USH'S STAR WARS GAME- CAMPAIGN II EPISODE VI (LIGHT SIDE)- Missing Links

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak

Ushgarak

Tptmanno1
Roan looks around at all of the Jedi assembled, old and new. He gets some satisfaction from the seriousness with which his investigation is being treated, but he isn't completely calm. All of the recent incidents are swirling in his head. He has a bad feeling about all of it...

"I would have been very surprised if she had. All of my experiences with her indicate a woman who is incredibly focused."

Ushgarak
"Nonetheless," adds Mundi in his careful tones, "our interrogation has not proven pointless."

Tptmanno1
"Really? What did you learn?"

Ushgarak
"We have been trying an alternative approach with Katai," says Windu. "We've been exposing her to various stimuli related to the galaxy- news reports, people, places, music... we use some we know she has a connection to- from the planets she raided- and some that we have no reason to think she has had contact with. The Knight Trorn.."

"... mmmm...." mumbles Yoda. "Sensitive, that boy." Trorn has not been a boy for some time.

"... has been with her throughout, sensing her mind for any sign of recognition of the stimulus. Even the Dark Side can only cloud so much. We've built up a pattern of things she does and does not recognise or relate to."

Tptmanno1
"Have there been any useful revelations gained from this method?"

Ushgarak
"It was Master Yoda's idea to show her material related to Larios Kuylen," says Mundi. Yoda makes no comment.

Tptmanno1
Roan's stomach drops at the mention of Kuylen.

"What was her response?"

Ushgarak
"It quickly became clear that Katai knew Kuylen," says Mundi. "And from there, we established that Adelmo did also. It seems they were working together."

Bespin Bart
"Kuylen and Adelmo were in league?" Xeth chitters. "Well isn't that just brilliant. How did you suss that? Would Adelmo have been connected to any of the Mausoleum nonsense?"

Tptmanno1
"Damn. That is bad. Very very bad. Do you have any idea as to how much they were working together? Or even what their goal was?"

Ushgarak
No, they don't think she was connected to any of that. Kuylen didn't get the Mausoleum's location until after he came back to the galactic scene; he needed the star maps from Avalar and the astrolabe that Ascar owned.

"And of course, none of you found even the slightest mention of her or things related to her at that time," says Windu. "Nor have any traces been found at any part of the Damagran Confederacy, from Avalar to Jaglan Beta to Damagran itself. Nor is there any evidence she visited Dordellus. If she knew of Zeiton and Darth Demnos, she did not pursue it."

Mundi continues

"The link between Kuylen and Adelmo is a gap in our knowledge. But there has always been a sizeable gap in our knowledge about Kuylen's activities."

Brit
"Is it not a mystery what happened to him or where he went after he abdicated his position in the Order?" Jelena asks. "Or what even convinced him to turn to the Dark Side?"

Vera21
Vera-Kin is more concerned about Rand's involvement in the whole thing, wondering if there was any connection between Rand and Kuylen that she had missed or when Rand became mixed up with Adelmo.

She keeps quiet for now, musing.

Ushgarak
"These are indeed mysteries," says Mundi. "There is a long gap between his faked death and war in Damagran that exposed his existence. As a result of the mission to Damagran, we discovered one of his major operations was building up his triple alliance with Pelloran and Faylar; many of his followers were involved there. Yet it is also clear he had at least one other set of operations that we know very little of."

Jedireaper
Denzral shuffled his robe a bit standing to left and slightly behind Jelena. "What do we know?" He asked.

Alkaselzer
"What did that consist of?" Gallagher asks about the separate operations.

He is nervous about all of this and keeping D'an close.

Ushgarak
"We know very little. We know it involved a trade in artefacts, as he used to bring the pieces to Ascar for verification. We also know he was involved in many other cultures, like his extorted subjugation of the warrior people of Belseraphon. Much of it remains a mystery, but the artefact trade ties in with Adelmo's area of operations.

"We only have one possible lead to find out more. It's a lead we've had for some time, but we've never been able to make use of it. Now it is too important for us to avoid pressing the issue. Your orders in the first place are to go to Orbital Detention Centre One. It;s a Bureau facility in Coruscant orbit. There you must speak to Alik Saar- the one person from Kuylen's operations we have in custody, ever since Zeiton."

