Asura vs Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
For this fight they are equal at speed.
Asura starts at normal but he can cut loose and change into has "rage form".
1.h2h only
2.all powers
3.Mantra Asura

Who wins?

abhilegend
I don't know anything about asura. Any bios would be appreciated.

Prep-Man
http://asuraswrath.wikia.com/wiki/Asura

Estacado
Originally posted by abhilegend
I don't know anything about asura. Any bios would be appreciated.
I dont know if game chars are allowed in the vs but I saw a few thread so I decided to do one.
Asura is a demigod.His powers in short?Can fly ,has super speed ,super strenght can shoot projectiles ,his strenght grows with his anger ,has 6 arms when angry.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Estacado
I dont know if game chars are allowed in the vs but I saw a few thread so I decided to do one.
Asura is a demigod.His powers in short?Can fly ,has super speed ,super strenght can shoot projectiles ,his strenght grows with his anger ,has 6 arms when angry.
That's good and all, but what are his feats? Btw Asura, Durga and Mithra are all deities or demons in hinduism, what's the connection? Was this game inspired by hinduism?

Parmaniac
That's doubtful considering Capcom made this game, these name's also pop up in most Final Fantasy Games for Summons, Bosses or fodder enemies.

Estacado
At the begining of the game....he is still pretty weak..fast froward to 8:00
That guy is refered to one of the weakest bosses.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxtkXboV4Ow

Berserk form:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrHMilik5qw

jalek moye
That's good and all, but what are his feats? Btw Asura, Durga and Mithra are all deities or demons in hinduism, what's the connection? Was this game inspired by hinduism?

The game is like a sci fi inspired version of Hindu/bhuddist cosmology

abhilegend
At the begining of the game....he is still pretty weak..fast froward to 8:00
That guy is refered to one of the weakest bosses.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxtkXboV4Ow

Berserk form:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrHMilik5qw
Sorry buddy but my phone doesn't have video streaming capability which is what I'm using right now. Can you tell me what happens in those videoes?
Originally posted by jalek moye
The game is like a sci fi inspired version of Hindu/bhuddist cosmology
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks pal.

Estacado
Sorry buddy but my phone doesn't have video streaming capability which is what I'm using right now. Can you tell me what happens in those videoes?

In the 1st Asura destroys one of the 7 deities who is about 2 times the size of Earth.
He wants to squash Asura with his index finger which is about a size of a country Asura pushes it backwards he begins to punch it and he puts out so much energy with his fists that it begins to flow through Wyzen's body and it explodes.

2nd Asura gets nuked by bombs basically then he goes into berserk mode his aura's energy output is powerful enough to destroy spaceships which are in space he change into his berserk form(which is like naruto in his ninetail form except instead of tails he grows 4 huge arms)he begins to fire projectiles from his hand and destroys an armada of small city sized ships with only 1 energy sphere.

abhilegend
In the 1st Asura destroys one of the 7 deities who is about 2 times the size of Earth.
He wants to squash Asura with his index finger which is about a size of a country Asura pushes it backwards he begins to punch it and he puts out so much energy with his fists that it begins to flow through Wyzen's body and it explodes.

2nd Asura gets nuked by bombs basically then he goes into berserk mode his aura's energy output is powerful enough to destroy spaceships which are in space he change into his berserk form(which is like naruto in his ninetail form except instead of tails he grows 4 huge arms)he begins to fire projectiles from his hand and destroys an armada of small city sized ships with only 1 energy sphere.
Cool. I'm undecided on it. What's his best strength and speed feats?

Estacado
Cool. I'm undecided on it. What's his best strength and speed feats?
In the fight they are equal at speeds.
In the game Asura got from the moon to earth in about 15 seconds.
He only has that 1 lifiting feat the one with the country sized finger.
The game is pretty much like dbz I mean like Vegeta was able to blow up a planet with a finger blast later on they barely show anything like that.
In the end of the game he does destroy a living planet with some help though.
Also he takes a blast to the face from a cannon that was empowered by 7 trillion souls and was meant to destroy the same planet that he battles at the end without any side effects.

Prep-Man
I need to play this! eek!

CosmicComet
Superman.

As with most fiction, the developers here don't understand that there is no such difference between 'blunt' and 'piercing'. They both operate on the same principle; pressure. But in most mediums you will see a big disparity between the two, coming to the point that there are arbitrarily created durability categories.

