Who are the smartest top tiers in comics?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Id say Majestic and Superman are at the top. Oh, and Orion as well. Any others?

Badabing
Depends on what you mean by top tier. WWH had Banner's intellect but Hulk may not fit your definition of top tier.

Captain Marvel has the wisdom of Solomon which grants him access to much knowledge but that may not mean smart in your context.

Tony Stark is smart but I'm not sure what you mean by top tier.

Surfer with his cosmic awareness. GL with the data stored in his power ring.

It would be easier to define with some parameters other than top tier.

So...I'm gonna say Batman!

janus77
Doom with Surfer's powers!

Badabing
Originally posted by janus77
Doom with Surfer's powers! Yes, even that depowered Doom was still top tier. 313

janus77
Originally posted by Badabing
Yes, even that depowered Doom was still top tier. 313
At least you're being more realistic about Batman these days, Top Tier is pretty much his class.

Badabing
Originally posted by janus77
At least you're being more realistic about Batman these days, Top Tier is pretty much his class. I said Batman...not the actual Batgod!

Tony Stark
Reed with the IG...

Checkmate

cool

Prep-Man
i mean by scientific feats/ inventions. power amps/arrifacts dont count in here. regular top tiers/heralds only.

Tony Stark
IGless Reed is herald level

Prep-Man
forgot Lobo. Hes practically a super genius.

JakeTheBank
Doom.

Existere
I'm still confused by what constitutes a 'top tier'. Are we only picking from high heralds, or are you asking who the smartest herald-or-under people are?

dmills
Majestic

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Existere I'm still confused by what constitutes a 'top tier'. Are we only picking from high heralds, or are you asking who the smartest herald-or-under people are?

guys like surfer, thor, superman, etc...

Bouboumaster
If Iron Man is a top tier, than it's him. If not, it's Hulk (lol) because of the intellect of Banner.
Stark and Banner score respectively as the number 3rd and 4th intellect on Marvel Earth, only behind Richards and Doom.

Prep-Man
Did IM get a push or something?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Prep-Man

Aside that he built the stupidly powerful Bleeding Edge armor?

Prep-Man
Is that the armor he'll be using to battle Magneto?

And I wonder who could build the better inventions: Majestic or Tony?

Bouboumaster
Is that the armor he'll be using to battle Magneto?

And I wonder who could build the better inventions: Majestic or Tony?

Neither of them: Hulk trumps them. cool

Prep-Man
But will get owned by Orion. cool

abhilegend
Miracle machine owns them all.

janus77
If Hulk's included, then surely he's #1 in the tier.

Banner's basically owned everybody and everything in sight with his customised iPod. His technological hand-me-downs have helped Cho survive attacks from herald as well.

His mobile teleportation device is freaky too... Also, he's got prep wins against Doom, Reed and others!

Q99
Are we just considering science smarts?

Because several of these are smart at science, but really dumb in other ways.

Some are all-around brains, and some aren't.

Bouboumaster
For everything he can do with a mere I-Pod, just go at this page of the respect thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=441188&pagenumber=34

h1a8
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
For everything he can do with a mere I-Pod, just go at this page of the respect thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=441188&pagenumber=34

wow that's awesome

JakeTheBank

He's always been one of the smartest beings in the Marvel Universe. I'd say conventionally, he's right behind Doom and Richards, maybe a hair or two above or below Pym depending on who you want to argue for.

Q99
So we're talking purely science here? Not who's all-around smartest?

Galan007
Originally posted by abhilegend
Miracle machine owns them all. Yeah, this really can't be topped. After only seeing the Miracle Machine for a few seconds, Superman memorized every nut & bolt that comprises it, enabling him to construct his own Miracle Machine from scratch. Uber.

Lobo should also get an honorable mention, imo. He owned Darkseid with his own Mother Box, by rewiring its circuitry on the fly. Mucking with New God tech at all (let alone so easily) is extraordinarily impressive.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by JakeTheBank He's always been one of the smartest beings in the Marvel Universe. I'd say conventionally, he's right behind Doom and Richards, maybe a hair or two above or below Pym depending on who you want to argue for.

i know hes smart. im talking physically through his armor.

and when did superman build his own miracle machine? id say thats above majestic in smarts.