Rio Rio
Rast will have joined up with this merry band here. He probably did not work for Xeth since he tends to go it alone.

"What do we already know about this guy?" Rast asks. "How long have we had him locked up? Will he even want to talk to us?"

Tptmanno1
"Saar? I don't like that. But if thats our lead, lets go."

To Rast:
"Back when Xeth and I were chasing Kuylen (Xeth longer than I) Saar was a member of Kuylen Dark Jedi associates. He must have been captured relatively soon after Zeiton. I don't really know him too much, but as a Dark Jedi, he to be considered extremely dangerous. We should be very wary even talking to him."

Jedireaper
What was Saar particularly known for?

Ushgarak
Saar was Kuylen's most cerebral associate. He's a zabrak, though his background is entirely mysterious beyond that. He was closely involved with many of Kuylen's plans yet he was not present at Damagran, implying he was busying himself with Kuylen's other operations.

Saar is intelligent, thoughtful, good with the force... and exceptionally paranoid and merciless. He's a high-functioning sociopath.

Jovan
(just to say I'm also in the room, but considering I'm not up to date with the Kuylen thing, I won't talk)

Jazzman_78
Andro has had no dealings with Kuylen or his group directly, but he'd heard Roan's stories. Kuylen sounded very dangerous, but sane at least to a point. Crazy Force users were the most frightening beings in existence, and smart crazy ones were the worst. This is not going to be a fun mission, he couldn't help thinking to himself.
He leaned in close to his Padawan, Argo, "Keep your wits about you on this one. An insane Force user is among the most dangerous beings in the galaxy. Do not speak to him if you can avoid it, trust nothing he says no matter how trivial, and guard your emotions in his presence most of all."

Ushgarak
Now, there are some complications here involved with Saar's incarceration. The Council will pass you onto Trorn, who will give you the details, but your basic orders are to see if Saar can offer any useful information and use it to discover what it was Adelmo was doing with Kuylen. This, the Council hopes, will give valuable clues to Adelmo's intent today. If you can learn her intent, you can move to stop her.

Bespin Bart
Xeth is not totally pleased at having to investigate with Saar, and is definitely hoping that at no point will he be leaving this detention center.

However, he's more than happy to put a stop to Adelmo's plan, so he'll do as the Council asks. This time.

Ushgarak
Ok well, Trorn- a balding, middle aged Jedi with a gift for the Force- will first make it very clear that under no circumstances is Saar leaving ODC-1.

Tptmanno1
"I absolutely agree with you Trorn. No matter what, Saar is staying put."

Foreshadowing.... Wooo

(Predictive powers yet?)

Bespin Bart
"I am perfectly okay with that," Xeth says. "He doesn't need to go anywhere."

Xeth is curious about when ODC-1 was built and who else the Bureau keeps on board.

Ushgarak
Well, it's all rather complex.

Trorn now needs to explain to you guys the circumstances of Saar's incarceration. See... the problem is that... when Saar was brought in from Zeiton, there wasn't actually any basis for detaining him.

Jovan
how did they detain him until the prisoner was build? Some sort of anti-force field?

Ushgarak
There's no such thing. He was just kept under very heavy security, whilst they tried to find if he'd actually committed any indictable crimes.

"You see," says Trorn, "he didn't actually attack any Jedi, he wasn't present for any of Kuylen's earlier exploits within the Republic that we saw, and whatever he did on Zeiton was rather out of our jurisdiction. That whole mission wasn't actually sanctioned by the Council, as I am sure Roan and Xeth may remember. Of course, we were very much aware that he was an immensly dangerous man and was an integral part of Kuylen's plot against the Republic. It was essential he be brought to some kind of justice, but the situation gave us difficulties."

Tptmanno1
"So what did you end up doing with him?"

Ushgarak
"Well, we did actually manage to find some crimes he had committed in the past; several counts of forgery, breaking and entry and one murder. It was enough to get a conviction, though that itself was not easy as witnesses were not forthcoming.

