Mr. Fantastic vs Lady Shiva and Cassandra Cain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Glorificus
No gear, gadgets, or weapons. Straight up hand-to-hand only.

How does Reed fare against these two martial artists?

rotiart
How exactly do they hurt reed?
Off hand reed has shown off his ability to go "hulk like"
I mean Reed should be able to step all over them without any gear?

Cogito
Team has absolutely no chance.

Glorificus
Pressure points and body reading + near bullet-time reflexes for the two should give them ample opportunities to test out strikes against him and dodge incoming strikes no?

rotiart
Originally posted by Glorificus
Pressure points and body reading + near bullet-time reflexes for the two should give them ample opportunities to test out strikes against him and dodge incoming strikes no?

Do pressu points work against Reed? I was under the impression it pin someone of even Karnak level and even then I'm not sure.

Glorificus
Originally posted by rotiart
Do pressu points work against Reed? I was under the impression it pin someone of even Karnak level and even then I'm not sure.

I wasn't sure either, but unless Reed curls up into a ball, then the two are at least fast enough to run circles around him and test out what works and what doesn't, I would think.

JayDaDon
Or reed could just suffocate them...

Strange thread. The team really has no chance here.

rotiart
Originally posted by Glorificus
I wasn't sure either, but unless Reed curls up into a ball, then the two are at least fast enough to run circles around him and test out what works and what doesn't, I would think.

And Reed could stretch his hand out to the size of a pick up to give no space for them to dodge to?

Heck I'd see spiderman with his level of strength having a difficult time with Reed, much less people at peak human level.

Q99
I think Cassandra could learn what Reed's most vulnerable point is by watching him, his core, as he did learn to read the shifter Gemini as well.

.... however, I don't think they can do anything about it. His rubbery form'll just shrug whatever.

cdtm
So what's Reed's general durability level?

From what I've seen of his shapeshifting, he's no Plastic Man.. More akin to Shadow Thief, and Cass was treating her fight with him like an exercise. No trouble at all reading his body, despite it's unconventional shapes.

cdtm
Originally posted by rotiart
And Reed could stretch his hand out to the size of a pick up to give no space for them to dodge to?

Heck I'd see spiderman with his level of strength having a difficult time with Reed, much less people at peak human level.

I'm not sure..

If Reeds perception and reaction time are > Spidey or Cass. They might be able to just sprint to him before he gets a chance to change his shape in that way.

There's been stories where Cass even had the blur trail being her of a super speedster, knocking bad guys off their feet as she plowed through them.

zopzop
Reed should destroy them in his sleep. What the hell are "pressure point" strikes gonna do to a guy whose body withstood this :
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kxF371gMSro/THckHw0pWoI/AAAAAAAAOXM/QohTXJ-JiRI/s1600/ff5.JPG

Wolverine was not holding back that issue either. That was the arc where he ripped Thing's face up with his claws.

Placidity
Originally posted by zopzop
Reed should destroy them in his sleep. What the hell are "pressure point" strikes gonna do to a guy whose body withstood this :
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kxF371gMSro/THckHw0pWoI/AAAAAAAAOXM/QohTXJ-JiRI/s1600/ff5.JPG

Er, some context would be nice. Wolverine was trying to get with Reed, thats what he meant be "penetrate".

Bouboumaster
It takes Hulk to physically beat Reed.

They are fast, that's great, but can they dodge Reed?

complexbrother
the team grts horribly destroyed.

Silent Master
This is a stomp, team has zero chance.

Naija boy
Reed wrecks them

Q99
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
It takes Hulk to physically beat Reed.

They are fast, that's great, but can they dodge Reed?

Unless his attacks get too big to dodge, yes.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Q99
Unless his attacks get too big to dodge, yes.

Since he's probably the most intelligent man in comics, do you think he'll try to catch them with only his hands, knowing that he can stretch for multiple square feet?

zopzop
........ do you think he'll try to catch them with only his head, knowing that he can stretch for multiple square feet?

Jesus, he's an animal! smile

Q99
Since he's probably the most intelligent man in comics, do you think he'll try to catch them with only his hands, knowing that he can stretch for multiple square feet?

At first he'll probably not stretch quite enough, but yea, he'll rapidly figure out the problem and just fill the space and win.

Tony Stark
Reed can be a beast FF 200 for example... One of my all-time favorite fights

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.