Onslaught vs JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tony Stark
Onslaught

vs

Superman
WW
MM
Hawkman
Flash
GL (Kyle)

the ninjak
Onslaught at his highest level of power should defeat most any team.

Reality manip plus immense power amps. I give this to Onslaught.

Unless the heroes sacrifice themselves of course maybe creating a Stalemate.

Tony Stark
OK... Let's try and give the JLA a little more horsepower we'll go with.

Onslaught

vs

Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Man Hunter
Hawkman
Flash
GL (Kyle)
Aquaman
Batman
Red Tornado
Black Adam
Captian Marvel
Dr. Fate
Zatanna
Plastic Man

Nihilist
If Hulk can hang with Onslaught, Superman can easily.

JLA take the win.

-Pr-
Which Onslaught?

Tony Stark
Onslaught from Marvel Universe #1

country1000
Originally posted by Nihilist
If Hulk can hang with Onslaught, Superman can easily.

JLA take the win. LOL. Onslaught would murder superman, do you even know hulks level at that time he "hung" with Onslaught?? It was FAR above supermans.

His physical strength was also shown to be at obscenely high levels; so much so he was able to literally rip the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak out of Juggernaut and throw him across North America and go toe-to-toe in a physical fight with the Hulk even after the Hulk's mind had been blanked and his strength and rage set to incredible levels thanks to Jean Grey 'shutting down' the subconscious influence that Bruce Banner normally exerted over the Hulk to stop him going too far.
For a time, Onslaught had these powers while still in his first form; the majority of these came from the absorption of Nate Grey and Franklin Richards. In the end, Onslaught's true body was revealed to be a mass of pure, psionic energy that was immune to all forms of physical attacks.

country1000
Onslaught wins this battle.

Nihilist
Originally posted by country1000
LOL. Onslaught would murder superman, do you even know hulks level at that time he "hung" with Onslaught?? It was FAR above supermans.

His physical strength was also shown to be at obscenely high levels; so much so he was able to literally rip the Crimson Gem of Cyttorak out of Juggernaut and throw him across North America and go toe-to-toe in a physical fight with the Hulk even after the Hulk's mind had been blanked and his strength and rage set to incredible levels thanks to Jean Grey 'shutting down' the subconscious influence that Bruce Banner normally exerted over the Hulk to stop him going too far.
For a time, Onslaught had these powers while still in his first form; the majority of these came from the absorption of Nate Grey and Franklin Richards. In the end, Onslaught's true body was revealed to be a mass of pure, psionic energy that was immune to all forms of physical attacks.

. Just a pile of nonsense.

lol at that Hulk being above Superman

JakeTheBank
Just a pile of nonsense.

lol at that Hulk being above Superman

thumb up

Given Superman's feats of no holding back, it's ludicrous to think that that portrayal of Hulk is clearly far beyond him.

country1000
Just a pile of nonsense.

lol at that Hulk being above Superman In other words you dont know hulks level of strength in that fight. Thanks

Nihilist
In other words you dont know hulks level of strength in that fight. Thanks Yeah, below Supermans.

Onslaught was physically weak so Hulk going toe to toe is no great shakes.

country1000
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
thumb up

Given Superman's feats of no holding back, it's ludicrous to think that that portrayal of Hulk is clearly far beyond him. Show me this so-called " no holding back superman ". Show me superman not holding back and his strength increasing like the hulks strength increases as he gets angrier. Show me ANY instant where superman stops holding back and wrecks people like black adam.etc. By the way, since you are the one who claimed that superman has unlimited strength, how does " not holding back makes him stronger jake?

country1000
Yeah, below Supermans.

Onslaught was physically weak so Hulk going toe to toe is no great shakes. As i stated before, you dont know.

-Pr-
Show me this so-called " no holding back superman ". Show me superman not holding back and his strength increasing like the hulks strength increases as he gets angrier. Show me ANY instant where superman stops holding back and wrecks people like black adam.etc. By the way, since you are the one who claimed that superman has unlimited strength, how does " not holding back makes him stronger jake?

Superman does have dynamic strength, and when amped has made the rest of his peers look weaker by comparison.

Also, it's possible to not punch as hard as you're able. Superman and Thor do it all the time.

Nihilist
As i stated before, you dont know. concession accepted.

Now run along

country1000
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman does have dynamic strength, and when amped has made the rest of his peers look weaker by comparison.

Also, it's possible to not punch as hard as you're able. Superman and Thor do it all the time. Superman does not have dynamic strength. He has NEVER made CM, Black Adam Doomsday or any other character as strong or stronger look weaker by comparison. The very idea that he has to sundip and admitted that CM is his equal proves my point. There is not one writer of superman that has stated or shown in any comic that superman has dynamic strength. Superman has been shown plenty of times in his so-called " not holding back state " where he was still matched strength for strength by many characters.

Prep-Man
Jla

-Pr-
Superman does not have dynamic strength. He has NEVER made CM, Black Adam Doomsday or any other character as strong or stronger look weaker by comparison. The very idea that he has to sundip and admitted that CM is his equal proves my point. There is not one writer of superman that has stated or shown in any comic that superman has dynamic strength. Superman has been shown plenty of times in his so-called " not holding back state " where he was still matched strength for strength by many characters.

Yes, he does have dynamic strength, and the comics have shown this.

Yes, he has made them look weaker when amped, which I said already.

Yes, writers have shown him having dynamic strength based on his emotional state.

Not plenty of times, no. And he has more wins in his "non-holding back" state than losses.

country1000
Yes, he does have dynamic strength, and the comics have shown this.

Yes, he has made them look weaker when amped, which I said already.

Yes, writers have shown him having dynamic strength based on his emotional state.

Not plenty of times, no. And he has more wins in his "non-holding back" state than losses. Hulk has dynamic strength and his strength increases based on his emotional state, superman does NOT have a power set anywhere close to hulks.

There is not one writer in DC that will tell you superman emotional state can put him above CM or Black Adam. But there are writer who HAVE placed Black Adam Above superman.

Well of course, he's the hero, he better win more. Now if he was a bad guy, it would be the opposite.

-Pr-
Hulk has dynamic strength and his strength increases based on his emotional state, superman does NOT have a power set anywhere close to hulks.

