Thanos Vs Asgard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
no odin, no destroyer.

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
no odin, no destroyer.

So, Odin's dead in this scenario?

Colossus-Big C
i think current thanos>odin

carver9

WTF?

Silent Master
I'm taking Odin not being in Asgard to mean that he's dead, which means that Thor now has the full Odin-power and IMO Thor + Odin's power is >>>> Thanos.

Asgard wins 10/10.

keiththegreat
Is Beta Ray Bill, Thor Girl, and Loki counted? Do they get the other artifacts, like the Twilight Sword, Norn stones, etc? If so, with Thor and the 1,000's of other Asgardians, I'd give it to them.

Horrificus
Thanos gets destroyed by one or more of the following:

1. Thor as "King"
2. Thor and Beta Ray Bill
3. Entire Population and Armies of Asgard
4. Force Arrow
5. Cosmic Bolt
6. All of the above, plus any noteworthy Asgardians who would return for this battle, Loki, Thor Girl, etc.

TheLordofMurder
Spite...Thanos has no chance against Asgard combined...even sans Odin and the Destroyer.

Thor plus the other high ranking Asgardians rip Thanos to bloody shreds...

carver9
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Spite...Thanos has no chance against Asgard combined...even sans Odin and the Destroyer.

Thor plus the other high ranking Asgardians rip Thanos to bloody shreds...

This but worse.

Horrificus
Originally posted by carver9
This but worse. Yup. When they are done, they give him to the "Sodomy Giants of Buttenhiem". confused

Sodomy Giant-
http://images.wikia.com/marveldatabase/images/7/72/Rex_Randolph_%28Earth-616%29.jpg

Yes, this is actually an image of Edifice Rex and I apologize to anybody that likes the character. But, come on, where else was I going to find an image of somebody that looked like a "Sodomy Giant of Buttenhiem" on such short notice?

And, look at the guy.. He DOES fit the bill. wink

Stoic
Originally posted by Horrificus
Yup. When they are done, they give him to the "Sodomy Giants of Buttenhiem". confused

So do you think that they'd have to get him fitted for new battle armor after this?

Horrificus
Originally posted by Stoic
So do you think that they'd have to get him fitted for new battle armor after this? Well, definitely a helmet and shoulder pads that are less "pointy".

And, I would imagine the colors would shift to more purples and pinks.

But, I don't want to stereotype.

Maybe a pair of "Space Chaps"? sad

quanchi112

Thor plus the other high ranking Asgardians rip Thanos to bloody shreds... Do you read comics ?

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you read comics ?

Has your Thanos love affair caused your brain to rot?

Bouboumaster
Thanos wins it, if Thor don't get the power of Odin.

quanchi112
Has your Thanos love affair caused your brain to rot? Did you happen to catch Infinity Watch 25 iirc ?

TheLordofMurder
Did you happen to catch Infinity Watch 25 iirc ?

I most certainly did...

In Warlock and the Infinity Watch 25, it was a combined effort of Thanos, Surfer, Drax, and Warlock that defeated the no-name Asgardians; none of the high ranking Asgardians opposed them...

There was no Thor...no Loki...no Hela...no Enchantress, ect, ect; no high ranking Asgardians... and again, Thanos didnt beat them solo...he had help.

A team of Thor, Loki, Hela, Enchantress, Baldur, Heimdall, Hermod, and Sif (with the Norn Stones) defeat Thanos a perfect 10/10...

TheLordofMurder

Quanchi's dementia has infected you as well I see...

We'll have to administer the antidote to you asap if your soul is to be spared eternal damnation for blind worship of the overrated Thanos of Titan...

Happy Dance

the Darkone
Asgard, you still have rune stones, casket of winters other magical weapons, loki, echantress, thor, beta ray bill, warriors three, balder, Tiwaz sky father level, kurse who is Asgard citizen etc yes pretty much asgard

Mistress-Death
If Asgard doesn't have the. Odin power, it gets slaughtered like the Universal Church of Truth did.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Mistress-Death
If Asgard doesn't have the. Odin power, it gets slaughtered like the Universal Church of Truth did.

Asgard minus Odin and the Destroyer>>>>>>>>>>>>>Universal Church of Truth.

Mistress-Death
Lol based on nothing, there are over 9 billion Universal church of Truth believers, Asgard without Odin and the Destroyer can't handle that

Lord Feron
Just the city of Asgard? Hmmm... not sure what assgard would do. Suit up thor in the armor he took on odin and give him the Odin sword which can kill a skyfather. Plus add in a bunch of fodder (sorry warrior 3 and the fatman would all get oneshotted).

Also seems like asgard gets no prep so hmm... I guessing Thanos has a decent shot at this (if this is just the city of asgard like in Seige)

vince_slice
Lol based on nothing, there are over 9 billion Universal church of Truth believers, Asgard without Odin and the Destroyer can't handle that
That was when Thanos was at his weakest too during the events of TI, fresh from his resurrection.

Horrificus
- Asgard has 3 x the mass, weight, density of real space. - Disadvantage Thanos
- Universal Church of Dorks - Thanos did not fight 9 billion people.
- Lowest Asgardian God > Average Universal Church of Dorks Member
- Thanos' main strength is technology. Magic is not his specialty. Everything in Asgard, every weapon, every soldier, etc, has a magic element.
- Loki, by himself, knowing he is going into battle against Thanos, would have a chance of winning. As long as he doesn't rush into a physical brawl. Which, he normally does not do.
- Then, of course, add all of the magic items named and not named in this thread.
- Then, of course, add all of the magic weapons named and not named in this thread.
- Then, of course, add all of the "Special Teams" defenders named and not named in this thread.

This is not a good fight for Thanos. Too many variables. Too many special players, items and weapons.

Choosing Asgard, itself as the opponent, is the same as choosing an entire civilization's worth of Avengers or Defenders, etc.

I'm pretty sure, if this thread stays active, as time goes on you will see members adding specific Asgardians, Weapons, Items and Armor that have not been mentioned yet.

keiththegreat
The Valkyries, Brunhilde (who is supposed to be more powerful than Sif), the Warriors Three, Sif, Tyr, Heimdell with the Sword of Sorcery (who beat Thor when Thor was reduced to half strength), Beta Ray Bill, Thor, Thor Girl, Balder, Loki, Thailfi (who has some sort of insane super speed)....

Then the norn stones, the Odinsword, the Twilight sword, Thor's belt of strength, his magic gauntlets...

All this combined with thousands of Asgardians is definitely way too much for even Thanos.

