Best out of character feat.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

rotiart
Based upon average showings... What feat seems way out of character. And which one tips this list... Basically like a PIS moment...

Case in point: when Nate grey is moving at the rate of Planck time...
And Ares was able to interact with Nate as if he could also more at that speed.

If you don't know what Planck time is... Imagine the small frame of measurement you can for time... Planck time is basically that.

Existere
Plastic Man stalemating Fernus and being entirely immune to his telepathy is probably a good example, seeing as I think he was communicating with J'onn or Arthur telepathically soon after, and definitely was in the past... mmm

Existere
Also Magneto amping up to Cl. 100 levels and breaking Hercules' bear hug.

rotiart
Was that among himself? Or simply using his magnetism To use his own armor to repel Hercules. I would imagine that makes more sense then magneto being super strong.

Or as another though...
Cyclops would has shown limited if any telepathic powers sealing away the void in his own mind when Emma couldn't do it, by claiming it was due to his years of psionically being linked to his woman.

Sr J-Bieb
Silver Surfer one shotting Rune with the IG

Stoic
01 Sentry's death.
02 Krona being more powerful than the IG and several other very powerful objects, yet getting beaten by Hal.
03 The Champion being beaten by She Hulk.
04 Colossus being cut open like a tin can, when this never happened to him in the past.

Originally posted by Existere

Actually it was stated that Magneto was a class 100 in one of his bio's, I've just never witnessed him physically lifting huge objects. Maybe he can augment his body with magnetism using the iron in his blood?

hunbu04
Ares was not moving at the same speed. The gods can see through other dimension and through time. Remember in incredible hercules. Hercules took kid zeus to the cosmic axis but zeus only saw a building until hercules told him to see like a god and not a mortal because to the mortal eyes the cosmic axis was just a building but through the eyes of a god it was atlas holding the heaven, the world tree and etc.

leonidas

so, how's the rehab coming? and, huh, is that how you saw that scene? i always thought he simply used the metal in his cloak to cause it to expand beyond herc's grip...

anywho, dd taking down creel was a good one. dd vs ultron was another.

Prep-Man
Orion creating the Genesis Box to jump start the universe. Seeing tech is an extension of the New Gods im not sure if thats out of place.

Existere
Originally posted by leonidas
so, how's the rehab coming? and, huh, is that how you saw that scene? i always thought he simply used the metal in his cloak to cause it to expand beyond herc's grip...

anywho, dd taking down creel was a good one. dd vs ultron was another. Rehab is coming. I'm spending my days solidly drugged, interspersing walking with a back brace (which is tiring, jeeze) with catching up on tv, comics and other mindless entertainment. Recovery, come at me.

As for Mags, yeah, the metal cloak would make sense, it's all kind of ambiguous. He also has feats of going h2h with Colossus, and there are bios that rank him as super strong... all back in the day stuff though.

Existere
Originally posted by Stoic
04 Colossus being cut open like a tin can, when this never happened to him in the past.
What a great feat for Peter haermm

-Pr-
Originally posted by rotiart
Was that among himself? Or simply using his magnetism To use his own armor to repel Hercules. I would imagine that makes more sense then magneto being super strong.

Or as another though...
Cyclops would has shown limited if any telepathic powers sealing away the void in his own mind when Emma couldn't do it, by claiming it was due to his years of psionically being linked to his woman.

In fairness, Cyclops grew up around telepaths, and could very easily have a way of looking at things that a telepath wouldn't. And it wasn't the entire Void, tbh.

He certainly has the willpower.

Existere
Oh yeah, plus Mags' couple feats showing off his 'psionic potential'.

Galan007
Rehab is coming. I'm spending my days solidly drugged, interspersing walking with a back brace (which is tiring, jeeze) with catching up on tv, comics and other mindless entertainment. Recovery, come at me.

As for Mags, yeah, the metal cloak would make sense, it's all kind of ambiguous. He also has feats of going h2h with Colossus, and there are bios that rank him as super strong... all back in the day stuff though. You get injured?

-Pr-
Rehab is coming. I'm spending my days solidly drugged, interspersing walking with a back brace (which is tiring, jeeze) with catching up on tv, comics and other mindless entertainment. Recovery, come at me.

As for Mags, yeah, the metal cloak would make sense, it's all kind of ambiguous. He also has feats of going h2h with Colossus, and there are bios that rank him as super strong... all back in the day stuff though.

Hope its sooner rather than later man.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Galan007
You get injured?

We arm-wrestled. You can predict the rest.

psycho gundam
you lost and tried to run him over after

Existere
You get injured? Yeah, I fell like three stories. Fractured five vertebrae, broke three ribs and my right collarbone.

Like a boss. ermmnoneOriginally posted by -Pr-
Hope its sooner rather than later man. Haha thanks dude, I appreciate it. Every day gets solidly easier - I'll be fully recovered soon enough, just a matter of weeks.