"Once we had a conviction, the Chancellor's office stepped in. The Chancellor himself was very keen to help, aware that he had sent the Jedi team after Kuylen in the first place, and they had just introduced a set of new laws following that unpleasant episode on Malastare with Kuylen's followers clashing with Ascar's and, in turn, the Jedi. The new laws were designed to deal quickly with any future menace from Kuylen's followers, and from there it got extended to deal with any sort like him. That was the start of this Immigration Bureau we're hearing so much of these days; once they had the legal structure to deal with Dark Siders, travelling on an interstellar basis, they started to apply it to any such roaming criminals.

"But I digress. One of the laws dealt with the psychological evaluation of anyone suspected of being on the Dark Side. After all, it is a very reasonable point of view that being on the Dark Side is a form of insanity. Once convicted, Saar was liable to this law. The Bureau stepped in and saved us any further problems related to appeals or parole. They interred him indefinitely on psychological grounds... and it so happened they had just built a new structure to hold people interred under that law."

Tptmanno1
(Rather... errmm... convenient....)

Craft
"Well that's one way of handling it," Wentar says, finally speaking up. "Better then letting him run around, causing whatever chaos, out in the galaxy."

Ushgarak
"Well indeed. However, being sectioned means access privileges for Saar are exceptionally restricted. 'Non-existent' would be more exact; Saar has only had contact with his doctor throughout his entire detention. The Bureau is not happy with our paying a visit; we had to lean quite heavily to get access."

Mithlond
"And who is his doctor? What relationship does be have with him? How do we know the doctor is not being manipulated?" Iffa wonders.

Jedireaper
"A Force user, especially one like Saar, would not be detained so easily unless he allowed himself and wanted to remain incarcerated."

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Jedireaper
"A Force user, especially one like Saar, would not be detained so easily unless he allowed himself and wanted to remain incarcerated."

Force users are not indestructible; surround himn with enough people (including at all times before the Bureau took him, a Jedi) and thuy can't do much; even less when idsarmed.

Talking of which, he was in hospital for quite a while whilst the Jed had him; he was very badly injured on Zeiton. His arm was only just saved.

"His doctor's name is Domos Thule, an expert in this area. You'll be meeting him when you go to ODC-1; he runs the place. You should not be so mistrusting, Iffa. There is no means of incarceration where someone could not imagine issues. The Bureau feels that restricting his access to experts alone is safer.

"How exactly would he escape, Denz? He is held inside a very secure cell with enough security to keep in a small army, and even if he escapes that, there are no shuttles on ODC-1. He'd be trapped on the station until we got there to re-secure him."

Bespin Bart
"Yeah, I seem to remember that brutish thug that Kuylen employed trying to rip his arm off," Xeth says. "Saar surrendered to us, knowing his position was tenuous. He was injured and without help. The Dark Side fears death; makes sense."

Alkaselzer
"Is Doctor Thule going to be open to working with us?" Gallagher asks.

Ushgarak
"We know very little about Thule; we'll have to leave that in your hands."

Brit
"I'm sure we have little to worry about, if ODC-1 is so secure," Jelena says. "And I'm sure the Bureau will be willing to cooperate, despite the difficulties involved. They're investigating Katai as well, I believe, yes?"

Ushgarak
"They were aiding us locate her, but we are in control of that investigation."

Jedireaper
Denzral doesn't respond. If he has any thought or mind control Force powers, and any skill at manipulating people I am sure it could be done. He could Mind Trick his way off the station. Ha haa!

Ushgarak
With no ship? And the Mind Trick is not hypnosis.

Mithlond
Originally posted by Ushgarak
"We know very little about Thule; we'll have to leave that in your hands."

"But obviously knowing nothing about him was not an issue when putting him as one of the only people with access to a Dark Jedi? Forgive me Master, yet someone must have checked him out."

Ushgarak
Trorn's not a Master; you may poke him all you like.

"Do remember we are the police force, not the justice system," says Trorn. "it is not our job to dictate how prisoners are held. The Bureau took care of a very delicate situation for us."

Mithlond
Iffa would like a copy of Thule's file. If Trorn can't oblige Iffa will try either the Archives or Kit Fisto.

Ushgarak
What sort of file? The Jedi Archives keep history.

Mithlond
The information/report that someone must have compiled on him before they let him be the only person allowed to see Saar regularly.

Ushgarak
Nothing in there that Trorn hasn't told you. He was handed to the Bureau, not Thule specifically.