Galan007
^ Final Crisis #7.

Prep-Man
thats practically reed level right there. its weird dc doesnt play up supermans intelligence MORE.

at least morrison showeed that superman is from a race of super beings.

Galan007
Supes created a device from scratch that, essentially, grants ANY wish its user can imagine. He ended up wishing for "a happy ending"(no giggity) with his Miracle Machine--and said wish was ultimately responsible for Darkseid and Mandrakk's defeat in FC.

I'm sure Reed could build a Miracle Machine if he had enough time to analyze it. However, I very much doubt that he could build one from scratch after only studying it's components for a few SECONDS, as Supes did. So imo, Superman's feat is Reed-level++.

Stoic
I'm sure someone has a better list than I do But thess are my picks

Reed
Doom = Thanos = Darkseid
Brainiac (LOSH)
Hank Pym
Majestros = Forge
Superman = Bruce Banner
Tony Stark
Lex Luthor
Amadeus Cho
John Henry Irons
Beast
Static = Spiderman

Yeah some of these guys aren't top tiers in physical power, but they are when it comes to smarts.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Galan007
Supes created a device from scratch that, essentially, grants ANY wish its user can imagine. Superman ended up wishing for "a happy ending"(no giggity) with his Miracle Machine--and said wish was ultimately responsible for Darkseid and Mandrakk's defeat in FC.

I'm sure Reed could build a Miracle Machine if he had enough time to analyze it. However, I very much doubt that he could build one from scratch after only studying it's components for a few SECONDS, as Supes did. So imo, Superman's feat is Reed-level++. What if Reed actually had enhanced senses like Superman does?

Prep-Man
this isnt whos the smartest characters, but the smartest herald level beings. so make another list, stoic.

everyone always talks about top tier powerful feats, but hardly anyone talks about their scientific feats. which is why i made the thread.

Galan007
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
What if Reed actually had enhanced senses like Superman does? ...But he doesn't, which is why Superman's feat is BEYOND him. ermm13

Sr J-Bieb
...But he doesn't, which is why Superman's feat is BEYOND him. ermm13 But that doesn't exactly factor into intelligence...

I mean, building the machine, yes. But "seconds" to Superman are not seconds to Reed.

Galan007
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
But "seconds" to Superman are not seconds to Reed. ...Which is why Superman's feat is beyond Reed. A task that would likely take Reed days, took Superman seconds. I understand Supes has heightened abilities, but that's not his fault. sad

So not only did he have the intelligence/memory to analyze every nut and bolt in the entire Miracle Machine, but he remembered where the bolts were located, what they held, etc... After studying it for only a few seconds. He then recalled all of that info from memory, drew up some blueprints, and subsequently built it. Kudos to Supes on that one. Really demonstrates how fast he can think.

Prep-Man
how long did it take for him to build it?

Stoic
I don't think that a photographic memory and the speed to assemble something equates to a person being smarter than the other. Besides Both of these guys specialize in different fields. For instance the Beast may be brighter than Tony Stark when it comes to genetic malformations, but when it comes to robotics he isn't. Reed as an all rounder in terms of mastered topics, is likely smarter than Superman who is actually a reporter for the Daily Bugle. Logic would only dictate that the guy that spends nearly every waking moment working on scientific studies would have a slightly higher I.Q than someone who doesn't. Even if the one that doesn't is genetically built to be smarter than the average human. If this is the case, why isn't Mon-El, Supergirl, and the rest of those types super brains?

