So I was watching Terminator 2...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
And I realised if they had actually stopped Judgement day then John Connor wouldn't exist. Kyle Reese was sent back in time to prevent Sarah from being killed by a terminator, if they'd stopped Judgement day then Kyle never would have gone back in time and John wouldn't have been born. Am I right or have I watched too much back to the future?

the ninjak
No. Judgement Day changes it's date constantly based upon the manipulations of the time travelling manipulators.

Skynet's warriors will bring it closer. The resistence push it later in time. The technology of the machines are greatly altered each time as well. Sometimes dumber sometimes smarter and more efficient.

Regardless Skynet or whatever name it goes by is an AI that will be born and evolve through the internet and will eventually take hold of militaristic machinary and their factories and revolt against their fathers. As is their inheritance by nature and destiny.

John Connor is a constant whose life based on severe paranoia will always strive to accomplish his mission but even if he or his mother or father is killed one will always take his place. Even if he is killed someone will send someone back to save him and alter time again. John Connor just represents man's potential and struggle against adversity.

But one thing is certain, Judgement Day is inevitable.

Patient_Leech
Time travel in movies gets on my nerves. I've pretty much given up on trying to make sense of stuff like this. Sorry, wish I could help ya out, though.

jinXed by JaNx
It was important to prevent judgement day, yeah but that was never the t-800's goal. That was simply a goal of present day Conner. John conner from the future never actually intended to prevent Judgement day as a primary objective but rather prevent Skynet from erasing the Conners. John Conner would have been born either way because Reese prevented skynet from killing Sarah.

the ninjak
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
It was important to prevent judgement day, yeah but that was never the t-800's goal. That was simply a goal of present day Conner. John conner from the future never actually intended to prevent Judgement day as a primary objective but rather prevent Skynet from erasing the Conners. John Conner would have been born either way because Reese prevented skynet from killing Sarah.

John can still be killed any day of the week. And even if he is killed he can still be saved. That's the whole point.

Time travelling killers can kill at any time as long as the future keeps being changed.

Different fathers. Different lifestyles. Different skills/

This is what Terminator III should have been. John as a Nerdy Kid. A Tech Mech Grunt. A drug addled douchbag. All different versions fighting varied threats instead of one solidified John simply taking on the next threat.

steverules_2
To be honest my opening post should've said 'Ignore T3/4.' Cause there whole litttle 'Judgement day was gonna happen anyways, sorry,' thing was bullshit, they coulda easily said that they found the T-800's arm at the end of T2

roughrider
Originally posted by steverules_2
And I realised if they had actually stopped Judgement day then John Connor wouldn't exist. Kyle Reese was sent back in time to prevent Sarah from being killed by a terminator, if they'd stopped Judgement day then Kyle never would have gone back in time and John wouldn't have been born. Am I right or have I watched too much back to the future?

All they did was create an alternate timeline where Skynet didn't rise up. John Connor doesn't automatically get erased from history. Whenever this happens in Marvel Comics, that timeline just becomes knows as an alternate Earth with it's own number classification. It's one of the great misunderstandings of time travel in science fiction; you don't change the future as you just make an alternate one. Unless you believe in the theory of predestination.

steverules_2
But they stopped Judgement day, it was prevented until T3 came a long. So there was no reason for Kyle to go back in time and he would never have been able get Sarah pregnant. I can see a lot of confusion coming from this cause I'm starting to see a reason why John wouldn't dissapear cause he woulda needed to have been there for the T-800 to come back and destroy the skynet technology and data.

rudester
AS hot as it gets...think thats what its called with marilyn monroe

Kazenji
^ And totally off topic.......

rudester
Originally posted by rudester
AS hot as it gets...think thats what its called with marilyn monroe

lol how the hell did my comment get in here...where their ghost?? I remember typing this but not in this forum...lol

rudester
Anyways they explained it in a quantum leap episode, if you disturb the original time line, then new time lines get created over the original and its like it never happend, sorta like it a parallel timeline

steverules_2
BTTF said the opposite

Patient_Leech
Is your name steve RULES in that you are a ruler, king, leader? Or is it that you have your own rules, laws, regulations? pokey

steverules_2
I called my self steverules because my friend Will was called willrules so I took rules and added on to my name. The under _2 is cause my original account got hacked and so I made a new one. As for what the rules means it means, it's for both of what you stated

Patient_Leech
Okay. Next question: boobs? Well, i guess that's not really question. I can't really formulate a question out of it, 'cause I just keep thinking "boobs." Booooooobs... droolio

I like how the face doesn't matter, lol... bag

steverules_2
Well there was no face...lets face it though even if there was we wouldn't be looking at it. Some people don't like my av.