Mithlond
Before we meet Saar, I think it wise that we contact Thule.

I'm assuming Master Fisto has nothing further to add?

Jovan
The more we know about Saar before meeting him, the better. Perhaps some should even stay behind; I mean, those who are good at talking are needed but perhaps others will just get in the way or something?

Alkaselzer
Maybe Jovan could use his Senate contact to get us information on the Bureau. We don't know a lot about who we're dealing with. Just good to go in informed.

Otherwise, Gallagher has nothing further to ask. He is very curious about whether or not Saar will help.

Rio Rio
Contact with the doctor sounds good. Can my lawyer be of any help??

And maybe Rast has worked with the Bureau at all before? He hunts dangerous people like Saar (though maybe not Dark Jedi).

Ushgarak
Ok, if people want to check contacts and stuff, that's all good. It takes time though, and whilst you are doing that, Trorn has a recommendation for those wishing to know more about Saar. There's someone you can speak to- the witness who testified against him.

Nah, you guys have never hooked up with this Bureau thing. They are pretty new, but you are hearing more of them late.y

Tptmanno1
I'll ask who that witness would be, and I would very much like to speak to him/her.

Ushgarak
"Her name is Elzair, and she was the secretary to a certain Gene Lennah, an exceptionally rich corporate type. Lennah is a collector of artefacts and it seemed Saar took an interest in them. Saar befriended Elzair as a way to get to Lennah's collection and steal parts of it. She testified about her part in helping him get access in return for immunity; she was also able to speak about the security guard he murdered in the process."

Jazzman_78
Andro wil use this Time to visit with his mentor, Master Tinn. He'll of course be taking Argo. Foremost on Andro's mind is to see what Tinn thingks of the progress he's made since the... 'Seinar Incident', as he's taken to thinking of it.

Andro has worked hard to correct his thinking, and has done so fairly well. The charge of a Padawan proves the council has little to no doubt in his mntal stability, but Anxro is curious to see what opinion Wise Saesee may have on his development since.

He figures it also wouldn't hurt to get his take on the current mission, and the various characters they're be dealing with.

Tptmanno1
Well I will want to go talk to Elzair.
I will also ask Sunda what he things of this situation, especially the sort of shaky justice system that was used to put Saar behind bars.

Ushgarak
Ok, last call for other people wanting to use Merits, else you are off with Roan to see Elzair.

Jedireaper
I don't have much online time right now (wish things were moving a little slower). I will be online later. I will catch up then. Sorry guys.

Bespin Bart
Nothing has even happened yet...

Xeth will get in touch with Gralus and see what the Taloraanians think about the Bureau, if they think anything at all.

Jedireaper
In that case Denz will go and get Soapy, or at least Soapys replacement, maybe an R2 unit in that case, and upload Soapy's memories to him. And while I am at it see what the Jedi Archives say about the Bureau's past maybe.

Jovan
If I use my merit, will it be "disabled" for the rest of the play?

Ushgarak
Nope.

Craft
I have no merits that seem appropriate to this situation right now so Wentar's off to see Elzair with Roan!

Jovan
ok, in that case I don't see why I shouldn't use my contact... how did the bureau got into existence, who's the boss (before and behind the screen), what's their goal, do they seem "legit" (as in, are there rumors they are covering things up), ...
?

Jedireaper
Oddly enough that was what I was gonna look for... heh. But you go ahead in my place.

Brit
Jelena will go with Roan.

Mithlond
This is before we see the doctor, correct?

If so, Iffa will drop in on Master Fisto.

Ushgarak
Elzair is a woman in her late 20s currently living in a Coruscant apartment. You are outside her door; how will you proceed?

Sunda thinks the word of the Jedi on Saar's threat should have been all that was needed.

-

Jovan- the Bureau was created as a result of new laws that came in after Kuylen caused a certain amount of devastation on Malastare (Xeth was present). The Jedi did not fully contain the situation and many died. Kuylen and his cronies fled and it became clear that the Republic lacked the structure to trace such criminals moving between worlds- the Republic is made up of sovereign worlds and if they do not co-operate with each other, many criminals can escape justice just by moving to a planet that does not recognise the jurisidction of the original world. The Jedi are the only 'federal' force around and there are not enough of them.

