Merlin Vs Nabu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
DCnU Merlin
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/2050831-merlin_2_large.jpg
Pre-Flashpoint Merlin
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/15297/627932-merlin_s_realm_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/38734/1088379-nabu_large.jpg

quanchi112
That picture of Nabu with his man servant is disturbing.

lilshogun
Chaos & Order powers Nabu. Merlin needs higer power to defeat nabu''s back up.

Galan007
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t1/11277110_DK04_pg004004.jpg

whistle

Digi
Originally posted by Galan007
whistle

Did we just get sonned hardcore through the 4th wall?

Galan007
^ laughing out loud

Not really sure how the ability to hold all of time/space in one's hands crosses over into a forum battle... But at first sight, it makes Merlin *seem* well beyond Nabu. /shrug

Uriel005
Whelp Nabu nice knowing you... that scan just won me over. Don't really follow anything on DC Merlin and can't say much other than... wow... and etrigan.

ares834
whistle

Meh. That happened in a vision and didn't happen just like the holy grail being destroyed didn't happen.

Galan007
^ That vision was quite real, actually. Go back and reread the issue.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Meh. That happened in a vision and didn't happen just like the holy grail being destroyed didn't happen. What issue so I can weigh in here.

Galan007
Demon Knights #4.

Everything Merlin told her was factual. They were communing outside of time--which was stated on a few occasions.

quanchi112
Demon Knights #4.

Everything Merlin told her was factual. They were communing outside of time--which was stated on a few occasions. Due to my battlezone I have issues 1-4 just in case. I never really looked through them. Give me a moment for a quit perusing.

Cogito
In the most recent Demon Knights, Mordru called himself the most powerful magician - to which Xanadu said Merlin was the most powerful ever (and she was #2 as his student).

Or maybe Xanadu said Merlin was the most powerful and then Mordru countered with himself being the most powerful, my memory is fuzzy and I don't have it in front of me.

Either way, it gives a general impression of how powerful Merlin is. There's a significant chance of exaggeration going on, though, and such statements should always be taken with a handful of salt.

quanchi112
I agree by just perusing the one issue it's exaggerated and in no way, shape, or form denotes combat superiority to Nabu.

Galan007
It's not exaggerated in the slightest. This series has made it clear that Merlin isn't just some pesky mage--he is a cosmic powerhouse. Again, though, holding all of time/space in his hands (as Merlin WAS doing) is impressive, but also quite hard to apply to any sort of combat feat.

But imo, he would be beyond Nabu.

quanchi112
It's not exaggerated in the slightest. This series has made it clear that Merlin isn't just some pesky mage--he is a cosmic powerhouse. Again, though, holding all of time/space in his hands (as Merlin WAS doing) is impressive, but also quite hard to apply to any sort of combat feat.

But imo, he would be beyond Nabu. Why would he be beyond Nabu iyo ?

Galan007
Feat-wise? He hasn't done anything to warrant it. Merlin just *seems* like he is on another level.

I don't see Nabu holding all of time/space in his hands, for instance. Just my opinion.

quanchi112
Feat-wise? He hasn't done anything to warrant it. Merlin just *seems* like he is on another level.

I don't see Nabu holding all of time/space in his hands, for instance. Just my opinion. That's another feat you know perfectly well won't mean anything when some jackass with an enchanted sword comes his way.

To me it's like saying Odin is beyond Galactus with his best combat feats of wrecking galaxies, affecting the entire space time continuum, or the multiverse.

You have to wait to see how Merlin handles himself against a top tier mage or other foe.

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
That's another feat you know perfectly well won't mean anything when some jackass with an enchanted sword comes his way. Who knows? Merlin was started to be > Mordru (> ANY magic user, in fact)--which in itself should tell you how powerful the codger was.

Regardless, since Merlin is no longer among the 'physical' world, we'll likely never know what he was capable of. He just seems more impressive to me.

quanchi112
Who knows? Merlin was started to be > Mordru (> ANY magic user, in fact)--which in itself should tell you how powerful the codger was.

Regardless, since Merlin is no longer among the 'physical' world, we'll likely never know what he was capable of. He just seems more impressive to me. The new dcnu Merlin. Usually in works of fiction Merlin gets top billing. I just don't think that feat proves anything in regards to how he stacks up against Nabu.

Cogito
It's not exaggerated in the slightest.

The reason exaggeration might be in play is because of the latter half of Xanadu's statement -- that she is the second most powerful magician of all time.

That reeks of bullshit to me.

Galan007
The new dcnu Merlin.

I just don't think that feat proves anything in regards to how he stacks up against Nabu. Not that it matters, but the same thing was stated about pre-Flashpoint Merlin--during Madame Xanadu's series.

Like I said, holding all of time/space in his hands just isn't something I personally seem Nabu being able to do. Ever. You're welcome to disagree, but I feel like Merlin is simply on another level entirely.

Galan007
Originally posted by Cogito
The reason exaggeration might be in play is because of the latter half of Xanadu's statement -- that she is the second most powerful magician of all time.

That reeks of bullshit to me. She did exceptionally well vs. a fully powered Mordru, though. So she deserves some props for that.

Either way, the "not exaggerated" bit I was referring to was when Merlin held all of time/sapce in his palm--that wasn't exaggerated, he really did it.

quanchi112
Not that it matters, but the same thing was stated about pre-Flashpoint Merlin--during Madame Xanadu's series.

Like I said, holding all of time/space in his hands just isn't something I personally seem Nabu being able to do. Ever. You're welcome to disagree, but I feel like Merlin is simply on another level entirely. Pre flashpoint Merlin isn't dcnu Merlin.

Just because Nabu can't do so doesn't mean he can't beat him. Someone may be able to lift 500 lbs. that doesn't mean they beat up the mma guywho can't bench it in a fight. Think about it that way.

Galan007
Pre flashpoint Merlin isn't dcnu Merlin.

Just because Nabu can't do so doesn't mean he can't beat him. Someone may be able to lift 500 lbs. that doesn't mean they beat up the mma guywho can't bench it in a fight. Think about it that way. Both versions are in this thread, though. wink

Real world analogies go out the window when we're talking about purely conceptual feats that shatter the laws of physics.

quanchi112
Both versions are in this thread, though. wink

Real world analogies go out the window when we're talking about purely conceptual feats that shatter the laws of physics. I don't think they do. The same logic applies. If someone came at Merlin he isn't going to step outside the box and crush space/time to defeat him.

Nice feat and all but doesn't really factor into a combat feat imo.

Galan007
That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Like I said: it is simply my opinion that Merlin is >.

quanchi112
That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. Like I said: it is simply my opinion that Merlin is >. Let's argue some more about it. stick out tongue

Galan007
I refuse. g007-psyduck

ares834
^ That vision was quite real, actually. Go back and reread the issue.

I have no doubt that Merlin was real, what I am questionng is if he was actually holding time and space as the grail he breaks afterwards wasn't the real grail.

Galan007
He seemed to have been. Nothing in that scene contradicted it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.