Cream Of The Crop: Top tiers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
ok, lets take the top 10 top tiers from each company. I probably left out some on each side, so let me know if i did. on Dc side:

1. Superman
2. Orion
3. Wonder Woman
4. Martian Manhunter
5. Flash (wally)
6. Majestic
7. Dr. Fate
8. Captain Marvel
9. Alan Scott (Sentinel)
10. Captain Atom

or

1. Thor
2. Dr. Strange
3. Nova
4. Surfer
5. Hulk
6. Beta Ray Bill
7. Adam Warlock
8. Gladiator
9. Black bolt
10. Quasar

Which side do you feel more confident that they will get the job done? which side is more powerful?

carver9
Marvel by a long shot.

Prep-Man
laughing out loud

dmills
Looking through the respective lists, it looks like Marvel has more "money on the line" kind of guys on their roster.

Digi
Originally posted by carver9
by a long shot.

This phrase, in defense of either side, is rather naive.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by dmills Looking through the respective lists, it looks like Marvel has more "money on the line" kind of guys on their roster.

what do you mean by that?

Digi
If we take current (or most recent) versions, Alan and Cpt. Atom might be the class of this fight. In fact, at least Alan certainly is.

Too many variables to say for sure, of course. Big fights are crapshoots. I pick DC though, mainly due to Alan.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Digi If we take current (or most recent) versions, Alan and Cpt. Atom might be the class of this fight. In fact, at least Alan certainly is. Too many variables to say for sure, of course. Big fights are crapshoots. I pick DC though, mainly due to Alan.

I am using pre flashpoint. and alan scott before the huge power amp. it wouldnt be fair if we used the one that was taking on the jla. still, alan was manipulating time like nbodys bussines.

Uriel005
Swap Wally for Barry imo. Nothing against him but I've always been a Barry fan big grin

dmills
Originally posted by Prep-Man
what do you mean by that?

Alpha male, win against all odds, balls to the wall guys. Thor, Hulk, Nova, Adam Warlock etc.

DC is overall more powerful though. Probably comfortably so.

Stoic
ok, lets take the top 10 top tiers from each company. I probably left out some on each side, so let me know if i did. on Dc side:

1. Superman
2. Orion
3. Wonder Woman
4. Martian Manhunter
5. Flash (wally)
6. Majestic
7. Dr. Fate
8. Captain Marvel
9. Alan Scott (Sentinel)
10. Captain Atom

or

1. Thor
2. Dr. Strange
3. Nova
4. Surfer
5. Hulk
6. Beta Ray Bill
7. Adam Warlock
8. Gladiator
9. Black bolt
10. Quasar

Which side do you feel more confident that they will get the job done? which side is more powerful?

It really depends on the task needed to be done.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by dmills Alpha male, win against all odds, balls to the wall guys. Thor, Hulk, Nova, Adam Warlock etc. DC is overall more powerful though. Probably comfortably so.

you could say the same thing about orion, superman, majestic, and fate. right?

Badabing

1. Superman
2. Orion
3. Wonder Woman
4. Martian Manhunter
5. Flash (wally)
6. Majestic
7. Dr. Fate
8. Captain Marvel
9. Alan Scott (Sentinel)
10. Captain Atom

or

1. Thor
2. Dr. Strange
3. Nova
4. Surfer
5. Hulk
6. Beta Ray Bill
7. Adam Warlock
8. Gladiator
9. Black bolt
10. Quasar

Which side do you feel more confident that they will get the job done? which side is more powerful? Originally posted by Prep-Man
I am using pre flashpoint. Then put it in the OP next time instead of making me think I was ready to answer. sneer

Horrificus
Who can or cannot survive without air? Because I think this battle ends up in space pretty quickly.

Also, I see a certain grumpy, green guy cheering from the ground.
"Hey guys! Hey guys! Whattabout me? Don't forgetabout me! Throw somebody down here, because I'm the strongest there is!
...um, hello? Guys?!" big grin

Lot's of strength, but the real power-brokers are Fate, Scott and Atom against Surfer, Strange and Quasar. Energy/Magic wise.

Wildcards would be:
Thor and BRB, because of all the whacky stuff they can do, which is definitely not always easy to even put a label on.
And, for DC, throwing a "Flash" in the mix could cause some trouble. Not just a speedster, but an ultra-speedster with abilities that are even beyond the Runner.

TheLordofMurder
Are these lists limited to hero's only? If so, I cant think of any changes I would make, but if not, I'd make the following changes:

On the DC side, I'd substitute Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter for Henshaw and Senestro...

On the Marvel side, Nova, Quasar, and Adam Warlock would be out and I'd insert Morg, Loki, and Firelord...

After said changes, I'd pick the Marvel side to win 7/10...

abhilegend
DC.

Stoic
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Are these lists limited to hero's only? If so, I cant think of any changes I would make, but if not, I'd make the following changes:

On the DC side, I'd substitute Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter for Henshaw and Senestro...

On the Marvel side, Nova, Quasar, and Adam Warlock would be out and I'd insert Morg, Loki, and Firelord...

After said changes, I'd pick the Marvel side to win 7/10...

I'd only take out Warlock, and add Blue Marvel in his place.

Originally posted by Horrificus
Who can or cannot survive without air? Because I think this battle ends up in space pretty quickly.

Also, I see a certain grumpy, green guy cheering from the ground.
"Hey guys! Hey guys! Whattabout me? Don't forgetabout me! Throw somebody down here, because I'm the strongest there is!
...um, hello? Guys?!" big grin

Lot's of strength, but the real power-brokers are Fate, Scott and Atom against Surfer, Strange and Quasar. Energy/Magic wise.

