Magnus the Red vs Kratos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nephthys
Nemebro wanks both these dudes. So I wonder who he'll wank the most and rank the most. mmm

http://images.wikia.com/warhammer40k/images/f/f2/Magnus_The_Red_attacking_Space_Wolves.jpg

vs

http://images.wikia.com/mk/images/0/09/Kratos123.png

They fight in the Pokemon Colosseum. Both at full powah.

NemeBro
Magnus could solo God of War.

This is a stomp.

Nephthys
http://www.court-records.net/animation/phoenix-thinking%28a%29.gif

But surely Kratos is far faster than Magnus.

NemeBro
Kratos probably couldn't actually injure Magnus to any signifigant extent.

He isn't getting through his psychic shield, armour, and skin in one slash.

A Primarch as a baby, unarmoured, plummeted through the crust of a planet, which was composed of Adamantium, so very durable, and left a massive crater in his wake, with the Primarch stopping near the core of the planet.

He proceeded to crawl out.

And Magnus needs exactly a thought to crush Kratos's mind like a grape.

Edit: Magnus can also stop time on a planetary scale, which, while it may not stop him completely, it will slow him down.

TheAuraAngel
No offensive NemeBro...But Magnus looks lame as ****.

Nephthys
That must have been one ****ing fat baby. no expression

NemeBro
Nah Konrad Curze is actually not that big for a Primarch (Magnus is the largest if you care).

And yeah, Neph, that picture ****ing sucks, lol.

Nephthys
The picture matches up with his model. I guess Magnus is just really lame.

ares834
Originally posted by NemeBro
A Primarch as a baby, unarmoured, plummeted through the crust of a planet, which was composed of Adamantium, so very durable, and left a massive crater in his wake, with the Primarch stopping near the core of the planet.

He proceeded to crawl out.

lol

Anyway, yeah Magnus looks ****in lame there. Does he ever become a badass-looking demon like Angron?

NemeBro
Magnus... Doesn't have a model. no expression

Not an official one, in normal games.

He has an Epic model, but epic isn't really canon in terms of its models.

Edit: Magnus is actually eerily human for a Daemon Primarch, in terms of appearance.

This is Magnus as a normal Primarch.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee224/Pyronftw/596px-Magnus_Coven-Personal_Bodyguard.jpg

This is Magnus as a Daemon Primarch.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee224/Pyronftw/504px-Magnusthered2.jpg

Nephthys
Google really didn't offer me much choice in pictures that weren't too big.

TheAuraAngel
Yeah those still suck lol.

NemeBro
The only thing that bothers me is how much the size of Magnus's arms vary between the two pictures.

ares834
Damn, so he still looks lame. Kinda strange you'd think that becoming a Daemon of Tzeentch would really change your apperance and not just turn you red.

NemeBro
Magnus was always red, lol.

And stfu the top picture is cool.

Nephthys
Well I think we can all agree that Kratos wins in terms of style at least.

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by Nephthys
Well I think we can all agree that Kratos wins in terms of style at least.

Considering his alternative is a hairy Rulk, not surprising.

FinalAnswer
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/298/1/2/magnus_the_red_by_koowanchee-d4dxmlm.jpg

Magnus the Red looks ugly my ass.

ares834
lol

Then you have one very ugly ass.

Magnus was always red, lol.

And stfu the top picture is cool.

He is red in that top picture... Doesn't really look it. (Guess it explains the name though...)

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by ares834
lol

Then you have one very ugly ass.

What are you talking about simpleton?

TheAuraAngel
It's all purple and red and horny and hairy. :T

FinalAnswer
That's what she said.

ares834
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
What are you talking about simpleton?

I thought you said "Magnus looks like my ass"...

embarrasment

TheAuraAngel
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
That's what she said.

About your ass? o.O

This thread man.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by ares834
I thought you said "Magnus looks like my ass"...

embarrasment

Obviously you are delusional.

You should feel bad.