There is not one writer in DC that will tell you superman emotional state can put him above CM or Black Adam. But there are writer who HAVE placed Black Adam Above superman.

Well of course, he's the hero, he better win more. Now if he was a bad guy, it would be the opposite.

Actually Superman does get more powerful based on his emotional state, and the comics have outright stated this.

He's been made powerful enough to beat people that are supposed to be his peers.

"He's the hero" isn't a valid excuse on this forum. A person has the feats, or they don't. Superman does.

abhilegend
Hulk has dynamic strength and his strength increases based on his emotional state, superman does NOT have a power set anywhere close to hulks.

Really, cuz I can show you on-panel proof that the more angry superman gets, the more sunlight he absorbs and the stronger he gets. Who has placed black adam above superman?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/th_adventuresof636a.jpg

-Pr-
Originally posted by abhilegend
Really, cuz I can show you on-panel proof that the more angry superman gets, the more sunlight he absorbs and the stronger he gets. Who has placed black adam above superman?

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/th_adventuresof636a.jpg

thumb up

saved me the trouble of posting it.

country1000

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/th_adventuresof636a.jpg Absorbing sunlight to get stronger is the WORST thing to show dude. Thats not dynamic strength, can he absorb sunlight at night? Hulk can get stronger day, night or under ground.. ANYWHERE and ANYTIME. Thats dynamic strength. sunlight is supermans power source anyway.

-Pr-
Absorbing sunlight to get stronger is the WORST thing to show dude. Thats not dynamic strength, can he absorb sunlight at night?

Is that a serious question?

abhilegend
Absorbing sunlight to get stronger is the WORST thing to show dude. Thats not dynamic strength, can he absorb sunlight at night? Hulk can get stronger day, night or under ground.. ANYWHERE and ANYTIME. Thats dynamic strength. sunlight is supermans power source anyway.
Lulz, so superman gets weaker in night, right? You didn't answer my question, who has placed black adam over superman?

country1000
Is that a serious question? My point is this. Can superman get angry or stressed and start getting stronger WITHOUT an outside source? Sunlight is his power source, scans of him absorbing sunlight under stress does NOT constitute dynamic strength. The madder superman gets the stronger superman gets will NEVER come out of ANY DC writers mouth.

-Pr-
My point is this. Can superman get angry or stressed and start getting stronger WITHOUT an outside source? Sunlight is his power source, scans of him absorbing sunlight under stress does NOT constitute dynamic strength. The madder superman gets the stronger superman gets will NEVER come out of ANY DC writers mouth.

Why doesn't it constitute it?

But it did, as the scan said.

You're missing the point. The sun IS his power. He has an inner store of it at all times. Even when he's flying through Metropolis scratching his ass because the only thing to bother him is some muggers, he's still absorbing solar energy. It doesn't just switch off, even at night.

His emotional state means he accesses more solar energy, and gets more powerful. It's that simple.

country1000
Lulz, so superman gets weaker in night, right? You didn't answer my question, who has placed black adam over superman? Did i say he gets weaker at night? I asked " can he absorb sunlight at night "

Odekahn
JLA. Multiple herald level characters are enough to best onslaught imo.

And Superman has greater feats of strength than Hulk. Just saying.

Prep-Man
Fate solos.

-Pr-
Did i say he gets weaker at night? I asked " can he absorb sunlight at night "

The answer is obviously yes.

abhilegend
Did i say he gets weaker at night? I asked " can he absorb sunlight at night "
So you're implying he can't absorb sunlight at night so he must be getting weaker as shown in final night, right? What an idiotic notion!

country1000
Why doesn't it constitute it?

But it did, as the scan said.

You're missing the point. The sun IS his power. He has an inner store of it at all times. Even when he's flying through Metropolis scratching his ass because the only thing to bother him is some muggers, he's still absorbing solar energy. It doesn't just switch off, even at night.

His emotional state means he accesses more solar energy, and gets more powerful. It's that simple. But he CANNOT get stronger or more poweful without the sun helping him. Absorbing sunlight while stressed has NEVER placed him over BA or CM, his equals in strength with BA being stronger IMO AND the opinion of some writers. You cannot show ONE fight where this has happened against them or any other character.

-Pr-
But he CANNOT get stronger or more poweful without the sun helping him. Absorbing sunlight while stressed has NEVER placed him over BA or CM, his equals in strength with BA being stronger IMO AND the opinion of some writers. You cannot show ONE fight where this has happened against them or any other character.

What do you mean, the sun "helping him"? He doesn't have strength period without the sun, so you're just arguing semantics right now. If I get stronger because of a burst of adrenaline, is that an outside source helping me?

Why the fascination with BA or CM? Which writers said they were stronger?

Sure I can. Pretty much every fight where Superman has gotten a second wind and completely annihilated a villain that had been threatening him only moments before.

abhilegend
But he CANNOT get stronger or more poweful without the sun helping him. Absorbing sunlight while stressed has NEVER placed him over BA or CM, his equals in strength with BA being stronger IMO AND the opinion of some writers. You cannot show ONE fight where this has happened against them or any other character. Originally posted by abhilegend
Lulz, so superman gets weaker in night, right? You didn't answer my question, who has placed black adam over superman?

country1000
Originally posted by Odekahn
JLA. Multiple herald level characters are enough to best onslaught imo.

And Superman has greater feats of strength than Hulk. Just saying. He also has greater strength feats than galactus. just saying.

abhilegend
He also has greater strength feats than galactus. just saying.
So galactus=hulk. You learn new things everyday.

Odekahn
He also has greater strength feats than galactus. just saying.

Your point?

country1000
What do you mean, the sun "helping him"? He doesn't have strength period without the sun, so you're just arguing semantics right now. If I get stronger because of a burst of adrenaline, is that an outside source helping me?

Why the fascination with BA or CM? Which writers said they were stronger?

Sure I can. Pretty much every fight where Superman has gotten a second wind and completely annihilated a villain that had been threatening him only moments before. Do you really think that superman going from getting threatened and then catching a second wind and then annihilating a VILLAIN is proof of dynamic strength?? If thats the case, then EVERY hero ever created has dynamic strength. Thats what happens in comics since the 60s, hero meets threat, threat knocks hero around, hero gets up and beats threat, end of book and book goes in the collection pile. But its late, we will finish this later. Goodnight.