Siege really was bullshit when you think about it.

h1a8
Thor alone will give Thanos the fight of his life in this scenario (Thor is defending Asgard).

Add Bill and the two beat Thanos

Add any other herald level being and it's a stomp.

Batman-Prime
Great points, both of you @horri and keith. Thanos stand no chance. Actually considering a whole race of "Gods" it's spite.

TheLordofMurder

Fool...

Hela could solo them all; Hela can command any of the dead in Hel, and guess who is in Hel?

The Midgard Serpent and Bor (for starters)...

Your ignorance shows through in his thread; Asgard sans Odin, The Destroyer, and PIS (PIS is off by default in a forum fight unless otherwise specified by the OP) is a very powerful force with tons of options available for dealing with threats...

I say again, Thor plus the remaining high ranking Asgardians utterly overwhelm and defeat Thanos a perfect 10/10...

Happy Dance

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos gets destroyed by one or more of the following:

1. Thor as "King"
4. Force Arrow
5. Cosmic Bolt
6. All of the above, plus any noteworthy Asgardians who would return for this battle, Loki, Thor Girl, etc.

This is a joke right? Thor has NEVER beaten Thanos, and in fact, has only lost to Thanos EvERY time they have met. What's worse, Thor never just goes after Thanos alone, he always brings help with him cause he knows and the heroes know... Thor alone isn't enough. Yet you think Thor plus Bill beat Thanos... BWAHAHAHAHHAHA.

Thanos pre TI.. was already WRECKING the Asgard Army with ease... in fact like they were children. The Entire Poplulation does nothing to Thanos, and mostly all just get one shot with ease.

Thanos rampages through Asgard and takes the Throne.

iceman24567
Thor gears up liked he did against the Serpent and solos

the ninjak

Thanos decimating the Universal CoT's capital planet is just proof of how far Thanos has evolved.

And that feat was done whilst Thanos was in an infant stage of his resurrected growth.

Thanos wins this fight. They can't keep him down. And he can rip and blast them to shreds and kill the unkillable.

Originally posted by iceman24567
Thor gears up liked he did against the Serpent and solos

Not the best example. Considering Thor died afterwards. And Thanos can't die.

Fool...

Hela could solo them all; Hela can command any of the dead in Hel, and guess who is in Hel?

The Midgard Serpent and Bor (for starters)...

Your ignorance shows through in his thread; Asgard sans Odin, The Destroyer, and PIS (PIS is off by default in a forum fight unless otherwise specified by the OP) is a very powerful force with tons of options available for dealing with threats...

I say again, Thor plus the remaining high ranking Asgardians utterly overwhelm and defeat Thanos a perfect 10/10...

Happy Dance
Hel isn't Asgard. And Hel is in Hell now anyways. And Bor was defeated by Loki and Thor and neither can defeat Thanos.

And Asgards remaining forces won't overwhelm Thanos either.

iceman24567
Originally posted by the ninjak
Thanos decimating the Universal CoT's capital planet is just proof of how far Thanos has evolved.

And that feat was done whilst Thanos was in an infant stage of his resurrected growth.

Thanos wins this fight. They can't keep him down. And he can rip and blast them to shreds and kill the unkillable.

Not the best example. Considering Thor died afterwards. And Thanos can't die.

Hel isn't Asgard. And Hel is in Hell now anyways. And Bor was defeated by Loki and Thor and neither can defeat Thanos. The Serpent was still above Thanos i doubt Thor would die. Thanos can be koed so your point means little a ko counts as a win

the ninjak
Originally posted by iceman24567
The Serpent was still above Thanos i doubt Thor would die. Thanos can be koed so your point means little a ko counts as a win

All we saw from the Serpent fight was posing. An old Thanos tanked Odin's blasts and he is much more durable and deadly now. And Odin slapped Thor silly in that recent arc.

Serpent proves nothing.

Silent Master
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
This is a joke right? Thor has NEVER beaten Thanos, and in fact, has only lost to Thanos EvERY time they have met. What's worse, Thor never just goes after Thanos alone, he always brings help with him cause he knows and the heroes know... Thor alone isn't enough. Yet you think Thor plus Bill beat Thanos... BWAHAHAHAHHAHA.

Thanos pre TI.. was already WRECKING the Asgard Army with ease... in fact like they were children. The Entire Poplulation does nothing to Thanos, and mostly all just get one shot with ease.

Do you even know all the heavy hitters that Asgard has?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Please name them for me.. name all these "heavy hitters" that can take Thanos on

Newjak
Considering current Asgard has Gaea and the two other women at the helm Thanos goes down.

Silent Master
Please name them for me.. name all these "heavy hitters" that can take Thanos on

IOW, you don't know. Which means that your statement that "Thanos rampages through Asgard" was made because of your ignorance.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Newjak
Considering current Asgard has Gaea and the two other women at the helm Thanos goes down.

Strueth! I forgot about Gaea and her servants. On the subject isn't Thor still dead?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Concession accepted. You can't name any heavy hitters that can deal with Thanos.

Silent Master
Concession accepted. You can't name any heavy hitters that can deal with Thanos.

Nice try, but you're the moron that gave Thanos the win when you didn't even know whose on the other team.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Silent Master
Nice try, but you're the moron that gave Thanos the win when you didn't even know whose on the other team.

Keep to the facts people. Instead of snide comments. Be humble if someone raises a better point and work on it.

Originally posted by Newjak
Considering current Asgard has Gaea and the two other women at the helm Thanos goes down. Originally posted by the ninjak
Strueth! I forgot about Gaea and her servants. On the subject isn't Thor still dead?

What are Gaea's feats anyways? She is Thor's mother isn't she? And whilst trapped in Hell helped him defeat the warrior maidens. Isn't she the same woman who gave Hercules the power the defeat the Chaos King?

KuRuPT Thanosi

The onus is on you, YOU SAID Asgard has heavy hitters that can deal with thanos. I asked you to name them.. and you go nice try you don't even know... and you think that proved something LOL. Concession accepted.. AGAIN

Stoic
Back before Asgard was turned upside down Annihilus nearly conquered Asgard when Odin was absent. I don't see why Thanos would have a hard time doing the same. However Gaea is present in Asgard, and she happens to be an Elder Deity, that had the power to amp Hercules, and give birth to sons as powerful as Thor, and Atum.