ABOUT YOUR MOM

Nephthys
Fuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Aura wasn't just burned just now, he was incinerated!

TheAuraAngel
M-My Mom is Magnus the Red!?!?! http://lparchive.org/Pokemon-Emerald/Smilies/emot-gonk.gif

Nephthys
Now I can see where you get your good looks.

ares834
lol

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
M-My Mom is Magnus the Red!?!?! http://lparchive.org/Pokemon-Emerald/Smilies/emot-gonk.gif

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/256/617/ba4.jpg

RE: Blaxican
Anyone who loses to leman russ is a *****.

NemeBro
Actually FA, Magnus the Red is canonically, well, kind of ugly, by Primarch standards, lol.

By Lorgar's own admission, who is Magnus's biggest fanboy, Magnus was never good looking.

Indeed, and Lorgar is the second highest authority on primarch fashion behind Fulgrim, what with his Twilight-esque sparkling and his dress.

NemeBro
Uh, no, Sanguinius>Lorgar in that regard.

Seriously. no expression

Wearing lipstick and make-up with curls in his long black hair in Horus Rising ftw. haermm

Nephthys
In the grim darkness of the future, there is only lipstick. haermm

ArtificialGlory
That is one ugly mother****er.

Didn't Sanguinius have blond hair?

NemeBro
Fluff is really ****ing inconsistent on the color of Sanguinius's hair for some weird ass reason.

Personally I prefer thinking of him as having blonde hair.

Nephthys
Maybe he dyes it?

ArtificialGlory
Maybe he dyes it?

Maybe he wears stockings under his armour, too?

Nephthys
Well if he wears lipstick and curls.....

NemeBro
Ironically Sanguinius is one of the stronger and more badass Primarchs.

ArtificialGlory
Yeah, he was the most well-liked Primarch in general.

CosmicComet
Don't know shit about magnus, but f*ck yall saying he looks lame.

He looks interesting.

Nephthys
He looks like a giant red troll-doll in power armor.

I suppose thats interesting.

ArtificialGlory
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_z_KxrpkBTL0/TQWaxwkR6XI/AAAAAAAADEo/6nz9MpOLMBE/s1600/trolls-doll-red-hair.jpg

Give the doll reddish skin and some shiny armour, and the resemblance would be very uncanny.

CosmicComet
He looks like a giant red troll-doll in power armor.

I suppose thats interesting.

you are a gay.

and a lesbian.

Uh, no, Sanguinius>Lorgar in that regard.

Seriously. no expression

Wearing lipstick and make-up with curls in his long black hair in Horus Rising ftw. haermm That d'unt count because it was some kind of funeral ritual. Goldilocks may be faaaaaaabulous, but he isn't as consistently trendy as **** as Fulgrim and Lorgar are.

Also, his nickname is "goldilocks" for a reason, you nitwit. uhuh

NemeBro
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Don't know shit about magnus, but f*ck yall saying he looks lame.

He looks interesting. Magnus is the Primarch (Basically, the leading general and demigod warrior) of the Thousand Sons legion of Space Marines, from the Warhammer 40,000 setting.

Among all the legions, the Thousand Sons were (in)famous for their unparalleled mastery of arcane knowledge and psychic power (Psychic powers are basically magic in the 40k universe). Magnus himself was renowned as being the most powerful psyker among all the Primarchs, and in the 40k setting he is the most powerful psyker short of his father, the Emperor of Mankind. Magnus was also known for his fearsome appearance, with unattractive features and a single eye that changed color and intensity seemingly at random but also due to his mood, and was known to be a giant. Even among Primarchs, who average at a little over ten feet tall, Magnus was considered enormous, his size unmatched by any other Primarch, with only Leman Russ of the Space Wolves and Ferrus Manus of the Iron Hands nearing his size. It should also be mentioned that some, notably Horus and Lorgar, seem to consider Magnus the most powerful Primarch as well, Lorgar outright stating it, and Horus implying it when he tried to enlist Magnus's help in controlling an enraged Lorgar (Only for Magnus to tell Horus to stop being a pussy and handle his own ship).

