Sub Mariner vs Batman/Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

majid86
Subby takes on both Batman & Wolverine

No stupid prep for Batman, bloodlust on and fight takes place on land

BTW Its The Sub-Mariner not 'Namor'

Calling Subby by his real name is just too lame.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine wins. Batman broods.

majid86
Subby would rip out Wolverine's claws and stuff them up Batman's ass
Sub-Mariner 10/10

srankmissingnin
Only if that is his view of heaven, because once Wolverine dices him up like sushi he'll have a long time to fantasize in the after life.

Wolverine 10/10

Silent Master
Just want to make sure, this is the Sub-Mariner fighting in a rage rather than fighting intelligently, but with the intent to kill....right?

lilshogun
If they are on an island. Namor wins.

JakeTheBank
Namor BFRs Logan and kills Batman.

majid86
Correct

Silent Master
Given his powerset and skill, the only reason Wolverine stands a chance is PIS/CIS.

srankmissingnin
Even though he has flight, Namor is a primarily a melee combatant who lacks a viable ranged option. He has no choice but to engage Wolverine in direct melee combat, and he lacks to tools to win that type of engagement. Wolverine is faster and more skilled and he has a reach advantage. If Namor gets with inside Wolverine's hit box, he is going to get cut up, and unless there is a source of water where he can retreat and heal, he has no chance of winning.

And that is completely ignoring Batman.

StyleTime
Apart from a BFR, I kinda see Batman and Wolverine winning.

Newjak
Where is the battle taking place?

Cause he could just take a really heavy object and drop it on Wolverine.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Newjak
Where is the battle taking place?

Cause he could just take a really heavy object and drop it on Wolverine.

And Wolverine could just ninja vanish... but that's not what would happen.

StyleTime
Since the OP didn't specify, I thought it was just a featureless environment.

majid86
Fight takes place in Genosha

Silent Master
Which gives him plently of things to throw at the team.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Silent Master
Which gives him plently of things to throw at the team.

Which is an uncharacteristic tactic for Namor. If he decided to do it (which is unlikely) all they need to do is call him a coward and he would shout "Imperious Rex!" come into melee for a slugfest... and get cut up.

Silent Master
Like I said, Wolverine's only chance is PIS/CIS, because CIS is the only reason someone that is capable to ranged attacks would choose to melee against someone whose entire power/skill set requires close range.

srankmissingnin
Like I said, Wolverine's only chance is PIS/CIS, because CIS is the only reason someone that is capable to ranged attacks would choose to melee against someone whose entire power/skill set requires close range.

And CIS is the only reason two people like Batman and Wolverine would sit around and wait for Namor to throw shit at them when they can go into hiding and avoid him indefinitely...

Also Wolverine can jump like 100 feat... his vertical leap is beyond all measurement.

http://edge.ebaumsworld.com/picture/JRod90/mooninites.jpg

Silent Master
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
And CIS is the only reason two people like Batman and Wolverine would sit around and wait for Namor to throw shit at them when they can go into hiding and avoid him indefinitely...

So, Batman and Wolverine forfeit...good to know.

srankmissingnin
So, Batman and Wolverine forfeit...good to know.

Wolverine stays hidden until Namor dies of old age. Victory Team Darkclaw.

Silent Master
Wolverine stays hidden until Namor dies of old age. Victory Team Darkclaw.

IOW, Wolverine forfeits...good to know.

srankmissingnin
IOW, Wolverine forfeits...good to know.

How is that a forfeit? It's not Pride Rules, a ref isn't going to come out and red card him. He is still on the battle field, and he can still fight, the moment Namor chooses to stop avoiding combat so will he.

StyleTime
Victory Team Darkclaw.
I like this name.

Silent Master
According to you, Wolverine is too scared to fight, so instead he runs away and hides, that sounds like a forfeit to me.

srankmissingnin
According to you, Wolverine is too scared to fight, so instead he runs away and hides, that sounds like a forfeit to me.

He isn't too scared to fight, what he is is not stupid enough to sit down while a cowardly Namor hovers out of reach and throws shit at them. In that scenario Namor is the one who is too scared to fight.

Find something in the rules that supports your stance. Fights go until one person wins. In your out of character scenario Namor and Batman die of old age and Wolverine wins by default because Namor refuse to engage.

Silent Master
He isn't too scared to fight, what he is is not stupid enough to sit down while a cowardly Namor hovers out of reach and throws shit at them. In that scenario Namor is the one who is too scared to fight.

Find something in the rules that supports your stance. Fights go until one person wins. In your out of character scenario Namor and Batman die of old age and Wolverine wins by default because Namor refuse to engage.

So, instead of trying to fight, he's going to run away and hide until the bad man leaves, still sounds like a forfeit to me.

srankmissingnin
So, instead of trying to fight, he's going to run away and hide until the bad man leaves, still sounds like a forfeit to me.

Stealth and guerrilla warfare is a viable tactic, that is actually with in Wolverine's (and Batman's) nature. He isn't waiting for "the bad man to leave" he is waiting for the "bad man" to grow a pair of balls and fight him. If it makes you feel better than can throw pebbles at him from stealth periodically, because apparently that is all Namor has to do for him to be considered "fighting." Get with the program, Namor is out classed.

Silent Master
You don't have him using stealth and guerrilla warfare, you have Wolverine running away and hiding, just like the coward he is.

srankmissingnin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerrilla_warfare

Silent Master
You don't have Wolverine trying to attack Namor, you just have him running away and hiding, like the coward he is.

srankmissingnin
You don't have Wolverine trying to attack Namor, you just have him running away and hiding, like the coward he is.