Its full name is the Bureau of Immigration and Undesirables. Its budget is invested into administration and advanced sensor systems; the idea is that they will identify and track dangerous criminals trying to move between worlds. A sensor net has been set up all over the galaxy to track the movement of certain marked ships (and it is now an offence to change or remove your ship's identification tag). Offenders are picked up at the immigration offices they have opened all over the galaxy. This netowrk located Kara Katai for you, last episode

The Republic is rather de-centralised and resistant to central authority, but the deaths on Malastare got the Bureau vote passed through. It was Palpatine himself that proposed t. it is run by Supervising Agents, with their own uniforms, and ultimately responsible to a Senatorial committee. It is as legitimate as they come.

The Archives have little to add; the Bureau is recent. They note the Bureau's part in catching Katai and also their interest in finding any remaining associates of Kuylen, as part of the legacy of Malastare. Similarly, they have also requested all files on known Dark Siders from the Jedi; the Bureau deals with all criminal types but there is this particular idea of trying to remove the Dark Side as a problem ever since Malastare and the bureau is keen to learn all it can, Hence ODC-1 being purpose-built for such criminals.

-

The Taloraanians know very little about the Bureau, except they quite often get criminal updates coming through about them and they are required to send certain sorts of information about space traffic in their sector. Every so often, an Agent comes along to check if their immigration procedures are up to scratch.

-

Tinn thinks you are doing just fine, Andro! But a question for you.

"Saar is the intellectual sort. What have you learned about dealing with clever Dark Siders?"

-

Rast- your lawyer will tell you that the Bureau has tremendous legal powers. Their Agents have the power of arrest if (and only if), chasing a known interstellar criminal, which gives them the same authority as a Jedi in such circumstances. Beyond that, they have the power to levy enormous fines or penal sentences on any person or organisation that is thought to be obstructing their progress. Objections to the power of the Bureau have been part of the recent political divisions with the outer worlds that spilled into the recent riots and the growing independence movement.

It is by far the most legally powerful organisation in the Republic bar the Jedi themselves, and with much more manpower. Obviously they lack your martial prowess and general reputation, and they didn't make waves over Katai as they knew that only the Jedi could have caught her- in theory, nothing obligated them to aid Xeth and the others catching her; they could have kept the case internal.

But your lawyer friend will point out... you as Jedi can hardly complain about the power they have. The Jedi's is greater and there is nothing remotely democratic about the process by which you get them- the Jedi choose and train their own

"Of course, you gave that authority up," he adds. "Hope you aren't regretting that."

-

What did you want to ask Fisto about, Iffa?

Digi
Is...is this me?

Ushgarak
As in the thread you should be posting in? Yup!

Rio Rio
Wow okay he was helpful, cool.

"That is part of the reason I have you," Rast will say to his lawyer (I need to name him). "I can't imagine they're good at catching anyone with Jedi powers. Not as good as the Jedi anyway."

Tptmanno1
(Heh, that statement is great Rand, as that is exactly what they are designed to do... You should go ask the darkies about "Osokans"...)

Peach
(Darkie popping in here to say "**** THE BUREAU AND THOSE GODDAMN PIGS".)

Jovan
Sounds like a good Bureau though I can easily see it going bad with a few corrupt people ... Is there a hint of corruption of cover up that we can figure out through the contact?

Ushgarak
Not that he knows of. He also says what you say sounds pretty true of the Jedi as well- seeing as a fallen Jedi (Kuylen) prompted all this.

Digi
As in the thread you should be posting in? Yup!

...hrn. Late to the party as usual. Give me until the weekend. I'll catch up with ya'll then.

Jovan
Not that he knows of. He also says what you say sounds pretty true of the Jedi as well- seeing as a fallen Jedi (Kuylen) prompted all this.
he got me there

more reason to be sure the bureau is straight, right?

Ushgarak
As far as he knows. It's a young organisation and hard to say, and is anything in the Republic immune to corruption?

"Jedi are a breed apart- more moral than we deserve, and if one of you goes bad it is at least damn obvious. Bureau agents are just normal people like myself, with all their possible flaws."

Jovan
all persons have flaws, if it happens with a jedi or a high placed senator, it catches the eye of course

that's why we should do our best to keep our moral compass straight

Mithlond
Iffa would like to ask Master Fisto what the word is on the Council about Saar, and if there is any background or concerns regarding the doctor.