As for his actual power, he is an enormously powerful telepath. Lorgar proved himself capable of psychically toying with a Daemon that could control the minds of an entire planet-wide civilization, he could have killed it at any time. Magnus then, with a chunk of his psychic power devoted towards maintaining a psychic apparition/avatar on the presence of Lorgar's ship (Magnus himself was on the other side of the galaxy), telepathically dominated Lorgar. Magnus can also slow and even stop time on a planet-wide scale, and can kill hundreds of Space Marines by glancing at them.

Oh and as a Primarch he can punch mountains to rubble and stuff.

Edit: JUST TO LET YOU KNOW STUFF ABOUT MAGNUS.

Demonic Phoenix
So he's like one of the top tiers in 40k?

He got his shit literally pushed in and had his spine snapped in the process by a guy who has no magikal powers. He's the laemest primarch ever and also kind of a smarmy douchebag.

NemeBro
Leman Russ is sort of an active psyker actually, capable of canceling out the psychic powers of every member of the Thousand Sons short of Magnus himself. That is the extent of his displayed power though.

Oh and Leman Russ had help from Tzeentch, you know, a Chaos God, in that battle.

Magnus in that fight had destroyed his armour, punched his fist through one of Leman Russ's hearts, stabbed a psychic blade through his chest and out of his back, burned and scalded Leman Russ's skin with psyflame, and killed both of the massive tank-sized wolves that Leman Russ brought to help fight Magnus, rather than facing him himself. Oh, and Magnus kind of decimated the Space Wolves legion, while in the middle of fighting Leman Russ.

Leman Russ meanwhile broke Magnus's arm. That's it.

Magnus dominated Russ in a close quarters battle, where Russ excels, for most of the fight. This despite the fact that Russ came to Prospero with the sole intention of taking out Magnus, and Magnus himself was mentally not all there, his pride already broken.

Then, when Magnus burned and blinded Russ, Russ "flailed blindly" and scored a lucky hit on Magnus's only eye, impeding his psychic powers (Which were destroying the surface of Prospero) and blinding him. So basically it was a lucky shot.

Despite this, Magnus still had enough psychic power to transport his entire Legion and all the survivors of the razing of Prospero, millions of people, into the Eye of Terror on a new planet (Magnus himself was saved by Tzeentch).

I should point out that Magnus fought Leman Russ in the presence of a coalition of Silent Sisters, Blanks who damage and cancel psychic powers.

The space puppy would be dead were it not for a single lucky shot.

Oh and Lorgar beat the shit out of Fulgrim, so effortlessly it was sad.

Edit: And yeah DP, all Primarchs are 40k top tiers. To get much higher than a Primarch in power, you need to basically be one of the setting's gods. The Chaos Gods, C'tan, God Emperor, Gork and Mork, Eldar deities, etc.

And he still lost. See what I mean about how he's a pussy?

Ahriman is the real hero of the Thousand Sons.

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
And he still lost. See what I mean about how he's a pussy?

Arihman is the real hero of the Thousand Sons.

*Ahriman

*Ahriman No, it's spelled "Ahriman".

edit- Don't think I didn't see your ninja edit bro.

Also reported for editing quotes.

NemeBro
Fulgrim was beaten up by Lorgar and Leman Russ speaks with a wet-leopard pur (No seriously).

... Why don't you like Magnus?

The story of the Horus Heresy is supposed to resemble a Greek Tragedy, and no Primarch epitomises that more than Magnus.