Wildcards would be:
Thor and BRB, because of all the whacky stuff they can do, which is definitely not always easy to even put a label on.
And, for DC, throwing a "Flash" in the mix could cause some trouble. Not just a speedster, but an ultra-speedster with abilities that are even beyond the Runner.

Although they could fight in space, how often does this happen? The Flash is also pretty much landlocked as well.

Originally posted by abhilegend
DC.

Nah.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
I'd only take out Warlock, and add Blue Marvel in his place.

Although they could fight in space, how often does this happen? The Flash is also pretty much landlocked as well.

Nah.
Yes, they have the perfect combination of strength, speed, energy projection, energy manipulation, telepathy, magic among other things. Alan makes it a comfortable win for DC.

Stoic
Not if Warlock takes his soul away from him he doesn't.

Prep-Man
Warlock isn't the only top tier that could do that. And he doesn't get the Soul gem.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Badabing
Then put it in the OP next time instead of making me think I was ready to answer. sneer

I am sorry. I think it's time you ban me. And lock the key for good. sad

abhilegend
Not if Warlock takes his soul away from him he doesn't.
From who? Flash can ko warlock in a picosecond if you go by that route and no, flash can easily run on air.

Stoic
From who? Flash can ko warlock in a picosecond if you go by that route and no, flash can easily run on air.

So he can run right up into space? Warlock would take Alan's soul that's who.

Prep-Man
I'd give Sentinel odds over Adam, myself.

abhilegend
So he can run right up into space? Warlock would take Alan's soul that's who.
Before or after gl timestops or superman or majestic speedblitzes him. Flash can have a construct by gl to run in space. Who says they're in space anyway, the default rule is that they are in .5 km apart facing each other.

Prep-Man
Flash can run on air, anyway. Rage posted a few pics showing this. No big deal.

JakeTheBank
I would take out Quasar, Gladiator, and Nova, and replace them with Sentry, Genis-Vell, and Shaman X-Man.

carver9
If you can take out Glads, you should take out Superman and Wonder Woman. Glads is top tier.

leonidas
Originally posted by dmills
DC is overall more powerful though. Probably comfortably so.

thumb up

Horrificus
Flash can run on air, anyway. Rage posted a few pics showing this. No big deal. Yup.

And, in the past, haven't Flashes been shown to find a way to run in space?

I think there was an old book where Flash and Orion were traveling in space. But, I don't remember how Flash did it.

Anyway, why is everybody substituting characters?

Let's forget the "fight in space" comment and figure that all of these guys together do not end up destroying the planet. Hulk actually has a part in the fight and Flash doesn't have to figure out how to run in space.

There.

basilisk
It really depends on the task needed to be done.

Yeah. If it was saving the world or something I might tend towards DC (pre-reboot). Even though I'm more a Marvel reader for some reason I generally trust the DC team more in that situation.

If it's a straight fight, maybe a slight edge to DC. Someone like Shaman X-Man might be more useful to Marvel than Nova.

dmills
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I would take out Nova, and replace him with Sentry, Genis-Vell, and Shaman X-Man. Originally posted by basilisk
Someone like Shaman X-Man might be more useful to Marvel than Nova.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/tumblr_lpxnrhQysU1qeui7g-3.gif

Digi
I am using pre flashpoint. and alan scott before the huge power amp. it wouldnt be fair if we used the one that was taking on the jla. still, alan was manipulating time like nbodys bussines.

What huge power-up are you referring to? He's not the best in the fight due to a power-up. He's the most powerful simply because he is. Even discounting the JLA team-wrecker feat, he's the class of this fight. Because even that feat wasn't a power-up, it was just him unleashing his power like he usually doesn't. He's reached those levels a few times, even though that's the most recognizable feat at that level.

Sticking with DC. Alan would let loose and could take out 2-3 on the other side. Maybe Surfer and the hammer brothers (due to their energy soak) are the only ones that would last any length of time against him.

Horrificus
Wow. Not seeing much respect for Quasar here.

Is everybody acquainted with the things Quasar has been able to do in the past? Without cheesy amp's or writers ignoring continuity, Quasar has the ability to shutdown pretty much every character here.

Digi
Wow. Not seeing much respect for Quasar here.

Is everybody acquainted with the things Quasar has been able to do in the past? Without cheesy amp's or writers ignoring continuity, Quasar has the ability to shutdown pretty much every character here.

That's a ridiculous statement. Quasar is powerful, but no more so than a lot of others in this fight. Amusingly, Adam Warlock is something like 3-0 against Quasar lifetime, and even he's not Marvel's most powerful character (nor does Marvel have the most powerful in the fight). More recent post-resurrection Quasar is also powerful, but hasn't done anything to distinguish himself from the crowd he's currently running with (Surfer, BRB, Gladiator, etc.)

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Digi
That's a ridiculous statement. Quasar is powerful, but no more so than a lot of others in this fight. Amusingly, Adam Warlock is something like 3-0 against Quasar lifetime, and even he's not Marvel's most powerful character (nor does Marvel have the most powerful in the fight).

Thor's present. cool

Digi
Thor's present. cool

I've used Thor in something like 3 tourneys, utilizing pretty much every feat in his arsenal. The implication here is amusing, if misguided. Alan's the most powerful in this fight.

bbrem123
I would take out Quasar, Gladiator, and Nova, and replace them with Sentry, Genis-Vell, and Shaman X-Man.

I agree with this

JakeTheBank
I've used Thor in something like 3 tourneys, utilizing pretty much every feat in his arsenal. The implication here is amusing, if misguided. Alan's the most powerful in this fight.

I'm just trolling.

Mostly.

durthor

Prep-Man
would you guys say alan is trans level?

Digi
I'm just trolling.

