anything Then debate the thread, not your issues. sneer

stick out tongue

Deadline
Haven't read Drizzts story but I do know that Legolas has got one hell of an advantage long range. Woods might be spite, but like I said don't know about Drizzt and co, want to read the story so no spoilers.

Digi
In terms of feats, Drizzt actually has as many archery feats (and probably more) than Legolas, and also an enchanted quiver with endless lightning arrows. There's no advantage anywhere for the Fellowship, long range or otherwise.

This is in addition to his magical swords, bracers, panther figurine, Wulfgar's hammer, Bruenor's...jobber aura.

Any two of the Companions rock the **** out of the Fellowship. Maybe if you take out Drizzt, it's a fight. I mean, I am serious that I think Drizzt vs. Spider-Man would be a close matchup, and I am VERY familiar with both characters. Drizzt is just above the rest of the field here.

Originally posted by Deadline
Haven't read Drizzts story but I do know that Legolas has got one hell of an advantage long range. Woods might be spite, but like I said don't know about Drizzt and co, want to read the story so no spoilers.

It's like 15 books in at this point. Good luck.

Lord Feron
Okay, what if I took Wulfgar away? Would it then be a better fight?

Well then the 2 would have a very hard time with the fellowship. Hmmm.... not sure they prob lose maybe. Can drizzt use his panther?

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Digi
In terms of feats, Drizzt actually has as many archery feats (and probably more) than Legolas, and also an enchanted quiver with endless lightning arrows. There's no advantage anywhere for the Fellowship, long range or otherwise.

This is in addition to his magical swords, bracers, panther figurine, Wulfgar's hammer, Bruenor's...jobber aura.

Any two of the Companions rock the **** out of the Fellowship. Maybe if you take out Drizzt, it's a fight. I mean, I am serious that I think Drizzt vs. Spider-Man would be a close matchup, and I am VERY familiar with both characters. Drizzt is just above the rest of the field here.

is salvatore still making more?

Dum Dum Dugan
Wulfgar has been removed from the thread.

Also Drizzt gets no Panther nor bow. He has all his other stuff however.

Who wins then?

Dum Dum Dugan

Sorry I should have stated this. I never intended for Drizzt to have catterberies bow (I know tech it his now).

Bruenor's...jobber aura.

Who jobbed to bruenor?

Drizzt is not above Bruenor (who the most underrated character by far in the Drizzt series).

I think there actaully like 20 now.

Dum Dum Dugan
yes he is. But meh. I actually lost interest in them. His new co main character is so annoying and just not interesting.

Digi

Yes.

Who jobbed to bruenor?

No one really. Just needed a term to throw out there since he isn't tricked out magically like Drizzt.

Drizzt is not above Bruenor (who the most underrated character by far in the Drizzt series).

For forum purposes, I would consider him above Bruenor. Because using current versions (per forum rules) he would have both the bow and Guen.

Now, you changed that with your stipulations, so it would be a closer fight. But I consider both the bow and panther to be a part of his standard equipment (and think it would be silly to consider them not standard) so in a "by the rules" standard forum fight, I'd favor Drizzt every time.

Bruenor himself admits his skill is not near Drizzt's in Gauntlgrym, or rather agrees with another's assessment that Drizzt is on another level in terms of his prowess. Bruenor's psychotic damage soak and durability is the counter, and it's a good one, so it's hard to say who would win if it were devoid of magical help from Drizzt's toys.

I think there actaully like 20 now.

Including the Entreri spin-offs, yes. Just Drizzt, I think not just yet.

Anyway. The fact that you had to hinder the Companions significantly to make it fight is telling enough about power levels. Anyone one of them is worth two of the Fellowship, maybe 3 if Drizzt had all his toys. But, with your new restrictions in place (no Guen, no bow, Wulfgar gone) it's indeed a bit closer. I don't truly know, since it's a 2-on-1 at that point, and it's hard to gauge the skill of all involved.

Tolkien's works were not about power levels. I tend to think of trying to apply power levels to them in the same way as Watchmen, or Sandman, or Planetary...if you're doing it, you're missing the point. So, and this may be disappointing, but the answer at this point is "I don't know." And I think anyone saying otherwise is blindly guessing.

yes he is. But meh. I actually lost interest in them. His new co main character is so annoying and just not interesting.

