CISLESS Surfer vs CISLESS Thor vs CISLESS Superman vs CISLESS Martian Manhunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who comes out on top? Who is the second man standing? Who is the first one to go out?

No bfring.

Starscream M
Superman

Too strong, too fast, too much for anyone else.

He's far better fighter than Surfer.

He's far too fast for Thor.

And he's far tougher than MM.

Superman wins it all, although it would be a tough fight.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Martian Manhunter comes last. Surfer sucks more than other two so he comes in third. Thor for first and Clark in second or vise versa depending on whether you think he can counter the speed advantage.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Martian Manhunter comes last. Surfer sucks more than other two so he comes in third. Thor for first and Clark in second or vise versa depending on whether you think he can counter the speed advantage.
Good reasoning.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Martian Manhunter comes last. Surfer sucks more than other two so he comes in third. Thor for first and Clark in second or vise versa depending on whether you think he can counter the speed advantage. with CIS off, there isn't a doubt in my mind that superman's speed will outclass thor's versatility

TheHulk
1)Superman
2)Thor
3)Surfer
4)Martian Manhunter

janus77
Surfer wipes the floor with the rest of them, literally one-shotting Superman and MM.

abhilegend
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer wipes the floor with the rest of them, literally one-shotting Superman and MM.
Superman sings all of them out in the fractions of nanosecond.

Naija boy
lol threads like this are priceless. Anyway Surfer wins

-Pr-
Superman imo.

country1000
Surfer.

CosmicComet
I'm not yet convinced that Surfer's reflexes are consistently nano-second level. I've only ever seen one scene, and iirc, there was context behind it.

1. Superman
2. Surfer
3. Thor

4. J'onn sucks

Starscream M
Originally posted by Naija boy
lol threads like this are priceless. Anyway Surfer wins You are wrong Naija...surfer doesnt finish in top 2

JakeTheBank
I love a good shit storm.

Boils down to Thor or Superman.

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
I love a good shit storm.

Boils down to Thor or Superman. Be more decisive

abhilegend
Originally posted by CosmicComet
I'm not yet convinced that Surfer's reflexes are consistently nano-second level. I've only ever seen one scene, and iirc, there was context behind it.

1. Superman
2. Surfer
3. Thor

4. J'onn sucks
While I can post superman moving and talking in the fractions of a nanosecond.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Starscream M
Be more decisive

It really boils down on how much stock you put into Clark's dynamic physical prowess versus Thor's energy projection and versatility. Depending on whether Thor and Clark square off against one another or they take J'onn or Surfer, the fight can go either way. Seeing as I'm pretty well versed in both characters, my opinion is pretty accurate, imo.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Starscream M
You are wrong Naija...surfer doesnt finish in top 2

No im not. Go away. Your an idiot smile

1.Surfer
2.Superman
3. Thor
4. Martian Manhunter

carver9
Martian Manhunter isn't getting any credit.

JakeTheBank
Par for the course.

-Pr-
Originally posted by carver9

I don't see how.

CosmicComet

because he is the least handsome person the field.

maybehomo.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
I don't see how.

He is the second most versatile character on the field. He is being.underestimated.

JakeTheBank
He is the second most versatile character on the field. He is being.underestimated.

?

carver9
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
?

Ok, let me reword that. He has the second most "useful powers that could change this fight in his favor". The way his powers work could give him an advantage against all of them minus Surfer.

-Pr-

Losing to those three is not underestimating him.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Losing to those three is not underestimating him.

IMO it is. He isn't far away from them strength wise, is just as fast as them, intangible, telepath, and lots of other useful powers. I can see people arguing about him coming second, but 3rd, hell naw.

-Pr-
IMO it is. He isn't far away from them strength wise, is just as fast as them, intangible, telepath, and lots of other useful powers. I can see people arguing about him coming second, but 3rd, hell naw.

He's not as fast as them. Intangibility can be done by at least two of the other three. Telepathy can be resisted.

The other three are the top three heralds in comics; they're the top dogs. J'onn will make a good account of himself, but the others are always going to be just that bit better in terms of combat effectiveness and feats.

Please, tell us your order.