JakeTheBank
Superman's ability to process information quickly due to superspeed contributes to his "super intelligence", but he is stated as being as smart as Jor-El at the least on numerous occasions. Superman strikes me as being across the board smart, with an aptitude toward Kryptonian science/tech as well as a profound grasp of Earth's various sciences and historical facts.

abhilegend
^Time came to a complete halt when darkseid was taken by black racer and superman singed him out of existence.
...Which is why Superman's feat is beyond Reed. A task that would likely take Reed days, took Superman seconds. I understand Supes has heightened abilities, but that's not his fault. sad

So not only did he have the intelligence/memory to analyze every nut and bolt in the entire Miracle Machine, but he remembered where the bolts were located, what they held, etc... After studying it for only a few seconds. He then recalled all of that info from memory, drew up some blueprints, and subsequently built it. Kudos to Supes on that one. Really demonstrates how fast he can think.
The thing that makes this even mord insane was that miracle machine brainiac 5 showed to kal was permanentely shut down.

country1000
^Time came to a complete halt when darkseid was taken by black racer and superman singed him out of existence.

The thing that makes this even mord insane was that miracle machine brainiac 5 showed to kal was permanentely shut down. Rhino could have built that machine if he memorized where everything went.

abhilegend
Originally posted by country1000
Rhino could have built that machine if he memorized where everything went.
Really, he can build a new operating miracle machine by memorizing the blueprints of a permanently shut down miracle machine? I never knew car mechanics also create new engines.

Konton
Supergirl has done the build-a-machine (not the MMachine of course, but whatever) from scratch after scanning blueprints as well. Speaks more of speed than anything.

Stoic
A photographic memory and super speed building does not equate to being smarter. For instance, the Flash could disarm a bomb far quicker than Batman, but this does not mean that he is smarter than Batman.

Prep-Man
speaking of flash, pre crisis barry allen created the cosmic treadmil. hes pretty smart.

supergirl as well.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
A photographic memory and super speed building does not equate to being smarter. For instance, the Flash could disarm a bomb far quicker than Batman, but this does not mean that he is smarter than Batman.
He created a new, operating miracle machine after seeing the permanently shut down miracle machine for a few seconds. Destroying something is far easier than creating something usually.

Batman-Prime
Miracle machine owns them all.

thumb up

country1000
Really, he can build a new operating miracle machine by memorizing the blueprints of a permanently shut down miracle machine? I never knew car mechanics also create new engines. Really? because i rebuilt a chevy 350 and stroked it out to CREATE a 383 stroker. Guess what, the 350 was not even running when i got it.. That 383 now runs like hell.

Stoic
He created a new, operating miracle machine after seeing the permanently shut down miracle machine for a few seconds. Destroying something is far easier than creating something usually.

Which equates to him having a photographic memory, and the speed in which to execute the task. This still does not mean that he is smarter than Reed Richards.

speaking of flash, pre crisis barry allen created the cosmic treadmil. hes pretty smart.

supergirl as well.

Wasn't talking about Barry, I meant Wally.

abhilegend
Really? because i rebuilt a chevy 350 and stroked it out to CREATE a 383 stroker. Guess what, the 350 was not even running when i got it.. That 383 now runs like hell.
Lulz.
Which equates to him having a photographic memory, and the speed in which to execute the task. This still does not mean that he is smarter than Reed Richards.

Wasn't talking about Barry, I meant Wally.
He memorized a PERMANENTLY shut down miracle machine. If he was replicating it as it was, it would've been useless.

country1000
Lulz.

He memorized a PERMANENTLY shut down miracle machine. If he was replicating it as it was, it would've been useless. Look my new friend, it is not a measure of superman being smarter than reed who could build machines from scratch that superman could not even turn on. Ok buddy?

Stoic
Lulz.

He memorized a PERMANENTLY shut down miracle machine. If he was replicating it as it was, it would've been useless.

Did he invent the original Miracle Machine? Reed has invented so many wild things, that by feats alone, he surpasses Superman. No one said that Kal is stupid, but as an all rounder Reed has him beat when it comes to mastering more scientific subjects. Look at Forge for instance, he's not as smart as Reed, but he can crank out anything that he can imagine.

abhilegend
Look my new friend, it is not a measure of superman being smarter than reed who could build machines from scratch that superman could not even turn on. Ok buddy?
Did I mention reed anywhere in my previous posts? Really, when reed can recreate a machine that remakes the multiverse, call me.

country1000
Did I mention reed anywhere in my previous posts? Really, when reed can recreate a machine that remakes the multiverse, call me. RING!! RING!!! RING!! Answer the phone man, reed can RECREATE that machine.. the key word is RECREATE.. superman did not CREATE that machine.