Asura is one of those characters, having great 'blunt' durability while somehow having pretty unimpressive 'piercing' durability.

Superman's HV will cut through Asura like f*cking butter.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I need to watch this 3D anime! eek!

fixed.

ares834
Eh... I'd assume Superman's heat vision would fall under energy rather than piercing and Asura survived the Brahmastra's blast which is capable of destroying the planet.

carver9

You need to upgrade. As for this fight, I say its a split or Asura wins unless Superman can dodge blasts like Goku can which I highly doubt he could. Asura is a blast aholic.

CosmicComet
Superman's heat vision's width can be controlled.

To being as wide as a planet, to being thinner than paper. The latter shape is what will cut through Asura like butter.

Heat that is incalculably hotter than the core of stars focused into a smaller area = devastation

Superman's heat vision has hurt beings whose durability surpasses that of planet busting. Area of effect means little here.

carver9
Originally posted by CosmicComet

To being as wide as a planet, to being thinner than paper. The latter shape is what will cut through Asura like butter.

Heat that is incalculably hotter than the core of stars focused into a smaller area = devastation

Sigh*

Superman was amped when he warmed up Earth with his heat vision. OMG.

ares834

As you said, piercing relies on pressure. Superman's heat vision does no such thing.

True. But how often does Superman sesort to such a tactic? Not often. And since CIS isn't off I just don't see him trying this. At least not right off the bat.

CosmicComet
That's not even the important issue here Carver. My point was that he can control the width.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by ares834
As you said, piercing relies on pressure. Superman's heat vision does no such thing.

Not quite. I said force itself creates pressure. And Superman's heat vision does indeed have concussive showings. Thus it creates force.

Often enough to know that he can easily do so and thus we have no reason to arbitrarily assume he's going to forget about it.

Where was it stated that CIS isn't off for Superman?

I don't ever buy the 'CIS' excuses anyway. The people fight to the best of their demonstrated ability. That's all. That's the default rule.

This is Superman's fight to lose. He'll have to work for it, but unfortunately for Asura, he doesn't have the durability feats to tank a full powered HV blast.

Estacado
For some reason I think that a cannon capable of destroying a living planet>>>heat vision.That's just me.

carver9
For some reason I think that a cannon capable of destroying a living planet>>>heat vision.That's just me.

Same here.

CosmicComet

Superman's heat vision has hurt beings whose durability surpasses that of planet busting. Area of effect means little here.

Concentration is what matters.

HV that can seal reality itself, is hax.

ares834

thumb up

I can see the HV hurting Asura but cuting through him like butter... Nah.

CosmicComet
sigh.

flavor of the month character with some flashy feats crammed into a short span, causing people to forget what long running characters, who are forced into being tempered for lengthy story arcs, can actually do.

what else is new?

dmills
sigh.

flavor of the month character with some flashy feats crammed into a short span, causing people to forget what long running characters, who are forced into being tempered for lengthy story arcs, can actually do.

what else is new?

Word. Superman wins.

jalek moye

I don't ever buy the 'CIS' excuses anyway. The people fight to the best of their demonstrated ability. That's all. That's the default rule.

That depends on the the move in question, like spider-man will fight to the best of his ability but he won't snap someones neck. Some tactics do fall outside of their CIS, which is also part of the rules.

Heat vision cutting isn't one of those though, he has cut people plenty of times in non lethal spots to put them down.

batdude123
Originally posted by carver9
As for this fight, I say its a split or Asura wins unless Superman can dodge blasts like Goku can which I highly doubt he could.

This shit again?

Parmaniac
I wish a had more hands so I could give Carver's post 4 thumbs down thumb down thumb down

http://www.simplemobilereview.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/DC-Rick-James.jpg

dmills
Oh snap, I just saw it said speed is neutralized. I think Asura may have access to levels of strength within the flow of his normal power set that Supes might have to dip to get. This is a good one.

CosmicComet
Asura's best outright strength feat is pushing up Wyzen's finger a few feet, which was about as wide as a mountain range.

Granted, this was early in the game but I don't remember any sort of quantification on how much stronger he could have gotten since then.

dmills
Asura's best outright strength feat is pushing up Wyzen's finger a few feet, which was about as wide as a mountain range.

