Ironman vs Dante

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
All fts of Dante are available...including from his shows.

Stoic
Dante

rotiart
Dante? From devil may cry?

carver9
Yes.

Prep-Man
Any Dante feats?

the ninjak
Does Ironman get all of his feats?

BlackZero30x
dante would win this in a stomp.........

the ninjak
Ironman has teleportation feats. Plus Inertial Dampeners that have taken a nuke in the Ultimate series.
Spider Sense taken from his studying of Parker.
Blitz speeds shown in his Extremis and recent Bleeding Edge feats.
Strength to lift a ship in his Heroes Reborn years. Punches that wobble a Hulk.
Sonics that wobbled the Juggernaut apart and forced him to beg for mercy.
Nano Machines released into the air have taken over an entire Brood ship in Contest of Champions. Those nanos I don't even wanna get into what their potential can handle.
His armor alone has taken insane damage throughout the years.
His Repulsors have filled a whole room and blasted everybody inside in the recent Avengers issue.
An Energy Blade that cut the scalp off a Worthy. With his speed Dante better be fast enough.

I'm not aware of Dante's feats what are they?

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by the ninjak
Ironman has teleportation feats. Plus Inertial Dampeners that have taken a nuke in the Ultimate series.
Spider Sense taken from his studying of Parker.
Blitz speeds shown in his Extremis and recent Bleeding Edge feats.
Strength to lift a ship in his Heroes Reborn years. Punches that wobble a Hulk.
Sonics that wobbled the Juggernaut apart and forced him to beg for mercy.
Nano Machines released into the air have taken over an entire Brood ship in Contest of Champions. Those nanos I don't even wanna get into what their potential can handle.
His armor alone has taken insane damage throughout the years.
His Repulsors have filled a whole room and blasted everybody inside in the recent Avengers issue.
An Energy Blade that cut the scalp off a Worthy. With his speed Dante better be fast enough.

I'm not aware of Dante's feats what are they?

to start off....

Dante is NEARLY UN-killable, he has defeated mondus(virtually the devil in DMC),

his power-set includes:
Super strength, Speed, near invulnerability. his additional powers include: Time manipulation, fire and Ice control swords, electrical control with a demon guitar, Pandora box which contains 666 different weapons. With his Royal Guard stance he can block any attack with a sphere of his demon energy. his trickster fighting style allows him to teleport. his dark slayer style allows him to use yamato(it essentially is a Samaria sword that can project demon energy in slash's to cut from extreme distances). he is capable of changing stances on a dime.

his weapons the sword The Rebellion seems to be unbreakable. The guns can be charged by his demon power. and his devil trig increases all mentioned powers and weapon ability's.

Imo this isn't a fair fight and was most likely based on the Marvel vs Capcom games......

the ninjak
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
to start off....

Dante is NEARLY UN-killable, he has defeated mondus(virtually the devil in DMC),

his power-set includes:
Super strength, Speed, near invulnerability. his additional powers include: Time manipulation, fire and Ice control swords, electrical control with a demon guitar, Pandora box which contains 666 different weapons. With his Royal Guard stance he can block any attack with a sphere of his demon energy. his trickster fighting style allows him to teleport. his dark slayer style allows him to use yamato(it essentially is a Samaria sword that can project demon energy in slash's to cut from extreme distances). he is capable of changing stances on a dime.

his weapons the sword The Rebellion seems to be unbreakable. The guns can be charged by his demon power. and his devil trig increases all mentioned powers and weapon ability's.

Imo this isn't a fair fight and was most likely based on the Marvel vs Capcom games......

But as is Marvel Vs Capcom he can be KO'd.

Super strength goes how far?
Time Manip does it have a time limit and can he get through electromagnetic shields?
Speed? Ironman runs off super computers. Along with the shields.
Near Invulnerability? Energy blade that sliced a Worthy, sonics that took down Juggs. More info.
Fire and Ice control? Through the fields.
Electrical control with demon guitar is interesting can you elaborate?
Box with 666 weapons so what? sounds like a time waster.
Royal Guard stance sounds like he must be still whilst doing it. Nanos are already into the air and sonics are blasting the area awaiting him.
Trickster fighting style allowing teleport sounds like a move that allows him to slash whilst moving quickly. Can he get through shields? And can he acheive it whilst his ears are being blown apart?
Dark Slayer Style is chi long distance strikes. And Energy based by the sounds of it will they go through electromagnetic fields?

His sword is unbreakable. I don't see that mattering.

You say his feats are based on Marvel Vs Capcom games but Ironman is a character in those games therefore Ironman can beat him.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by the ninjak
But as is Marvel Vs Capcom he can be KO'd.