Drizzt himself has matured under Salvatore. He used to be utterly predictable and less nuanced...a clear representation of whatever emotional conflict Salvatore was writing about, and nothing else. He still projects this preachy-ness onto Drizzt sometimes, but not so heavily. Dahlia's new, and not a Companion, so it's easy to be annoyed. Personally, I like that he's had the guts to write true and lasting change into his world and his characters.

Dum Dum Dugan

Dum Dum Dugan
Thanks digi for discussing this with me. You are very knowledgeable about Drizzt and company. And I have very much enjoyed are discussion about them. I dont tend to find many people who know enough about them to really have good discussion about the characters.

Dum Dum Dugan
New stipulations added to make fight more interesting. Drizzt does not have his bow, arrows now guen.

There are four matches in total. If one of the match ups intrigues you more then the others you make just discuss that if you wish. please try and have a real indepth discussion and remember to be respectful.

First Match: Drizzt and Bruenor vs Aragon, Borromir, Legolas and Gimli. Who wins and why?

2nd Match: Wulfgar, Bruenor and Wulfgar unarmed vs Aragon, Borromir, Legolas (knifes only) gimli in the woods.

3rd Match:Bruenor and Wulfgar vs Aragon, Borromir, Legolas and Gimli. Who wins and why?

Digi
I did count the books recently, including the Entreri stuff. 18 is ringing in my mind, but I'm only about 50-60% sure of that. It's a lot, in any case.

Thanks digi for discussing this with me. You are very knowledgeable about Drizzt and company. And I have very much enjoyed are discussion about them. I dont tend to find many people who know enough about them to really have good discussion about the characters.

Eh, not a problem. I enjoy it too, even though I cringe a little at the inclusion of Tolkien characters. Comics and certain other writers (Salvatore being one) concern themselves explicitly with power levels, so they make sense in these contexts. For others, it's an afterthought while art is created (Moore, Tolkien, etc.), or even something left purposely vague to leave it in the realm of myth, and so I think it's almost impossible to try to categorize them.

Anyway, the line I was referring to was Athrogate's, where he's talking about how Dahlia's hands are able to move entirely independently of each other, like Drizzt. He openly admits that he is not that skilled, and lumps Bruenor in with him. Bruenor agrees with the sentiment, that they use their ferocity and force but aren't as skilled, from what I remember, then they muse about whether Dahlia could beat Drizzt.

It was skill only, of course. Bruenor has other advantages, as mentioned. I'm of the mind that even in a "fair" fight (no magical baubles) Drizzt would win more often than not, but I also realize how close it is.

Dum Dum Dugan
I did count the books recently, including the Entreri stuff. 18 is ringing in my mind, but I'm only about 50-60% sure of that. It's a lot, in any case.
agreed.

Eh, not a problem. I enjoy it too, even though I cringe a little at the inclusion of Tolkien characters. Comics and certain other writers (Salvatore being one) concern themselves explicitly with power levels, so they make sense in these contexts. For others, it's an afterthought while art is created (Moore, Tolkien, etc.), or even something left purposely vague to leave it in the realm of myth, and so I think it's almost impossible to try to categorize them.

it can be i agree. I personally think you can classify certain tolkien characters but others not so much. Like Tom for one it be close to impossible to really define how powerful he is. Though i think you can get pretty good idea of how powerful people like aragon is. it harder then with Salvatore though, i agree with that completely.

Do you happen to know of any good match ups with other book based characters? I dont like putting them against comic character because it really hard to argue text against scans. Because some people can really see events different and the lack of picture makes it hard to really explain how impressive some of there feats are to people who have not read them.

Maybe putting them against some dragon lance guys.

Anyway, the line I was referring to was Athrogate's, where he's talking about how Dahlia's hands are able to move entirely independently of each other, like Drizzt. He openly admits that he is not that skilled, and lumps Bruenor in with him. Bruenor agrees with the sentiment, that they use their ferocity and force but aren't as skilled, from what I remember, then they muse about whether Dahlia could beat Drizzt.

Oh i know what your talking about. I re read that part not to long ago. Your actaully talking about two different scenes.

