surfer panther vs spidey firelord vs widow magik

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nwg202
which is the biggest form of pis?

Panther puts the surfer in an arm bar and threatens to break it off?

Spidey ko's fire lord or this up coming magik vs widow fight?

Digi
SM/FL lasted two issues of constant fighting, and FL provided his rationale for not simply destroying a city-sized area to ensure that SM would be defeated. It's debatable whether or not FL should've gone down after all he experienced, but he did get hit head-on by a speeding train, was at ground zero of a roughly block-sized explosion, and went through quite a few other things too.

It's the most recognizable instance of PIS, and certainly not an example of good writing, but also not the worst PIS.

JakeTheBank
The Panther Armbar was also done after T'Challa used the Power Cosmic dampener on Norrin, correct?

Existere
Hard to judge the Widow/Magik 'fight' that hasn't occurred yet...

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Existere

It's hard to judge your freaking face! Are you happy now? Does it feel good? Did you want someone to say that to you?

We all know the worst case of PIS is Hulk surviving being punched by Captain America. He should have been killed instantly, not merely knocked out.

Existere
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It's hard to judge your freaking face! Are you happy now? Does it feel good? Did you want someone to say that to you?

We all know the worst case of PIS is Hulk surviving being punched by Captain America. He should have been killed instantly, not merely knocked out. ermmha

I'm just waiting for Clint to bust out his anti-Magneto arrow. It's gonna be glorious.

Parmaniac
ermmha

I'm just waiting for Clint to bust out his anti-Magneto arrow. It's gonna be glorious. All he would need is a wooden arrow haw-som

srankmissingnin
It always amuses me when someone works around Magneto's powers by using a non-metallic object. Apparently Marvel doesn't brief their writers on the powers of their characters before they hand the reins over.

-K-M-
x5-JVvCrGC8

I love how Reed explains to Magneto he merely just tricked him and his powers still work, but upon finding that out Magneto still doesnt use his powers and gets taken away by the cops. Natch!

Parmaniac
Originally posted by -K-M-
x5-JVvCrGC8

I love how Reed explains to Magneto he merely just tricked him and his powers still work, but upon finding that out Magneto still doesnt use his powers and gets taken away by the cops. Natch! Obviously the police has wooden handcuffs.

Existere
crylaugh

abhilegend
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
The Panther Armbar was also done after T'Challa used the Power Cosmic dampener on Norrin, correct?
No, he used those dampeners in the next issue. He armbarred a full powered surfer.

vince_slice
Yeah, and BP threatened to "tear" Surfer's arm off...

Endless Mike
In a later issue Surfer said he knew BP wasn't a threat and he would have atomized him if he wasn't friends with the people of Earth or something...

nwg202

Even in her most depowered state, she can beat natasha while reading a paper. She reads a headline teleports the widow into the middle of ocean flips a page and continues reading the rest of the paper.

She does not even need to use magic, go to limbo or armor up and turn into a raging demon lord for this battle. The Soul Sword should be useless against natsha as well, but they will probably forget that too..( unless they fry her brains out or absorb her soul)

vince_slice
This is McDuffie's explanation:

"Read the scene again and this time pay attention. The Surfer allowed the Panther to "restrain" him in the hope of finding out what the FF was up to. A panel later, the Surfer's assistant blasts the Panther unconscious. The Surfer is irritated because he wanted the Panther to talk, which he thought he might do if the Panther believed he had the upper hand. Most of the people who ***** about this have only seen a scan of one page, or have poor reading comprehension skills."

http://dwaynemcduffie.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10&start=1830I

Existere
Originally posted by nwg202
Even in her most depowered state, she can beat natasha while reading a paper. She reads a headline teleports the widow into the middle of ocean flips a page and continues reading the rest of the paper.

She does not even need to use magic, go to limbo or armor up and turn into a raging demon lord for this battle. The Soul Sword should be useless against natsha as well, but they will probably forget that too..( unless they fry her brains out or absorb her soul) No, I know Magik's powers and Natasha's lack of them, but we have no idea what goes down inside the comic, including whether they actually even fight or not.

nwg202
Originally posted by vince_slice

"Read the scene again and this time pay attention. The Surfer allowed the Panther to "restrain" him in the hope of finding out what the FF was up to. A panel later, the Surfer's assistant blasts the Panther unconscious. The Surfer is irritated because he wanted the Panther to talk, which he thought he might do if the Panther believed he had the upper hand. Most of the people who ***** about this have only seen a scan of one page, or have poor reading comprehension skills."

oops. ok i just saw the scan and hear a lot of people ***** about it. Guilty as charged. My bad. still doesnt the surfer have tp? couldn't he have just read bp's thoughts?

nwg202
No, I know Magik's powers and Natasha's lack of them, but we have no idea what goes down inside the comic, including whether they actually even fight or not.

well i thought the vs comic is all about fighting. big one on one battles but you're right maybe they have some plot device that makes it look like a reasonable battle.

vince_slice
oops. ok i just saw the scan and hear a lot of people ***** about it. Guilty as charged. My bad. still doesnt the surfer have tp? couldn't he have just read bp's thoughts?

To be honest I don't buy McDuffie's explanation. I read the scenes and I didn't get the vibe he was talking about. I just think he's just making up an excuse to cover what's one of the biggest PIS moments for Surfer.

Existere
well i thought the vs comic is all about fighting. big one on one battles but you're right maybe they have some plot device that makes it look like a reasonable battle. Yeah, or they may have a single panel of either Natasha or Magik backhanding the other - I guess we'll see?

nwg202
Yeah, or they may have a single panel of either Natasha or Magik backhanding the other - I guess we'll see?

yeah i guess so. actually if i remember correctly the widow beat wonderman in a one on one battle in contest of champions i think... so yeah anything can happen.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by vince_slice

I don't buy that.

Seems to me that he try a "Quesada" on us.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.