Ushgarak
Well, the Council passed all the details onto Trorn and hence through to you. Of course, they've always wanted thr full story from Saar, but he was not prepared to talk when first caught and they've had no real grounds to request access to him in the years since his capture. That has now changed.

As for the doctor- none of the council knows him. He's well accredited though.

Mithlond
So who was it that authorised him to work with Saar?

Ushgarak
What exactly do you mean by authorised? He's an expert in his field and qualified to work with the criminally insane.

Mithlond
I mean that Saar is a dangerous Force user; have they chosen an expert randomly out of the phone book? I am assuming checks were made on him before allowing him to treat Saar.... Just to check he's not a secret Sith sympathiser or something. I'd just like to know who did those checks, see the report and get something of his background.

Ushgarak
The Bureau performs those checks, presumably.

Mithlond
And we or Master Fisto can't ask to see them?

Ushgarak
To see what? The checks they made? On what grounds?

Mithlond
Are they not public documents?

If not, I would ask to see them on the grounds that the Jedi are to meet with Saar and I am looking at all available background evidence.

Ushgarak
He doubts they are public; they would contain confidential information,

"You;ll have to ask Dr. Thule that yourself" says Tinn. "We don't have grounds to request the info, and they won;t like it any more than we would if they asked for a background check on you without cause."

Mithlond
"Thank you Master," replies Iffa. "Do the Council sense anything untoward about the Doctor?"

Ushgarak
"Not at all. Nor has it occurred to us to check. You should be careful, Iffa. A suspicious mind is fertile ground for the Dark Side- the likes of Saar will enjoy it. I've met a Bureau agent. For sure, if I have any worries, it is not about their dedication."

Mithlond
"Of course you are correct, Master. I will be mindful of my suspicions. As Thule is the only person accessing Saar, I was more concerned for his safety. Do you have any advice in dealing with Saar?"

Ushgarak
"To be very careful. He will only want to help himself, which he cannot do by outright lying, but he will seek advantage wherever he can."

Jedireaper
Denzral would like to find out about their hiring process, how and where they select their agents from, what kind of tests these agents must go through, what kind of training they receive. That kind of stuff.

Brit
What does Essallin think about it? Jelena disagrees with Sunda, and is glad that they found something to detain Saar with.

Jelena will knock lightly on Elzair's door and wait for her to answer. When she does, Jelena will speak, if Roan doesn't mind.

"Are you Elzair?" Jelena asks politely.

Brit
Though Roan, obviously I want to know how you want to handle this too.

Tptmanno1
Gently, I don't want to scare her off or anything, but I don't know how she's gonna take two jedi showing up asking about the time she testified against a dark jedi....

Rio Rio
Rast probably got everything he wanted from his lawyer. Does anyone want him to do anything other than make sure he has all his stuff and is ready to go see Saar?

Ushgarak
Elzair- dark haried and not unattractive- opens the door and immediately freaks out when she sees who you are.

"Oh my god! He's escaped, hasn't he?"

-

Indeed, you can be prepping for your Saar visit. You'll be taking a surface shuttle up; very few ships are allowed contact with ODC-1.

Tptmanno1
"No, not at all ma'am. He's still locked away. I am Roan Trilanger, This is my colleague and friend Jelena, and our Padawans Essalin and Sunda. We are in the process of another investigation, and we have reason to believe that Saar may have been involved. Do you mind if we come in and ask you a few questions about the Saar and the trial?"

Ushgarak
"What? Why? What's he done? What's he going to do?"

She's terrified, Roan.

Tptmanno1
"Its ok ma'am, its something that happend long in the past. You aren't in any danger."

Brit
Jelena is not surprised by Elzair's reaction, and simply waits for Roan to calm her down.

Jazzman_78
-

Tinn thinks you are doing just fine, Andro! But a question for you.

"Saar is the intellectual sort. What have you learned about dealing with clever Dark Siders?"

-

"I've learned not to trust them, that they will manipulate you however they can, both for their advantage and their amusement. Seinar talked me right to the edge of murder, using seemingly infallible logic. He knew what I wanted, how frustrated we all were at his machinations, and he told me exactly how to achieve it. He showed me the Easy Path, and I almost took it. This in spite of Yours and Yoda's teachings, throughout my Jedi training, cautioning me against choosing the Easy Path..."

