Aquaman vs Savage Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Batman-Prime
The fight takes place in the Atlantic Ocean. Aquaman can use his abilities to summon help. He can summon only marine life forms that appeared in an DC comic.

1. He has only his Trident
2. The Trident and the Water Hand
3. Trident and full Battle Armor (OWAW)

psycho gundam
this is actually a decent thread, too bad it will go to shit soon.

-Pr-
He can summon anything he's ever summoned? Really?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by psycho gundam
this is actually a decent thread, too bad it will go to shit soon.

Thank you smile. And I'm just curious. ^^

Originally posted by -Pr-
He can summon anything he's ever summoned? Really?

If it's native to earth, then yes. Though if you dig out something uber-powerful that is beyond Trans, then no... I don't trust you PR stick out tongue.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Thank you smile. And I'm just curious. ^^

If it's native to earth, then yes. Though if you dig out something uber-powerful that is beyond Trans, then no... I don't trust you PR stick out tongue.

laughing out loud

carver9
Good fight and it will be extremely hard for Hulk to win. Extremely hard.

psycho gundam
^ savage hulk has telepathy resistance feats against xemnu the titan//hulk and he adapted the ability to breathe liquid water

carver9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
^ savage hulk has telepathy resistance feats against xemnu the titan//hulk and he adapted the ability to breathe liquid water

I know this...that's not why it will be difficult. Hulk would have to worry about all the stuff that Aquaman will be throwing at him along with Aquamam attacking him as well. THEN, this is Aquaman turf...Hulk will be hard pressed at even tagging him since Hulk isn't the perfect swimmer.

-Pr-
1. Hulk
2. Aquaman
3. Not sure, but leaning towards Hulk.

lol @ Carver trying to be reasonable in a thread he knows I'll post in. biscuits

carver9
1. Hulk
2. Aquaman
3. Not sure, but leaning towards Hulk.

lol @ Carver trying to be reasonable in a thread he knows I'll post in. biscuits

laughing out loud I'm always reasonable.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
laughing out loud I'm always reasonable.

Reasonably trollish, maybe.

carver9
Reasonably trollish, maybe.

Wow.

-Pr-
Anyways...

Aquaman can and will put up a fight, but in the end I just see Hulk being too tough to put down. His durability should help him stay in the fight for a period, though.

carver9
I can see Aquaman fatiguing Hulk to the point of turning back to Banner. It depends on how Aquaman fights. If Aquaman plays his card right, he could win a healthy majority, if he tries to fight Hulk f2f, he loses the majority.

Put this battle on land, it would be something completely different.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9
I can see Aquaman fatiguing Hulk to the point of turning back to Banner. It depends on how Aquaman fights. If Aquaman plays his card right, he could win a healthy majority, if he tries to fight Hulk f2f, he loses the majority.

Put this battle on land, it would be something completely different.

Well, Aquaman can't summon anything on land, so yes, it would.

Badabing
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
The fight takes place in the Atlantic Ocean. Aquaman can use his abilities to summon help. He can summon only marine life forms that appeared in an DC comic.

1. He has only his Trident
2. The Trident and the Water Hand
3. Trident and full Battle Armor (OWAW) I would have laughed at the trident and then dured you for making this thread before I read the latest JLA. But that trident is no joke.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
I would have laughed at the trident and then dured you for making this thread before I read the latest JLA. But that trident is no joke.

the trident originally belonged to Poseidon.

JakeTheBank
Can't Aquaman summon Elder Gods?

Badabing
the trident originally belonged to Poseidon. No, Namor loaned it to Aquaman so he'd be less sucktacular. biscuits

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Can't Aquaman summon Elder Gods?

Depends; he has telepathically overpowered them before.

No, Namor loaned it to Aquaman so he'd be less sucktacular. biscuits

Yeah, because Namor has been able to sustain a monthly solo comic book for most of his existence.

Oh, wait...

comicfan11
I don't see Hulk's durability as the problem.
It's his nearly instant regeneration that is the problem.

Having said that AQ could take all 3 scenarios but I can't see Hulk taking out 2nd scenario Aquaman.