-Pr-
Do you really think that superman going from getting threatened and then catching a second wind and then annihilating a VILLAIN is proof of dynamic strength?? If thats the case, then EVERY hero ever created has dynamic strength. Thats what happens in comics since the 60s, hero meets threat, threat knocks hero around, hero gets up and beats threat, end of book and book goes in the collection pile. But its late, we will finish this later. Goodnight.

That wasn't what I was saying. no expression

and those aren't the only examples either.

JakeTheBank
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/JeriTroll/Imnotsayingyouallgottrolledbutyouallgottrolled.png

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Fate solos.

rolling on floor laughing

Juntai
Show me this so-called " no holding back superman ". Show me superman not holding back and his strength increasing like the hulks strength increases as he gets angrier. Show me ANY instant where superman stops holding back and wrecks people like black adam.etc. By the way, since you are the one who claimed that superman has unlimited strength, how does " not holding back makes him stronger jake? All of Superman's powers, including Strength increase dramatically depending on his stress/anger/need. Superman isn't akin to a solar panel in the sense that he's powered by the rays that hit him, he actually ABSORBS power from the sun itself while in it's light, and increases it subconconsciously as he needs it. The more stressful and pressing the situation, the more he takes in.

It's not only his strength that's dynamic and stretches limitlessly, it's ALL of his powers.

It doesn't matter on the forum unless it's specified that it's happening in the dark or away from the sun.
Hulk's strength isn't dynamic because he can get stronger still in the dark, but because it stretches to no known limit, just like Superman's.

Black Adam backed down from Clark when Superman started ramping up his power.

"Not holding back" makes him stronger because he drops his mental limiters he's put over his own powers so he doens't hurt people. This is why typically when facing a tough new opponent, he'll struggle, then later once he's gauged how far he can go, he just spins in a circle and beats them or something equally easy. lol.

Juntai
Likewise, on top of all his other powers, Doomsday gets stronger the madder he gets like Hulk too. This is why as that fight progressed between the two and each kept ramping up their powers to match the other, they eventually got to the point each blow was shaking the planet. And this was a vastly weaker Superman than we've known the past decade or so. As his power increased dramatically after death and ressurection, and just kept growing.

leonidas
^enough from you fanboy. sneer

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/JeriTroll/Imnotsayingyouallgottrolledbutyouallgottrolled.png

laughing out loud

carver9
Now I see why so many people debate "against" Superman so much...he is over hyped. You all are going to sit here and say that Superman is just as strong as the Hulk that fought Onslaught? WTF. It was stated on panel that Hulk power and strength was so strong that it had everyone on the battlefield in fear. People that has already fought people similar to Superman and people that also have Superman level strength was pissing on themselves due to Hulks power. Superman is strong but he is a peer to Captain Marvel, Thor, Black Adam, Beta Ray Bill and no matter how much you don't like it, Savage Hulk and ESPECIALLY this Hulk is stronger. You all talking about fts make him stronger than character X and Y. Even though he moved a Mag wheel doesn't take away from the fact that a non holding hack Supes got stalemated by Black Adam. Just because he aided in pulling a planet doesn't take away from Captain Marvel also being his peer. You can't ignore the characters encounter and just look at fts from a character that stars in 5 books a month...you also have to look at their confrontations and Superman strength is no different than the people I've named...its been proven too much NOT to be true.

Again...lol, at people saying Superman strength was anywhere close to that version of Hulk, let alone stronger versions. It seems like the more powerful Hulk gets, people ignore his strength gap and just say, Superman is stronger just because he is Superman. In the past people was saying Superman and Savage Hulk were peers strength wise...Savage Hulk then get a strength increase to WWH, now people are claiming Superman is just as strong as WWH, then Hulk gets another jump to WBH and people are saying that Superman and WBH are peers. No matter what a character does, Superman is their peer even though looking at his fights say something completely different. Superman has faced people similar to Savage Hulk that doesn't even come close to having the FEATS Savage Hulk have and they either have a good showing against Supes or sometimes he loses or wins (after a long battle). This ft argument is lame and ignoring a character history. If Superman was to face the Hulk that Onslaught fought, he would straight up die.

Mistress-Death
Lol troll meltdown

Superman>>Hulk

abhilegend
Originally posted by carver9
Now I see why so many people debate "against" Superman so much...he is over hyped. You all are going to sit here and say that Superman is just as strong as the Hulk that fought Onslaught? WTF. It was stated on panel that Hulk power and strength was so strong that it had everyone on the battlefield in fear. People that has already fought people similar to Superman and people that also have Superman level strength was pissing on themselves due to Hulks power. Superman is strong but he is a peer to Captain Marvel, Thor, Black Adam, Beta Ray Bill and no matter how much you don't like it, Savage Hulk and ESPECIALLY this Hulk is stronger. You all talking about fts make him stronger than character X and Y. Even though he moved a Mag wheel doesn't take away from the fact that a non holding hack Supes got stalemated by Black Adam. Just because he aided in pulling a planet doesn't take away from Captain Marvel also being his peer. You can't ignore the characters encounter and just look at fts from a character that stars in 5 books a month...you also have to look at their confrontations and Superman strength is no different than the people I've named...its been proven too much NOT to be true.

Again...lol, at people saying Superman strength was anywhere close to that version of Hulk, let alone stronger versions. It seems like the more powerful Hulk gets, people ignore his strength gap and just say, Superman is stronger just because he is Superman. In the past people was saying Superman and Savage Hulk were peers strength wise...Savage Hulk then get a strength increase to WWH, now people are claiming Superman is just as strong as WWH, then Hulk gets another jump to WBH and people are saying that Superman and WBH are peers. No matter what a character does, Superman is their peer even though looking at his fights say something completely different. Superman has faced people similar to Savage Hulk that doesn't even come close to having the FEATS Savage Hulk have and they either have a good showing against Supes or sometimes he loses or wins (after a long battle). This ft argument is lame and ignoring a character history. If Superman was to face the Hulk that Onslaught fought, he would straight up die.
Lulz @ this rant.

carver9
Lulz @ this rant.