Existere
Hmm, I think Forge used magic once or something. That probably qualifies for this thread.

Also that time that Animal Man, Vixen and some rando combined their powers to make a new universe...

Man, there are tons of these.

JakeTheBank
Thor effectively killing Thing in Fear Itself. It's certainly within his capabilities to do so, but it's OOC, at least for my tastes.

rotiart
Originally posted by -Pr-
In fairness, Cyclops grew up around telepaths, and could very easily have a way of looking at things that a telepath wouldn't. And it wasn't the entire Void, tbh.

He certainly has the willpower.

He constructed a mental prison by his self. When in his history has he done anything even remotely close to that?

This thread wasn't meant for fairness. It was more. You can lift one one ton in virtually 100 comics and suddenly you are supporting a falling building kind of feats...

Case in point captain America.

-Pr-
He constructed a mental prison by his self. When in his history has he done anything even remotely close to that?

This thread wasn't meant for fairness. It was more. You can lift one one ton in virtually 100 comics and suddenly you are supporting a falling building kind of feats...

Case in point captain America.

It was stated in the comic that it hadn't been the first time he'd done something like that, so I don't find it that unbelievable tbh.

In the spirit of this thread, I don't think it's applicable. Especially since it's been mentioned that Cyclops has pretty impressive willpower before.

Philosophía
Based upon average showings... What feat seems way out of character. And which one tips this list... Basically like a PIS moment...

If you don't know what Planck time is... Imagine the small frame of measurement you can for time... Planck time is basically that. The fact that you didn't understand that scene doesn't mean it's PIS.

It had nothing to do with speed, or reaction time.

BUSTER1
Spiderman beating Firelord

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Thor effectively killing Thing in Fear Itself. It's certainly within his capabilities to do so, but it's OOC, at least for my tastes.

considering that Thor's killed someone in most if not all major events, who's to say its OOC for Thor? If we also consider the fact that he's a warrior who's been killing his enemies since ages past, its more like it should be in his character to go killing off his enemies rather than just beating them senseless.

rotiart

Galan007
Yeah, I fell like three stories. Fractured five vertebrae, broke three ribs and my right collarbone.

Like a boss. ermmnone I'm sure they've talked to you about this already, but.... Suicide isn't your only option, man. sadhug

Galan007
As for this thread: Batman shooting Darkseid. ermm

leonidas
hmm, i may have misunderstood the purpose of the thread. if we're looking for just out of character moments as opposed to feats that typically extend beyond the character's usual limits, that scene where spidey rips off that woman's face would certainly exemplify this topic....

i also agree the thor/thing fight would qualify very well.

"Id"
Please explain the scene then. Wasnt Nate moving at Planck speed or in Planck time? The way I remember it ares interacted with Nate and Nate was surprised he could
No... Nate was never surprised Ares could follow him.

If you don't know what Planck time is... Imagine the small frame of measurement you can for time... Planck time is basically that.

Its a metaphysical state. Nate steps out of time, and can view unfolding chronological timelines when steps into the Planck length.

Really he does not need step out of time, and shift into Planck Length. As he is able to view these timelines in the physical world. That was more or less Nate taking Mimic on a field trip to explain how his powers work.

It shouldn't be surprising that Ares was able to follow Nate. As Ares has shown the ability to shift between dimension. And moments earlier Nate pointed out that elements of Ares godly essence, exists across all dimensions, at all points of time.

Existere
I'm sure they've talked to you about this already, but.... Suicide isn't your only option, man. sadhug Haha. ermm Those conversations with the docs were the most awkward. They were like "so were you trying to hurt yourself?" and I had to explain "no, I'm just a dumbass".

I'm back to being confused as to what this thread is really about.

leonidas
Haha. ermm Those conversations with the docs were the most awkward. They were like "so were you trying to hurt yourself?" and I had to explain "no, I'm just a dumbass".

I'm back to being confused as to what this thread is really about.

it's the meds. wait, that wouldn't explain my confusion. confused

leonidas
Originally posted by "Id"
No... Nate was never surprised Ares could follow him.

Its a metaphysical state. Nate steps out of time, and can view unfolding chronological timelines when steps into the Planck length.

Really he does not need step out of time, and shift into Planck Length. As he is able to view these timelines in the physical world. That was more or less Nate taking Mimic on a field trip to explain how his powers work.

It shouldn't be surprising that Ares was able to follow Nate. As Ares has shown the ability to shift between dimension. And moments earlier Nate pointed out that elements of Ares godly essence, exists across all dimensions, at all points of time.

laughing out loud

so you don't view it as a speed feat any longer? yee-haw! big grin

Galan007
Haha. ermm Those conversations with the docs were the most awkward. They were like "so were you trying to hurt yourself?" and I had to explain "no, I'm just a dumbass".