Mostly.

durthor

In your defense, the energy soak on the hammer actually makes a difficult matchup for Alan. Thor and BRB would be the toughest outs because of this. Alan's the most powerful overall here by a fair margin, but he also wouldn't want to pit himself against Thor or BRB in this fight. His powers would be better served elsewhere.

Digi

Yes.

JakeTheBank
In your defense, the energy soak on the hammer actually makes a difficult matchup for Alan. Thor and BRB would be the toughest outs because of this. Alan's the most powerful overall here by a fair margin, but he also wouldn't want to pit himself against Thor or BRB in this fight. His powers would be better served elsewhere.

I agree. I generally give Thor and Bill the majority over any Lantern, but Alan is a tricky one. At full power, Alan would conventionally be beyond either Thor or Bill, but he'd have to get around the hammers first. He also doesn't have a finite charge of energy to work with, unlike other GLs, so that's a huge boon for him, as well.

JakeTheBank

thumb up

Digi
I agree. I generally give Thor and Bill the majority over any Lantern, but Alan is a tricky one. At full power, Alan would conventionally be beyond either Thor or Bill, but he'd have to get around the hammers first. He also doesn't have a finite charge of energy to work with, unlike other GLs, so that's a huge boon for him, as well.

Yeah, it's a matchup issue, not a power one. Alan could reliably take any other two on the Marvel team (and probably more, depending on exactly where we want to place him). In a battle this size, I tend to assume that he'd wreck some heads and figure out to avoid the hammer brothers enough to swing the tide of the battle.

We could be generous and allow Marvel Classic Strange or something, but then the same courtesy would need to be afforded to Fate. Which again creates a push and Alan becomes the tiebreak yet again. I just don't see Marvel winning this fight with any regularity because of Alan. They'd have to be super smart with matchups, and would still need to at least double team Alan, leaving them short a man.

Horrificus
That's a ridiculous statement. Quasar is powerful, but no more so than a lot of others in this fight. Amusingly, Adam Warlock is something like 3-0 against Quasar lifetime, and even he's not Marvel's most powerful character (nor does Marvel have the most powerful in the fight). More recent post-resurrection Quasar is also powerful, but hasn't done anything to distinguish himself from the crowd he's currently running with (Surfer, BRB, Gladiator, etc.) Um, yeah. "ridiculous". The scan below shows how the fight goes until Warlock uses the infinity Soul Gem.
Maybe you are thinking of "headband" Quasar, making big boxing gloves out of light, or something.
Because, it isn't this guy:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/36504/1741221-quasar_6.jpg

"Amusingly", Adam looks rather uncomfortable. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm talking about the Quasar that shut down a Watcher, defeated Anomaly (an abstract entity) and was able to easily block a blast from Galactus. And, those feats are just off the top of my head.

Digi
I've seen his respect thread and followed Marvel's cosmics for almost two decades. He's no more powerful than half a dozen others in this fight. He's in the same neighborhood, which is why he belongs with the other planet busters. But not above them.

Thor dented Galactus and rendered Ego catatonic for a time. Big whup. Surfer has the Crunch feat. Alan took on the entire JLA/JSA and only lost because he contained his power and stopped fighting. Strange and Fate have countered abstracts numerous times. Majestic rearranged a solar system. Thor did what he did to Mercy (numerous insane feats), an abstract. Quasar is not the only one with good feats.

Also, post the whole fight. There's literally no context in that scan. I'm also completely sure Warlock has knocked Quasar unconscious more than once. On the off chance that you found a feat to the contrary (still to be determined, but possible) then they've split their encounters.

dmills
If energy absorption is to be a deciding factor here then there are 5 people on team Marvel that have demonstrated that ability.

"Id"
Cream of the Crop Heros from Marvel without repeating similar characters.
Genis-Vell
Surfer
Thor
Shaman X-Man
Dr. Strange
Nova
Quasar
Hulk
Adam Warlock
Black Bolt or Sentry

Naija boy
Err...Im really finding it hard to believe that Alan scott would be able to take Surfer+Thor at the same time let alone more,......i think people are getting a bit carried away here. "Team busting" in comics is usually hugely overplayed due to most characters fighting retarded and the inverse ninja law which is almost always in effect. Either Thor or Surfer at their best (since we are clearly taking alan scott at his best) could give him a very good run.....He isnt taking them plus other guys by himself..jeesh

Prep-Man
alan did take on mordru and scythe. actually owned scythe who owned the jsa single handedly. mordru even when he was weakened is above the likes of surfer or thor.

carver9
Originally posted by Naija boy
Err...Im really finding it hard to believe that Alan scott would be able to take Surfer+Thor at the same time let alone more,......i think people are getting a bit carried away here. "Team busting" in comics is usually hugely overplayed due to most characters fighting retarded and the inverse ninja law which is almost always in effect. Either Thor or Surfer at their best (since we are clearly taking alan scott at his best) could give him a very good run.....He isnt taking them plus other guys by himself..jeesh

Happy Dance

carver9
alan did take on mordru and scythe. actually owned scythe who owned the jsa single handedly. mordru even when he was weakened is above the likes of surfer or thor.

Now name the people Thor and Surfer has taken on.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9 Now name the people Thor and Surfer has taken on.

wolverine. nuff said, bub. wink

carver9
wolverine. nuff said, bub. wink

laughing out loud and Black Panther

Naija boy

Scythe got taken down by lightning using a city busting attack iirc...and is another poster boy for the whole "team busting" without context thing. When did Alan ever beat a full powered mordru? And quite frankly ill need to go and relook at their fights because when it comes to terms that are usally signify agenda pushing team busting is only second to taken on.....