Lol...nothing but the truth buddy unless you admit that based on fts, Savage Hulk strength>>>>Any version of Doomsdays strength. Destroying an asteroid twice the size of Earth...punching through a time stream, shaking dimensions while fighting, separting a positive and negative anti matter bomb...holding up 150 billion tons without strain. Stepping on the ground destroying an entire city. Thunder clapping a dimension to dust.

Mistress-Death
Get one thing straight u aint my buddy, you're a trolling clown.

You can't even get Hulks feats right, he lit up the dark dimension with a thunderclap that's it smh at you son

carver9
Originally posted by Mistress-Death
Get one thing straight u aint my buddy, you're a trolling clown.

You can't even get Hulks feats right, he lit up the dark dimension with a thunderclap that's it smh at you son

You are a sad little person. Thanks for bringing up that ft as well, forgot about it.

http://www.mynetimages.com/viewimage/51605c18a3
http://www.mynetimages.com/viewimage/ed68327861
http://www.mynetimages.com/viewimage/dfd434506d

This is the ft I am talking about "sad little person". Stop responding to my post...stalker.

carver9
By the way, I never said you were my buddy...stalker.

Mistress-Death
Lol you don't even understand the scan u posted, you called me buddy you moron like you call everyone hoping to hide your lies.

Your just a troll that thinks everyone makes threads because of you, you need help mental case

Odekahn
Wasn't Hulk launched at that asteroid? And holding up a mountain in Secret Wars is hardly the feat of moving a planet. Unless Hulk is pissed enough to become a planet buster, he's not in Superman's league. And you can't take only character's interactions, as Superman is known for vastly holding back while fighting.

But speaking of character interactions...

(tried to post scans of Superman catching Thor's hammer and then knocking him out, and then Hulk pounding away on Superman's chest while he stands there, but I'm not "known" enough to post links yet. Ah, being a noob)

abhilegend
Lol...nothing but the truth buddy unless you admit that based on fts, Savage Hulk strength>>>>Any version of Doomsdays strength. Destroying an asteroid twice the size of Earth...punching through a time stream, shaking dimensions while fighting, separting a positive and negative anti matter bomb...holding up 150 billion tons without strain. Stepping on the ground destroying an entire city. Thunder clapping a dimension to dust.
An amped Skaar and the entire Avengers that consisted of...

Ms. Marvel
War Machine
Thing
Spiderman
Reed
Invisible Woman.

These peeps are more powerful than Savage Hulk and Thing. Originally posted by abhilegend
They are more powerful untill the next time carver brings savage hulk destroying a dimension by a thunderclap.durhulk
kinda

DontEatMeat

are you really giving WBH feats to savage hulk? some poor hulk fan you are

as for this topic JLA STOMPS

-Pr-

Get. Out.

Honestly though: Every time i think you can't get any worse, you pull shit like this and redefine trolling.

JakeTheBank

*reads Carver's post*

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/jim-slaps-dwight-o.gif

carver9
I would battlezone anyone over this topic.

-Pr-

And when you lost, you'd say it was because people were biased and so on.

JakeTheBank

Over what topic exactly? Onslaught Hulk versus Superman?

I accept.

carver9

I accept.

Over tier and strength. Over Thor, Superman, Black Adam, Savage Hulk, Doomsday, The General, Orion, Captain Marvel, all of these people being in the same tier strength wise.

No need to do Onslaught Hulk vs Superman since it is obvious who is stronger.

carver9
And when you lost, you'd say it was because people were biased and so on.

Lol...nope, I won't do that depending on the judges. We have some reasonable people on this site that isn't bias at all.

JakeTheBank
Over tier and strength. Over Thor, Superman, Black Adam, Savage Hulk, Doomsday, The General, Orion, Captain Marvel, all of these people being in the same tier strength wise.

No need to do Onslaught Hulk vs Superman since it is obvious who is stronger.

So you do want to debate that all those guys generally belong in the same tier?

But you don't want to debate Onslaught Hulk vs. Superman, even though it's obvious and as such, would be a pretty easy win for you?

carver9
So you do want to debate that all those guys generally belong in the same tier?

But you don't want to debate Onslaught Hulk vs. Superman, even though it's obvious and as such, would be a pretty easy win for you?

Lol...Jake, do you want to battlezone this or what? Do you not believe the people that I've named are NOT in the same tier strength wise?

JakeTheBank
Lol...Jake, do you want to battlezone this or what? Do you not believe the people that I've named are NOT in the same tier strength wise?

Just when I think you've outdone yourself, you manage to surprise me.

carver9
Just when I think you've outdone yourself, you manage to surprise me.

Sigh*

abhilegend
So carver once again chose the easy way out after challenging. Figures.

country1000
Originally posted by Juntai
All of Superman's powers, including Strength increase dramatically depending on his stress/anger/need. Superman isn't akin to a solar panel in the sense that he's powered by the rays that hit him, he actually ABSORBS power from the sun itself while in it's light, and increases it subconconsciously as he needs it. The more stressful and pressing the situation, the more he takes in.

It's not only his strength that's dynamic and stretches limitlessly, it's ALL of his powers.

It doesn't matter on the forum unless it's specified that it's happening in the dark or away from the sun.
Hulk's strength isn't dynamic because he can get stronger still in the dark, but because it stretches to no known limit, just like Superman's.

Black Adam backed down from Clark when Superman started ramping up his power.

"Not holding back" makes him stronger because he drops his mental limiters he's put over his own powers so he doens't hurt people. This is why typically when facing a tough new opponent, he'll struggle, then later once he's gauged how far he can go, he just spins in a circle and beats them or something equally easy. lol. Superman DOES NOT have dynamic strength. Not holding back does not make him any stronger. He does not want to hurt NORMAL people, he has went all out against people that are as strong or stronger and got beat. YOU just joined jake by saying that superman has unlimited strength or no known limit. There are people on KMC that KNOW superman and collect his comics too. Dont think that you have ALL the knowledge on superman buddy.

The rant about him struggling and then spin a circle and beats some tough new opponent applies to EVERY hero ever created. thor, batman, captain america, spiderman, the x-men, the avengers and HUNDREDS of others do it nearly EVERY issue.