I don't like Magnus because he was a smarmy douchebag who was completely responsible for his own demise. Fulgrim's fall was somewhat tragic, because while his own arrogance contributed to it, he at least gets a pass for essentially being mind controlled by a daemon possessed sword; Horus' fall is tragic because while his arrogance contributed to it, he gets a pass for being thoroughly ignorant about how chaos works, and having the weight of the entire galaxy on his shoulders as Warmaster. But Magnus, every **** up he did was because he thought he was genuinely better than pretty much everyone else. He spent the first quarter of the book lol"ing at an ultra powerful daemon and another primarch whom he already knows hates his guts, and then he spent the second quarter of the book lol"ing at everyone at the trial and telling allegorical stories that show him and his legion as God's gift to the world while everyone else is a retarded superstitious caveman, and then he spends the third quarter of the book sacrificing astropath virgins, ordering civilians to be tortured until they die, and lol"ing at more daemons. Then there's the fourth quarter of the book, where he mind rapes a couple members of his legion and hands the entire planet to the space wolves on a platter and allows the population to be slaughtered while he sulks in his tower. And then at the end he gets his back broken and teleports them all away to the Eye of Terror. <--- Obviously a gross oversimplification of the plot, but still.

In order for a character to be tragic, he has to be sympathetic. I don't feel any sympathy for Magnus' plight any more than I'd feel sympathy for a kid who gets burned by fire after being told not to touch it twenty times.

While The Thousand Sons are indeed really tragic- like, the end of the story where all the captains tutelaries or whatever started turning on them was pretty horrific- Magnus himself just got what he deserved, imo, his good intentions be damned.

I would say that he really is the strongest primarch though. I can't see any reason why he or his legion would ever lose to another legion in a straight up fight, and I think that's backed up by the fact that McNeil never actually describes "how" the space wolves were beating up on them. Leman Russ and the others just "did".

NemeBro
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I don't like Magnus because he was a smarmy douchebag who was completely responsible for his own demise.

I agree with the last part.

He was so arrogant that he assumed he was experiencing sub-conscious thoughts that he never had before and that this was an extension of his perfection, because it seemed impossible that such a perfect being as he could be influenced by something else.

Plus he talks to shit paintings, as in, literally painted with fecal matter.

Erebus: Yo dawg statues will be built of Primarchs, but not you, you won't be remembered.

Horus: WHAT THE **** I AM AWESOME I DESERVE TO BE IMMORTALISED.

What an assblaster.

I should point out that Magnus was also, despite his belief, ignorant of the true nature of Chaos, unaware of the gods that lurked inside.

Of course.

The one he crushed in the palm of his hand?

Russ and Magnus have a long history of vitriol against one another, and to be blunt Russ is factually an ignorant savage.

Russ and Magnus are a lot alike, in that they both think they know what's what better than everyone else. Even many other Primarchs think Russ stepped way out of line with how he handled the Prospero issue, he was meant to detain Magnus the Red and sanction the planet, not bomb it from orbit before staging a full-scale invasion.

Magnus treats Russ like an ignorant savage because he is one. He promised Magnus that he would leave the library intact for the Sons after the war on Shrike. He proceeds to go back on his word and attack the Thousand Sons, trying to burn the library. He then has the audacity to get pissed off when the Wolves get their asses kicked (I should add that none of the Space Wolves were killed, the Sons incapacitated them nonlethally), and desired right then and there to kill Magnus, and were it not for Lorgar's intervention, he would have tried to.

And as Prospero Burns shows, the Thousand Sons defecting to Chaos could have been completely avoided if Russ would have not always assumed the worst about Magnus.

His main opponent in the debate was Mortarion. Mortarion, one of the most simple, brutal, and sinister Primarchs. And... Why shouldn't Magnus think lesser of the people who deceived him into coming to what he was told was a war council, that turned out to be a ****ing trial? Most damning is that most of the Primarchs were there to watch the trial, but only Sanguinius, Fulgrim, and Mortarion had the balls to show their faces to him (Russ would have liked to, but the Emperor forbade it).

Magnus, despite his anger, presented his case well, and actually got the majority of the spectators to join his side. But then of course in comes the Emperor handling shit in a heavy-handed and idiotic way, as he always does.