Silent Master
The onus is on you, YOU SAID Asgard has heavy hitters that can deal with thanos. I asked you to name them.. and you go nice try you don't even know... and you think that proved something LOL. Concession accepted.. AGAIN

You claimed that Thanos "rampages through Asgard" without even knowing who he'd have to fight, that sounds like the actions of a fanboy.

the ninjak
Back before Asgard was turned upside down Annihilus nearly conquered Asgard when Odin was absent. I don't see why Thanos would have a hard time doing the same. However Gaea is present in Asgard, and she happens to be an Elder Deity, that had the power to amp Hercules, and give birth to sons as powerful as Thor, and Atum.

And Nova Prime ripped Annihilus apart. And he feared modern day Thanos to the extent that he had to sacrifice himself along with StarLord with a Cosmic cube just to hold him back.

People just didn't read Gaurdians of the Galaxy, Annihiltion and the Thanos Imperitive didn't they?

Stoic
And Nova Prime ripped Annihilus apart. And he feared modern day Thanos to the extent that he had to sacrifice himself along with StarLord with a Cosmic cube just to hold him back.

People just didn't read Gaurdians of the Galaxy, Annihiltion and the Thanos Imperitive didn't they?

I'm only questioning the various ancient magical artifacts, magically bound to serve entities, and weapons that Asgard has at it's disposal that weren't written in certain books. This thread calls for all of Asgard, which meant things that are not normally seen in comics due to their destructive or dangerous natures. On average I don't think that Thanos would take long to seize control of Asgard without Odin, and the construct fending him off. I may be missing something though, so I could be swayed either way.

the ninjak
I guess Siege is not a good basis for an invasion attempt. Mainly due to Sentry and Heimdall's takedown.

In a straight up attack Heimdall will see him coming. Gaea will be there but not Thor or Odin or the Destroyer. Is Thor still dead? He's an imposter isn't he?

Sin I AM
I guess Siege is not a good basis for an invasion attempt. Mainly due to Sentry and Heimdall's takedown.

In a straight up attack Heimdall will see him coming. Gaea will be there but not Thor or Odin or the Destroyer. Is Thor still dead? He's an imposter isn't he?

he's technically not dead he's just inside the body of demogorge with a bunch of forgotten gods....he should be back next issue.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Sin I AM
he's technically not dead he's just inside the body of demogorge with a bunch of forgotten gods....he should be back next issue.

Now I remember they were all going to be eaten until Thor remembered who he was.

Well until then Thanos SMASH! Happy Dance

Though I'm still waiting on Gaea feats.

Silent Master
The OP only disallowed Odin and the Destroyer, that means everyone else should be fair game to use.

h1a8
All we saw from the Serpent fight was posing. An old Thanos tanked Odin's blasts and he is much more durable and deadly now. And Odin slapped Thor silly in that recent arc.

Serpent proves nothing.

Thanos tanking Odin is PIS at its highest or a serious jobbing by Odin. Let's just say that Thanos durability there against energy blasts >>>>Any other Thanos showing (even current).

Thus Thanos from the Odin fight had a greater durability than the one from TI. Maybe it was because of special tech Thanos was using in that fight.

With that said, Thor alone can bash Thanos head in a little by himself.

the ninjak
The OP only disallowed Odin and the Destroyer, that means everyone else should be fair game to use.

Your point?..... only kidding. Thor will be back in a month or 2.

Originally posted by h1a8
Thanos tanking Odin is PIS at its highest or a serious jobbing by Odin. Let's just say that Thanos durability there against energy blasts >>>>Any other Thanos showing (even current).

Thus Thanos from the Odin fight had a greater durability than the one from TI. Maybe it was because of special tech Thanos was using in that fight.

With that said, Thor alone can bash Thanos head in a little by himself.

Ahhhhh no. Odin poured his power into that early Thanos and he tanked it.

-You are aware of Thanos putting himself through amazing mental and physical endurance in the past right?

-Thanos most definetitely didn't have tech on his side in the Thanos Imperitive that was the whole point. He was on his own. No shields, no tech.

-No. Based upon your points above your point is invalid.

TheLordofMurder
Now I remember they were all going to be eaten until Thor remembered who he was.

Well until then Thanos SMASH! Happy Dance

Though I'm still waiting on Gaea feats.

Didnt Gaea completely no sale a combined attack from The Defenders?

I dont have the scan, but I am sure you can find it floating around here somewhere; the thread starter has the scan for sure...

Anyway, any Elder God wtfomfgbbq owns Thanos and its not even close...

Only the greatest of Thanos fanboys will argue otherwise (not implying that you are ninjak; those Thanos extremists know who they are)...

TheLordofMurder
You claimed that Thanos "rampages through Asgard" without even knowing who he'd have to fight, that sounds like the actions of a fanboy.

thumb up

Sin I AM

u r correct

TheLordofMurder
Hel isn't Asgard. And Hel is in Hell now anyways. And Bor was defeated by Loki and Thor and neither can defeat Thanos.

And Asgards remaining forces won't overwhelm Thanos either.

Hel might not be in Asgard, but Hela is an Asgardian and has come to Asgards aid before...

As pertains Bor, it wouldnt be Bor solo against Thanos now would it?

Tell me, can Thanos beat Thor, Loki, Hela, The Midgard Sepent, Bor, The Warriors 3, Heimdall, Hermod, and the Enchantress combined?

Gaea isnt even needed here to spite stomp Thanos every single time...

Silent Master
BTW, Thanos didn't tank Odin's blasts...as the fight ended with him needing multiple panels just to stand back up.

TheLordofMurder
BTW, Thanos didn't tank Odin's blasts...as the fight ended with him needing multiple panels just to stand back up.

thumb up

To be exact, Thanos needed 7 panels simply to stand fully; Odin didnt take action against Thanos during that time...

Odin owned Thanos then had mercy on him; Odin gave Thanos a beatdown...

the ninjak
Lolz so many.

I dont have the scan, but I am sure you can find it floating around here somewhere; the thread starter has the scan for sure...

Anyway, any Elder God wtfomfgbbq owns Thanos and its not even close...

Only the greatest of Thanos fanboys will argue otherwise (not implying that you are ninjak; those Thanos extremists know who they are)...

I'm not biased I opened up to someone supplying Gaea feats I even supplied my own! 3 of them. Who's the extremist?

Hel might not be in Asgard, but Hela is an Asgardian and has come to Asgards aid before...

Tell me, can Thanos beat Thor, Loki, Hela, The Midgard Sepent, Bor, The Warriors 3, Heimdall, Hermod, and the Enchantress combined?

-So Hela can just on a whim bring the Midgard Serpent out into play?