Now in the first scenario Hulk has the more chances. It could go either way but if AQ plays his summoning power clever and swarms Hulk with Krakens, Devilfishes and the like while he keeps stabbing and cutting a to slow to react Hulk I think he could pull a KO.

Second scenario is all Aquaman IMO. The Water Hand has some crazy feats and all of the above tactics can also be applied.

Third scenario is like the first one although the armor gives a further edge to AQ.

Plus people forget that if Hulk can breathe underwater, he is pretty much done for due to one of AQ's more vicious battle tactics...
In the 6th AQ series (before the Sword of Atlantis stuff) a supervillain named the Eel actually had AQ one the ropes until he did a very simple thing. He ordered all of the microscopic organisms inside the Eel to f@ck him up. And thus the villain was done for, going down in extreme pain and agony.

So with all of the above being said I give AQ a small edge on the 1st battle, a big edge on the 2nd battle, and a moderate edge on the 3rd.

Just my opinions.

Badabing
Depends; he has telepathically overpowered them before.

Yeah, because Namor has been able to sustain a monthly solo comic book for most of his existence.

Oh, wait... Yeah, because Aquaman's solo titles always last into the 100's. dur

-Pr-
Yeah, because Aquaman's solo titles always last into the 100's. dur

Who says they have to? Most of his series have had over fifty consecutive issues.

But you're on thin ice, and with your top-heavy frame, i'd be careful where you step. sneer

Badabing
Who says they have to? Most of his series have had over fifty consecutive issues.

But you're on thin ice, and with your top-heavy frame, i'd be careful where you step. sneer What did I do? innocent

biscuits

-Pr-
What did I do? innocent

biscuits

This time?

Batman-Prime
I would have laughed at the trident and then dured you for making this thread before I read the latest JLA. But that trident is no joke.

Dur me? uhuh.... reported for being italian = trolling.... biscuits

Originally posted by comicfan11
I don't see Hulk's durability as the problem.
It's his nearly instant regeneration that is the problem.

Having said that AQ could take all 3 scenarios but I can't see Hulk taking out 2nd scenario Aquaman.

Now in the first scenario Hulk has the more chances. It could go either way but if AQ plays his summoning power clever and swarms Hulk with Krakens, Devilfishes and the like while he keeps stabbing and cutting a to slow to react Hulk I think he could pull a KO.

Second scenario is all Aquaman IMO. The Water Hand has some crazy feats and all of the above tactics can also be applied.

Third scenario is like the first one although the armor gives a further edge to AQ.

Plus people forget that if Hulk can breathe underwater, he is pretty much done for due to one of AQ's more vicious battle tactics...
In the 6th AQ series (before the Sword of Atlantis stuff) a supervillain named the Eel actually had AQ one the ropes until he did a very simple thing. He ordered all of the microscopic organisms inside the Eel to f@ck him up. And thus the villain was done for, going down in extreme pain and agony.

So with all of the above being said I give AQ a small edge on the 1st battle, a big edge on the 2nd battle, and a moderate edge on the 3rd.

Just my opinions.

I think that's a great summary. I wonder if the Water Hand could dehydrate Hulk and kil or ko him, or if his healing factor is stronger.^^

Do you think the Hulk could split the ocean with a scream or Thunderclap, like Supes did in OWAW? Just to get some air and maybe a chance to strike?^^

comicfan11
Thx

I think that it's very likely Hulk would do a thunderclap in a situation like this. It's one oh his most consistent uses of power, like Supes has the ice breath.
And it would certainly give him some room to breath (either literaly or metaphoricaly), but other than that it wouldn't do much to actualy damage Aquaman IMO. He has withstood much more powerful energy or projectile attacks.

As for the dehydration thing it could work, or if AQ got close he could just use the trick where the waterhand removed something form inside anothers characters brain. Instead in this case he would just try to mess Hulk's brain.

And in this fight I didn't ever consider AQ just mindraping Hulk, because his TP resistance seems to vary depending on the witer or the storyline, though it seems more than possible that AQ could do it, maybe long enough for an easy KO (and AQ has resorted to this tactic as a first choice attack before, like the Manimals saga in the first JL volume)

Stoic
Removing the Hulk's ability to think would be a very bad idea, as the mechanism to control his anger would go off the charts making him possibly mindless. This is not something that AM wants to do.