Andro stares for a moment at an empy portion of wall, "The scariest part of it all it was his own murder he was encouraging."

He finishes his answer to Master Tinn, but speaks to his Padawan, Argo.

"The most dangerous weapons these types of Dark Siders possess is their mind and their mouth."

Ushgarak
Elzair sits, shaking slightly.

"After what he said." she says. "Couldn't you have called ahead? You frightened the hell out of me."

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Jazzman_78
"I've learned not to trust them, that they will manipulate you however they can, both for their advantage and their amusement. Seinar talked me right to the edge of murder, using seemingly infallible logic. He knew what I wanted, how frustrated we all were at his machinations, and he told me exactly how to achieve it. He showed me the Easy Path, and I almost took it. This in spite of Yours and Yoda's teachings, throughout my Jedi training, cautioning me against choosing the Easy Path..."

Andro stares for a moment at an empy portion of wall, "The scariest part of it all it was his own murder he was encouraging."

He finishes his answer to Master Tinn, but speaks to his Padawan, Argo.

"The most dangerous weapons these types of Dark Siders possess is their mind and their mouth."

"No-one trusts a Dark Sider, Andro," says Tinn. "But the clever ones use that to their advantage,. What did I tell you marks out a great liar from merely a good one?"

Brit
"Our apologies, Elzair," Jelena says. "We didn't mean to startle you."

Ushgarak
"Well you did!" She sighs. "What did you want to know?"

Mithlond
Were we going to see the Doctor first? Iffa would like to.

Ushgarak
That's kinda inbuilt; the Doctor runs ODC-1.

Jedireaper
If my question wasn't important in the slightest, I can understand being ignored. If my question has already been answered, someone could at least tell me.

Jazzman_78
"No-one trusts a Dark Sider, Andro," says Tinn. "But the clever ones use that to their advantage,. What did I tell you marks out a great liar from merely a good one?"

"I do Master. A master of lies can trick you, even though you know him to be a liar. 'trust' was a poor choice of words. What I meant was never take their words at face value."

Craft
(Bleh, stupid busy TAFE keeping me stupid busy.)

Wentar is with Roan and Jelena.

"Whatever you can tell us, really," Wentar says. "One of the things I'd like to know just what it was about Lennah's collection that Saar was interested in?"

Ushgarak
She doesn't know. Mr. Lennah is an extremely private individual and very protective of his property; Elzair never saw it. She knew it was antiques, is all.

-

Sorry, Denz. Where do you plan to find that stuff out from?

-

"Quite so, Andro. You must try to stay aware of how they are planning to trick you. What seems to be the trick is often not so. Take Sienar- a fatal illness hidden behind a debilitating one. A bid for destruction hidden behind a bid for power. He was never doing what you thought he was and kept you looking the wrong way.

"But Saar is in a prison cell. His options are limited. You should not fear him."

Jedireaper
I was hoping the Star Wars version of the internet? Or Denz could ask- Trorn was it?

Ushgarak
You don't find much about it on any sort of info-net, Denz; they are not very well known in general, dealing as they do only with higher government levels.

Trorn's not entirely sure; the Bureau handles its own training entirely, based on Coruscant. He thinks the agents are picked from all areas of the galaxy; there was some sort of talent-scouting operation when it started up.

Jazzman_78

"Quite so, Andro. You must try to stay aware of how they are planning to trick you. What seems to be the trick is often not so. Take Sienar- a fatal illness hidden behind a debilitating one. A bid for destruction hidden behind a bid for power. He was never doing what you thought he was and kept you looking the wrong way.

"But Saar is in a prison cell. His options are limited. You should not fear him."

"Yes, thank the Force for that. But we will be wary regardless. Thank you Master."

Rio Rio
Do we know how successful they have been at tracking down evil doers? Or how they actually do it after they use that sensor network thing to find them?

Ushgarak
No, they aren't the action types; they do the background work. They located Katai for the Jedi last story- she never would have been caught without them- but the Jedi made the capture. The Agents are well trained in many legal and investigative areas, but it's not a combat school.