The Emperor doesn't explain why his way of thinking is right, he just tells you what the **** to do and expects you to listen. Many of the Primarchs understandably didn't respond well to that.

True, Magnus, as all Primarchs do, views mortals as fairly expendable.

More or less, yes.

Emperor: Hey Magnus don't do that.
Magnus: Why not?
Emperor: SHUT THE **** UP AND DO WHAT I SAY.

The Emperor consistently lied to his Primarchs and didn't trust them with anything.

What makes Magnus sympathetic and tragic though is that, barring borderline Sues like Sanguinius, Magnus was one of the most personiable, charismatic, and kind Primarchs. Although he did indeed believe himself to be the bestest ever, he also treated mortals, mere humans, better than most Primarchs would. He also did in fact have noble intentions from the end, and while he made mistakes, it only got so bad because of guys like Leman Russ, Valdor, and the Emperor.

Need I remind you that Magnus accidently destroyed the Webway. Had the Emperor just, you know, told the guy he wanted to sit on it about what he was doing on Terra, it could have been entirely avoided.

Oh I would agree, Magnus more or less got what he deserved, but his sons did not.

The Thousand Sons were the smallest legion by a pretty signifigant margin. They number ten thousand. Most other legions number in the hundred thousands. Though yeah, man for man, no other Astartes Legion matches the Thousand Sons. They are basically Grey Knights before Grey Knights.

Also, yeah it is described. Their psychic powers backlash on them throughout the fight, due to Tzeentch ****ery.

ArtificialGlory
Wait a moment... Fulgrim enjoyed turdffiti? Sick ****er.

NemeBro
Yes, Fulgrim's favorite painting was a turdfitti portrait of himself.

Well, turds, saliva, vomit, blood, piss, and IIRC menstrual cycles too.

Fulgrim was a weird book.

ArtificialGlory
Yes, Fulgrim's favorite painting was a turdfitti portrait of himself.

Well, turds, saliva, vomit, blood, piss, and IIRC menstrual cycles too.

Fulgrim was a weird book.

Why be so pompous about it though? It's nothing you couldn't find in a gas station toilet.

Uriel005
Magnus is the Primarch (Basically, the leading general and demigod warrior) of the Thousand Sons legion of Space Marines, from the Warhammer 40,000 setting.

Among all the legions, the Thousand Sons were (in)famous for their unparalleled mastery of arcane knowledge and psychic power (Psychic powers are basically magic in the 40k universe). Magnus himself was renowned as being the most powerful psyker among all the Primarchs, and in the 40k setting he is the most powerful psyker short of his father, the Emperor of Mankind. Magnus was also known for his fearsome appearance, with unattractive features and a single eye that changed color and intensity seemingly at random but also due to his mood, and was known to be a giant. Even among Primarchs, who average at a little over ten feet tall, Magnus was considered enormous, his size unmatched by any other Primarch, with only Leman Russ of the Space Wolves and Ferrus Manus of the Iron Hands nearing his size. It should also be mentioned that some, notably Horus and Lorgar, seem to consider Magnus the most powerful Primarch as well, Lorgar outright stating it, and Horus implying it when he tried to enlist Magnus's help in controlling an enraged Lorgar (Only for Magnus to tell Horus to stop being a pussy and handle his own ship).

As for his actual power, he is an enormously powerful telepath. Lorgar proved himself capable of psychically toying with a Daemon that could control the minds of an entire planet-wide civilization, he could have killed it at any time. Magnus then, with a chunk of his psychic power devoted towards maintaining a psychic apparition/avatar on the presence of Lorgar's ship (Magnus himself was on the other side of the galaxy), telepathically dominated Lorgar. Magnus can also slow and even stop time on a planet-wide scale, and can kill hundreds of Space Marines by glancing at them.

Oh and as a Primarch he can punch mountains to rubble and stuff.