I just read an antiquated comic that the Hulk fought against Namor in the depths of the ocean, and the thunder clap worked against him, so it would certainly work against AM. Namor is also arguably stronger, and more durable than AM, therefore the thunder clap would arguably be more devastating to AM, and could possibly KO AM if the force were great enough.

I have yet to see the Hulk being dehydrated, I don't even know how feasible it would be to dehydrate him while he was in a body of water, not to mention his healing factor being used to counter the process, in a pace for pace manner.

The Hulk has resisted some pretty powerful psi talents so I'm not sure that this would be a sure bet for AM.

comicfan11
I didn't mean AQ shutting down Hulk's ability to think.
I meant AQ just shutting his brain down, imobilizing him.

Furthermore it's highly debatable the physical edge Namor has to AQ.
I'd argue a point black shot from the continent sized Starro in Morisson's JLA, that insta KOed Orion IN SPACE yet left AQ just fazed, is way more powerful than a thunderclap.
Or the feat in JLA A Midsummers Nightmare where he was the only member of the Big 7 to tank the pressure attack by the main villain, and actually move to tag him.

I'm not saying AQ quite is on Superman's or Hulk's level but he most certainly can hang with them if only for a little, especialy in his home turf.

Just for reference AQ's recent feats in JL and his own series plus the fact that in Flashpoint he had WW nearly beaten in a one on one fight on the surface in issue 4 (before Captain Thunder interupted them) show a level of physical abilities that many fans don't even know or fail to acknowledge because they are just stuck up ignorant haters.

So no I still think Hulk is a huge threat for AQ, but in no way a single thunderclap would KO him.

JayDaDon
Isn't the thunderclap a lot more powerful underwater?

Stoic
That's the crazy thing about the Hulk. Shutting off his brain in any way shape or form, would leave you with a mindless beast running around that would be far worse than the Sav Hulk. Namor has taken it to the Sentry. He was being pushed back, and if the Sentry were to KO him, it appeared to be a long time in coming.

Not arguing your other very valid points, but Sav. Hulk has done some pretty out of the laws of physics things. He resisted forces capable of moving reality or some mess. I can see AM winning, but I see Sav. Hulk winning far more.

comicfan11
Originally posted by JayDaDon

I believe it is.
I just don't believe it's still strong enough to KO AQ.
Resisting pressure,force and energy attacks are AQ's game.
Plus I believe Hulk would be more distracted with AQ than for example with Namor, because of AQ's summons and his greater speed than Namor.

comicfan11
Originally posted by Stoic
That's the crazy thing about the Hulk. Shutting off his brain in any way shape or form, would leave you with a mindless beast running around that would be far worse than the Sav Hulk. Namor has taken it to the Sentry. He was being pushed back, and if the Sentry were to KO him, it appeared to be a long time in coming.

Not arguing your other very valid points, but Sav. Hulk has done some pretty out of the laws of physics things. He resisted forces capable of moving reality or some mess. I can see AM winning, but I see Sav. Hulk winning far more.

I agrre with everything you say.
The problem with Hulk is that he has varied greatly with his depictions.
What I mean is that it will depend on how long would it take for AQ to take down Hulk. He gets stronger the angrier he gets.
Hulk can reach a level where he can physically chalenge nearly everyone.
So I think that the result of the fight would mainly depend on duration.

Having acknowledged that, I still think AQ woud have the advantage, because he doesn't waste time in fights due to his warrior training and would try to end the fight early. Of course if the fight draws on Hulk can reach insane levels where he would be impossible to beat.

Another thing not mentioned is that AQ's trident is magical, though it remains to be seen what it's exact powers are. But if it's anything like it was PreDCnU then that's another advantage for AQ. The same Trident destroyed an Imperiex Probe, so I thing it would be quite dangerous to Hulk.

guy222
hulk

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by JayDaDon

Yes.

There's a scan explicitly stating as much, as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.