Digi

Only because Thor's energy soak makes things interesting. Alan's legit though. He has numerous feats that place him well above his teammates in this fight, which translates roughly to the power levels of the Marvel people as well. The whole crossover event where multiple teams couldn't do jack against him is his best recent feat, and single-handedly puts him at levels beyond pretty much anyone in the fight. The "Book of Willpower" feat is another, as is the shockingly abrupt Scythe takedown, and the finale of the JSA's run. Or the "I'm keeping an ever-growing magical city in space in constant check with my willpower while also being a powerful GL" following the JLA/JSA crossover.

Thor and Surfer at their best aren't pushovers, agreed. I just named some of their uber feats above because someone wanted to place Quasar as the class of this fight. They aren't Alan though.

You're also pitting him against the two best on team Marvel. I agree, he doesn't take them both out, at least not easily. Any one of them though, yes. And any two of the others in this fight, who aren't as powerful, yes. It kind of makes my point for me when you have to take #'s 1A and 1B on team Marvel to deal with Alan, leaving the rest of the team a man down and without their best powerhouses.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Naija boy Scythe got taken down by lightning using a city busting attack iirc...and is another poster boy for the whole "team busting" without context thing. When did Alan ever beat a full powered mordru? And quite frankly ill need to go and relook at their fights because when it comes to terms that are usally signify agenda pushing team busting is only second to taken on.....

that was before, alan broke scythes neck when he was serious. and i didnt say full powered mordru, i said when he was weakened. even weakened he was still powerful enough to create pocket dimensions. scott stalemated him at the time.

Horrificus
I've seen his respect thread and followed Marvel's cosmics for almost two decades. He's no more powerful than half a dozen others in this fight. He's in the same neighborhood, which is why he belongs with the other planet busters. But not above them.

Thor dented Galactus and rendered Ego catatonic for a time. Big whup. Surfer has the Crunch feat. Alan took on the entire JLA/JSA and only lost because he contained his power and stopped fighting. Strange and Fate have countered abstracts numerous times. Majestic rearranged a solar system. Thor did what he did to Mercy (numerous insane feats), an abstract. Quasar is not the only one with good feats.

Also, post the whole fight. There's literally no context in that scan. I'm also completely sure Warlock has knocked Quasar unconscious more than once. On the off chance that you found a feat to the contrary (still to be determined, but possible) then they've split their encounters. He is beyond a "planet buster". And, many of us in these forums have the same level of comic reading resume, if not higher than two decades. FYI.

The scan I providing was not out of context. Quasar was beating Adam handily, until Adam used the Soul Gem.

But, I don't mind providing support for my opinion. TBC.

carver9
I don't know about Quasar. If people really believe that Superman and Gladiator are physically just as strong as each other (which is an outright lie...Gladiator is stronger) then he might not match up with DC heavy weights like people here think that he could. Gladiator was too powerful for Quasar and would have lost easily if Black Bolt didn't intervene.

http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/5036/79105746kq4.th.jpghttp://img503.imageshack.us/img503/874/81064387pq3.th.jpghttp://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3720/75708401no8.th.jpg
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/9855/53205453nv4.th.jpghttp://img301.imageshack.us/img301/7900/93502716fz8.th.jpghttp://img67.imageshack.us/img67/1913/46006397bd0.th.jpghttp://img267.imageshack.us/img267/6908/92116221tf3.th.jpg

Tony Stark
If you can take out Glads, you should take out Superman and Wonder Woman. Glads is top tier.

Yup

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Horrificus He is beyond a "planet buster". And, many of us in these forums have the same level of comic reading resume, if not higher than two decades. FYI. The scan I providing was not out of context. Quasar was beating Adam handily, until Adam used the Soul Gem. But, I don't mind providing support for my opinion. TBC.

what did alan do at the end of jsa again??

-Pr-
I don't know about Quasar. If people really believe that Superman and Gladiator are physically just as strong as each other (which is an outright lie...Gladiator is stronger)

Still waiting for that proof, Carver.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Still waiting for that proof, Carver.

I showed you this proof a while back though.

-Pr-
I showed you this proof a while back though.

No, you didn't. Lifting a sky-scraper doesn't put him above that level.

carver9
No, you didn't. Lifting a sky-scraper doesn't put him above that level.

Lol...I'm not talking about the skyscraper...I'm talking about him dropping Heralds with a couple of blows.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9 I showed you this proof a while back though.

your drawings of gladiator dont count, sporto.

-Pr-
Lol...I'm not talking about the skyscraper...I'm talking about him dropping Heralds with a couple of blows.

I sincerely hope you're not talking about the Rachel Grey and Phoenix stuff.

carver9
I sincerely hope you're not talking about the Rachel Grey and Phoenix stuff.

Lol..no but that's part of it.

-Pr-
Lol..no but that's part of it.

Still not proof, unless you're just going to disregard Superman's feats.

carver9
your drawings of gladiator dont count, sporto.

Lol laughing out loud

carver9
Still not proof, unless you're just going to disregard Superman's feats.

I know of both fts, thats why I'm giving Gladiator the strength edge. It's not bad to physically be under Gladiator, the guy is a monster.

-Pr-
I know of both fts, thats why I'm giving Gladiator the strength edge. It's not bad to physically be under Gladiator, the guy is a monster.

You still haven't shown any proof, though.

basilisk

Also, post the whole fight. There's literally no context in that scan. I'm also completely sure Warlock has knocked Quasar unconscious more than once. On the off chance that you found a feat to the contrary (still to be determined, but possible) then they've split their encounters.