Super strength goes how far?
Time Manip does it have a time limit and can he get through electromagnetic shields?
Speed? Ironman runs off super computers. Along with the shields.
Near Invulnerability? Energy blade that sliced a Worthy, sonics that took down Juggs. More info.
Fire and Ice control? Through the fields.
Electrical control with demon guitar is interesting can you elaborate?
Box with 666 weapons so what? sounds like a time waster.
Royal Guard stance sounds like he must be still whilst doing it. Nanos are already into the air and sonics are blasting the area awaiting him.
Trickster fighting style allowing teleport sounds like a move that allows him to slash whilst moving quickly. Can he get through shields? And can he acheive it whilst his ears are being blown apart?
Dark Slayer Style is chi long distance strikes. And Energy based by the sounds of it will they go through electromagnetic fields?

His sword is unbreakable. I don't see that mattering.

You say his feats are based on Marvel Vs Capcom games but Ironman is a character in those games therefore Ironman can beat him.

these feats and powers are taken from all his individual games...op said any incarnation of dante. My mention of MvsC was because Im under the assumption that this fight was created due to marvel vs capcom.

his time manipulation lets say about 15 seconds or so. it slows time almost to a halt to everything and one except from himself.

His strength is "unclassed" his highest strength feat(iirc) is when he fought The Savior. At the end of the game The Savior fell forward and Dante held him up and pushed him out of the way. I added a picture of Nero standing in front of the savior to show the saviors massive size.

his near invulnerability has been shown time and time again. It's like he can be "hurt" but it doesn't hurt him(if that makes any sense). It's almost like a healing factor except once (lets say) he yanks the sword from his heart there is no wound.

It's shaped as a guitar with electricity for strings he can use it for electrical control. forming balls of electricity, shockwaves, or straight line arcs.

pandoras box has like I said 666 weapons. laser canons, a throwing glave, machine gun, rocket launchers, ect

Royal guard is a stance so standing still.

all of the rest I lump together as one simple question...."can he get past tony's shields?" my only answer is he doesn't have the feats of getting past electromagnetic fields so in this argument id almost have to submit to tony wins because he doesn't have what you would call conventional feats. Though he deals with demons and demonic energy's. he cuts through and by passes anything his world throws at him.

http://kmcgames.wikidot.com/dante

thats a site that gives info better then I can seem to lol.

EDIT: easiest thing I can say is he one ups Kratos from God Of War.

CosmicComet
This is not a stomp for anyone by any means.

Dante is possibly a lower end class 100, since he did stop Savior's fist (he did NOT push Savior out of the way), something Iron Man can match.

Dante's has good regen, but it has its limits, as he can grow tired and it does get pushed to its limits when he fights people in his strength and power tier, such as Vergil, and Iron Man is definitely within his power tier. His durability itself is not enough from keeping Iron Man from hurting him at all however.

Dante has hypersonic speed levels, but so does Iron Man with his flight speed and super computers.

QuickSilver may bring him the edge.

Ninjak, fighting game argument mechanics do not work. At all. I know you guys don't do game arguments a lot but you have to understand simple mechanics. Afterall, characters have to be beatable, for the sake of a game. Afterall, does anyone think a peak human like Mike Haggar can actually beat Galactus just because he can in the game, do you? Think.

And no he doesn't simply one up Kratos at all. Take that to Game VS forum. That fight is a huge one and always will be, and they have many counters for each other.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Afterall, does anyone think a peak human like Mike Haggar can actually beat Galactus just because he can in the game, do you?

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgysu2TR841qc8akho1_400.png

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

laughing out loud laughing out loud this would be amazing to see in a comic book.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

i knew that was coming

JakeTheBank
I'm sure Galactus did, too, being all cosmically aware and everything.

Didn't stop Haggar from unleashing hell on him. biscuits

BlackZero30x

Dante is possibly a lower end class 100, since he did stop Savior's fist (he did NOT push Savior out of the way)

ooh he most certainly did my friend. Remember when the fist came right down on top of him? he pushed it up and away...

EDIT:the entire savior moved. not just the fist.

CosmicComet
oQeiv5Rmm8w

Nope. First few seconds.

I just watched the cutscene again.

The fist came down, he blocked it, and then pushed the fist to side a bit.

It had already been depowered just before the punch landed, so it was dead-weight at that moment anyway.

Prep-Man
I'd go with Dante now.

BlackZero30x
oQeiv5Rmm8w

Nope. First few seconds.

I just watched the cutscene again.