-Thor's dead.
-Loki's a kid. -
-Hela is in Hel/Hell argue what you want she sent emissaries in Fear Itself. She is stuck thanks to Lucifer.
-The Serpant lol.
-Bor is dead.
-The warriors 3 ...no!
-Heimdall as I stated above will be a problem but wont stop him.
-Hermod? Please show recent feats.
-Enchantress. Very powerful. I admit she can be a problem.

What's your point? Thanos is much more powerful now.

quanchi112
Has your Thanos love affair caused your brain to rot? Why can't you answer a simple question.Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Quanchi's dementia has infected you as well I see...

We'll have to administer the antidote to you asap if your soul is to be spared eternal damnation for blind worship of the overrated Thanos of Titan...

Happy Dance You're so emotionally scarred by me I kind of enjoy my impact.

the ninjak
It seems all Asgard has is Gaea.

I wonder if the beastial Avatar of Death can beat dat ass?

After all Annihilus gave the lot of em trouble.
And Nova Prime killed him.
Yet Nova Prime + StarLord + Cosmic Cube crapped their pants to even slow recent Thanos down.

Colossus-Big C
Gaea Vs Silver surfer, Classic Strange , Savage hulk and Namor

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9248688_Defenders_v2_12_36.jpg

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9248689_Defenders_v2_12_37.jpg

the ninjak
Gaea Vs Silver surfer, Classic Strange , Savage hulk and Namor

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9248688_Defenders_v2_12_36.jpg

http://s3d3.turboimagehost.com/t/9248689_Defenders_v2_12_37.jpg

I knew she would be all they have. And damn she is is sexy. How do you beat Earth????

Lucky a Death Avatar wasn't their that day. Which is UNIVERSAL!

And strong and durable as Hell.

Heck this is Thanos from Thanos Imperative WITH his tech! Can you imagine?
In Thanos Imperative he had no shields or tech but in this fight he does.....wow. I can't even imagine.

JakeTheBank
What depiction of Asgard is this?

And is this just Asgard proper, or Asgard and the other Nine Realms?

the ninjak
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

It's just Asgard with recent warriors as far as I'm concerned. The other realms are off limits for obvious reasons.

Horrificus

Serpent proves nothing. Thanos got the living crap beat out of him by Odin.
You goofs keep trying to make it a cool showing for Thanos, and you look like idiots.

Thanos was a smoldering, kneeling, ragged mess. Odin actually paused to give him a chance to LIVE or Die. Luckily for Thanos, his pals showed up to explain.

After he saw that he was saved, Thanos was doing one of those, "hold me back, hold me back, because I'm not done!" things. laughing

Newjak
Even if you don't want to go the Gaea route, there are so much magical things in Asgard it get's kind of ridiculous. Heck when Thor rummaging through Asgard after Siege he accidentally released a magical entity that was able to beat him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea, Asgard has a bunch of ancient and powerful weapons all over the place that should make this an easy fight for them.

I'm curious about this too.

Dream Stuff
If Gaea is usually as powerful as she's depicted in those scans, then Thanos is screwed. He may have no way to hurt her. Does she have a way to hurt him, or does this end in a draw?

As for everyone else actually IN Asgard right now, Thanos would eat them for lunch.

h1a8
^BS Thor and Bill together alone would hand Thanos a beating.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
If Gaea is usually as powerful as she's depicted in those scans, then Thanos is screwed. He may have no way to hurt her. Does she have a way to hurt him, or does this end in a draw?

As for everyone else actually IN Asgard right now, Thanos would eat them for lunch.

You are aware of all the high-end Asgardian characters in Marvel, right?

quanchi112
Thanos got the living crap beat out of him by Odin.
You goofs keep trying to make it a cool showing for Thanos, and you look like idiots.

Thanos was a smoldering, kneeling, ragged mess. Odin actually paused to give him a chance to LIVE or Die. Luckily for Thanos, his pals showed up to explain.

After he saw that he was saved, Thanos was doing one of those, "hold me back, hold me back, because I'm not done!" things. laughing Completely incorrect. Odin held a slight advantage due to the time under duress from the gungir blast. Thanos didn't even budge from the first attack and wasn't visibly affected until the gungir blast.

Originally posted by h1a8
^BS Thor and Bill together alone would hand Thanos a beating. Based on ?

Silent Master
Untrue, Odin was kicking his butt....which is why Thanos needed so many panels just to stand back up.

quanchi112
Untrue, Odin was kicking his butt....which is why Thanos needed so many panels just to stand back up. No, he wasn't he just gained a slight advantage due to the time exposed to the blast.

Silent Master
Stop lying.

iceman24567
Odin was wrecking Thanos at that point

quanchi112
Stop lying. Irony.

the Darkone
Tiwaz Bor's Father

Thor- Mystic Armor, Belt of Strength, Gauntlets too unleashed Hammers true power

Beta Ray Bill
Kurse- citizen of Asgard
Loki
Vidar
Balder
Enchantress
Hemidall
Warriors 3
Norn stones
Casket of Winters
Odin Spear
Odin Sword
etc too many options for Asgard which loaded with magical items!!

Nihilist
As Jake has said is its just "standard Asgard" there isnt much stopping Thanos in the end.

psycho gundam

And is this just Asgard proper, or Asgard and the other Nine Realms? not the one sentry lolraped

Stoic
It seems all Asgard has is Gaea.

I wonder if the beastial Avatar of Death can beat dat ass?

After all Annihilus gave the lot of em trouble.
And Nova Prime killed him.
Yet Nova Prime + StarLord + Cosmic Cube crapped their pants to even slow recent Thanos down.

To be fair Nova Prime would have never defeated Annihilus at peak power even without the Quantum bands, with them the only reason that he lost was because of being injured by Galactus. That being said Thanos would have very little trouble ruling Asgard with Odin out of the picture.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Why is everybody so impressed with that Gaea feat? Thanos would've tanked that as well.

LOL at the notion that BRB and Thor could stop Thanos alone... They would get beaten...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos cannot replicate that from what I've seen. She didn't even notice their combined assault and waved them away easily.

On top of that, recently in Chaos War it was revealed that Gaea was the mother of creation or some shit. She'd absolutely rape stomp Thanos at this point, but whatever, I'm not sure which incarnation of Asgard this is.

Thor and Beta Ray Bill together being able to stop Thanos isn't an outrageous comment, you might not agree with it but that's alright.

Silent Master
Why is everybody so impressed with that Gaea feat? Thanos would've tanked that as well.

LOL at the notion that BRB and Thor could stop Thanos alone... They would get beaten...

Have you figured out who is on the Asgardian team yet, or are you still posting from a position of ignorance?

Dream Stuff
You are aware of all the high-end Asgardian characters in Marvel, right?