Brit
Jelena thinks it would be helpful if Elzair could recount her entire relationship with Saar. Maybe from there Jelena can pick out what information they can use.

Jedireaper
This organization is a bit like Cor-Sec then. Plenty of investigators, but they have a small private army to back up it's authority.

Ushgarak
No it is not (it is not tied to one planet) and no they don't (where did you get that idea from?)

-

That could take forever, Jelena- better if you ask pertinent questions.

Brit
How did she first come into contact with Saar?

Jedireaper
Well I assume they have some form or branch for security else- who is manning ODC-1? And I mean they are like Cor-Sec in how they operate I wasn't refering to being tied down to one planet. That one was a given.

Ushgarak
You guess they hire security guards for ODC-1.

-

Saar met her socially and befriended her. Of course, she knows now that that was no coincidence.

Rio Rio
Yeah I'm interested in how they capture anyone if they don't use the Jedi all the time and they're background types. Though it's cool that they worked with us to capture someone.

Ushgarak
They tip off local law enforcement. The Bureau was designed to solve the problem of there being no interstallar tracking of such criminals- finding and tracking them was the issue, rather than the sharp end. If need be, they can indeed just call the Jedi.

Tptmanno1
(I want to work up to what Saar said to her that make her so afraid, but I don't want to freak her out.)

I'll ask her what he was like when he befriended her. Did he ask for her to do things for him? In retrospect, what does she think he wanted from her?

Ushgarak
Saar was immensely charming, and full of tales from distant worlds and cultures- he was exceptionally well travelled. Elzair admits she looks very silly; she thought she was in love but she was just bewitched. he always seemed to know the right things to say to her.

It was a long time before he asked favours, and he spent a long time building up his story first, about how he wanted to check if Lennah was storing ancient monuments stolen from Saar's homeworld.

Brit
Might not be relevant, but where did Saar claim to be from?

How did she respond to his story? And when he did start asking for favors, what were they normally?

Ushgarak
Hard to claim otherwise; he's a Zabrak.

All he asked was for her to get him into Lennah's offices.

Brit
How did she respond that initially? And what happened when she let him in?

Bespin Bart
Xeth got what the Taloraanians know about the Bureau. How do they feel about them?

Definitely useful, though. We wouldn't have gotten a shot at Katai without them.

Alkaselzer
Can Gallagher talk to Master Korth? After his encounters on Mandragos and Thalos with the Dark Side, Gallagher is nervous about what is likely to bring them into further contact with it. He is concerned about how he himself will handle it.

He also wants to see how D'an feels about things- how Saar was detained, what he thinks of the Bureau, how he feels about the group going to talk to Saar.

Jedireaper
Okay I am satisfied that for now, the Bureau is a great little niche operation that is an excellent aid to any force throughout the Republic. Most especially the Jedi.

Ushgarak
Korth says that conquering your past is an essential part of your understanding of the Force. It didn't end with Sienar's death- it will likely never end. You should see Saar as an opportunity, not a worry.

D'an can't think of any better solution- what else could be done with a monster like Saar?

-

Elzair didn't really have any objection to Saar's plan because his reasons for it seemed good- he just wanted a look. She wasn't meant to stick with him when he went to check things out but she heard a noise and went to investigate, worried about him. That's when she saw him kill the guard. The alarm was raised by that point and if he hadn't needed to escape, she guesses he would have killed her as well.

-

They've barely encountered the Bureau, Xeth, so they have no opinion.

Brit
How did he kill the guard?

Did she find out afterward if anything had gone missing from Lennah's collection?

Ushgarak
He throttled him.

Well she knows something was, but she was out of a job after that, and Lennah took it up from there.

Brit
Did Saar ever mention that he was working with others? Or what he planned to do if he "found" what he was looking for in Lennah's collection?

Ushgarak
Well, he said he was planning to repatriate it, but she knows in retrospect that wasn't true.

Brit
Unfortunately.

Did he mention anything in particular that he was looking for, or did he keep everything veiled under that lie?

Ushgarak
No- Saar was an exceptionally careful speaker. He constructed a fiction when talking to her and never deviated from its internal logic for one moment. He was entirely different from the Saar she saw later at the trial.

Brit
What was he like at the trial?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>