Batman vs. Hal Jordan and guy gardener

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gungrave227
Bats has two weeks prep time
Lanterns have standard gear.

Odekahn
Lanterns

Slaanesh
Hal solo..

BruceSkywalker
batman punches out gardner, takes his gl ring, puts it on and then proceeds to make hal wish he was he gave up being a lantern

gungrave227
And how do you think bats would get close enough to touch the lanterns?

Uriel005
Green lantern energy construct comes into contact with batman... Rings realize he is the superior willpower... Hal and Guy watch as their rings fly onto batmans fingers.

Endless Mike
Who the hell is Guy Gardener?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Who the hell is Guy Gardener? For some reason my brain was thinking kyle... Guy Gardner sry bro but proof that gingers have no soul and are promptly ignored by my eyes.

gungrave227
I would say 7/10 Lanterns
Give the three to bats bribing them .

cdtm
Scarecrow gas and yellow batarang/brass knuckles/color changing costume.

It's something the goddamned Batman would think of. evil face

batdude123
Batman doesn't need the prep.

Odekahn
Originally posted by cdtm
Scarecrow gas and yellow batarang/brass knuckles/color changing costume.

It's something the goddamned Batman would think of. evil face

Yeah. Since yellow hasn't worked against GLs like Hal and Guy since 2004 and all... /rollseyes

cdtm
Originally posted by Odekahn
Yeah. Since yellow hasn't worked against GLs like Hal and Guy since 2004 and all... /rollseyes

Oh it works. If they have fear.

Hence: Originally posted by cdtm
Scarecrow gas. evil face

Odekahn
Oh it works. If they have fear.

Hence:

I seriously doubt that scarecrow gas is going to work on them. And here's why I say that... Their ring is going to shield them from it. If the ring didn't also protect/help them breathe, then how would they be able to survive in space?

JakeTheBank
Batman gets a couple of Manhunter batteries for the win. ermm

Odekahn
Besides... We all know that Spider-Lantern wins the thread.

http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt11/Odekahn/images.jpg

cdtm
Originally posted by Odekahn
I seriously doubt that scarecrow gas is going to work on them. And here's why I say that... Their ring is going to shield them from it. If the ring didn't also protect/help them breathe, then how would they be able to survive in space?

It definitely could protect them, if they have their auras up.

But they don't always keep them up on Earth, and the rings auto protect system generally only works against auto shields. (It's why Hitman was able to get the drop on Kyle Raynor, who knew enough to make auras.. And also why Batman has successfully struck Hal numerous times in the past..)

Basically, if they play it smart they can set up defenses in advance, but Guy and Hal aren't exactly known for their lack of egomania.. I could see both of them going in undefended, thinking Batman can't really pose a threat or wanting to level the playing field. (Guy removing his ring to fight Batman is one example, and removing rings to fight each other is another)

Odekahn
It definitely could protect them, if they have their auras up.

But they don't always keep them up on Earth, and the rings auto protect system generally only works against auto shields. (It's why Hitman was able to get the drop on Kyle Raynor, who knew enough to make auras.. And also why Batman has successfully struck Hal numerous times in the past..)

Basically, if they play it smart they can set up defenses in advance, but Guy and Hal aren't exactly known for their lack of egomania.. I could see both of them going in undefended, thinking Batman can't really pose a threat or wanting to level the playing field. (Guy removing his ring to fight Batman is one example, and removing rings to fight each other is another)

I disagree. There's a panel that I'm sure you've seen with Hal talking about how he could defeat the Justice League if he needed to. He said the first thing he would do is put up defenses and then he would get Batman away from the fight as soon as possible because he is the most dangerous. If Hal is standing around, Batman can get him. If Hal is consciously going into a fight, there's no way he'll underestimate Batman.

cdtm
Ah, but Batmans a master of psychology.

He doesn't really need an elaborate plan or any of the toys I mentioned (Which was said half tongue in cheek anyways).. All he needs do is taunt Hal (And Guy) into fighting him without the rings or his gear. 1 vs 1, 2 vs 1....

Again, Guy Gardner taunted Hal into a ringless fistfight to determine the job of Green Lantern of Earth, even though Hal was initially against sinking to Guys level.. The man CAN be pushed.

And lets be honest, it's Batmans only option.. His gadgets vs a gl ring = Batman loses. (What can he possibly get to counter the odds that would make a difference? He has no access to Manhuinter tech, wouldn't be nearly as skilled with a borrowed ring (John would lend it to him, probably...)

Odekahn
Ah, but Batmans a master of psychology.

He doesn't really need an elaborate plan or any of the toys I mentioned (Which was said half tongue in cheek anyways).. All he needs do is taunt Hal (And Guy) into fighting him without the rings or his gear. 1 vs 1, 2 vs 1....

Again, Guy Gardner taunted Hal into a ringless fistfight to determine the job of Green Lantern of Earth, even though Hal was initially against sinking to Guys level.. The man CAN be pushed.

And lets be honest, it's Batmans only option.. His gadgets vs a gl ring = Batman loses. (What can he possibly get to counter the odds that would make a difference? He has no access to Manhuinter tech, wouldn't be nearly as skilled with a borrowed ring (John would lend it to him, probably...)

That's quite the stretch. Hal doesn't view Guy in the same way he views Batman. Guy doesn't think about things in depth the way Bruce and Hal do. Having a fist fight with Guy to prove something =/= taking his ring off to fight Batman in a serious confrontation.

Bruce may have fooled Guy (no surprise there) but Hal knows how dangerous Bruce is and how he works. He's been on a team with Batman for a long time, and he knows Batman's ways. He's not going to fall for Batman's mind games.

I agree it's Batman's only option... but it's not going to work. Bats loses this one.

Placidity
Batman will simply say something to make them give up. I can't tell you what he would say because I'm not Batman.

bobbi
What kind of tech is batman granted access too? He could probably whip up something to counter the gl ring. If we just go with standard type gear though then hal and guy if prepared and all out should be able to take it fairly easily.

Like was said, once their defenses are up there's not much batmans standard stuff can do but if he has access to higher up tech. Like maybe his Insider suit or something then thats an entirely different story.

DarkSaint85
Two weeks prep?

I'd go after Carol and Ice. Target their loved ones.

Then make then fight me hand to hand.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.