I haven't read my Quasars for a while but I think they only ever had that one real fight. In the Infinity War fight, Quasar really did have Warlock on the ropes by absorbing his energy, shown in that scan. Warlock warned him that he was getting too weak to contain the power of the soul gem. Quasar didn't know what the gem was, and the sudden point-blank gem discharge blasted him away when he was about to grab it. Although Quasar said it packed a wallop, he was flying back into the battle. But then Quasar was distracted by the Contemplator suddenly appearing in a telepathic form inside his head, and Warlock punched him out.

The only other time they "fought" was when Warlock pulled him into the soul gem plane and gave him a series of test questions to determine if he was a worthy successor to Captain Marvel, which Quasar passed.

basilisk
I don't know about Quasar. If people really believe that Superman and Gladiator are physically just as strong as each other (which is an outright lie...Gladiator is stronger) then he might not match up with DC heavy weights like people here think that he could. Gladiator was too powerful for Quasar and would have lost easily if Black Bolt didn't intervene.
But that was only the start of a fight that didn't finish, and Quasar wasn't in any real danger yet. He might have pulled something with his other powers like he has to defeat other more physically powerful foes. They've never had a full fight AFAIK.

Rom Spaceknight was duking it out pretty well HTH with Gladiator and easily took his eyeblasts to the face with no effect. Not sure where Rom is placed physically.

Glads is certainly up there with Superman but is he really stronger, given Supe's ridiculous feats?

carver9
Originally posted by basilisk
But that was only the start of a fight that didn't finish, and Quasar wasn't in any real danger yet. He might have pulled something with his other powers like he has to defeat other more physically powerful foes. They've never had a full fight AFAIK.

Rom Spaceknight was duking it out pretty well HTH with Gladiator and easily took his eyeblasts to the face with no effect. Not sure where Rom is placed physically.

Glads is certainly up there with Superman but is he really stronger, given Supe's ridiculous feats?

Arr you talking about this fight because Rom was getting manhandled?

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4417/28744238hs9.th.jpghttp://img117.imageshack.us/img117/6916/58765524gs3.th.jpghttp://img123.imageshack.us/img123/497/80374731ps4.th.jpghttp://img224.imageshack.us/img224/5413/87872547kp6.th.jpg

Lord Feron
If by tasks you mean like keeping a sun from exploding, moving a planet, saving a bunch of people, or even outright destruction, I would go with team Marvel. They got alot of great tools to deal with all sorts of shit. In a brawl Hmmm.... not sure how that would turn out.

basilisk
Arr you talking about this fight because Rom was getting manhandled?

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4417/28744238hs9.th.jpghttp://img117.imageshack.us/img117/6916/58765524gs3.th.jpghttp://img123.imageshack.us/img123/497/80374731ps4.th.jpghttp://img224.imageshack.us/img224/5413/87872547kp6.th.jpg

He was doing OK there. He stood up to sustained eyebeams at close range, he stood up to a blow that Gladiator thought would deck him. Rom was blinded by Manta when he got hit across the room. And he was still fine from that and came back to trade blows HTH. Then the fight got stopped. Rom was fine.

Digi
He is beyond a "planet buster". And, many of us in these forums have the same level of comic reading resume, if not higher than two decades. FYI.

The scan I providing was not out of context. Quasar was beating Adam handily, until Adam used the Soul Gem.

But, I don't mind providing support for my opinion. TBC.

Not trying to compare internet cock sizes with the reading resume. Just letting you know I'm not ignorant of Quasar's feats, and I've seen nothing to put him beyond Gladiator, Surfer, Thor, BRB, etc. Carver's scans actually bolster my point somewhat, although his goal in posting the Gladiator/Quasar fight was quite different than my own.

But, as mentioned, his best feats that you listed are not beyond the best feats of others in the fight.

He's been knocked out with karmic blasts against Adam though. The scans should still be in Warlock's respect thread. And honestly, Quasar's best feats are better than Adam's. I'm not arguing in terms of overall power here. Just that he's not in another league from these guys, he's in the same league.

abhilegend
Originally posted by basilisk

Its carver. He thinks superman is weaker and less powerful than pretty much everyone in marvel.ermm

carver9
Its carver. He thinks superman is weaker and less powerful than pretty much everyone in marvel.ermm

So is that the reason I recently gave Superman the majority against Thor in the Superman vs Thor thread? A character that I have said on numerous of occasions as being one of the most powerful being in MU right now.

Gotcha. I have given Superman the majority against almost everyone he has faced, even Mangog. Read the first page. Stop putting words in my mouth. Just because I think Hulk would two shot him doesn't mean.that I think he is weak.

carver9
Read...you voted against Superman...I gave him the win.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=561472&pagenumber=2

-Pr-
Just because I think Hulk would two shot him doesn't mean.that I think he is weak.

Does not compute.

Digi
Beats Thor
Beats Mangog
Loses to Gladiator
Gets two-shotted by Hulk

Makes sense where I'm standing.

carver9
Beats Thor
Beats Mangog
Loses to Gladiator
Gets two-shotted by Hulk

laughing out loud I never gave my vote on a fight between Superman and Gladiator.

quanchi112
Beats Thor
Beats Mangog
Loses to Gladiator
Gets two-shotted by Hulk

Makes sense where I'm standing. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Marvel side is more competent and more powerful.

Prep-Man
laughing out loud I never gave my vote on a fight between Superman and Gladiator.

Yeaaah, riggghhht.

Naija boy
Only because Thor's energy soak makes things interesting. Alan's legit though. He has numerous feats that place him well above his teammates in this fight, which translates roughly to the power levels of the Marvel people as well. The whole crossover event where multiple teams couldn't do jack against him is his best recent feat, and single-handedly puts him at levels beyond pretty much anyone in the fight. The "Book of Willpower" feat is another, as is the shockingly abrupt Scythe takedown, and the finale of the JSA's run. Or the "I'm keeping an ever-growing magical city in space in constant check with my willpower while also being a powerful GL" following the JLA/JSA crossover.