Guerrilla warfare is 90% choosing the battlefield and waiting for the opportune moment to strike. If Namor comes down and decides to engage in combat, they'll attack him, if he doesn't they will continue to wait until he does... it's the onus is on him.

Silent Master
So, the cowards are just going to hide from the bad man because they're to scared to try and fight?

carver9
Silent is irritating.

JakeTheBank
Tbf to Batman, it's in character for him to flee a character he can't win against, especially if he doesn't have the backing of the Batgod Force.

srankmissingnin
So, the cowards are just going to hide from the bad man because they're to scared to try and fight?

They are going to wait in safety until Namor actually wants to fight.

This isn't Skyrim. Wolverine and Batman aren't going to stand there and stare at Namor while he sits on a rock outside of their each and shoots arrows at them. Namor is the coward in this situation, they are merely reacting to his cowardice. You can take comfort in knowing that Namor would never actually fight like this, it is just some out of character bullshit you thought up because you can't be objective and wont give Wolverine a win regardless of the scenario.

Silent Master
They are going to hide from the bad man and make no attempt to attack, just like the cowards that they are.

srankmissingnin
I've addressed you're "point" come up with a rebuttal, or don't bother responding. You are embarrassing yourself... again.

Silent Master
I agree with you, Wolverine is a coward.

srankmissingnin
It's astonishing you haven't been banned yet...

Now that everyone of moderate or greater intelligence agrees that Wolverine wins, I guess we can leave Silent her to stew in his ignorance.

lilshogun
HMMM while Logan dices him, Namor rips his head. Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Only if that is his view of heaven, because once Wolverine dices him up like sushi he'll have a long time to fantasize in the after life.

Wolverine 10/10

Silent Master
I'm agreeing with you, in that Wolverine would run and hide like the coward he is.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by lilshogun
HMMM while Logan dices him, Namor rips his head.

Which is impossible, and is something that - if he attempted it - would leave him with both hands occupied and no guard, giving Wolverine free reign to carve up Namor and end the fight instantly. There is no scenario in which Namor enters melee combat with Wolverine, and comes out on top.

Which is why our simple friend Silent concocted his cowardly scenario where Namor hovers out of reach and tries to throw things at him.

Silent Master
Using your powers effectively isn't cowardly...running away and hiding however is the mark of a coward.

Prep-Man
Team.

srankmissingnin
Using your powers effectively isn't cowardly...running away and hiding however is the mark of a coward.

They aren't running away, they are waiting in cover for Namor to grow some balls and fight them. In this scenario Namor is refusing to fight, and Batman and Wolverine are simply avoiding be target practice for a coward. Simple.

Silent Master
They aren't running away, they are waiting in cover for Namor to grow some balls and fight them. In this scenario Namor is refusing to fight, and Batman and Wolverine are simply avoiding be target practice for a coward. Simple.

Given his strength, durability and flight abilities, a CISless Namor is fully capable of reducing any cover to rubble.

srankmissingnin
Given his strength, durability and flight abilities, a CISless Namor is fully capable of reducing any cover to ruble.

You know what Genosha looks like right? It's is a decently sized island, and there are still ruins of buildings and dozens (maybe hundreds... almost certainly 100s based on HoM 1) of skyscrapers still intact, presumably some degree of underground infrastructure. Wolverine and Batman could avoid Namor indefinitely in the ruins of the city, and eventually he will be in the perfect spot for an ambush and they will take him down.

Silent Master
Are you saying that Namor isn't strong enough to destroy buildings?

srankmissingnin
I'm saying there is hundreds of buildings, and he won't know which they are in and if he goes around destroying random buildings on lark he will fill the battle field with dust and debris giving them even more cover, while they wait for their opportunity to strike at take him out.

Even in your out of character scenario Namor can't win.

srankmissingnin
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/th_House_of_M_01-21.jpg

Silent Master
Not if he takes them out from range.

srankmissingnin
Hows he going to find them? Check their twitter feeds on his Nexus?

Batman @Batman:
Hidding from Namor on 327 Magneto Ave

Wolverine @Wolverine:
@Batman lawl me too what an idiot! What floor you on? in reply to @Batman

Batman @Batman:
@WolverineI'm on the twelve gadhfad fsahee's here!!! in reply to @Wolverine

Get real buddy.

Silent Master
You'd probably argue that Wolverine could beat a CISless Thor.

Metalmanx
Eh. I think Namor is easily capable of taking out the team. Batman is a non-factor here (sorry, but it's true). He could be batted away in the first few seconds, sending him into the middle of the ocean if Namor hits him hard enough.

Then it's down to Namor and Wolverine. Again. Sigh.

My opinion hasn't changed since the original thread. Namor could literally grab Batman and use him as a club against Wolverine, thus negating that reach "advantage". I doubt Wolvie will try to cut through Batman, since he is his teammate in this match. And, if he wanted to, before Wolverine got to his feet/readied himself after being knocked around, Namor (with his superhuman speed) could either grab Wolvie's wrists and take the claws out of the equation completely. Then he could either stab Wolvie with Wolvie's own claws or just straight up BFR him into the middle of the ocean. And no, I'm not forgetting Wolverine's own speed. I know he's fast. Just that Namor is just as fast, if not faster.

That's just one scenario. And when did it become out of character for Namor to drop/throw heavy things on foes? Seems right up his alley. I seem to recall some instances, but I'll see if I can find anything.

Bouboumaster
Without bfr, Wolverine soloes.

And by that, I mean that he kills both Namor and Batman.

abhilegend
The avenging son wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.