Like who? So far, all I've been hearing about is Gaea. She seems to at least have durability on par with Thanos.

Enchantress, kid-Loki and anyone Thor-level and below are not "high-end" at all in the context of this conversation.

Silent Master
Like who? So far, all I've been hearing about is Gaea. She seems to at least have durability on par with Thanos.

Enchantress, kid-Loki and anyone Thor-level and below are not "high-end" at all in the context of this conversation.

I'll take that as a no.

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos cannot replicate that from what I've seen. She didn't even notice their combined assault and waved them away easily.

While it is a very impressive feat, it's hard to qualitatively compare it with, say, tanking an gas planet explosion to the face with a smile or tanking Odin blasts for as long as he did before they started to affect him. I think it would be wise to consider their durability about equal.

The idea that two herald-level beings could stop Thanos, who has made a career out of swatting actual heralds like mildly-annoying insects, is pretty hard to believe.

Tony Stark
THANOS walks through them like a hot knife through butter

Dream Stuff
I'll take that as a no.

Ok. Take it as a no.

I would be pleased if you would enlighten me.

Silent Master
Ok. Take it as a no.

I would be pleased if you would enlighten me.

Shouldn't you know who is on both sides before you comment on a fight?

Dream Stuff
Shouldn't you know who is on both sides before you comment on a fight?

Are you just trolling? You can't expect everyone to have perfect knowledge before forming a belief; and I've indicated that I'm open to reconsidering should new information come to light. That's as reasonable as it gets.

So why not share what all-powerful, yet rarely seen characters in current Asgard would be a match for Thanos?

Silent Master
Are you just trolling? You can't expect everyone to have perfect knowledge before forming a belief; and I've indicated that I'm open to reconsidering should new information come to light. That's as reasonable as it gets.

So why not share what all-powerful, yet rarely seen characters in current Asgard would be a match for Thanos?

According to your information, who are the 10 most powerful people on the Asgardian side in this fight?

Dream Stuff
According to your information, who are the 10 most powerful people on the Asgardian side in this fight?

Done feeding you, troll.

Silent Master
Done feeding you, troll.

IOW, you can't name ten, which means that you spoke out of ignorance when you claimed that Thanos would win.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Have you figured out who is on the Asgardian team yet, or are you still posting from a position of ignorance?

So you still can't name anybody of note that hasn't already been named or known about... Just as I thought. Since the onus is on you to name all these heavy hitters YOU referenced... it's on you to name them. Still can't, and yet you think you're making a point LOL.

Silent Master
So you still can't name anybody of note that hasn't already been named or known about... Just as I thought. Since the onus is on you to name all these heavy hitters YOU referenced... it's on you to name them. Still can't, and yet you think you're making a point LOL.

No, you made the claim and I called you on your lack of knowledge. See below.

Do you even know all the heavy hitters that Asgard has?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Me making a claim that Thanos wins... DOESN'T MEAN THE ONUS IS ON ME TO PROVE WHO ALL IS IN ASGARD. YOU MADE THE CLAIM THAT THERE ARE HEAVY HITTERS IN ASGARD... THUS IT'S ON YOU TO PROVE WHO THESE ARE AND WHY THEY WOULD STOP THANOS. WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT SHORT BUS? Me saying Thanos wins, doesn't mean the onus turns to me to name all the people Thanos would or would've have to beat... Sometimes your lack of logic and debating skills is atrocious

Silent Master
Me making a claim that Thanos wins... DOESN'T MEAN THE ONUS IS ON ME TO PROVE WHO ALL IS IN ASGARD. YOU MADE THE CLAIM THAT THERE ARE HEAVY HITTERS IN ASGARD... THUS IT'S ON YOU TO PROVE WHO THESE ARE AND WHY THEY WOULD STOP THANOS. WHY IS THIS SO DIFFICULT SHORT BUS? Me saying Thanos wins, doesn't mean the onus turns to me to name all the people Thanos would or would've have to beat... Sometimes your lack of logic and debating skills is atrocious

If you don't know who he's fighting, how can you back up your claim that Thanos wins?

TheLordofMurder
If you don't know who he's fighting, how can you back up your claim that Thanos wins?

thumb up

@Dream Stuff

Several people (myself included) have put together teams that would utterly own Thanos in this very thread...

Yeah, some might point to situations that occured in the comics and say that Thanos wins, but its important to note that comics are typically loaded with PIS in order to move the plot foward as well...

In a forum fight its "ready, set, go" with no PIS added; no way in hell does Thanos defeat every high ranking plus every fodder Asgardian combined...

Adding Gaea to the mix is extreme overkill...she is not even needed...but since she is there, Thanos has absolutely no prayer of winning this fight regardless of what TDF members attempt to argue otherwise.

Thanos is extremely overrated...

Surely you guys are not attempting to argue that Thanos is equal to or beyond an Elder God now!???

TheLordofMurder
@Anyone asking what feats Gaea possesses to suggest that she's beat Thanos...

Some of you guys are taking this feats thing too far; she is an Elder God, based on status alone, she is well beyond him...and the fact is that many of the high end characters simply dont have enough appearances to rack up the feats you guys are requesting.

The abstracts Love and Hate are almost completely featless...yet they are universal level beings of great status and great implied power...who here (other than ignorant Thanos extremists) would argue that these two wouldnt utterly annihilate Thanos in a PIS'less forum fight?

KuRuPT Thanosi
thumb up

@Dream Stuff

Several people (myself included) have put together teams that would utterly own Thanos in this very thread...

Yeah, some might point to situations that occured in the comics and say that Thanos wins, but its important to note that comics are typically loaded with PIS in order to move the plot foward as well...

In a forum fight its "ready, set, go" with no PIS added; no way in hell does Thanos defeat every high ranking plus every fodder Asgardian combined...

Adding Gaea to the mix is extreme overkill...she is not even needed...but since she is there, Thanos has absolutely no prayer of winning this fight regardless of what TDF members attempt to argue otherwise.

Thanos is extremely overrated...

Surely you guys are not attempting to argue that Thanos is equal to or beyond an Elder God now!???

Actually you haven't... you have put together a list that would beat Thanos exluding Gaea

Silent Master
Actually you haven't... you have put together a list that would beat Thanos exluding Gaea

Finally, you admit that Thanos would lose.

TheLordofMurder

The above team wouldnt beat Thanos?

What about the above team plus Gaea? That would be spite...wouldnt it?