Thor and Surfer at their best aren't pushovers, agreed. I just named some of their uber feats above because someone wanted to place Quasar as the class of this fight. They aren't Alan though.

You're also pitting him against the two best on team Marvel. I agree, he doesn't take them both out, at least not easily. Any one of them though, yes. And any two of the others in this fight, who aren't as powerful, yes. It kind of makes my point for me when you have to take #'s 1A and 1B on team Marvel to deal with Alan, leaving the rest of the team a man down and without their best powerhouses.

JSA has probably been my fave DC book over the past 4 or so years so i know Alans feats but im really not getting how he is so considerably above either Thor or Surfer based on even the things you have mentioned. Team busting i believe is vastly overstated particularly due to the ninja law and most people in the teams fighting like retards. The recent crossover event involving the whole star heart takeover business i believe is par the course for that. The team of heroes that Alan controlled by the starheart fought was no more impressive than those whom Black Adam fought in World War 3 id say (In Alans case there were a bunch of characters who would be fodder for any legit top tier herald level character). Heck Black Adams team was definitely more impressive because it included Adam himself and yet i certainly would not use that to place Adam a tier above even some of the guys he fought in that arc. Furthermore aside from relative comparisons if we actually look at that group for what it was worth instead of falling into the trap of the "team busting" generalization, it is doubtful whether it can even be used to place Adam above Surfer and Thor level. I mean aside the fact that Gl's are chronic offenders when it comes to the ninja law, Kyle's (the biggest hitter in the fight) ring was made completely ineffective by the starheart and so was a non factor. Furthermore the characters, as is always the case when its team vs own teammate, were holding back trying to get through to him and whatnot. Its not all its being made out to be....

I cant remember exactly what happened in the whole "book on willpower" feat so please remind me of what went on. The scythe feat again is not something which Thor and Surfer are incapable of replicating given their own feat banks (seeing as scythe was previously put down by what was perhaps a city busting attack at best).

Quite frankly both Thor and Surfer have feats which outright top the feats you have mentioned that are supposed to propel Alan far beyond them....Viewing alan as more powerful is one thing (though arguable) but this supposedly huge gap i believe is non existent and unsupported by their respective histories.

Digi
JSA has probably been my fave DC book over the past 4 or so years so i know Alans feats but im really not getting how he is so considerably above either Thor or Surfer based on even the things you have mentioned. Team busting i believe is vastly overstated particularly due to the ninja law and most people in the teams fighting like retards. The recent crossover event involving the whole star heart takeover business i believe is par the course for that. The team of heroes that Alan controlled by the starheart fought was no more impressive than those whom Black Adam fought in World War 3 id say (In Alans case there were a bunch of characters who would be fodder for any legit top tier herald level character). Heck Black Adams team was definitely more impressive because it included Adam himself and yet i certainly would not use that to place Adam a tier above even some of the guys he fought in that arc. Furthermore aside from relative comparisons if we actually look at that group for what it was worth instead of falling into the trap of the "team busting" generalization, it is doubtful whether it can even be used to place Adam above Surfer and Thor level. I mean aside the fact that Gl's are chronic offenders when it comes to the ninja law, Kyle's (the biggest hitter in the fight) ring was made completely ineffective by the starheart and so was a non factor. Furthermore the characters, as is always the case when its team vs own teammate, were holding back trying to get through to him and whatnot. Its not all its being made out to be....

I cant remember exactly what happened in the whole "book on willpower" feat so please remind me of what went on. The scythe feat again is not something which Thor and Surfer are incapable of replicating given their own feat banks (seeing as scythe was previously put down by what was perhaps a city busting attack at best).

Quite frankly both Thor and Surfer have feats which outright top the feats you have mentioned that are supposed to propel Alan far beyond them....Viewing alan as more powerful is one thing (though arguable) but this supposedly huge gap i believe is non existent and unsupported by their respective histories.

"Huge gap" is a strawman. It's not huge.

The Book of Willpower feat was when he went off on Obsidian and engulfed the planet with his green light. The beam that subsequently shot off from Earth was wider than the Earth, and we were not shown the limits of how far it stretched into space.

In this case it just comes down to interpretation of feats. I put the Scythe feat on level with pretty much anything Thor or Surfer have done, given how easily Alan accomplished it. I also put the magic-city and Starheart team buster feats beyond anything they've done.

The entire reason I see this fight in DC's favor is because I think Alan could handle any one person on team Marvel, and probably 2 of the "lesser" opponents (i.e. not Surfer or Thor). Let's say Thor did match up against Alan. It would be a long, drawn-out fight that would not be easily won. Same with Surfer (though sans Mjolnir's insane energy soak, I think Surfer goes down faster despite having as much overall power...just a worse matchup for him). I see Alan winning eventually 1-v-1, maybe you don't. But those are only 2 of 10 possible opponents, so probability dictates that he'd get someone else most times. Either way, I have never said he'd mop the floor with Thor or Surfer.

I do think he's the most powerful in this fight, and I do think his history supports this. It's cool if you don't though.

Blair Wind
ok, lets take the top 10 top tiers from each company. I probably left out some on each side, so let me know if i did.

The Keeper comes in, kills them all, and then enjoys a chocolate covered comet for dessert.

Digi
The Keeper....

http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/4513/5j6fj.jpg

Naija boy
"Huge gap" is a strawman. It's not huge.

The Book of Willpower feat was when he went off on Obsidian and engulfed the planet with his green light. The beam that subsequently shot off from Earth was wider than the Earth, and we were not shown the limits of how far it stretched into space.