JakeTheBank
J'onn coming in fourth to Thor, Superman, and Surfer is not a low feat or underestimating him at all. I can't think of many heralds who'd beat all three.

Hell, I wouldn't give him the majority on any of them. The closest might be Thor due to spotty telepathy resistance (varies), but his high end feats don't compare.

h1a8
1. Surfer or Superman
2. Thor
3. MM

the Darkone
Thor or Superman
Silver Surfer
MM

carver9
Thor
And after that, I don't know. I agree, Martian Manhunter is 4th.

Order.

Thor
Surfer or Superman
MM

Digi
This thread is surprisingly holding off on the crazy. I don't have much to say. I lean toward Thor almost as a rule with this crowd, but most of the lists posted are defensible.

Uriel005
If you want to include downright silly feats/top form superman takes this if we go by writer intent. Otherwise I actually edge out Surfer slightly ahead mostly because he has the versatility and power which I'll rate slightly under a top form thor but he has the tendency to be smarter about it and I don't mean hur dur how do I use my powers CIS form but in terms of intelligent usage. CIS off I think Surfer will fight that much smarter and its enough in my book to overcome Thor's edge in raw power.

However suprman top form aka Golden SMP had > implied power than RKT IMO considering he powered the superman dynasty which by default makes him at least as powerful as future Titano times x amount. take that as you will.

So in a fight excluding super high end showings my list is
1) surfer
2) thor
3) superman
4) Manhunter

Fight with super high end showings
1) Superman (Golden Prime)
2) RKT
3) Silver Surfer
4) Martian Manhunter

Slaanesh
Surfer
Supes
Thor
MM

Batman-Prime
Superman
Thor
Surfer
MM

abhilegend
Superman
Thor
Surfer
J'onn

Prep-Man
MM.

Placidity
I think Martian Manhunter would be among the top three, or likely finish second.

Here's why - This topic is about a free for all, hence "who would be the last man standing"?

Now MM can just stay out of the fight by going Invisible and Intangible. Now sure, he can still be "attacked" but would the others really bother wasting their time channeling those powers while everyone else could potentially attack them?

Superman being the fastest (to his detriment) would immediately go after Silver Surfer or Thor, whoever he doesn't fight will just chill or engage MM. After Superman vs Thor/SS, they would be damaged already, leaving Thor/SS to clean him up.

And if they still haven't dealt with MM yet, he could possibly even finish first since he starts at max capacity with full "hp" (lol).

If you apply "game theory" MM should not be last.

Now as for some sort of (CISLESS) power ranking that I think most people have mistaken the thread for:

1. Silver Surfer
2. Superman/Thor
3. Martian Manhunter

For me, even on that list MM isn't far behind at all.

h1a8
Originally posted by Placidity
I think Martian Manhunter would be among the top three, or likely finish second.

Here's why - This topic is about a free for all, hence "who would be the last man standing"?

Now MM can just stay out of the fight by going Invisible and Intangible. Now sure, he can still be "attacked" but would the others really bother wasting their time channeling those powers while everyone else could potentially attack them?

Superman being the fastest (to his detriment) would immediately go after Silver Surfer or Thor, whoever he doesn't fight will just chill or engage MM. After Superman vs Thor/SS, they would be damaged already, leaving Thor/SS to clean him up.

And if they still haven't dealt with MM yet, he could possibly even finish first since he starts at max capacity with full "hp" (lol).

If you apply "game theory" MM should not be last.

Now as for some sort of (CISLESS) power ranking that I think most people have mistaken the thread for:

1. Silver Surfer
2. Superman/Thor
3. Martian Manhunter

For me, even on that list MM isn't far behind at all.

Good point but Surfer could stay intangible too and allow the others to fight each other. Superman could vibrate intangible as well. So I'll try to add to your post.

MM can become both invisible and intangible and screw with one of the other's minds at full power. This would allow that combatant, whose he screws with, to lose quickly. For example, if Jonn chooses to mess with X character's mind (they may be resistant but not 100% immune) then that character would at least slighty lose focus and be more open to attack from the others. The character will then fall and Jonn will work on another character until he is in the top 2.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.