Did Vader ever truly want to kill Luke?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Vader had to 2 chances to kill Luke, but he chose not to. In ESB he tried to talk Luke into turning. Luke was just a mere apprentice and Vader could have killed him easily. In RoTJ, Vader could have let Palpatine fry his son to death, but again chose to keep Luke alive by killing Palpatine. Any thoughts?

Lord Lucien
How do you seriously not know by now?

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Vader had to 2 chances to kill Luke, but he chose not to. In ESB he tried to talk Luke into turning. Luke was just a mere apprentice and Vader could have killed him easily. In RoTJ, Vader could have let Palpatine fry his son to death, but again chose to keep Luke alive by killing Palpatine. Any thoughts?
No, I'd have said defanity not. I'd have said he loved Luke actually, partly the reason why he wanted his own son on his side. Together they'd defeate the emperor & ruel the gallexy as father & son. Maybe he felt like he had to if Luke didn't join, but he didn't want to.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Darth Truculent

Slash_KMC
Nah man, what are you talking about. Vader wanted to kill Luke both times. He just accidently didn't kill him twice. Kinda clumsy of him charging at Luke on the Death Star and accidently grabbing Sidious and accidently throwing him by accident, accidently.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Nah man, what are you talking about. Vader wanted to kill Luke both times. He just accidently didn't kill him twice. Kinda clumsy of him charging at Luke on the Death Star and accidently grabbing Sidious and accidently throwing him by accident, accidently.
Is that sarcasim?

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by C-3POTheClever
Is that sarcasim?

Theres no I in sarcasm..

And yeah he's dead serious..

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Theres no I in sarcasm..

And yeah he's dead serious.. Really? How can you possibly say it was accidental?

Lord Lucien
Really? How can you possibly say it was accidental? Swing and a miss.

NTJack0
Are you seriously asking this?

Arhael
Really? How can you possibly say it was accidental?
Didn't you know that Palpatine, when grabbed by Vader, was, also, throwing Force lightning accidentally because he had to swing his arms to gain some balance? rolling on floor laughing

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Arhael
Didn't you know that Palpatine, when grabbed by Vader, was, also, throwing Force lightning accidentally because he had to swing his arms to gain some balance? rolling on floor laughing I wasn't talking about Palpatine! I was talking about Vader. How can u say that it eas accidental tjat he picked Palps up & tossed him down shadt?

Lord Lucien
I wasn't talking about Palpatine! I was talking about Vader. How can u say that it eas accidental tjat he picked Palps up & tossed him down shadt? You're either very thick or very ignorant of sarcasm.

C-3POTheClever
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
You're either very thick or very ignorant of sarcasm. I asked if it was sarcasm & he said no. BTW, I'm autistic so I often take people literally.

Lord Lucien
I asked if it was sarcasm & he said no. BTW, I'm autistic so I often take people literally. How empathetic are you?

C-3POTheClever
How empathetic are you? I got 12. Have u done it? What did u get?

Lord Lucien
15. The hell is wrong with cutting up a worm? Frogs in science in class is fine, but Goddammit don't touch those worms.

Darth Truculent
I was half asleep when I typed this . . . sorry - also New Found Glory's "My friends over you" puts you in a weird mood.

Lord Lucien
Are you a song peddler?

C-3POTheClever
15. The hell is wrong with cutting up a worm? Frogs in science in class is fine, but Goddammit don't touch those worms.
Yeah, I agree that's kinda silly. Cutting up a frog actually kills it too, as cutting up a worm, it'll just go into 2 live worms.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.