Dream Stuff

First off (because I haven't read Thor since Fear Itself) who in that list is actually in Asgard right now? I know Hela isn't. I saw Thor is some kind of dimension for forgotten gods, or something, but I'll count him anyway. The Midgard Serpent is just laying around Asgard these days? Doubt it. When did Bor un-die again? I don't think it's sporting to just count every immortal who has ever been in a Thor comic as Asgardian, despite what the comics say.

Out of who's left, kid-Loki is weak with no prep, the Enchantress and Thor are the heaviest hitters (and Bor, if he is in fact alive). Since Thanos is generally bored by people with Herald-level power, this is no threat to him. Then we have Heimdall, who is significantly weaker than Thor. The Warriors 3 and Hermod are so irrelevant, I'm surprised they were brought up.

Thanos mows through that lineup, AOEs the thousands of normal Asgardians and wonders why anyone suggested Gaea didn't need to show up.

Dream Stuff
Some of you guys are taking this feats thing too far; she is an Elder God, based on status alone, she is well beyond him

Asgardians are called "gods," yet most of them can be mowed down by a human being with a fancy weapon. In comics, you can't afford to judge people by their implied powers or their supposed statuses. Even a lowly human like classic Molecule Man can be the most powerful being in the universe. Compared to feats, everything else is just bias and heresay.

KuRuPT Thanosi
The above team wouldnt beat Thanos?

What about the above team plus Gaea? That would be spite...wouldnt it?

This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about... This list DOESN'T beat Thanos for a few reasons.....

First.... Hela ISN'T IN ASGARD.. so she is out...

Bor is DEAD... so he is out. Besides, what on earth makes you believe he solos Thanos.... lol...

M. Serpant.... ISN'T LAYING AROUND ASGARD WAITING TO HELP ASGARD if it gets invaded. In fact, it's NEVER helped Asgard when it's under threat.

Hemdall is a joke and would get dominated by Thanos.

So again, I say again, of all the poeple ACTUALLY there they don't beat Thanos.. PERIOD

Horrificus
thumb up
@Dream Stuff

Agreed. Here are a few-

Originally posted by the Darkone
Tiwaz Bor's Father
Thor- Mystic Armor, Belt of Strength, Gauntlets too unleashed Hammers true power
Beta Ray Bill
Kurse- citizen of Asgard
Loki
Vidar
Balder
Enchantress
Hemidall
Warriors 3
Norn stones
Casket of Winters
Odin Spear
Odin Sword
etc too many options for Asgard which loaded with magical items!!

- Asgard has 3 x the mass, weight, density of real space. - Disadvantage Thanos
- Universal Church of Dorks - Thanos did not fight 9 billion people.
- Lowest Asgardian God > Average Universal Church of Dorks Member
- Thanos' main strength is technology. Magic is not his specialty. Everything in Asgard, every weapon, every soldier, etc, has a magic element.
- Loki, by himself, knowing he is going into battle against Thanos, would have a chance of winning. As long as he doesn't rush into a physical brawl. Which, he normally does not do.
- Then, of course, add all of the magic items named and not named in this thread.
- Then, of course, add all of the magic weapons named and not named in this thread.
- Then, of course, add all of the "Special Teams" defenders named and not named in this thread.

Originally posted by keiththegreat
The Valkyries, Brunhilde (who is supposed to be more powerful than Sif), the Warriors Three, Sif, Tyr, Heimdell with the Sword of Sorcery (who beat Thor when Thor was reduced to half strength), Beta Ray Bill, Thor, Thor Girl, Balder, Loki, Thailfi (who has some sort of insane super speed)....

Then the norn stones, the Odinsword, the Twilight sword, Thor's belt of strength, his magic gauntlets...

All this combined with thousands of Asgardians is definitely way too much for even Thanos.

1. Thor as "King"
4. Force Arrow
5. Cosmic Bolt

A team of Thor, Loki, Hela, Enchantress, Baldur, Heimdall, Hermod, and Sif (with the Norn Stones) defeat Thanos a perfect 10/10...

I see a lot of people clamoring around to make sure certain Asgardian characters are NOT included for this reason and that reason.

That's called "fear". eek!

But, while you are trying to disqualify characters, to give Thanos a better chance, I kept these lists the same as they were made.

The fact is, unless Asgard can be chopped down to nothing, Thanos has no chance.

cpd12589
If Odin is just not involved in the battle then Thanos wins. But if Odin is no longer king of Asgard or dead or something of the sort, then Asgard wins since King Thor is greater than Thanos.

Silent Master
I like how the Thanos side is basically saying "Thanos wins, as long as you don't count these 30 Asgardians"

Rage.Of.Olympus
Colossus needs to define what he thinks counts for Asgard and then I can make a list supporting Asgard.

If it's any Asgard related shit minus on Odin/Destroyer, then this isn't even a discussion. Either way they wreck him something fierce, items in Asgard's possession currently are the Twilight Sword, the Norn Stones, the Casket of Ancient Winters (I think), Gaea and Thor are present etc.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Colossus needs to define what he thinks counts for Asgard and then I can make a list supporting Asgard.

If it's any Asgard related shit minus on Odin/Destroyer, then this isn't even a discussion. Either way they wreck him something fierce, items in Asgard's possession currently are the Twilight Sword, the Norn Stones, the Casket of Ancient Winters (I think), Gaea and Thor are present etc. And, there are other items, weapons and entities that can be found, if you really look.

I messed around a bit and found a few things that could be added to the mix.

The problem is, the Thanos team is not going to change their opinion, which places Thanos at about the same level as Odin, ignoring past beatings, etc.

They are never going to see any combination of high-level Asgardian characters being able to beat Thanos. But, in a non-Thanos book, there are quite a few Asgardian combinations that would defeat him.

Stoic
Isn't the Silver Surfer a resident of Asgard these days?

JakeTheBank
Basically, or at least he'll be a recurring supporting character in the Mighty Thor when he's not hanging out with the Defenders.

Anyway, like I asked a page or two ago, "Asgard" could mean a bunch of things here, which all have different outcomes against Thanos.

Classic Asgard proper (just the Realm Eternal, not Asgard and its adjoining realms and their denizens) would beat Thanos, imo. Classic Asgard as a whole would likely make things almost spiteish.

Current Asgard(ia) is more or less an amalgamation of all the nine realms under one single banner of the All-Mothers, which would still overcome Thanos, ultimately.

Dream Stuff
I like how the Thanos side is basically saying "Thanos wins, as long as you don't count these 30 Asgardians"

I'm glad you like it, because I'm never going to think it reasonable to count among Asgard the currently deceased or the long absent.

Isn't the Silver Surfer a resident of Asgard these days?

