Who is the most durable?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
In no particular order, who among these guys would be the hardest to destroy physically? This could be through blunt force, energy or piercing means.

Superman
Thanos (pre TI)
Darkseid
Thor
Captain Marvel/Black Adam
Gladiator
Pitt
Silver Surfer
Ultron
Orion
Majestic
Citizen Steel
Validus

If there is anyone out there that is below the Sky Father tier name them.

rotiart
Juggernaught
Or his fear alter ego...

Mr immortal?

SamZED
Mr immortal isnt durable at all. Deadpool used to blow his brains out every sunday.

JakeTheBank
Destroy permanently?

Brockalizer
Originally posted by Stoic
In no particular order, who among these guys would be the hardest to destroy physically? This could be through blunt force, energy or piercing means.

Superman
Thanos (pre TI)
Darkseid
Thor
Gladiator
Pitt
Silver Surfer
Ultron
Orion
Majestic
Citizen Steel
Validus

If there is anyone out there that is below the Sky Father tier name them.
Which Ultron?

Galan007

Superman
Thanos (pre TI)
Darkseid
Thor
Gladiator
Pitt
Silver Surfer
Ultron
Orion
Majestic
Citizen Steel
Validus

If there is anyone out there that is below the Sky Father tier name them. Brit's durability trounces all these feebs...

Stoic
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Destroy permanently?

Nope in cases of guys like Mr. Immortal, if he get ripped apart he's done.

Originally posted by Brockalizer
Which Ultron?

Not sure of the series number, so I'll go with the one that took on Adamagus

JakeTheBank
Citizen Steel and Validus are at the top, imo.

Horrificus

Superman
Thanos (pre TI)
Darkseid
Thor
Gladiator
Pitt
Silver Surfer
Ultron
Orion
Majestic
Citizen Steel
Validus

If there is anyone out there that is below the Sky Father tier name them. Somebody recently argued that Black Adam only has only been knocked unconscious time.

Does anybody know anything more about this?

Bouboumaster
Thanos, from this list

rotiart
Okay well if you mean durable as in undamaged ignoring their ability to go on... Ie instant rebirth from death etc...

Would mangog fit as below sky father. I'd like a write in if possible.

lilshogun
Thanos is the most durable on that list. Review the Odin thrashing of Thanos in Asgard.

Tony Stark
^ yes

Blair Wind
Validus. Bar none.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Galan007
Brit's durability trounces all these feebs...

?

Horrificus
Personally, I would keep Thanos, Mangog and Validus off that list.

Herald and below would be best.

The three I mentioned are a pain, hard too place and just cause too much trouble! erm

Galan007
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
? Simply put: Brit cannot be injured under any circumstances. The dude strapped nukes to his chest, jumped out of a plane to detonate them, and didn't sustain so much as a scratch in the process... Invincible (a class 100++ character), *tried* to beat the shit out of him--that is to say: he punched him repeatedly--but again, Brit was left completely unscathed. Etc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Simply put: Brit cannot be injured under any circumstances. The dude strapped nukes to his chest, jumped out of a plane to detonate them, and didn't sustain so much as a scratch in the process. Additionally, Invincible (a class 100++ character), *tried* to beat the shit out of Brit--that is to say: he punched him repeatedly--but again, Brit was left completely unscathed. Etc.

How does any of that place him above Ultron (Adamantium), Thanos etc? I could probably mention someone like Superman as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen Brit hurt/stunned or something not too long ago. Did you read his solo series? If so, do you recall any such instance?

Glorificus
Of that list, I'd say it's between Validus (if Pre-crisis, not sure about Post-crisis Validus) and Thanos.

Galan007
How does any of that place him above Ultron (Adamantium), Thanos etc? I could probably mention someone like Superman as well.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen Brit hurt/stunned or something not too long ago. Did you read his solo series? If so, do you recall any such instance? I wasn't being overly serious. Brit, being an Image character, simply doesn't get 'screen time' with big guns like Marvel/DC have to offer--thus he isn't going to compile a vast array of high end feats like some of the characters in this thread have. However, based on character portrayal (ie. nothing harming him, ever), Brit is in the highest possible tier of character durability... And tanking a melee from a berserk Invincible without so much as a scratch to show for it is a massively impressive durability feat in its own right. There aren't many sub-Skyfathers who could brush off such an assault completely uninjured, imo. /shrug

I don't recall Brit being harmed at all during his solo series. confused

Gecko4lif
Brit cant be harmed

Maybe by magic but that is yet unproven

Rage.Of.Olympus
I wasn't being overly serious. Brit, being an Image character, simply doesn't get 'screen time' with big guns like Marvel/DC have to offer--thus he isn't going to compile a vast array of high end feats like some of the characters in this thread have. However, based on character portrayal (ie. nothing harming him, ever), Brit is in the highest possible tier of character durability...

That's not really my problem. He doesn't even have implied high end shit as some of these characters.

I'm sorry, but your going to need much better evidence to place Brit "in the highest possible tier of character durability", with what he has under his belt as it is, that shit is just silly.

And tanking a melee from a berserk Invincible without so much as a scratch to show for it, is a massively impressive durability feat in its own right. There aren't many sub-Skyfathers who could brush off such an assault completely uninjured, imo. /shrug

You have to be joking. Unlike Brit, I've payed attention to Invincible and I can make you a very long list capable of characters capable of performing as well as Brit.

I can see someone like Superman accomplishing Brit's showing. Out of curiosity, would you happen to have the scans of their fight? It's been a while, IIRC, it was in #7 of Brit's series.