One scene is Dahlia and Jaraxle talking about how Drizzt is on another level then Athrogate. Jaraxle say something like arogath is a fine warrior. Dahlia said something like "even among drow he would be consider skillful at duel weapons but is not on the level of drizzt and relies on his strength to much". Jaraxle agrees. Bruenor actually not mentioned in that scene.

The other scene is were Arogath talks about how he not wish to face Dahlia in combat. Implying he not sure if even drizzt could beat her. Bruenor then threatens Dahlia and trying to get her emotional. Arogath generally seems worried for Bruenor. However Bruenor does not seem worried at all. Dahlia also says that Bruenor can see right through her, which unnerves her.

These scene was more to hype Dahlia up, similar to when pwent first arrived in the books. It was not an actual indication that she was better then Bruenor. It was indication she was better then arogath. Who I think is a notch below bruenor, drizzt ect.

It was skill only, of course. Bruenor has other advantages, as mentioned. I'm of the mind that even in a "fair" fight (no magical baubles) Drizzt would win more often than not, but I also realize how close it is.

I agree, i give drizzt slight majority. Salvatore once emailed my cousin about this fight. His words i think were quite fitting for how I saw the fight going. He said "Drizzt is the best, but I would not bet against Bruenor". I Always took it as Drizzt was the betting favorite, but Bruenor was very live underdog.

Gecko4lif
22 books

edit: Also drizzt and co rape the walkers. No comparison

rotiart
Actually if you were gonna do another set... And didn't wanna do find vs dnd
Caramon, Tanis half elven and kitara or example...

You should consider Robert Jordan's books like the wheel of time as better for non dnd characters who are usually fairly powerful...

Dum Dum Dugan
Actually if you were gonna do another set... And didn't wanna do find vs dnd
Caramon, Tanis half elven and kitara or example...

You should consider Robert Jordan's books like the wheel of time as better for non dnd characters who are usually fairly powerful...

I was thinking of them as well. Do u thinkthere powerful enough to hang? We would deff have to give them superior numbers. (no raistlin though he way to uber powerful).

wheel of time could be hard, the main character can like blow up an entire keeps. But I love the ideas. And i very much like to find good match ups for the companions of the hall. Think there interesting characters that could fair well in lot of battles and bring dynamics and styles that are not common in other verses battles

rotiart
Honestly I still don't think the top three dragon lance would win, unless you included raistlin or dalamar.

Digi
I'm trying to think of the fantasy series that I read. It's hard entering a vs. mindset for them.

I read a lot of Terry Brooks. Allanon would run a train on this whole fight. Most of his other characters get slaughtered though. Even the magic users are generally either scared kids or they lack a ton of great feats.

I began the DL stuff. Never got through it though...it didn't hook me like Drizzt and a few other authors. Let's see. Martin? No. Rothfuss? No. You could go to the dark side and pit them against Harry Potter characters. wink

You might search D&D itself for other worthy characters. Outside obvious rapestomps like Elminster, there might be some good opponents.

srankmissingnin
David Gemmell work has a large pool of skilled swords and sorcery characters (Skilgannon, Rage, Dace, Decado (both versions), Druss, Bane, The Waylander... and on and on and on), even the less powerful characters in his "historical fiction" books are skilled enough to be a threat among high fantasy characters (which should give you some indication about the level of his actually fantasy characters).... plus I always like suggesting people read Gemmell because he was sooooooooooooooo much better than Salvatore in every conceivable way. If you think you might be interesting in David Gemmell... catch up on all your Salvatore books before you read anything of his work, because going back and reading Salvatore afterwards will seem like a chore. Like watching a vhs on a standard def television after seeing a blueray on a 80 inch hdtv. sad

Joe Ambercrombie has some formidable characters too. The Blood-nine and Whirrun, although they might be too much for Drizzt and co... maybe Bremer dan Gorst.

TheLordofMurder
Hvaing read the Dark Elf Trilogy (its an excellent read btw...all should read it at some point), I can say the following with absolute certainty:

If it comes down to anything resembling cqc (close quarters combat) Drizzt solo's all...

Dude was an absolute BEAST; The Lord of Rings characters have no chance against him...