I don't think I'd go that far, but the Asgard side can have him if they want, specifically because it make no difference. How many times do we have to see Surfer blast Thanos to absolutely no effect before people get it?

Other things:

Of all the characters you guys keep naming, how many would win a clear majority over Thor or Surfer? Take that very short list as a list of beings who have a chance at being relevant in this fight. No one herald-level or below is going to slow Thanos down, period. This is what I mean when I say that Asgard doesn't have many high-end characters.NUmbers don't matter when the power difference is that big; they'd be better off just getting out of their heavy-hitters' way.

For funsies, this is how useful an army is against Thanos: http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7479/fight131fe5.jpg

I'll comment on the items later. Gotta do stuff.

Silent Master
Then by all mens, why don't you make a list of all the people currently in Asgard.

Stoic
I don't think I'd go that far, but the Asgard side can have him if they want, specifically because it make no difference. How many times do we have to see Surfer blast Thanos to absolutely no effect before people get it?

Other things:

Of all the characters you guys keep naming, how many would win a clear majority over Thor or Surfer? Take that very short list as a list of beings who have a chance at being relevant in this fight. No one herald-level or below is going to slow Thanos down, period. This is what I mean when I say that Asgard doesn't have many high-end characters.Numbers don't matter when the power difference is that big; they'd be better off just getting out of their heavy-hitters' way.

For funsies, this is how useful an army is against Thanos: http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/7479/fight131fe5.jpg

I'll comment on the items later. Gotta do stuff.

Okey dokey. Dude for the record I said that I didn't see any reason that Thanos would not take this without Odin at the helm fending Thanos off. I brought the Surfer to light, as I did not see anyone else mentioning him being a resident of Asgard.

Gaea as other posters have stated however, changes the entire game, and seeing as to how she was the amplification that helped to give Herc his "Super Herc" name during the Chaos Wars, it pretty much puts the final nails into the coffin of Thanos' possible reigning of Asgard, before anyone notices him as a problem. No ones questioning Thanos being a very powerful character, but there are simply beings out there that tower over him in terms of power.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Somebody actually included the M. Serpant on the list of people helping asgard LMAO.... The reaching here is bording on epic levels.

Silent Master
Somebody actually included the M. Serpant on the list of people helping asgard LMAO.... The reaching here is bording on epic levels.

Says the guy that doesn't even know who is on team Asgard.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I know you don't.. you just like to hang on the coatails of others like you always do. You can't list them, and want others to list them for you... sad

quanchi112
Says the guy that doesn't even know who is on team Asgard. Says the guy ignores Infinity Watch 25.

Silent Master
I know you don't.. you just like to hang on the coatails of others like you always do. You can't list them, and want others to list them for you... sad

You claimed that Thanos would win, surely you had a team in mind for Asgard and weren't just talking out of your a$$ when you said that.

Right?

PillarofOsiris
It highly depends on who we're talking about with Asgard here. The OP is too vague. But Loki and Thor combined with the Norn stones, would beat Thanos. Add in thousands of other Asgardians, possibly Beta Ray Bill, Thor Girl, the Twilight Sword, and Thanos doesn't have a chance in freaking hell.

quanchi112
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
It highly depends on who we're talking about with Asgard here. The OP is too vague. But Loki and Thor combined with the Norn stones, would beat Thanos. Add in thousands of other Asgardians, possibly Beta Ray Bill, Thor Girl, the Twilight Sword, and Thanos doesn't have a chance in freaking hell. No, they definitely would not beat Thanos. Thanos is far more powerful, more durable, and a lot smarter than either.

Thanos went through billions of the ucot's best with his schlong flapping around in the harsh wind.

PillarofOsiris
Smarter? Who cares? Batman is smarter than Superman. Are we giving Thanos prep and technology in this fight, because I didn't see anything about that in OP. If you think just Thanos on his own is more powerful than all of Asgard you're quite delusional.

quanchi112
Smarter? Who cares? Batman is smarter than Superman. Are we giving Thanos prep and technology in this fight, because I didn't see anything about that in OP. If you think just Thanos on his own is more powerful than all of Asgard you're quite delusional. You said Loki and Thor combined with the norn stones. I think Thanos is a lot more powerful than these two coupled with this amp. Why should we not give Thanos his tech do we not give Iron Man his tech.

Thanos went toe to toe with Odin. Odin would wipe his ass with all of asgard in terms of power. The odinforce supplies asgard with it's power. Do you read comics ?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Loki and Thor beating Thanos... Nah... Loki, Brb and Thor wouldn't beat Thanos.

PillarofOsiris
Do you read comics ?

I love this line. Usually the first retort of the desperate. So because Odin could beat all of Asgard combined, Thanos can? Wow. Just...Wow. "Thanos went toe to toe with Odin." I'm so sick of this. Odin didn't look hurt at all after that fight. I mean, not one bit. Even though Thanos also had help remember. Though I do remember Thanos having a hard time getting up. Besides which, you do know that Thor went "toe to toe" with Zeus for MONTHS, right? So I guess by your logic Thor could beat all of Olympus by himself too?

Oh, let me guess, next you're going to bring up how Thanos knocked Galactus on his ass right? Guess what: Thor beat Galactus twice.

Look, I'm not saying Thor > Thanos. Hell, I don't even think Thor + Loki is > Thanos. But all of Asgard? With all their artifacts? That's just silly.

PillarofOsiris
Loki and Thor beating Thanos... Nah... Loki, Brb and Thor wouldn't beat Thanos.

With the Norn stones? Not so far fetched. Loki's done some impressive stuff on his own.

quanchi112
I love this line. Usually the first retort of the desperate. So because Odin could beat all of Asgard combined, Thanos can? Wow. Just...Wow. "Thanos went toe to toe with Odin." I'm so sick of this. Odin didn't look hurt at all after that fight. I mean, not one bit. Even though Thanos also had help remember. Though I do remember Thanos having a hard time getting up. Besides which, you do know that Thor went "toe to toe" with Zeus for MONTHS, right? So I guess by your logic Thor could beat all of Olympus by himself too? Thanos did take on Odin by himself for an extended period of time and without a winner. Thanos has been upgraded since then. This is unkillable is Odin ?

Thor isn't on Zeus' level. Zeus is a peer to Odin who is beyond Thor.

PillarofOsiris
Thanos did take on Odin by himself for an extended period of time and without a winner. Thanos has been upgraded since then. This is unkillable is Odin ?

An "extended period of time"? Like how Thor fought Zeus FOR MONTHS without a winner?