Granted, this was early in the game but I don't remember any sort of quantification on how much stronger he could have gotten since then.

Wyzen was resisting, so there a bit more weight (no pun intended) to the feat when a planet sized dude was actively trying to smash him.

CosmicComet
He pushed down initially, thought it was over, and then saw that his finger was miraculously being pushed up for a bit. After that, he held it stationary, even while Asura was charging up for a single huge punch.

A punch which I'm still not quite understanding the affects of; it seems like it simply superheated wyzen or something, and then he blew up...or something. But the explosion was also right next to Earth, and it was not destroyed, or seemingly even noticeably damaged at all despite a planet sized object blowing up right next to it. Which suggests that there was some magic element involved in the explosion--and perhaps the attack itself--that kept it from happening.

carver9
Originally posted by batdude123
This shit again?

Good to see you back.

dmills
He pushed down initially, thought it was over, and then saw that his finger was miraculously being pushed up for a bit. After that, he held it stationary, even while Asura was charging up for a single huge punch.

A punch which I'm still not quite understanding the affects of; it seems like it simply superheated wyzen or something, and then he blew up...or something. But the explosion was also right next to Earth, and it was not destroyed, or seemingly even noticeably damaged at all despite a planet sized object blowing up right next to it. Which suggests that there was some magic element involved in the explosion--and perhaps the attack itself--that kept it from happening.

You're thinking too logically again stick out tongue

CosmicComet
There's nothing that requires heavy thinking to know that a planet sized object blowing up next to a planet is some bad shit bruh.

I'd like to assume Capcom aren't dumb asses, so I'm trying to explain away how that shit is possible.

Because you have to take what the visuals give you for evidence.

Asura clearly didn't simply 'blow up' a planet sized object with force, since there was some energy flow involved over a few seconds, and then we have to wonder how powerful that explosion even was since it didn't do shit to the Earth despite being next to it.

And we know far smaller shit happening on earth, like the Tunguska event or Krakatoa erupting, can cause huge effects over a wide area. So why wouldn't an explosion as big as a planet, right dead next to it, also cause something disastrous to happen? Unless there was, of course, magic involved.

dmills
There's nothing that requires heavy thinking to know that a planet sized object blowing up next to a planet is some bad shit bruh.

I'd like to assume Capcom aren't dumb asses, so I'm trying to explain away how that shit is possible.

Because you have to take what the visuals give you for evidence.

Asura clearly didn't simply 'blow up' a planet sized object with force, since there was some energy flow involved over a few seconds, and then we have to wonder how powerful that explosion even was since it didn't do shit to the Earth despite being next to it.

And we know far smaller shit happening on earth, like the Tunguska event or Krakatoa erupting, can cause huge effects over a wide area. So why wouldn't an explosion as big as a planet, right dead next to it, also cause something disastrous to happen? Unless there was, of course, magic involved.

I can all but guarantee that nobody is thinking too deeply about that scene. But if you wanna break it down, Asura pushing the hand was impossible for the simple fact that the ground should've given way under his feet. Two opposing forces can't collide in an infinite stalemate. Something has to give. Not to mention what should've been devastating gravitational affects on Earth from two objects of that mass being in close proximity to one another.

CosmicComet
There's some things that get the pass on trope quality.

Such as moving an extremely large object and it still being whole. Asura's feat would fall within the same kind of category.

But, a ****ing explosion, as big as a planet, right next to a damn planet, is not passable under a trope. I just can't rationalize how it could with the lack of examples.

Any idiot, should be able to rationalize how big of an impact that would cause.

Because when things aren't realistic, there is a tendency for the feats themselves become unraveled in impressiveness, depending on the circumstances.

carver9
You all are looking to far into the ft...let's not go past the comic book world or you would have to think logically on a lot of things like Superman and a GL moving a planet without the planet crushing under the pressure or a snake being rapped around a planet without destroying every life on this planet. The list of this goes on and on.

ares834
^exactly

The game involves Asura getting so pissed he comes back to life... Logic, and even more so physics, don't factor into it. In the end he punched Wyzen so hard he blew up. That's really all there is to it.

CosmicComet
He punched Wyzen's finger, caused the whole body to heat up, and then Wyzen subsequently blew up, in an explosion that was either too weak to damage the planet in any noticeable fashion, or was a magical effect.

Thems the breaks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.