Scrapped movie idea's

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
Far as I know there's no other thread like this, not currently anyways. I was thinking we could have a thread where we could talk about scrapped movie idea's or scrapped movies in general. Like things they were gonna have in movies but didn't or movies they were gonna make but didn't.

Myth
I remember being excited for "Used Guys," which would have been Jim Carrey and Ben Stiller in a future comedy directed by Jay Roach. Plot: "Carrey and Stiller will play clones rendered obsolete by superior models whose enhancements include better listening and lovemaking skills. The scorned clones make a run for it, bent on regaining their dignity by searching for a male nirvana known as Mantopia."

It was scrapped due to the budget expected to be the highest ever for a comedy.

Patient_Leech
I seem to recall some stupid idea for Jurassic Park IV in which the dinosaurs had lasers or something attached to them (I'm not sure if this was ever actually considered or not, lol, but I remember hearing it somewhere).

roughrider
The live action version of Akira (with Caucasian actors in the roles) was finally scrapped recently, thank god.

cantrell77
t was scrapped due to the budget expected to be the highest everhttp://www.datasea.info/avatar4.jpg

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I seem to recall some stupid idea for Jurassic Park IV in which the dinosaurs had lasers or something attached to them (I'm not sure if this was ever actually considered or not, lol, but I remember hearing it somewhere).

I remember reading about that idea

sounded too much like Turok: Dinosaur Hunter to me.

steverules_2
Sounds like something Dr. Evil would ask for

the ninjak

Sounds like Dino-Riders I had most of the toys growing up. The dinosaurs walked and creamed on their own! Awesome show!!!

tpuhLkh358Y
eqUvAhrb86Y

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by steverules_2
Sounds like something Dr. Evil would ask for

Exactly. I hope he gets his sharks with laser beams in the next Austin Powers.

Kazenji
Here's the thing i was thinking of

http://www.comicvine.com/bionisaur/29-59267/

Ridley_Prime
Things for Batman & Robin sequel that were thankfully scrapped.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_in_film#Proposals_for_fifth_film

0mega Spawn
Kung Pow 2 mad

marwash22
There was supposed to be a movie a while ago called "Super Max". it was about Green Arrow being imprisoned with a bunch of really dangerous supervillains.

It sounded like it would have been 90+ minutes of the portion of Watchmen where Rorschach was in jail... except likely a lot less awesome.

Esau Cairn
I was always keen on the idea of Burton's take on Superman with Nicholas Cage...

rudester
there was this movie that was suppose to come out a few years ago, it was like, "the book of eli" but it answered the age old question, "if god created the world then did god create himself." It was suppose to be about how he created himself but I guess there was too much red tape for them to actually make it happen. It would have made for an interesting movie.

steverules_2
Rocky vs Predator woulda been a great movie

marwash22
Constantine 2, doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.

steverules_2
I read somewhere that originally in BTTF Doc Brown was gonna create a Nuclear explosion to send Marty back to 1985

Nemesis X
If I remember this right, there were plans for a Chucky vs. Leprechaun movie directed by Ronny Yu but it was cancelled.

steverules_2
There was also plans for pinhead vs Mike Myers and Pinhead vs Freddy vs Jason...none ever happened sad

Nemesis X
There was also plans for pinhead vs Mike Myers and Pinhead vs Freddy vs Jason...none ever happened sad

I am so disappointed.

steverules_2
So was I, they even had an alternate ending to Freddy vs Jason with pinhead but it was never filmed

Kazenji
The movie for Freddy vs Jason vs Ash.

Myth
Exactly. I hope he gets his sharks with laser beams in the next Austin Powers.

Dr. Evil did eventually get sharks with laser beams. I think it was part 3.

steverules_2
Yeah in Austin Powers 3, Scotty got Dr. Evil Sharks with laser beams on their heads as a present

Originally posted by Kazenji
The movie for Freddy vs Jason vs Ash.

Least that was made into a comic where they killed the last surviving characters of Freddy vs Jason, right at the beginning they get killed by Jason.

-Pr-
Originally posted by marwash22
Constantine 2, doesn't seem like it's gonna happen.

I'd watch that.

steverules_2
So would I. I actually enjoyed the first movie, I don't read the comics so I dunno if they got it spot on, fans seem to dislike it and I think the reviews weren't so great. But yeah I liked the first so I woulda liked to have seen a sequel.

-Pr-
It didn't really tie in to the comic that well, but I like catholic imagery when dealing with heaven and hell and all that, and that aspect of the first one was something i really liked.

Kazenji

Least that was made into a comic where they killed the last surviving characters of Freddy vs Jason, right at the beginning they get killed by Jason.

I liked what they did with Ash for it him thinking Jason is a deadite and him working in the area of Camp Crystal lake because of a new S-mart.

Patient_Leech
So would I. I actually enjoyed the first movie, I don't read the comics so I dunno if they got it spot on, fans seem to dislike it and I think the reviews weren't so great. But yeah I liked the first so I woulda liked to have seen a sequel.

Yeah, it ain't perfect, but I really liked it, too. It had a good mix of modern technical effects with old-school character acting. Some things I thought were a little unnecessary like the bugs demon. That probably inflated the budget a bit too high. It seems to me that they could pretty easily make another one with probably half the budget that they used for the first one. Then it's almost guaranteed to be pretty profitable.

steverules_2
I'm not gonna completely count out a a sequel, but that doesn't mean I'm holding my breath for one either

Originally posted by Kazenji
I liked what they did with Ash for it him thinking Jason is a deadite and him working in the area of Camp Crystal lake because of a new S-mart.

I thought they came up with a pretty clever storyline. I wasn't impressed with the sequel though, it wasn't very good imo.

Kazenji

. I wasn't impressed with the sequel though, it wasn't very good imo.

It was okay but yeah could've been better.

steverules_2
It was interesting that they added Freddy's daughter into the mix, and then of course she turned out to be evil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.