How long was that Odin / Thanos fight? Realistically? An hour? If that? Odin wasn't reeling. He wasn't hurt. It wasn't a fight as much as Odin wailing on Thanos for a time.

You're making a double standard.

Regardless, your logic of Odin can beat x, so Thanos can beat x is inherently flawed.

Silent Master
Thanos was getting beat down in his fight against Odin.

Mistress-Death
Zeus was testing Thor which is fact

PillarofOsiris
Zeus was testing Thor which is fact

You seem to have missed the point I was making.

Mistress-Death
You didn't have one to start with

PillarofOsiris
You didn't have one to start with

See what I mean?

Mistress-Death
You tried to use as a point/proof but failed hard

OneDumbG0
An "extended period of time"? Like how Thor fought Zeus FOR MONTHS without a winner? On this, Zeus and Thor's clash appeared to warp time around them such that time around them kept going while they were locked in an instant.

TheLordofMurder
Odin 1...Thanos 0.

TheLordofMurder
I love this line. Usually the first retort of the desperate. So because Odin could beat all of Asgard combined, Thanos can? Wow. Just...Wow. "Thanos went toe to toe with Odin." I'm so sick of this. Odin didn't look hurt at all after that fight. I mean, not one bit. Even though Thanos also had help remember. Though I do remember Thanos having a hard time getting up. Besides which, you do know that Thor went "toe to toe" with Zeus for MONTHS, right? So I guess by your logic Thor could beat all of Olympus by himself too?

Oh, let me guess, next you're going to bring up how Thanos knocked Galactus on his ass right? Guess what: Thor beat Galactus twice.

Look, I'm not saying Thor > Thanos. Hell, I don't even think Thor + Loki is > Thanos. But all of Asgard? With all their artifacts? That's just silly.

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Thanos did take on Odin by himself for an extended period of time and without a winner. Thanos has been upgraded since then. This is unkillable is Odin ?

Odin had mercy on Thanos...

Odin spared Thanos...

Odin made Thanos his punching bag...

Odin gave Thanos a beat down...

The following scan says it all:

TheLordofMurder
Thanos did take on Odin by himself for an extended period of time and without a winner.

Oh really?

Should we believe you, or someone with Thanos's memories of the fight?

Come on Quan, tell the truth, this Thanosi "remembers" the fight wrong...doesnt he?

laughing out loud

Happy Dance

quanchi112
Odin had mercy on Thanos...

Odin spared Thanos...

Odin made Thanos his punching bag...

Odin gave Thanos a beat down...

The following scan says it all: No, Odin respected him and in failing at defeating him gave him the chance to submit which he promptly turned down.

Oh really?

Should we believe you, or someone with Thanos's memories of the fight?

Come on Quan, tell the truth, this Thanosi "remembers" the fight wrong...doesnt he?

laughing out loud

Happy Dance That's a clone which doesn't override the on panel showing. Sorry.

quanchi112
An "extended period of time"? Like how Thor fought Zeus FOR MONTHS without a winner?

How long was that Odin / Thanos fight? Realistically? An hour? If that? Odin wasn't reeling. He wasn't hurt. It wasn't a fight as much as Odin wailing on Thanos for a time.

You're making a double standard.

Regardless, your logic of Odin can beat x, so Thanos can beat x is inherently flawed. Zeus has dominated Thor and is far above him in terms of power. This isn't the case with Thanos seeing as how he never defeated Thanos on panel unlike Zeus with Thor.

You are using one showing and ignoring the rest while I am using their only showing against each other that isn't using double standards.

Both bring different aspects to the table but Thanos has been upgraded so their fight is irrelevant. Upgrade, kiddo.

Horrificus
You said Loki and Thor combined with the norn stones. I think Thanos is a lot more powerful than these two coupled with this amp. Why should we not give Thanos his tech do we not give Iron Man his tech.

Thanos went toe to toe with Odin. Odin would wipe his ass with all of asgard in terms of power. The odinforce supplies asgard with it's power. Do you read comics ? Dude, seriously, you should stop lying about the Odin/Thanos fight. At this point, it is getting ridiculous.

He did NOT go toe to toe with Odin. He got beat up badly. He never had a chance. Nothing he did had ANY effect. He was thrown all over Asgard. Knocked through buildings, bashed until he was down on his knees and offered his life if he surrendered.

It took 2 pages to depict Thanos starting on his knees and finally struggling to get to his feet.

And, he only got to his feet because he was ALLOWED to.

That's the part you keep ignoring. He was down, the fight was over. Odin's mercy was offered while he stood over him, ready to land the final blow.

Then, Thanos was ALLOWED to struggle to his feet and stand.

He didn't stand due to is durability or strength. It wasn't because he was so tough, or because he was still in the fight.

It was because Odin left him alone and did nothing while Thanos struggled to his feet.

You are only hurting yourself and diminishing any standing you might have in this forum. If you want respect, you have to be honest and accept facts when they are in your face.

quanchi112
Dude, seriously, you should stop lying about the Odin/Thanos fight. At this point, it is getting ridiculous.

He did NOT go toe to toe with Odin. He got beat up badly. He never had a chance. Nothing he did had ANY effect. He was thrown all over Asgard. Knocked through buildings, bashed until he was down on his knees and offered his life if he surrendered.

It took 2 pages to depict Thanos starting on his knees and finally struggling to get to his feet.

And, he only got to his feet because he was ALLOWED to.

That's the part you keep ignoring. He was down, the fight was over. Odin's mercy was offered while he stood over him, ready to land the final blow.

Then, Thanos was ALLOWED to struggle to his feet and stand.

He didn't stand due to is durability or strength. It wasn't because he was so tough, or because he was still in the fight.

It was because Odin left him alone and did nothing while Thanos struggled to his feet.

You are only hurting yourself and diminishing any standing you might have in this forum. If you want respect, you have to be honest and accept facts when they are in your face. False. They traded blows with minimal to no visible damage until Odin whipped out gungir to gain a slight advantage. The fight ended without a winner and with Odin's respect for Thanos the size of a mountain. I am not the only one who holds onto these beliefs. Take your own advice.

TheLordofMurder
No, Odin respected him and in failing at defeating him gave him the chance to submit which he promptly turned down.

That's a clone which doesn't override the on panel showing. Sorry.

The Thanosi's memories of the fight are perfectly reflected here; The Thanosi remembered this happening to him at the hands of Odin:

TheLordofMurder
@Quanchi

Does that Thanosi remember the fight wrong?

Batman-Prime
Actually Thanosi on panel statement + an obvious beatdown from Odin on panel >>> the denials of an fan.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>