In this case it just comes down to interpretation of feats. I put the Scythe feat on level with pretty much anything Thor or Surfer have done, given how easily Alan accomplished it. I also put the magic-city and Starheart team buster feats beyond anything they've done.

The entire reason I see this fight in DC's favor is because I think Alan could handle any one person on team Marvel, and probably 2 of the "lesser" opponents (i.e. not Surfer or Thor). Let's say Thor did match up against Alan. It would be a long, drawn-out fight that would not be easily won. Same with Surfer (though sans Mjolnir's insane energy soak, I think Surfer goes down faster despite having as much overall power...just a worse matchup for him). I see Alan winning eventually 1-v-1, maybe you don't. But those are only 2 of 10 possible opponents, so probability dictates that he'd get someone else most times. Either way, I have never said he'd mop the floor with Thor or Surfer.

I do think he's the most powerful in this fight, and I do think his history supports this. It's cool if you don't though.

I got the description "huge gap" from you describing him as well above everyone in this thread. Not a strawman just my interpretation of the words you used.

Aside that, i never said i actually thought team marvel wins as these threads with this many characters i feel are just too variable and dependant on matchups etc. I quite frankly dont put the scythe feat anywhere even close to that high for reasons already mentioned and the same goes for the "team buster" feat.

Its cool though. We can agree to disagree on it

Digi
I did use some hyperbole when describing the gap. However, I was also explicit that the hammers (Thor and BRB) posed a matchup problem for him. I was referring to others in the fight, and should have been more clear on that point. As the standard bearers for their tier, Surfer and Thor aren't going down easily, even to someone I consider to be Trans. I do think Alan could punk a fair number on team Marvel though, without much trouble....BB, Hulk, current Strange, maybe Warlock and Nova.

dmills
Scythe got taken down by lightning using a city busting attack iirc...and is another poster boy for the whole "team busting" without context thing. When did Alan ever beat a full powered mordru? And quite frankly ill need to go and relook at their fights because when it comes to terms that are usally signify agenda pushing team busting is only second to taken on.....

Lmao @ taken on. I was just talking about that (among other red herrings that people use on kmc) with another poster not too long ago.

Prep-Man
I did use some hyperbole when describing the gap. However, I was also explicit that the hammers (Thor and BRB) posed a matchup problem for him. I was referring to others in the fight, and should have been more clear on that point. As the standard bearers for their tier, Surfer and Thor aren't going down easily, even to someone I consider to be Trans. I do think Alan could punk a fair number on team Marvel though, without much trouble....BB, Hulk, current Strange, maybe Warlock and Nova.

Pretty much. It was pretty much obvious that Alan was leagues apart from most, if not all DC's top tiers. Easily at that.

abhilegend
So is that the reason I recently gave Superman the majority against Thor in the Superman vs Thor thread? A character that I have said on numerous of occasions as being one of the most powerful being in MU right now.

Gotcha. I have given Superman the majority against almost everyone he has faced, even Mangog. Read the first page. Stop putting words in my mouth. Just because I think Hulk would two shot him doesn't mean.that I think he is weak. Originally posted by carver9
Read...you voted against Superman...I gave him the win.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=561472&pagenumber=2 Originally posted by Digi
Beats Thor
Beats Mangog
Loses to Gladiator
Gets two-shotted by Hulk

hysterical hysterical hysterical

abhilegend
Pretty much. It was pretty much obvious that Alan was leagues apart from most, if not all DC's top tiers. Easily at that.
Alan said that superman was the most powerful being on earth.shifty

Naija boy
Lmao @ taken on. I was just talking about that (among other red herrings that people use on kmc) with another poster not too long ago.

lol taken on is probably the worst one but team busting isnt that far off. Oh, and stalemated is another one to watch for.

lilshogun
Used to be the most powerfulest.Originally posted by abhilegend

quanchi112
Alan said that superman was the most powerful being on earth.shifty Do you think Superman is more powerful than Alan Scott ?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Hey Carver, how much stronger is glads compared to Thanos again?

JakeTheBank
Jay Garrick, Mr. Terrific, and Dr. MidNite have all said that Alan was the most powerful human being, if not person, on the planet several times.

Juntai
Jay Garrick, Mr. Terrific, and Dr. MidNite have all said that Alan was the most powerful human being, if not person, on the planet several times. Billy Batson is the mightiest mortal. cool

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Juntai
Billy Batson is the mightiest mortal. cool

Yes, but Alan isn't mortal. cool

dmills
lol taken on is probably the worst one but team busting isnt that far off. Oh, and stalemated is another one to watch for.

Yeah stalemated does get tossed around loosely quite a bit.

Digi
Jay Garrick, Mr. Terrific, and Dr. MidNite have all said that Alan was the most powerful human being, if not person, on the planet several times.

Superman also once said that Hal possesses more power than he does. It just all needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Horrificus
Superman also once said that Hal possesses more power than he does. It just all needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Um... Those DC heroes sure say a lot of, erm, nice things to each other. lookaround

carver9
Um... Those DC heroes sure say a lot of, erm, nice things to each other. lookaround

Yep, like Superman saying Martian Manhunter is the most powerful JLA member. I wouldn't hold anything they say as something valid. Bunch of liars.

Prep-Man
Flash was also said to be the fastest man on the planet. cool

JakeTheBank
Some of those comments are accurate though. Or at least the writer's intention behind them.

Alan being considered to be potentially the most powerful human on the planet makes sense, especially considering the depth of power the Starheart ultimately has. I can't think of many human beings on DC New Earth I'd give the win over Alan at full power....

Though, I'm sure someone will jump in to correct me.

quanchi112
Superman also once said that Hal possesses more power than he does. It just all needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Exactly.

Prep-Man
Some of those comments are accurate though. Or at least the writer's intention behind them.