Patient_Leech
Some people don't like my av.

I'm disgusted, disturbed, appalled, annoyed, disgruntled, and offended. *goes to whack off*

steverules_2
Usually what I do when I feel those kind of emotions

roughrider
But they stopped Judgement day, it was prevented until T3 came a long. So there was no reason for Kyle to go back in time and he would never have been able get Sarah pregnant. I can see a lot of confusion coming from this cause I'm starting to see a reason why John wouldn't dissapear cause he woulda needed to have been there for the T-800 to come back and destroy the skynet technology and data.

After a decade of trying to get James Cameron to make another Terminator film - with him continuously stating "The story's over, far as I'm concerned" - they went ahead and created their own logic to bring back the threat of Skynet, and make more money. It's that's simple, and cynical.

the ninjak
So many James Cameron worlds have been raped by FOX.

Terminator. Aliens. Dark Angel.

FOX can burn in their golden hell.

But Terminator in particular should've been left at 2. It was the greedy pricks that demanded another.
Their new Arnie Terminator's feats alone was alone was enough to spit in the face of canon. Let alone the TX. It took the grit out of the series.

Is nothing sacred?

Patient_Leech
That is the way of the industry... like it or not. I like Rise of the Machines, personally (silly, though it is). It's fun. Salvation was an abomination, though. sick

stacywilliams
this is really irritating i don't know what moderators are looking for..this boob guy should be banned...and they must check in future that pictures like these should not be uploaded...

Patient_Leech
Yeah, this BOOB guy is a real JERK, too... stick out tongue

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak
So many James Cameron worlds have been raped by FOX.

Terminator. Aliens. Dark Angel.

FOX can burn in their golden hell.

Well James did want to do T3 but nooooooooo they didn't want to give him the budget that he wanted for it.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well James did want to do T3 but nooooooooo they didn't want to give him the budget that he wanted for it.

Did you know that after Cameron gave FOX such hits like Aliens, Terminator and the box office SMASH Titanic. He wanted to make Dark Angel his TV baby. His true attempt at Television set in a cool realistic cyberpunk world. The first season was amazing. But when he arrived on set for Day One of the second season the douchbags in charge rewrote the scripts to make it more like the more popular Buffy.

James screamed "what the heck is this" you can't do this. And their response was "well if you don't like it leave, we're taking over this." He left to do his own hobbies and the second season was terrible.

They did the same thing to Wheadon on Firefly even though he supplied them with a cult TV series. Devils the lot of em. I'm ashamed the company is owned by an Aussie. though I doubt he had anything to with it.

roughrider
Originally posted by the ninjak
Did you know that after Cameron gave FOX such hits like Aliens, Terminator and the box office SMASH Titanic. He wanted to make Dark Angel his TV baby. His true attempt at Television set in a cool realistic cyberpunk world. The first season was amazing. But when he arrived on set for Day One of the second season the douchbags in charge rewrote the scripts to make it more like the more popular Buffy.

James screamed "what the heck is this" you can't do this. And their response was "well if you don't like it leave, we're taking over this." He left to do his own hobbies and the second season was terrible.

They did the same thing to Wheadon on Firefly even though he supplied them with a cult TV series. Devils the lot of em. I'm ashamed the company is owned by an Aussie. though I doubt he had anything to with it.

Well, that didn't stop him working with Fox again with Avatar.

And Fox has never had anything to do with the Terminator film series. Blame others who got the rights, and Ahnold for wanting one last big payday before running for governor (Even if he did have Cameron's blessing to go and do it without him...)

the ninjak
Originally posted by roughrider
Well, that didn't stop him working with Fox again with Avatar.

And Fox has never had anything to do with the Terminator film series. Blame others who got the rights, and Ahnold for wanting one last big payday before running for governor (Even if he did have Cameron's blessing to go and do it without him...)

Yeah. Moneys Money.

swill388
What are you trying to say directly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.