High End Magic vs....Top Tier Psionics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
Which is more effective against the other?

Think Nate Grey(empowered), Jean (sans PF), or maybe Bloodties Exodus, or Vulcan against....Talisman, or Strange, or Zatanna.

But on a completely higher scale

abhilegend
Mages. Telepaths sucks at that level. Just ask j'onn.

JakeTheBank
High end magic basically gives you telepathy + god knows what else.

"Id"
High End Psionics vs Mystics of the same Tier?

Psionics hands down.

The Telepathy gained at these levels evolve into something more than its classical definition. It borderlines into a form of Cosmic Awareness rivaling the likes of Dr. Fate or Genis-Vell.

Same with Telekinesis and its hard psionic applications. At these levels they are able to mold the contents of the physical world just by willing it.

Plutonian has shown us how he can become a physical beast the likes of Superman or Black Adam. X-Man & Cable have demonstrated just how Godly their TK rivaling the likes such as Heralds or Eternals.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by "Id"
High End Psionics vs Mystics of the same Tier?

Psionics hands down.

The Telepathy gained at these levels evolve into something more than its classical definition. It borderlines into a form of Cosmic Awareness rivaling the likes of Dr. Fate or Genis-Vell.

Same with Telekinesis and its hard psionic applications. At these levels they are able to mold the contents of the physical world just by willing it.

Plutonian has shown us how he can become a physical beast the likes of Superman or Black Adam. X-Man & Cable have demonstrated just how Godly their TK rivaling the likes such as Heralds or Eternals.

this^ people tend to discredit psionics at that level because mages have more of the spotlight. but once u reach shaman nate and plutonian levels u r just as deadly as fate and strange

abhilegend
^How many psionics are at that level though? Mages don't have a cap on their level, take mordru or nabu for example.

"Id"
Originally posted by abhilegend
^How many psionics are at that level though? Mages don't have a cap on their level, take mordru or nabu for example.

I cant think of too many who are in the middle ground. There is a huge gab between High Herald - Skyfather. For the most part once a Psychic transcends, they hit abstract level.

Look at Mad James Jaspers. His reality warpings? Grand Scale Telekinesis.

Franklin Richards, White Phoenix, Marquis of Death, Legion...their reality warpings are based on psi.

Existere
Yeah, there's no real way to answer this question. With such ill-defined and open powersets as 'magic' or 'psionics', once you pass a certain threshold, it's all the same set of abilities, just from a different source.

I suppose in DC, magic may trump eventually, given that the highest cosmic beings in the DCU are magic.

le shrug

"Id"
Yeah DC has a rich mythos based on magic. On the other hand psionics are a dime a dozen in Marvel. It keeps up with the whole humanities potential of transcending into a superior beings.

But when it comes down to it, Psionics biggest heavy hitter falls short to DC Magic. As I do not see any Psionic trumping Mixy. Period.

But that has little to do with Magic>Psi, and more of the fact that Mixy has more raw power.

Flyattractor
Sting from the Valiant comics was a pretty bad ass psionic.
He could even stop light.
He could kick some ass.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by Existere
Yeah, there's no real way to answer this question. With such ill-defined and open powersets as 'magic' or 'psionics', once you pass a certain threshold, it's all the same set of abilities, just from a different source.

I suppose in DC, magic may trump eventually, given that the highest cosmic beings in the DCU are magic.

le shrug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.