Stoic
Did I mention reed anywhere in my previous posts? Really, when reed can recreate a machine that remakes the multiverse, call me.

Specializations does not mean that Superman is smarter than Reed, he may be able to do a few things better, but looking at the big picture, and comparing the both of them, Reed is more well rounded, and has mastered more scientific media than Superman. Reed after all is a scientist all day long while Kal, is a reporter.

Prep-Man
i dont think anyone here is saying superman is above reed, but that was an insane feat no matter how you slice it.

country1000
Specializations does not mean that Superman is smarter than Reed, he may be able to do a few things better, but looking at the big picture, and comparing the both of them, Reed is more well rounded, and has mastered more scientific media than Superman. Reed after all is a scientist all day long while Kal, is a reporter. Superman is not even on batmans level.

country1000
i dont think anyone here is saying superman is above reed, but that was an insane feat no matter how you slice it. Not trying to be smart, but a dummy can build that machine if they memorized where everything went.

Batman-Prime
Superman is not even on batmans level.

Superman has his superintelligence, like his father Jor-El who imho was on Reeds level. But because of his powers and his "humaneness" he doesn't needs to use it, except for problems who are beyond his powers, like in Superman Beyond. Reed on the other hands isn't very powerful so his need is greater to use his int, though her also doesn't use it always.

Anyway, Batman is more cunning then both, not more intelligent but more "sneaky". There are after all, different forms of intelligence^^.

Sin I AM
lol at people using one high end showing to boost clark

abhilegend
Specializations does not mean that Superman is smarter than Reed, he may be able to do a few things better, but looking at the big picture, and comparing the both of them, Reed is more well rounded, and has mastered more scientific media than Superman. Reed after all is a scientist all day long while Kal, is a reporter.
Who's trying to compare superman to reed here? Last I checked reed wasn't a top tier character. Clark kent is a reporter, Kal-EL isn't.
Superman is not even on batmans level.
Lulz.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Sin I AM

lol @a girl posting in a thread about intelligence

sneer

abhilegend
LOL at people trying to lowball a superman showing. It is exactly what I expected.

Stoic
Clark kent is a reporter, Kal-EL isn't.

Are you having a Grognak moment here?

abhilegend
Are you having a Grognak moment here?
Huh?

Prep-Man
remember you can add from other publishers. does marvel have any more other than hulk?

Stoic
Huh?

You just seemed to get a bit upset.

Blair Wind
Engineer (of Authority fame)
Iron Man (I consider him low herald)
Doom (Magic + Tech)
Flash (Barry Allen)
Bruce Banner (+ Hulk abilities)
Braniac
Kang

abhilegend
You just seemed to get a bit upset.
Not at all. I'm having a lot of fun.

country1000
Not at all. I'm having a lot of fun. You tell em buddy.

-Pr-

It isn't one high showing. Superman is a genuine super-genius, and he's shown that more than once. Like Jake said, he's been compared to the likes of Jor-El.

He might not be as smart as Reed, but that's no knock against the guy. Not in the slightest.

gogogadgetgo
Superman goes out and takes out the bad guys and goes on a silly date with some lame reporter chick over and over and over again

Thor goes out and kills a bunch of ice giants and then goes celebrate drinking mead and then bangs of random asgardian hot chicks and sleeps with a different check everytime

hmmm... my money's on Thor

Galan007
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Engineer (of Authority fame)
Iron Man (I consider him low herald)
Doom (Magic + Tech)
Flash (Barry Allen)
Bruce Banner (+ Hulk abilities)
Braniac
Kang I remember this avy/sig. Love them. thumb up

Blair Wind
I remember this avy/sig. Love them. thumb up

Thanks! Ever since DarkCrawler left the boards I haven't found another sig maker who's works I like as much so I just recycle all my old ones.

Galan007
He and Inhuman did the best comic sigs imo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.