For the people that run here stalking carver, it would look better if you all did not run here to defend superman LIKE YOU DO IN every THREAD superman is in. Carver is right, EVERY TIME hulk gets stronger, you come and make superman stronger to match that hulk, i guess if the next hulk gets hit with a ray to make him 5 times stronger than WBH, you all will come claim that superman will enter a state of Warrior Madness or take his dial to 21.

country1000

I accept. Dude, you think that superman has Unlimited strength. Why would people even listen to you let alone BZ you.

abhilegend
Superman DOES NOT have dynamic strength. Not holding back does not make him any stronger. He does not want to hurt NORMAL people, he has went all out against people that are as strong or stronger and got beat. YOU just joined jake by saying that superman has unlimited strength or no known limit. There are people on KMC that KNOW superman and collect his comics too. Dont think that you have ALL the knowledge on superman buddy.

The rant about him struggling and then spin a circle and beats some tough new opponent applies to EVERY hero ever created. thor, batman, captain america, spiderman, the x-men, the avengers and HUNDREDS of others do it nearly EVERY issue.

For the people that run here stalking carver, it would look better if you all did not run here to defend superman LIKE YOU DO IN every THREAD superman is in. Carver is right, EVERY TIME hulk gets stronger, you come and make superman stronger to match that hulk, i guess if the next hulk gets hit with a ray to make him 5 times stronger than WBH, you all will come claim that superman will enter a state of Warrior Madness or take his dial to 21.
Who beat superman while all out? Lulz @ rant.

country1000
Lol...nope, I won't do that depending on the judges. We have some reasonable people on this site that isn't bias at all. You already know who he will pick as judges, they are all in this thread.

country1000
Who beat superman while all out? Lulz @ rant. It seems that the one with the " mental block " is you.

carver9
Who beat superman while all out? Lulz @ rant.

Wonder Woman during Sacrifice.

bbrem123
wow to all the superman overrating

JakeTheBank
Dude, you think that superman has Unlimited strength. Why would people even listen to you let alone BZ you.

Already discussed this with you once before, chap. You still didn't point out all the Superman fans who thought I was an idiot or whatever for saying that Superman has a feat in which he lifted infinite weight...which according to Final Crisis, he does. Doesn't mean that he generally possesses infinite strength. A little grasp on things such as critical thinking and logic would go a long way.

Besides, who wouldn't listen to me? I'm an ultra-charismatic and well trusted source of comic information. cool

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by bbrem123
wow to all the superman overrating

More like wow to people acting like Superman doesn't have feats which compare to Hulk.

When he obviously does. erm

Batman-Prime
Superman does what he has to do, especially in FC. He is after all the nexus being ^^ and could even join the Quintessence if he choosed to. May be that some want to think that he is overrated but you can bet your ass, that in every Crossover with Marvel, he will win :>.

Zack Fair
Already discussed this with you once before, chap. You still didn't point out all the Superman fans who thought I was an idiot or whatever for saying that Superman has a feat in which he lifted infinite weight...which according to Final Crisis, he does. Doesn't mean that he generally possesses infinite strength. A little grasp on things such as critical thinking and logic would go a long way.

Besides, who wouldn't listen to me? I'm an ultra-charismatic and well trusted source of comic information. cool

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Jackass-Bam-High-five400.gif

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Zack Fair
http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Jackass-Bam-High-five400.gif

http://05.img.v4.skyrock.net/052/peress2/pics/2958811029_1_9_9T06bMmE.gif

carver9
More like wow to people acting like Superman doesn't have feats which compare to Hulk.

To which Hulk because if you are saying that he is anywhere close to WBH then you are also admitting Superman being far stronger than Thor. Like I've stated a thousand times...Savage Hulk is comparable to Superman and Thor going by FEATS...ignoring this is downplaying the character since again, he is in Superman and Thor class. Just because Hulk got an upgrade doesn't mean that his upgrade is applied to every character.

bbrem123

he definitely does. WWH and especially WBH operate on a higher level on average then superman in the strength department IMO

carver9
he definitely does. WWH and especially WBH operate on a higher level on average then superman in the strength department IMO

Preach it. This is killing people in the inside. Just accept it and mtho.

JakeTheBank
To which Hulk because if you are saying that he is anywhere close to WBH then you are also admitting Superman being far stronger than Thor. Like I've stated a thousand times...Savage Hulk is comparable to Superman and Thor going by FEATS...ignoring this is downplaying the character since again, he is in Superman and Thor class. Just because Hulk got an upgrade doesn't mean that his upgrade is applied to every character.

Carver, shut up.

This convo is obviously centered around Onslaught Hulk and Superman; don't straw man me, especially when you're not even good at it.

JakeTheBank

WBH is one thing.

WWH? Extremely debatable.

carver9
Carver, shut up.

This convo is obviously centered around Onslaught Hulk and Superman; don't straw man me, especially when you're not even good at it.

Aaahhhh...you are talking about Mindless Hulk. Why do you say they are as strong as Mindless?

Galan007
he definitely does. WWH and especially WBH operate on a higher level on average then superman in the strength department IMO I find this comment interesting, as I can't recall very many instances in which modern Superman has tried/needed to lift something, and failed... The guy decides that he needs to pull the earth to another location in order to save it, so he does. He decides that he needs to lift half of an infinite amount of weight just so he can figure shit out, so he does.

When the story calls for it, Superman>ALL. He's proven this time and time again. There's nothing Hulk can do strength-wise that I think would be beyond Superman.

carver9
Originally posted by Galan007
I find that comment interesting, as I can't recall very many instances in which modern Superman has tried/needed to lift something, and failed... The guy decides that he needs to pull the earth to another location in order to save it, so he does. He decides that he needs to lift half of an infinite amount of weight just so he can figure shit out, so he does.

When the story calls for it, Superman>ALL. He's proven this time and time again. There's nothing Hulk can do strength-wise that I think would be beyond Superman.

This can be said about pretty much any hero though. confused

JakeTheBank
This can be said about pretty much any hero though. confused

Not everyone can be Doom.

Galan007
This can be said about pretty much any hero though. confused Very few heroes have proven it as consistently as Superman has, though.