I don't recall Brit being harmed at all during his solo series. confused

I found these scenes of him being rocked:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2gv0ufo.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/xcoygw.jpg

Here he was knocked out cold (Albeit off panel):
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/121/1216121/invincible-20120109112152693-000.jpg
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/121/1216121/invincible-20120109112147663-000.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/qzeyxz.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/29vdphg.jpg

In the last scene, the villain has the power of rendering people in his vicinity unconscious or whatever so it isn't as straight forward.

But neither are the ones I was thinking of. It was most likely another one of those big group fights, that happen every once in a while where the world's supers assemble to fight an invading big baddie (Only to fail) and Invincible saves the day.

Anyways, I know there are more instances of him being hurt lying around here and there so the idea that his completely invulnerable has already been proven to be untrue. I can keep digging if I have to but I think it's sufficient.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Glorificus
Of that list, I'd say it's between Validus (if Pre-crisis, not sure about Post-crisis Validus) and Thanos. Recently, somebody posted some scans of Validus being seriously injured from fighting a Sun Eater, I think.

Do any of the other listed DC characters have any similar showings against an SE?

Just wondering.

Dream Stuff
I think Validus is on top in terms of basic durability. Thanos is close and has better feats for resisting more esoteric kinds of "damage," like telepathy, transmutation, reality warping, etc.

I'd be inclined to put Saint of Killers on that list just because of what he is. However, since most of his story takes place on a "realistic" Earth, he doesn't have the same library of feats. There's nothing around to epically fail to hurt him higher-end than a nuke.

Doesn't even dirty his clothes: http://i43.tinypic.com/eq6nti.jpg

abhilegend
Originally posted by Horrificus
Recently, somebody posted some scans of Validus being seriously injured from fighting a Sun Eater, I think.

Do any of the other listed DC characters have any similar showings against an SE?

Just wondering.
At that time a sun-eater was the biggest threat of LOSH, a team that shits on any team of today this side of cosmic entities. The sun eater that hurt val was busting galaxies.

Horrificus
Originally posted by abhilegend
At that time a sun-eater was the biggest threat of LOSH, a team that shits on any team of today this side of cosmic entities. The sun eater that hurt val was busting galaxies. OK, right. Now I remember. It was supposedly a "Red Sun Eater" or something like that.

I wish I was stronger on my DC characters.

Still wondering if anybody has any Black Adam knowledge. And, if it is true about his "jaw". Because, from what I know of the characters he has gone up against, if he really hasn't been knocked out, it's kind of a big deal.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Horrificus
OK, right. Now I remember. It was supposedly a "Red Sun Eater" or something like that.

I wish I was stronger on my DC characters.

Still wondering if anybody has any Black Adam knowledge. And, if it is true about his "jaw". Because, from what I know of the characters he has gone up against, if he really hasn't been knocked out, it's kind of a big deal.
PC black adam like any shazam family member was absolutely invulnerable. Heck Mr. Mind created a guy named Invincible Man who was drawing power from entire universe and the most he could to cap was to make him feel his punches not even phasing him. Cap fought him for days without tiring IIRC. Post crisis the most anybody has done against adam is gaining an upper hand otherwise it always comes to plot devices to beat him. I've read every issue of black adam there is and he's been koed only once in his 70+ years of publishing history.

Horrificus
Originally posted by abhilegend
PC black adam like any shazam family member was absolutely invulnerable. Heck Mr. Mind created a guy named Invincible Man who was drawing power from entire universe and the most he could to cap was to make him feel his punches not even phasing him. Cap fought him for days without tiring IIRC. Post crisis the most anybody has done against adam is gaining an upper hand otherwise it always comes to plot devices to beat him. I've read every issue of black adam there is and he's been koed only once in his 70+ years of publishing history. Well, in that case, there are only a couple other characters I can think of with that kind of record. Of course, the enemies he faced are a big factor, but I know of some of them, and it only adds to the quality of the jaw.

Galan007
I found these scenes of him being rocked:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2gv0ufo.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/xcoygw.jpg

Here he was knocked out cold (Albeit off panel):
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/121/1216121/invincible-20120109112152693-000.jpg
http://comicsmedia.ign.com/comics/image/article/121/1216121/invincible-20120109112147663-000.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/qzeyxz.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/29vdphg.jpg I know full well Brit has "been rocked". After all, aside from his durability, Brit has average human stats--cl. 100 punches are going to move him. All I am talking about is his ability to withstand attacks without sustaining any lasting injuries... And even in the second pair of selective scans you posted, Brit may have been seemingly "ko'd" (though I'll personally check out those issues to make sure there were no extenuating circumstances)--however, he was still left without so much as a scratch to show for it. That's all I'm talking about.

But again, I wasn't being overly serious. Brit doesn't have the high-end feat that many of the characters in this thread have, so he's always going to lose a feat war (which is why I haven't directly compared him to anyone in this thread.) However, the feats he does have+character portrayal are what lead me to my final conclusion. Absolutely nothing can hurt him as far as we know. You can disagree all you'd like, I am just stating my opinion, is all. smile

leonidas
i used brit at one time in a tourney. dude was pretty damn completely invulnerable in the type of way this thread is meaning. he's not getting ripped apart, or cut up, and withstanding nukes strapped to him is uber impressive. not sure about his more recent showings, but at the time i used him his durability/invulnerability, was off-the-charts. erm

leonidas
now i think about him, i wonder how he'd fare vs logan's claws? at the time i thought he could withstand them. there are only a couple on that list in the OP who wouldn't be cut. that in itself is telling.

Galan007
^ It is my opinion that Brit would be unscathed.

Saurfang
How about Adam Destine?

CosmicComet
PC Captain Marvel/Freddy/Mary/Adam

PillarofOsiris
Thanos. Among the heralds level characters, Superman, and by a lot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.