D_Dude1210
Didn't know Salvatore wrote more Drizzt books. Kinda scrapped reading Drizzt books after the ending that happened on the Ghost King (made me go Arghhhh!!!!). Kinda thought that was Salvatore's last Drizzt book. Gonna look up the titles to see if I can order em online. Would you guys recommend the new books? Or is it dissappointing? Also looking on new DnD novels to read (that or WH40k) can you guys recommend a good DnD-based book (that doesn't involve Ravenloft) I could get to pass the time?

Oh, and Drizzt would murder the Fellowship in their movie versions. Never read the book, tho. So I dunno.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Didn't know Salvatore wrote more Drizzt books. Kinda scrapped reading Drizzt books after the ending that happened on the Ghost King (made me go Arghhhh!!!!). Kinda thought that was Salvatore's last Drizzt book. Gonna look up the titles to see if I can order em online. Would you guys recommend the new books? Or is it dissappointing? Also looking on new DnD novels to read (that or WH40k) can you guys recommend a good DnD-based book (that doesn't involve Ravenloft) I could get to pass the time?

Oh, and Drizzt would murder the Fellowship in their movie versions. Never read the book, tho. So I dunno.

The next books after the ghost king is one of his best books. However the book after that is meh. It has some great scenes, but over all the book is lacking. Espcially is you dislike his new character (who I personally can't stand)

rotiart
Back to topic? Team DND stomps hard.

The guys you picked for your dnd are not just good but like the best in all in all of faerun.

:-/

D_Dude1210
Back to topic? Team DND stomps hard.

The guys you picked for your dnd are not just good but like the best in all in all of faerun.

:-/

Not necessarily. Up to Ghost King, there were still some characters in Faerun who would literally pwn Drizzt. Grandmaster Kane took down Artemis (who was a match for Drizzt swordsmanship-wise) with ease. Kane also ad companions who were a match to him (other than that clumsy ranger). Dunno how much better Drizzt got after Ghost King but up to that point, he was good, but not the very best.

But yeah, the fellowship guys are out of their league here. Maybe make it Legolas, Aragorn and the Witch King? :-)

Deadline

TOAST!!!

You might search D&D itself for other worthy characters. Outside obvious rapestomps like Elminster, there might be some good opponents.

I heard about that guys he's supposed to be some hardcore archwizard

Juntai
TOAST!!!

I heard about that guys he's supposed to be some hardcore archwizard Elminster has been max level of every class, even was Drow Priestess for a while. Yes, priestess. He's was the chosen of Mystra/

Although pretty retired now, and lost much of his power when Mystra died, he's probably the greatest adventurer to ever live.

Juntai
Not necessarily. Up to Ghost King, there were still some characters in Faerun who would literally pwn Drizzt. Grandmaster Kane took down Artemis (who was a match for Drizzt swordsmanship-wise) with ease. Kane also ad companions who were a match to him (other than that clumsy ranger). Dunno how much better Drizzt got after Ghost King but up to that point, he was good, but not the very best.

But yeah, the fellowship guys are out of their league here. Maybe make it Legolas, Aragorn and the Witch King? :-) By this time Artemis was no match for Drizzt in a straight up contest, he had aged and relied on other things to slant fights in his favor and still tended to draw or lose. That was his motivation to go get the artifact sword and glove in the first place, he was getting older and slowing down and Drizzt would still live for another 800 years or something.

Dum Dum Dugan
I'm trying to think of the fantasy series that I read. It's hard entering a vs. mindset for them.

I read a lot of Terry Brooks. Allanon would run a train on this whole fight. Most of his other characters get slaughtered though. Even the magic users are generally either scared kids or they lack a ton of great feats.

I began the DL stuff. Never got through it though...it didn't hook me like Drizzt and a few other authors. Let's see. Martin? No. Rothfuss? No. You could go to the dark side and pit them against Harry Potter characters. wink

same.

i see, I havent read his books if memory serves me.

hahahahaah that be funny. I personally think they run house on harry potter lol. Do you think dragon lance could contend if we gave them greater numbers?

yea there could be, good idea. How about the Thunder cats or ninja turtles?

Dum Dum Dugan

But yeah, the fellowship guys are out of their league here. Maybe make it Legolas, Aragorn and the Witch King? :-)
never thought about the witch king, thats a good idea.