Edit: JUST TO LET YOU KNOW STUFF ABOUT MAGNUS. Yes he is the most powerful psyker of the primarchs but I don't think there's enough definitive proof to say strongest under the Emperor. The definitive proof would have been if he could survive the Golden Throne as the Emperor thought he could but at the same time he thought the same of Malcador former head of the Officio Assassinorium and ridiculous baddass but that burned him out. But even if so I'd say the Apex Twins are superior psykers by far. They kinda just rampage around wrecking shit without any real plans.

I agree with the last part.

He was so arrogant that he assumed he was experiencing sub-conscious thoughts that he never had before and that this was an extension of his perfection, because it seemed impossible that such a perfect being as he could be influenced by something else.

Plus he talks to shit paintings, as in, literally painted with fecal matter.

Erebus: Yo dawg statues will be built of Primarchs, but not you, you won't be remembered.

Horus: WHAT THE **** I AM AWESOME I DESERVE TO BE IMMORTALISED.

What an assblaster.

I should point out that Magnus was also, despite his belief, ignorant of the true nature of Chaos, unaware of the gods that lurked inside.

Of course.

The one he crushed in the palm of his hand?

Russ and Magnus have a long history of vitriol against one another, and to be blunt Russ is factually an ignorant savage.

Russ and Magnus are a lot alike, in that they both think they know what's what better than everyone else. Even many other Primarchs think Russ stepped way out of line with how he handled the Prospero issue, he was meant to detain Magnus the Red and sanction the planet, not bomb it from orbit before staging a full-scale invasion.

Magnus treats Russ like an ignorant savage because he is one. He promised Magnus that he would leave the library intact for the Sons after the war on Shrike. He proceeds to go back on his word and attack the Thousand Sons, trying to burn the library. He then has the audacity to get pissed off when the Wolves get their asses kicked (I should add that none of the Space Wolves were killed, the Sons incapacitated them nonlethally), and desired right then and there to kill Magnus, and were it not for Lorgar's intervention, he would have tried to.

And as Prospero Burns shows, the Thousand Sons defecting to Chaos could have been completely avoided if Russ would have not always assumed the worst about Magnus.

His main opponent in the debate was Mortarion. Mortarion, one of the most simple, brutal, and sinister Primarchs. And... Why shouldn't Magnus think lesser of the people who deceived him into coming to what he was told was a war council, that turned out to be a ****ing trial? Most damning is that most of the Primarchs were there to watch the trial, but only Sanguinius, Fulgrim, and Mortarion had the balls to show their faces to him (Russ would have liked to, but the Emperor forbade it).

Magnus, despite his anger, presented his case well, and actually got the majority of the spectators to join his side. But then of course in comes the Emperor handling shit in a heavy-handed and idiotic way, as he always does.

The Emperor doesn't explain why his way of thinking is right, he just tells you what the **** to do and expects you to listen. Many of the Primarchs understandably didn't respond well to that.

True, Magnus, as all Primarchs do, views mortals as fairly expendable.

More or less, yes.

Emperor: Hey Magnus don't do that.
Magnus: Why not?
Emperor: SHUT THE **** UP AND DO WHAT I SAY.

The Emperor consistently lied to his Primarchs and didn't trust them with anything.

What makes Magnus sympathetic and tragic though is that, barring borderline Sues like Sanguinius, Magnus was one of the most personiable, charismatic, and kind Primarchs. Although he did indeed believe himself to be the bestest ever, he also treated mortals, mere humans, better than most Primarchs would. He also did in fact have noble intentions from the end, and while he made mistakes, it only got so bad because of guys like Leman Russ, Valdor, and the Emperor.

Need I remind you that Magnus accidently destroyed the Webway. Had the Emperor just, you know, told the guy he wanted to sit on it about what he was doing on Terra, it could have been entirely avoided.

Oh I would agree, Magnus more or less got what he deserved, but his sons did not.

The Thousand Sons were the smallest legion by a pretty signifigant margin. They number ten thousand. Most other legions number in the hundred thousands. Though yeah, man for man, no other Astartes Legion matches the Thousand Sons. They are basically Grey Knights before Grey Knights.