The fist came down, he blocked it, and then pushed the fist to side a bit.

It had already been depowered just before the punch landed, so it was dead-weight at that moment anyway.

....that looks exactly as i described it. He caught it and pushed it up and out of the way. The whole savior was moved with his push to the side....id say that's out of the way.

my entire point on this topic is Dante is practically of the highest powers in his universe. He beat Mundus and Neo Anglo. If you go by the anime he beat both of his fathers "underlings" (for a lack of better words), and at the end of the series he defeated the "King of Hell". In the comics im not sure of his biggest accomplishment as I haven't read the entire series but im sure you get my point.

granted it's hard to put games vs comics as they(imo) don't ever show the same kind of consistency in feats.

as for a forum fight id be willing to submit to tony wins do to lack of feats but only due to lack of feats.

on a side note maybe I will go to the game vs game section and we can dredge this all up....Kratos Vs Dante that is. lol

Uriel005

Dante is possibly a lower end class 100, since he did stop Savior's fist (he did NOT push Savior out of the way), something Iron Man can match.

Dante's has good regen, but it has its limits, as he can grow tired and it does get pushed to its limits when he fights people in his strength and power tier, such as Vergil, and Iron Man is definitely within his power tier. His durability itself is not enough from keeping Iron Man from hurting him at all however.

Dante has hypersonic speed levels, but so does Iron Man with his flight speed and super computers.

QuickSilver may bring him the edge.

Ninjak, fighting game argument mechanics do not work. At all. I know you guys don't do game arguments a lot but you have to understand simple mechanics. Afterall, characters have to be beatable, for the sake of a game. Afterall, does anyone think a peak human like Mike Haggar can actually beat Galactus just because he can in the game, do you? Think.

And no he doesn't simply one up Kratos at all. Take that to Game VS forum. That fight is a huge one and always will be, and they have many counters for each other. you dissing Haggar... GOOD DAY SIR.

leonidas
this seemed like an interesting thread. don't know much about dante....

Endless Mike
Dante's only winning if you use his SMT version

carver9
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Dante's only winning if you use his SMT version

confused can't be serious.

Endless Mike
Completely. Dante is double digit mach speed, class 30 or so strength, with a few neat tricks, but not close to Tony's weight class.

carver9
His COMBAT speed is above Tony and his raw power is enough to damage Tony as well. His sword puts the icing on the cake. Ironman will NOT be able to keep up with Dante, at all and his sword and fighting skills would incapitate Tony.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by carver9
His COMBAT speed is above Tony and his raw power is enough to damage Tony as well. His sword puts the icing on the cake. Ironman will NOT be able to keep up with Dante, at all and his sword and fighting skills would incapitate Tony.

no expression

Dante isn't really close to Iron Man in any category... Never mind his flight.

Iron Man wins rather easily.

Endless Mike
Combat speed fallacy again, I see. Tell me when he reacts in picoseconds.

dial J for Josh
Interesting thread, without a massive amount of prep time Tony loses. Dantes solo feats outshine Tony's. He is far more technically sound combat wise, has an insane amount of power/strength, speed, agility, not to mention his ridiculous arsenal of weaponry that can be implemented into any scenario that he may be placed, which further showcases his capacity to adapt and improvise. As carver said add the icing on the cake, his sword rebellion, his father sparda's sword bestowed to him as a gift. Might I add his Uncanny durability and his ridiculous healing factor? I'm not even going to list some of the onslaughts Dante has endured and has overcome not only on a psychological aspect, but a physical one as well. This says a lot about his resiliency which is truly impressive for a vibrant, flamboyant, yet arrogant individual. Oh! and I forgot to even touch on his ability to use devil trigger, which further amplifies his attributes to it's full potential. It can even be said that dante is just as powerful as his father sparda because not only did he close the demon portal like his father did centuries ago, but he also did defeat mundos as well. I'd also like to add that Dante defeated his brother Virgil while he was in full demon mode himself (which can be dismissed because Virgil was being manipulated by mundos). These are me listing just a couple of his iconic feats out of the multitude (yes I know I am a dmc fanboy) but I digress. I am not trying to dismiss any of Tony's impressive solo feats. But i just cant see him defeating the son of sparda. As much as I love Tony, he loses here.

StyleTime
Well, you didn't actually list any feats, other than defeating Mundus/Virgil.

I only beat Devil May Cry 1 and 3, and that was a long time ago. I don't remember Dante doing anything that Iron Man can't handle though. Excluding Quicksilver, I guess.

I'd like to see some of these stomp worthy feats the Dante side is talking about though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.