Hell Final Crisis flat-out told us that Superman's story is>ALL. That is something no one else can claim.

carver9
Very few heroes have proven it as consistently as Superman has, though.

Hell Final Crisis flat-out told us that Superman's story is>ALL. That is something that no one else can claim.

I agree, very few can but Thor and Savage Hulk is pretty consistent at this as well...hell, looking at the people Thor has outright defeated in combat shows that what you said can be handed out to some other heros as well, including low tier characters. Doing the impossible is a common thing for well known characters including Superman. This still doesnt take away from the fact that even though Thor has defeated trans tier and abstracts on a consistent bases, Superman has aided in moving planets, and Savage Hulk has wrecked teams, destroyed dimensions and crushed planetary+ objects...this don't take away from them being equals which has been proven time and time again when they face people that's in their tier.

JakeTheBank
Personally, I see how people would attribute Superman's "aura" as an ability in forum fights; it's been lampshaded and basically outright stated that when there is a crisis or a job that needs doing, Superman has this uncanny ability to rise to the occasion and save the day, often for the simple reason "He's Superman."

I can also see why such an ability, if you choose to believe it is an ability in the conventional sense, can be viewed as plot dependent at best and "writer armor" at worse.

If you boil it down to feats and divorce the metaphysical/aura/story of Superman from them, I honestly don't see how people think that Superman can't compete or beat Hulk. To date, I'd say WBH's planet busting is pretty damn impressive and in anything resembling a physical confrontation, I'm inclined to say Superman gets worked over at best. But if you really think Superman can't compete with or possesses the capability to beat Savage Hulk or Mindless Hulk or WWH/Green Scar, well, frankly, you're retarded.

carver9
Personally, I see how people would attribute Superman's "aura" as an ability in forum fights; it's been lampshaded and basically outright stated that when there is a crisis or a job that needs doing, Superman has this uncanny ability to rise to the occasion and save the day, often for the simple reason "He's Superman."

I can also see why such an ability, if you choose to believe it is an ability in the conventional sense, can be viewed as plot dependent at best and "writer armor" at worse.

If you boil it down to feats and divorce the metaphysical/aura/story of Superman from them, I honestly don't see how people think that Superman can't compete or beat Hulk. To date, I'd say WBH's planet busting is pretty damn impressive and in anything resembling a physical confrontation, I'm inclined to say Superman gets worked over at best. But if you really think Superman can't compete with Savage Hulk or Mindless Hulk or WWH/Green Scar, well, frankly, you're retarded.

I agree 100% with this...I know for a FACT that Superman can compete with Savage Hulk (I would personally give Superman the edge against him), WWH, and Mindless Hulk, that's not my argument. You know what my argument is Jake...just read what Naija has been debating against Newjack about. Anybody would be a fool to think that Superman can't give Savage Hulk or WWH a fight...especially when Sentry has done it.

CosmicComet
Superman being a possible direct descendant of Rao explains a lot of what you say Jake.

Galan007
To date, I'd say WBH's planet busting is pretty damn impressive and in anything resembling a physical confrontation Absolutely... But it was also a shared feat between Hulk and Betty.

Speaking of Betty, the fact that she was able to weather everything Hulk dished out, really makes me wonder how much lasting damage Hulk would be able to cause to Supes..?

CosmicComet
she weathered it because she was wished to be his equal though.

So hulk could fight her at full power without fear of badly hurting her.

carver9
Absolutely... But it was also a shared feat between Hulk and Betty.

Speaking of Betty, the fact that she was able to weather everything Hulk dished out, really makes me wonder how much lasting damage Hulk would be able to cause to Supes..?

Hulk and Betty were equals during that fight...that's why she was able to take what Hulk was dishing out. That's different than Superman taking it since this version of Hulk was on a different level.

carver9
Originally posted by CosmicComet

So hulk could fight her at full power without fear of badly hurting her.

This (even though I think Hulk was stool holding back against her).

Galan007

So hulk could fight her at full power without fear of badly hurting her. Was that the specifics of her durability? Cool beans. I only read that arc once.

Regardless, I think if Supes were in, say, his OWAW mindset, he could give WBH one hell of a fight.

CosmicComet
This (even though I think Hulk was stool holding back against her).

agreed.

he was waiting to see if dormammu would show up to use his full power, so they could play wrestle and bust galaxies and whisper in each other's ears.

JakeTheBank
Superman being a possible direct descendant of Rao explains a lot of what you say Jake.

True. I'm torn on that theory, though. I really like the lore of Krypton and its theology, but at the same time, explicitly or implying that he really is a demi-god or deity kinda ruins Superman for me. I agree he should have godlike strength and power, but he should still be mortal...for all intents and purposes.

country1000
I find this comment interesting, as I can't recall very many instances in which modern Superman has tried/needed to lift something, and failed... The guy decides that he needs to pull the earth to another location in order to save it, so he does. He decides that he needs to lift half of an infinite amount of weight just so he can figure shit out, so he does.

When the story calls for it, Superman>ALL. He's proven this time and time again. There's nothing Hulk can do strength-wise that I think would be beyond Superman. If Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman or even Ultraman was DCs Flagship hero, they would do the same thing under the writers. If superman was the evil bad guy, 95% of the time, he would lose against the hero, even against some he should crush.

Galan007
^ Okay, but that's NOT the case, and Superman has more high-end feats then I care to count.

JakeTheBank
If Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman or even Ultraman was DCs Flagship hero, they would do the same thing under the writers. If superman was the evil bad guy, 95% of the time, he would lose against the hero, even against some he should crush.

When will you give credit where credit is due and stop blaming "the writers"?

This has got to be some of the most horrible thought processes I've seen, and this is coming from a guy who's "debated" with the likes of h1 and Carver for multiple pages.

CosmicComet
True. I'm torn on that theory, though. I really like the lore of Krypton and its theology, but at the same time, explicitly or implying that he really is a demi-god or deity kinda ruins Superman for me. I agree he should have godlike strength and power, but he should still be mortal...for all intents and purposes.

I like plausible explanations, usually.

Superman being as variable as he can be, makes more sense to say that he has a godly reservoir of power to dip into, on top of his normal battery like storage of solar energy. Rather than saying he can arbitrarily reach levels that his family and such cannot--does he have some reality warping powers whereas they don't? that's the kind of questions that come up.