Also, yeah it is described. Their psychic powers backlash on them throughout the fight, due to Tzeentch ****ery.

Also Russ isn't an ignorant savage, just a savage. The ignorance is debatable depending on where you stand on the absolute corrupting force of chaos. Russ just happened to be on the other side of the argument which by default makes him come off as rather barbaric because it is counter psychic evolution/warp-study in deference to the safety of non-psychic/nonwarp habits. Personally felt Magnus was right about 90% of his shit but the missing 10% was the more important bit long term, being that chaos is in the long term an absolute force of corruption so long as the chaos gods exist.

Magnus also was definitely not the most independently powerful of the Primarchs. All gear included and personal effects, I'd actually have to argue that Vulcan was the best. His tech advantage would negate most if not all natural advantages the other primarchs had. On top of that Vulkan was probably the most physically dominating in terms of raw strength except maybe Angron.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Uriel005
On top of that Vulkan was probably the most physically dominating in terms of raw strength except maybe Angron.

Actually, Vulkan is stated to be physically stronger then everyone except Ferrus, who is pretty much his equal.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Uriel005
Yes he is the most powerful psyker of the primarchs but I don't think there's enough definitive proof to say strongest under the Emperor. The definitive proof would have been if he could survive the Golden Throne as the Emperor thought he could but at the same time he thought the same of Malcador former head of the Officio Assassinorium and ridiculous baddass but that burned him out. But even if so I'd say the Apex Twins are superior psykers by far. They kinda just rampage around wrecking shit without any real plans.

The Emperor generally knows what he is talking about concerning technology he invented and the Warp, the Golden Throne was built with the intention of Magnus powering it, so yes, we can assume that Magnus could have powered it.

Malcador isn't nearly on Magnus's level. Malcador was powerless before Lorgar, a Primarch both physically and psychically not on Magnus's level. Despite this, Lorgar could telepathically control other Primarchs, something Malcador has never shown to do. Magnus proceeded to telepathically dominate Lorgar.

The Apex Twins? They are powerful Alpha Plus psykers, but Magnus single-handedly destroys Titans larger than Warlords, he is more powerful than any of Tzeentch's other servants, greater than the greatest Greater Daemons. With a gesture, after becoming a Daemon Primarch, he dispelled the Rubric, a spell that was destroying the surface of the Planet of the Sorcerers. Even before becoming a Daemon, he could tear apart the surface of Prospero and tear apart the boundaries between the Materium and the Immaterium.

No other psyker has shown to be on Magnus's level, IMHO. Except his father, of course.

Leman Russ: My Rune Priests derive their powers from the natural life and death cycles of Fenris, not the Warp, **** no.

Ignorance.

He also constantly assumed that Magnus was trying to infiltrate, spy on, and sabotage his legion, despite Magnus not giving a single shit about Russ or his legion of lap dogs.

Vulkan? Vulkan's technology wasn't actually by any means far more advanced than the other Primarchs. Ferrus Manus and Fulgrim are explicitly rival craftsmen, for example, and in terms of raw technical knowledge Perturabo was second to none among the Primarchs, able to match the highest ranked Magos on a variety of technical topics, ranging from weaponry to Warp Drives or whatever.

One thing you are right about though is that in terms of raw physical strength, Vulkan was mighty. He and Ferrus Manus are explicitly stated to be the physically strongest Primarchs.

But Magnus is not so far below in strength, and is a better fighter (Vulkan is explicitly noted to not be much of a fighter by Primarch standards in terms of skill, whereas Magnus held his own against Leman Russ), and Magnus is of course the most powerful psyker of the Primarchs. Honestly I can name a few Primarchs that are probably above Vulkan in combat, Lorgar, Horus, Leman Russ, Angron, Sanguinius, perhaps Corax, the Lion, and Konrad Curze, probably Fulgrim, etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.