Alan Scott (w/ Starheart) vs Odin-Force Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Fight to the death. Who wins?

Uriel005
Alan in a stomp. All magic in the universe collected by troll guardians for xxxx amount of years > Odin force.

Mistress-Death
Thor gets wrecked badly

JakeTheBank
Alan wouldn't stomp OF Thor.

Uriel005
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Alan wouldn't stomp OF Thor. One pantheon worth of magical energy while admittedly extremely powerful is nothing to the contents of the entire universe of magic which the starheart absorbed for xxxx number of years. You can't seriously believe that the Odin Force is greater than somebody capable of unleashing the cumulative power of the entire universe in terms of magic.

JakeTheBank
Has Alan ever done that, though?

It's like I said in that thread Quan made:

The Starheart is made up of all the chaotic and wild magic in the universe the Guardians of the Universe attempted to seal away prior to the induction of the Green Lantern Corps. Potentially, the full power of the Starheart, which we've never really seen, should be something equal to a vast majority of the magical energy in the universe.

By feats, Odin Force trumps the Starheart by a good degree. There's nothing I've seen the Starheart do that I don't think the Odin Force could replicate, assuming it hasn't already. By implied power/status, the Starheart should have a greater wealth of power.

I wouldn't give the most powerful on panel version of Alan Scott the win over Odin, if that helps.

So, by feats, I don't see Alan stomping OF Thor. Unless we're to use a hypothetical version of Alan that we've not seen on panel.

Uriel005
Has Alan ever done that, though?

It's like I said in that thread Quan made:

So, by feats, I don't see Alan stomping OF Thor. Unless we're to use a hypothetical version of Alan that we've not seen on panel. This is a fight to the death... already has him out of character unless he's mad under the influence of the starheart..

Tony Stark
OF THOR for the majority

Prep-Man
Toss up.

carver9
Thor.

Naija boy
Thor. lmao @ Alan stomping. Just senseless

Uriel005
Originally posted by Naija boy
Thor. lmao @ Alan stomping. Just senseless so the odin force is greater then all magic in DC? Honestly curious as to your opinion on the matter.

JakeTheBank
I don't think anyone is arguing the Odin Force being > Starheart at least in terms of status/implied power. But the thing is, Alan simply didn't do anything to warrant him using the full power of the Starheart, which isn't the entirely of all magic in the DCU, just its wild and chaotic magic. Even so, if you truly believe Alan has that level of power at his command, then that would make Alan cease from being High Herald to Trans level to bordering on abstract if we take it at face value.

As a pretty big JSA/Alan Scott fan, there's nothing I can remember off hand that would put Alan on such a level, even at his best on panel performances.

So, yeah, the idea of Alan stomping OF Thor is pretty wild based on feats.

Prep-Man
I don't think anyone is arguing the Odin Force being > Starheart at least in terms of status/implied power. But the thing is, Alan simply didn't do anything to warrant him using the full power of the Starheart, which isn't the entirely of all magic in the DCU, just its wild and chaotic magic. Even so, if you truly believe Alan has that level of power at his command, then that would make Alan cease from being High Herald to Trans level to bordering on abstract if we take it at face value.

As a pretty big JSA/Alan Scott fan, there's nothing I can remember off hand that would put Alan on such a level, even at his best on panel performances.

So, yeah, the idea of Alan stomping OF Thor is pretty wild based on feats.

Fighting Mordru?

JakeTheBank
Fighting Mordru isn't an abstract feat. It's not necessarily even skyfather status, as Alan has battled Mordru several times, and winds up getting beat. The last time Alan fought Mordru, Mordru was depowered and not at full power, but even so he wasn't strong enough to outright beat him.

To me, stomping someone is akin to beating them so bad said opponent has no chance in hell in beating them or really even mustering a decent chance of defending themselves. Non-Odin Force Thor has the feats to warrant him hanging with Alan.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by Uriel005
so the odin force is greater then all magic in DC? Honestly curious as to your opinion on the matter.
Duh! DC magic sucks balls. OF > all of the magic in DC combined.

Prep-Man
Fighting Mordru isn't an abstract feat. It's not necessarily even skyfather status, as Alan has battled Mordru several times, and winds up getting beat. The last time Alan fought Mordru, Mordru was depowered and not at full power, but even so he wasn't strong enough to outright beat him.

To me, stomping someone is akin to beating them so bad said opponent has no chance in hell in beating them or really even mustering a decent chance of defending themselves. Non-Odin Force Thor has the feats to warrant him hanging with Alan.

