Barry Allen vs Franklin Richards

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
all out

no expression

Tony Stark
Frankie goes to Hollywood on Barry's ass... Just the way he likes it.

Richards FTW

Happy Dance

Doon
Franklin takes away Barry's powers, then turns him into a has-been actor named John Wesley Shipp.

BlackZero30x
Berry only wins if he gets the KO off before frank goes to work.

This is any flash/speedsters one huge weakness, A reality changer. My vote lays with Richards. Im a pretty big flash(especially berry) fanboy....So I think that says a lot.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Berry only wins if he gets the KO off before frank goes to work.

And what would stop this from being the case every time?

How fast is Franklin's perception speed?

Colossus-Big C
I agree , a cisless barry will ko richards before he even process a single though.

if flash does ko right off the bat he is done for though, and it will be spite.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by CosmicComet

How fast is Franklin's perception speed? franklin can warp his perception speed to match flash, too bad by the time he even process a thought, flash would of punched him 10,000 times...

this is pre DnCU flash.

guy222
frankie

BlackZero30x

well for starters berry is currently limiting his speed in the flash comics and has yet to experience the speed force....Id say this is his pis working against him but I think it's going to be corrected by next issue.

Flash is fast to the point he's essentially untouchable(normally)...he reacts, moves, and thinks on levels most(if not all) other characters can never achieve. Not to mention his perception of time actually allows him to see events that could possibly unfold. So in a comic I think it would be a big fight they both get busted up due to PIS and/or CIS then they would work things out with no winner.

But the harsh reality(see what I did there?!) would be IMO berry in character only knowing basic knowledge and not knowing his threat level would most likely not go for a straight up KO. But even if he did(because this is all out) in issue #4 he almost got shot in the head because he got lost in a streamline of thought(s).

CosmicComet
Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is Flashpoint and prior Barry. Not new 52.

BlackZero30x
lol in that case I could see berry knocking him out before he fathomed a thought.

....If this was not all out though berry in character would very doubtfully go for a straight up KO.

Doon

As fast as he wants it to be.

That said, it all depends I guess. If young Franklin is prepared for an attack, Flash has no chance. If Frank isn't ready for it, Flash might be able to take him down.

Now, Adult Franklin, specifically the one seen in Hickman's FF run, is on another level entirely. In a recent staggering feat, he was able to dispel three Celestials in less than one minute.

Also of note, evidence has shown that Franklin is an incredibly fast thinker. During the Onslaught: Marvel Universe saga, it was said that Franklin can warp reality with "something less than a thought".

I guess it could go either way depending on who's prepared or not, as stated above. Earth-616 Franklin seems to be getting more and powerful though. If he ever decides to transcend his humanity, I have no doubt that he would even be able to bring himself back to life. He did create two pocket universes after all.

Bottom line: Flash might be able to win a battle (by surprise), but Franklin would win the war -- with a vengeance. He's on par and even beyond certain Celestials.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/73d6894i11710/prv11710_pg4.jpg

Uriel005
Unless Franklins Precog is telling him to amp up the reactions before hand I don't see how he doesn't get ko'd before forming the thought to amp his reaction time. If reaction time is amped this is spite against barry. If not then spite against Franklin. It all comes down to a single thought of prep.

Doon
Originally posted by Uriel005
Unless Franklins Precog is telling him to amp up the reactions before hand I don't see how he doesn't get ko'd before forming the thought to amp his reaction time. If reaction time is amped this is spite against barry. If not then spite against Franklin. It all comes down to a single thought of prep.

Agreed. I've found that Franklin (the young version anyway) exhibits the vulnerabilities of a regular human child with the offensive power of a god. When something disturbs him greatly, however, it's like a switch is flipped. His eyes start glowing and suddenly he isn't human anymore. In this particular stage (glowing eyes and all), he is unstoppable. Make no mistake about that. The child-like vulnerability instantly goes away. Moreover, the nature of his powers are still quite mysterious. For instance, way back in Fantastic Four Annual #14, Franklin wandered into a forest and fell asleep. A poisonous snake soon approached him with the intent to kill, but Franklin's powers somehow reached out to the snake (even though he was still asleep) and subdued it. It wasn't one of his dreamselves either. It was another aspect of his power subconsciously shielding him from harm. Another time, when he was only an infant, Franklin's mom (Sue Richards) tried to sneak up on him in invisible form. Much to her surprise, he was somehow able to see her right away. Having said that, you never truly know when his defenses will be lowered.

Uriel005
Franklin so troll.

the ninjak
Franklin can also with precog create a field around himself. Then get to work swatting the pesky fly.

McNasty996
Doesn't physical death mean little to nothing again some energy, psychics, and reality manipulators? As they can reverse time or death and even go to the astral plain.

Reacting2
Originally posted by McNasty996
Doesn't physical death mean little to nothing again some energy, psychics, and reality manipulators? As they can reverse time or death and even go to the astral plain. True, but a death means a win here

Wang Henry VIII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.