Mage Hawke vs The Spirit Monk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Hawke is the protagonist from Dragon Age 2. In this thread s/he is a Mage class. If its not stupidly broken then I'll give him/her every spell in the game to play with as well as all the feats for a Mage (aka Bigby's Giant Fvckoff Demon Hands).

http://www.infiction.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/wallpaper-02-hawke-1600x1200-600x300.jpg

The Spirit Monk is the protagonist from Jade Empire. In this thread s/he will get all the fighting styles and feats from the game. But I think it might be good to take out Marabelle, since having a gun seems a tad unfair.

http://images.fanpop.com/images/image_uploads/Furious-Ming-jade-empire-605843_800_600.jpg

If anything too game breaking comes up I will purge it. :3

jalek moye
How far away do they start from each other?

Nephthys
Hmm, good question.

About 30 meters? I don't want the Monk to be able to just turn on Focus, run up and punch Hawkes face in before s/he can do anything.

jalek moye
I think Spirit monk unless mage hawk had some some good melee shield spells (dont remember)

I see Spirit monk dodging the shit out of offensive spells as well as having chi based magic resistance thats should be strong enough t stave off status effects for him to get close, with his super speed. Once he's close he'll rip Hawk apart unless he has some good shields.

Nice thread btw, would have never thought to pit these two games chars against each other

Nephthys
Checking the DA2 spell-list the Mage gets quite a few protective spells. Rock Armor, Barrier, Arcane Shield, Glyph of Repulsion, Telekinetic Burst, theres a lot of survivability here.

I agree that if the Monk gets close Hawke gets butt****ed. He could just turn into a Golem and step on him/her really. Though Hawke has Gravitic Ring to counter the Monks speed if s/he needs to. If s/he can use it in time that is.

Thanks. I was thinking about what would happen if all the Bioware protagonists fought (Revan, Shepard, Warden, Hawke, Spirit Monk, Bhaalspawn, Hero of Neverwinter), and how completely awesome that would be. Of course the rules don't allow that so I picked the two I thought would be the closest fight. I was thinking Shep would be hard to take down by the others just because guns>>>>.

jalek moye
How is their magic portrayed again? I know for like fireballs they just do it, but like the forcefields, and status changers. Are any of those every shown outside of combat or talked about?

Nephthys
I don't think so. We'll just have to go with the spell discriptions I suppose.

jalek moye
Been a while since I played Jade Empire, i the character gets magic resistance as they level. But are their any forms that make them immune to it, like some of the enemies are immune to physical?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.