The only one who should be allowed to do whatever he wants with no explanation other than being himself, is lord Steven Rogers.

JakeTheBank
I like plausible explanations, usually.

Superman being as variable as he can be, makes more sense to say that he has a godly reservoir of power to dip into, on top of his normal battery like storage of solar energy.

The only one who should be allowed to do whatever he wants with no explanation other than being himself, is lord Steven Rogers.

Praise be to He Who Wields the Shield.

country1000
When will you give credit where credit is due and stop blaming "the writers"?

This has got to be some of the most horrible thought processes I've seen, and this is coming from a guy who's "debated" with the likes of h1 and Carver for multiple pages. Carver and h1 got enough sense to know that superman does not have infinite strength, so people can debate against them. But you jake, you cry lowball when people challenge your flawed logic. One post you claim supes has infinite strength, then slip in another thread and say that he can MATCH certain characters and then slip YET AGAIN in another thread contradicting what you say in the others. Which is it jake? You claim that superman and thor are peers or that the strength difference is small, yet when certain hulks are PROVER far stronger than thor, you come crying that superman is on those hulks level???? h1 himself has never hung himself like that in such a short time. But please keep it up, a good laugh is always good for the soul.. THANKS.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Tony Stark
OK... Let's try and give the JLA a little more horsepower we'll go with.

Onslaught

vs

Superman
Wonder Woman
Martian Man Hunter
Hawkman
Flash
GL (Kyle)
Aquaman
Batman
Red Tornado
Black Adam
Captian Marvel
Dr. Fate
Zatanna
Plastic Man

Wow... talk about more firepower. Dr. Fate would arguably beat Galactus, depending on which Dr. Fate you're talking about.

carver9
If Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman or even Ultraman was DCs Flagship hero, they would do the same thing under the writers. If superman was the evil bad guy, 95% of the time, he would lose against the hero, even against some he should crush.

Ultraman lifted infinite weight as well but he soloed it whereas Superman did it with help. Ultraman>Superman.

PillarofOsiris
Ultraman lifted infinite weight as well but he soloed it whereas Superman did it with help. Ultraman>Superman.

Once again logic defies you. If I pick up a mattress with my brother to make it easier for myself, does it necessarily mean I can't lift it by myself?

country1000
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Once again logic defies you. If I pick up a mattress with my brother to make it easier for myself, does it necessarily mean I can't lift it by myself? What carver mean is that superman did not lift it by himself. You cannot say that he could while there is no proof to back up a claim, on the other hand, ultraman DID it by himself no question, yet not one of them has infinite strength as people ( with sense ) know.

PillarofOsiris
What carver mean is that superman did not lift it by himself. You cannot say that he could while there is no proof to back up a claim, on the other hand, ultraman DID it by himself no question, yet not one of them has infinite strength as people ( with sense ) know.

If you look at how Superman and Ultraman have stacked up against each other, your statement would make no sense. Not only that, but that feat is not the only one in which Superman has lifted infinite weight.

Juntai
Superman DOES NOT have dynamic strength. Not holding back does not make him any stronger. He does not want to hurt NORMAL people, he has went all out against people that are as strong or stronger and got beat. YOU just joined jake by saying that superman has unlimited strength or no known limit. There are people on KMC that KNOW superman and collect his comics too. Dont think that you have ALL the knowledge on superman buddy.

For the people that run here stalking carver, it would look better if you all did not run here to defend superman LIKE YOU DO IN every THREAD superman is in. Carver is right, EVERY TIME hulk gets stronger, you come and make superman stronger to match that hulk, i guess if the next hulk gets hit with a ray to make him 5 times stronger than WBH, you all will come claim that superman will enter a state of Warrior Madness or take his dial to 21. A lot of nothing here. Run along.

Juntai
I find this comment interesting, as I can't recall very many instances in which modern Superman has tried/needed to lift something, and failed... The guy decides that he needs to pull the earth to another location in order to save it, so he does. He decides that he needs to lift half of an infinite amount of weight just so he can figure shit out, so he does.

When the story calls for it, Superman>ALL. He's proven this time and time again. There's nothing Hulk can do strength-wise that I think would be beyond Superman. thumb up

Juntai
Kid has no points he can prove so he goes about insulting people, lol. smh.

and lol @ "Superman can't do that"

to

"Superman only does that because he's DC's favorite" in a few posts.

concession accepted. wink

Existere
Once again logic defies you. If I pick up a mattress with my brother to make it easier for myself, does it necessarily mean I can't lift it by myself? For what it's worth, this reply has a lot less logic going on than what Carver posted, however wrong he may be.

Mindset
You just don't understand how mattresses work.

Existere
You just don't understand shut up.

Mindset
Why...why would you say that?

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm1dqbKu8i1qii6tmo1_400.gif

carver9
Lol

abhilegend
Wonder Woman during Sacrifice.
He was under mind controll.

Batman-Prime
If you look at how Superman and Ultraman have stacked up against each other, your statement would make no sense. Not only that, but that feat is not the only one in which Superman has lifted infinite weight.

thumb up
Especially since Ultraman is just an alternate form of.... surprise! Superman! big grin

country1000
A lot of nothing here. Run along. I already know of your love for superman dude, but answer this question with a simple yes or no... Does superman have infinite strength?

Sr J-Bieb
Wow... talk about more firepower. Dr. Fate would arguably beat Galactus, depending on which Dr. Fate you're talking about. haha, no

country1000
If you look at how Superman and Ultraman have stacked up against each other, your statement would make no sense. Not only that, but that feat is not the only one in which Superman has lifted infinite weight. Ultraman is a villain, its his job to lose to superman or ANY other hero. Dont try and use that to show superman as stronger. How many times have you seen the fantastic 4 stop galactus from consuming the earth? Then he goes off and destroy a more powerful empire? But i see this is a waste of time because you think superman has infinite strength making him stronger than, kurse, WBH, Thanos, , Warrior Madness Thor and the Midgard serpent all packed in the Destroyers armor, because even that Destroyer would not have infinite strength.