I'm back to being confused as to what this thread is really about. Heh, yeah they gave me that same talk when I f*cked up royally and sliced the back of my wrist (vertically, of course) on a table saw.

When you're drifting in/out of consciousness and highly medicated, it's pretty hard to intelligently explain that you made a 'suicidally perfect' incision on your wrist by accident. ermm

leonidas
Heh, yeah they gave me that same talk when I f*cked up royally and sliced the back of my wrist (vertically, of course) on a table saw.

When you're drifting in/out of consciousness and highly medicated, it's pretty hard to intelligently explain that you made a 'suicidally perfect' incision on your wrist by accident. ermm

don't worry, now you have kids you'll have opportunities for lots more practice to hone those skills. ermm

"Id"
laughing out loud

so you don't view it as a speed feat any longer? yee-haw! big grin
Yeah sorta.

I am falling back to how I viewed it at first. Stepping out, and entering its own time bubble. In that sense he could weaponize the effect, in a similar fashion to Hunter Zolomon. Ironically enough Cable has done so on X-Man. He called it shifting in between moments.
http://i.imgur.com/6EUYU.jpg

Existere
'suicidally perfect' Ha. Now there's an awkward phrase to hear from your doctor.

Existere
The couple times that Juggernaut has used his powers to do something more exotic than punch and run probably qualify for this thread. I think he used Cyttorak's power to shrink somebody once... and of course there's the forcefield he used against Thor.

Galan007
don't worry, now you have kids you'll have opportunities for lots more practice to hone those skills. ermm If she breaks one more thing, I'll be about there...

....stick out tongue

Ha. Now there's an awkward phrase to hear from your doctor. You have no idea how embarrassed I was... And all my family was there right when he said it.

Good times. ermm

Philosophía
Please explain the scene then. Wasnt Nate moving at Planck speed or in Planck time? The way I remember it ares interacted with Nate and Nate was surprised he could Planck time is a place outside time's normal flow which Nate is able to enter into, and which Ares is able to percieve due to his status. It has nothing to do with either of their reaction time or combat speed.

Existere

Galan007
^ Didn't that happen shortly after the F4 used 'Planck temperature' to defeat the Marquis of Death? Seems like Marvel was really Planck-happy at the time. ermm

rotiart

Philosophía
Man, that whole scene was just dumb, especially in context of the event. Nate's inclusion in that story didn't add a whole lot, and the occasional attempts to revamp Ares' 'god of war' role were obviously in vain given that he got ripped apart by Sentry shortly after.

And 'planck time' was just unnecessary. Originally posted by Galan007
^ Didn't that happen shortly after the F4 used 'Planck temperature' to defeat the Marquis of Death? Seems like Marvel was really Planck-happy at the time. ermm Wikipedia - helping comic writers seem smart since 2001.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by JakeTheBank

Very much agreed... Regular Ben has been hit in the chest with Mjollnir being thrown at him by THOR in the past and it just knocked him down, it didn't even knock him out.

Ben now being amped as Angir was at least 2X as powerful as regular Ben and there is no way Mjollnir not being being thrown at him but, just returning to THOR should go right through him and kiling him...

BS running rampent on that one big time.

sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=6EvlVK7PPZk&feature=endscreen

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
considering that Thor's killed someone in most if not all major events, who's to say its OOC for Thor? If we also consider the fact that he's a warrior who's been killing his enemies since ages past, its more like it should be in his character to go killing off his enemies rather than just beating them senseless.

For the vast majority of his existence, Thor has been portrayed as being opposed to killing for the most part. Only in rare examples has Thor killed someone, and usually it was because he had no other choice. Asgardians aren't like their vikings worshipers; they abhor senseless killing and generally take all steps to avoid it if possible. It's part of the reason the Asgardians left Midgard to their own devices. Killing is even more frowned upon in Midgard.

Thor didn't want to kill Sentry after he laid waste to Asgard and killed his brother, but instead wanted him to face imprisonment and trial. I find that even portrayed as overly aggressive as he is nowadays courtesy to Fraction, Thor's way too easily provoked to kill, even when it's "necessary". He's battled plenty of possessed or mind controlled allies and friends and refused to slay them, even when things were dire. Him mortally wounding Ben, no matter what the circumstances, seem OOC to me.

Originally posted by Tony Stark
Very much agreed... Regular Ben has been hit in the chest with Mjollnir being thrown at him by THOR in the past and it just knocked him down, it didn't even knock him out.

Ben now being amped as Angir was at least 2X as powerful as regular Ben and there is no way Mjollnir not being being thrown at him but, just returning to THOR should go right through him and kiling him...

BS running rampent on that one big time.

sick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=6EvlVK7PPZk&feature=endscreen

Like I said, I think it's certainly within Thor's power to one shot kill Ben, amped or not, but the fact he actually did it is what strikes me as off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.