Juntai

You might search D&D itself for other worthy characters. Outside obvious rapestomps like Elminster, there might be some good opponents. <3 Kvothe.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Juntai
By this time Artemis was no match for Drizzt in a straight up contest, he had aged and relied on other things to slant fights in his favor and still tended to draw or lose. That was his motivation to go get the artifact sword and glove in the first place, he was getting older and slowing down and Drizzt would still live for another 800 years or something.

Hasn't Entreri stopped aging after he absorbed that shade's life force? He's pretty much half undead now isn't he? At his prime Entreri was easily a match for Drizzt. Actually, he wanted the glove and sword because of his fear of Jarlaxle's lieutenants (who he knew didn't like him) one of whom was a mage and the other was a psionic. Had nothing to do with age.

rotiart
Elminster has been max level of every class, even was Drow Priestess for a while. Yes, priestess. He's was the chosen of Mystra/

Although pretty retired now, and lost much of his power when Mystra died, he's probably the greatest adventurer to ever live.

You know other then khelban black staff I was never too much a fan of the chosen of mystra. It was a bit disgusting the level of power they held.. And yet when you look to other greater deities like Tyr, Tempus, Bane... They didn't really dole out the power like mystra did... Although that could be because she commanded the entire weave and all of magic was hers to command...

Take for example the Simbul. By herself she holds back the entire Thay nation... A nation of mages by herself... That's obscene power.

srankmissingnin
Hasn't Entreri stopped aging after he absorbed that shade's life force? He's pretty much half undead now isn't he? At his prime Entreri was easily a match for Drizzt. Actually, he wanted the glove and sword because of his fear of Jarlaxle's lieutenants (who he knew didn't like him) one of whom was a mage and the other was a psionic. Had nothing to do with age.

Yes. He is one of the main characters in the most recent books which take place about a hundred years in the future IIRC. The next book is called Charon's Claw, so he should focus pretty heavily in that as well.

Existere
<3 Kvothe. thumb up

srankmissingnin
I can't read anything told in the first person narrative... embarrasment

Digi
Have you read Name of the Wind? It will change your mind. I don't even recommend books to people, I realize how annoying it can be. But for fantasy fans, I do recommend Rothfuss. It's been my lone exception to the book-recommend rule.

srankmissingnin
I've tried, that's how recognized Kvothe appears in books told in first person narrative. I just can't get into it for some reason, first person narrative really erks me. David Gemmell is one of my favourite authors and I can't even finish Morningstar because its his one book told in first person narrative. embarrasment

dmills

They've consolidated a lot of material in a series of trades, so there's that option available to you

dmills
Have you read Name of the Wind? It will change your mind. I don't even recommend books to people, I realize how annoying it can be. But for fantasy fans, I do recommend Rothfuss. It's been my lone exception to the book-recommend rule.

Great book. Haven't gotten around to The wise man's fear yet (took forever to release it) but I will when I get time.

Digi
I think he may have written himself into a corner in Book 2, and it's not quite as excellent as "Name," but it was still excellently crafted.

Existere
Originally posted by dmills
Great book. Haven't gotten around to The wise man's fear yet (took forever to release it) but I will when I get time. I'm in the same boat. I'm actually in the hospital right now with a set of injuries that are going to derail the rest of my studies for the semester, so I'm brainstorming ways to keep busy: re-reading Name and then following up with Wise are at the top of my list.

Juntai
Originally posted by Existere
I'm in the same boat. I'm actually in the hospital right now with a set of injuries that are going to derail the rest of my studies for the semester, so I'm brainstorming ways to keep busy: re-reading Name and then following up with Wise are at the top of my list. I've read each of them a dozen times, lol. They're worth reading back to back once or twice at least, because Rothfuss leaves a lot of subtle stuff in the story..

Juntai
I think he may have written himself into a corner in Book 2, and it's not quite as excellent as "Name," but it was still excellently crafted. Really? I liked it better than NotW. And that says -a lot-, Name was one of the best fantasy books ever written, imo.

Uriel005
Aragorn summons army of the damned... game.

horse

rotiart
Originally posted by Uriel005
Aragorn summons army of the damned... game.

horse

That... Is fairly legit.
Assuming that's allowed I would have never thought about that...
But it would have required prep...
And ignorance of the third movie where the undead had already repaid their debt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.