Batman-Prime
^Ultraman is an alternate, evil Superman. Think about it^^.
I already know of your love for superman dude, but answer this question with a simple yes or no... Does superman have infinite strength?

Everyone who read FC and has a little understandin of the story, can answer this question. If you didn't read it, here a short answer. "If he needs to"

country1000
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
thumb up
Especially since Ultraman is just an alternate form of.... surprise! Superman! big grin And ultraman gets his tail kicked dont he? Guess why... Surprise!

Batman-Prime
And ultraman gets his tail kicked dont he? Guess why... Surprise!

Sure because he is evil. Doesn't change the fact that he is, powerwise and storywise, nothing else then an alternate Superman. smile Surprise.

country1000
^Ultraman is an alternate, evil Superman. Think about it^^.

Everyone who read FC and has a little understandin of the story, can answer this question. If you didn't read it, here a short answer. "If he needs to" LOL.

country1000
Sure because he is evil. Doesn't change the fact that he is, powerwise and storywise, nothing else then an alternate Superman. smile Surprise. And if superman was evil and ultraman was the good guy.... you catching on now?

Batman-Prime
And if superman was evil and ultraman was the good guy.... you catching on now?

Then Ultraman would be Superman and vice versa. You don't grasp it, really. Hm, maybe you should give it a try and read FC. And if you don't understand it, I will explain it to you, but first read it^^.

country1000
Then Ultraman would be Superman and vice versa. You don't grasp it, really. Hm, maybe you should give it a try and read FC. And if you don't understand it, I will explain it to you, but first read it^^. Nice dodge. Superman would be proud of you.

Batman-Prime
Nice dodge. Superman would be proud of you.

And he would be really disappointed of you, it's one of his best stories, read it. You might finally understand the myth called Superman, and what Ultraman actually is^^.

Juntai
I already know of your love for superman dude, but answer this question with a simple yes or no... Does superman have infinite strength? Superman's strength is limitless. I already said as much in my original post. His strength is just as dynamics as Hulk as it stretches to no measurable end.

It's funny how from the very first page of this thread you've been proven wrong and moved the goal posts and just insulted and taunted people all the way. Clearly a troll.

abhilegend
I already know of your love for superman dude, but answer this question with a simple yes or no... Does superman have infinite strength?
Lulz.

carver9
There are a thousand ways of proving Superman doesn't have near limitless strength just like its a thousand ways of proving Hulk doesn't have near limitless strength. When the time is right, any hero can go a step further at achieving a goal...this doesn't only apply to Superman.

Juntai
There are a thousand ways of proving Superman doesn't have near limitless strength just like its a thousand ways of proving Hulk doesn't have near limitless strength. When the time is right, any hero can go a step further at achieving a goal...this doesn't only apply to Superman. If it has no measurable end, and they keep performing greater and greater feats as time goes, which they do, it is limitless.

Until the point DC or Marvel say 'this is the limit of their strength', then it has none, and just keeps growing as it has. This is why new feats of strength continuously get made and added into threads featuring these characters.

Galan007
Meh, Supes already demonstrated limitless strength when he lifted an infinite amount of weight.

Juntai
Meh, Supes already demonstrated limitless strength when he lifted an infinite amount of weight. This too.

He's never desperately needed to be able to lift something and just couldn't do it.

carver9
If it has no measurable end, and they keep performing greater and greater feats as time goes, which they do, it is limitless.

Until the point DC or Marvel say 'this is the limit of their strength', then it has none, and just keeps growing as it has. This is why new feats of strength continuously get made and added into threads featuring these characters.

This is retarded because both Hulk and Superman failed at achieving things where the strength was needed. Neither of these two or anyone else have limtiless strength. Just because high tier beings never failed to lift anything doesn't mean they have limitless strength, especially when there are people.that are stronger than them. Example, Zeus proved he was stronger than Hulk...Prime proved that he was stronger than Superman. How can someone be stronger than another person with infinite strength?

PillarofOsiris
This is retarded because both Hulk and Superman failed at achieving things where the strength was needed. Neither of these two or anyone else have limtiless strength. Just because high tier beings never failed to lift anything doesn't mean they have limitless strength, especially when there are people.that are stronger than them. Example, Zeus proved he was stronger than Hulk...Prime proved that he was stronger than Superman. How can someone be stronger than another person with infinite strength?

You should know some infinities are bigger than others. While some ARE EQUAL, i.e., there are the "same number" of even integers as there are all integers, there are MORE real numbers than there integers. So some infinities ARE actually bigger than other ones. Here ya go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinality_of_the_continuum

That should explain it so even you can understand.

Also, Prime doesn't hold back, while Superman does.

Juntai
This is retarded because both Hulk and Superman failed at achieving things where the strength was needed. Neither of these two or anyone else have limtiless strength. Just because high tier beings never failed to lift anything doesn't mean they have limitless strength, especially when there are people.that are stronger than them. Example, Zeus proved he was stronger than Hulk...Prime proved that he was stronger than Superman. How can someone be stronger than another person with infinite strength? Levels of infinity and where they start on the scale.

If it has no measurable end, and they keep performing greater and greater feats as time goes, which they do, it is limitless.

Until the point DC or Marvel say 'this is the limit of their strength', then it has none.

You can try to rationalize it in your own mind all you'd like, but the statements are no less entirely true just because you don't agree.

Juntai
You should know some infinities are bigger than others. While some ARE EQUAL, i.e., there are the "same number" of even integers as there are all integers, there are MORE real numbers than there integers. So some infinities ARE actually bigger than other ones. Here ya go:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinality_of_the_continuum

That should explain it so even you can understand.

Also, Prime doesn't hold back, while Superman does. thumb up

Mindset
Levels of infinity aren't real.

Infinity isn't real.

Math is fake.

carver9
Levels of infinity and where they start on the scale.

You can try to rationalize it in your own mind all you'd like, but the statements are no less entirely true just because you don't agree.

SMH.

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset

Infinity isn't real.

Math is fake. http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/11220142_infinityJH.gif

^^That symbol is real, therefore infinity is real, therefore math is at least half real.

Tool. uhuh

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Mindset

Infinity isn't real.

Math is fake.

thumb up

Comics aren't real.

Juntai
thumb up

Comics aren't real. Real isn't real.