Mordru was still strong enough to create pocket dimensions. Right?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Mordru was still strong enough to create pocket dimensions. Right? Mordru is strong enough to do a lot of things depending on when you want to pull him from... His power fluctuation is a bit weird at times IMO but overall he's a monster I'd put into the skyfather class at least if not higher considering at top level he's on the level of a high end Time Trapper, Glorith Shazam at the RoE who I'd still give the nod to against a high end Odin as well as being legitimately unkillable. As much as Quan may rage that Thanos being the avatar of death would enable him to kill Mordru it just isn't the case. One of Mordru's most notable abilities/inherent virtue is that he cannot die... ever. Will not happen cannot happen and he has always existed will always exist from big bang to the next universe. I'm interested to see if the DC 52 reset actually effected him.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Uriel005
Mordru is strong enough to do a lot of things depending on when you want to pull him from... His power fluctuation is a bit weird at times IMO but overall he's a monster I'd put into the skyfather class at least if not higher considering at top level he's on the level of a high end Time Trapper, Glorith Shazam at the RoE who I'd still give the nod to against a high end Odin as well as being legitimately unkillable. As much as Quan may rage that Thanos being the avatar of death would enable him to kill Mordru it just isn't the case. One of Mordru's most notable abilities/inherent virtue is that he cannot die... ever. Will not happen cannot happen and he has always existed will always exist from big bang to the next universe. I'm interested to see if the DC 52 reset actually effected him.

DCnU Mordru doesn't seem 1/3 a powerful as his other incarnations. If he was, Demon Knights would be over a long time ago.

JakeTheBank
Mordru was still strong enough to create pocket dimensions. Right?

Yes, and such a feat isn't beyond the Odin Force.

The point of the matter is that, on panel, Alan has done nothing to suggest him stomping Thor, let alone Thor with the Odin Force. I've already addressed the Starheart as opposed to the Odin Force in terms of scope and status, but Alan's never operated on the level he'd need to be to stomp OF Thor.

Starscream M
how is it not? when did OF thor open pocket dimensions?

Prep-Man

The point of the matter is that, on panel, Alan has done nothing to suggest him stomping Thor, let alone Thor with the Odin Force. I've already addressed the Starheart as opposed to the Odin Force in terms of scope and status, but Alan's never operated on the level he'd need to be to stomp OF Thor.

When has Odin force done such a feat? And I never said Alan would stomp. evil face

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
how is it not? when did OF thor open pocket dimensions?

Odin, or rather, the Odin Force in the guise of Odin created a pocket universe to show Thor just how limited his grasp was on the power he wielded and his ultimate potential.

OF Thor has never created pocket dimensions (it's certainly possible he could access them due to Mjolnir's teleportation), but the point is being able to create pocket dimensions/universes isn't a feat that implicitly means much in a combat scenario.

And all of it is moot as Alan Scott, powerful as he is, hasn't displayed enough to suggest he'd "stomp" OF Thor. Him fighting Mordru to various degrees of success - for a time - isn't something beyond Thor, OF Thor, and certainly not beyond Odin.

JakeTheBank
When has Odin force done such a feat? And I never said Alan would stomp. evil face

See my earlier post.

It's entirely debatable Alan would win to begin with. I feel it could go either way, but you could make a strong case for Thor.

Starscream M
OF thor barely beat an old man and was chumped by rulk, so not sure why you hold OF thor in such high regards

JakeTheBank
OF thor barely beat an old man and was chumped by rulk, so not sure why you hold OF thor in such high regards

Context helps, but you're one of a few people that somehow think OF Thor wasn't clearly more impressive than Classic/Current Thor.

Prep-Man
I agree, it could go either way. Alan is one tough cookie.

Starscream M
Context helps, but you're one of a few people that somehow think OF Thor wasn't clearly more impressive than Classic/Current Thor. ummm....maybe because he didn't actually do anything impressive, combat wise at least.

I was also one of the few ppl in the past who always recognized that hulk is more powerful than thor in marvel's hierarchy and was ridiculed for such a view, until I was proven right in recent months

majority does not equal correct jake

JakeTheBank
ummm....maybe because he didn't actually do anything impressive, combat wise at least.

I was also one of the few ppl in the past who always recognized that hulk is more powerful than thor in marvel's hierarchy and was ridiculed for such a view, until I was proven right in recent months

majority does not equal correct jake

Let me know when Thor without the Odin Force can tank point blank shots from the Destroyer Armor - same blast that, y'know, killed him once. Or endure a single strike from a guy who would otherwise outright one shot kill him. Or be able to strike said being - who was about to destroy the planet - so hard he shatters Mjolnir. Or bring back Asgard and all its citizens.

Hulk's stronger, Thor's more powerful. That's how it's always been and likely always will be, ultimately. You're right that you're ridiculed, though.

Didn't say that it was. In this case, you don't know what you're talking about if you somehow think OF Thor was equal to or weaker than Thor without the Odin Force.

Starscream M

Hulk's stronger, Thor's more powerful. no, you're wrong. hulk's also been shown the more powerful of the two because he uses his strength far better than thor uses his versatility.

JakeTheBank
no, you're wrong. hulk's also been shown the more powerful of the two because he uses his strength far better than thor uses his versatility.

No, I'm not wrong. It's why Marvel bills Hulk as the "strongest", and Thor as "the mightiest", at least according to their writers and editors.

Thor's versatility or lack there of in your opinion has no bearing on Thor's power output.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.