Alan being considered to be potentially the most powerful human on the planet makes sense, especially considering the depth of power the Starheart ultimately has. I can't think of many human beings on DC New Earth I'd give the win over Alan at full power....

Though, I'm sure someone will jump in to correct me.

Orion tapping into the Source, IMO. Other than that, I can't think of a DC top tier that would be able to take Alan, if he was dead serious. Agree?

JakeTheBank
Orion's also not a human living on planet Earth.

Prep-Man
Orion's also not a human living on planet Earth. ''

I'm speaking in general

*****! shifty

quanchi112
Orion tapping into the Source, IMO. Other than that, I can't think of a DC top tier that would be able to take Alan, if he was dead serious. Agree? Tapping into the Source isn't something Orion can do whenever he wants so that isn't a valid example.

Prep-Man

Before or after the Scythe arc?

Horrificus
So, I'm hanging out, right? Looking at some old books and thinking about tough comic book characters. You know, I mean REALLY tough comic book characters.

Because, well, I was LUCKY enough to have REALLY knowledgeable comic book readers tel me that Quasar was not "peak" for the Marvel list. So, I thought I would look around for other character feats.

Because, also, Quasars "cosmic" feats didn't seem to impress anybody much.

So, back to the REALLY powerful characters... Then, I am wondering, where could I find a bunch of those characters in one place? You know, really cutting loose!

Then, it dawns on me... Quasar #38! Yeah.

So, I am paging through the book, and man, there are a lot of powerful characters in it, all ready to go to war! Next thing I know, I am kind of worried about them. I hope they don't hurt each other.

Because, they were, you know, going nuts! Wanting to KILL.

You had Drax with the Power Gem.
There was Thor with Mjolnir.
Hercules and Prof Hulk.
I saw Thanos and Wonder Man.
And, of course, Adam Warlock, the Thing, Jean Grey and She-Hulk.
Also, I'm not sure, is that X-Man, Nova, Invisible Woman and Sasquatch?
Even Logan, with his funny little Adamantium Claws. So cute, hehe.

Anyway, it's a good thing Quasar was there. Everybody was going insane, so it was very lucky that Quasar was able to EASILY nullify the entire mob, while having a nice casual conversation with Captain America.

Oh, here, let me show you...

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest1.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest2.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest3.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest4.jpg

As you can see here, Thanos is finally able to add his power to everybody else's and break the shield Quasar had been creating, while he had a nice talk with Cap.

I guess it was just a matter of getting all of those characters to work together, to break Quasars shield. Team work, you know? roll eyes (sarcastic)
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest5.jpg

And, then this could have been nasty... Thanos was gonna smash Hulk and Thing together like a couple of coconuts! They just weren't strong enough to resist Thanos.

So, it is a good thing that Quasar was able to put a barrier between them that was strong enough to nullify Thanos's strength, without hurting them. Good Job Q!
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest6.jpg
big grin

Yeah, it was some good reading.

abhilegend
Before or after the Scythe arc?
In the new krypton arc.

carver9
So, I'm hanging out, right? Looking at some old books and thinking about tough comic book characters. You know, I mean REALLY tough comic book characters.

Because, well, I was LUCKY enough to have REALLY knowledgeable comic book readers tel me that Quasar was not "peak" for the Marvel list. So, I thought I would look around for other character feats.

So, back to the REALLY powerful characters... Then, I am wondering, where could I find a bunch of those characters in one place? You know, really cutting loose!

So, I am paging through the book, and man, there are a lot of powerful characters in it, all ready to go to war! Next thing I know, I am kind of worried about them. I hope they don't hurt each other.

Hercules and Prof Hulk.

Anyway, it's a good thing Quasar was there. Everybody was going insane, so it was very lucky that Quasar was able to EASILY nullify the entire mob, while having a nice casual conversation with Captain America.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest1.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest2.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest3.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest4.jpg

As you can see here, Thanos is finally able to add his power to everybody else's and break the shield Quasar had been creating, while he had a nice talk with Cap.

I guess it was just a matter of getting all of those characters to work together, to break Quasars shield. Team work, you know? roll eyes (sarcastic)
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest5.jpg

And, then this could have been nasty... Thanos was gonna smash Hulk and Thing together like a couple of coconuts! They just weren't strong enough to resist Thanos.

So, it is a good thing that Quasar was able to put a barrier between them that was strong enough to nullify Thanos's strength, without hurting them. Good Job Q!
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/th_Quasarstrongest6.jpg
big grin

Am I the only one that is unable to explode these scans?

JakeTheBank
Am I the only one that is unable to explode these scans?

Are you normally able to explode scans?

carver9

Jake...you know what I mean.

JakeTheBank
mmm

I'll be keeping an eye on you.

abhilegend
Am I the only one that is unable to explode these scans? Originally posted by JakeTheBank
laughing out loud

dmills
No. The scans are terrible.

abhilegend
No. The scans are terrible.
You just have to edit this

to this

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/Quasarstrongest6.jpg

and voila!

JakeTheBank
Quasar's got guts.

Horrificus
Sorry guys. I was working on something else at the same time.
And... I'm not able to work on something else at the same time.

And Carver, thank you for not exploding my scans.

Hercules and Prof Hulk.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/Quasarstrongest1.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/Quasarstrongest2.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/Quasarstrongest3.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/Quasarstrongest4.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/Quasarstrongest5.jpg

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q253/ArealSTUPIguy/Quasar/Quasarstrongest6.jpg
big grin

Odekahn
For DC I'd add in Hal Jordan and Swamp Thing, and for Marvel I'd try my best to find a place for Magneto and Ghost Rider.

Odekahn

Superman isn't a human being...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.