Norman Osborn vs. DCnU Justice League

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JakeTheBank
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/OdinBorson/Great%20and%20Powerful%20Osborn/OsbornversustheAvengers3.jpg

Stormin' Norman aka the Infraggable Krunk takes on the League. He has standard knowledge of their respective abilities and powers.

Prep-Man
What can he do?

JakeTheBank
He's like the Super-Adaptoid; he can copy powers and abilities through physical touch. He can be overloaded, though, as the combined Avengers rosters managed to do so.

Prep-Man
Probably Norman, however, Cyborg could be the wildcard.

cdtm
Can they bring in Amazo and Dr. Fate?

Parmaniac
Osborn

Though I'd like to get a starting point for him, as in which powers of the Avenegrs he starts out with.

JakeTheBank
At that point, it looked like he had Rulk's power, and apparently Vision's.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
At that point, it looked like he had Rulk's power, and apparently Vision's. He should take it rather easily he starts out as very durable, strong and can fly and phase besides that he's basically a "tickle me Amazo" with a few restrictions though.

JakeTheBank
He endured the equivalent of an earthquake centered on his heart, which is pretty impressive, imo.

Parmaniac
He endured the equivalent of an earthquake centered on his heart, which is pretty impressive, imo. The problem is they would need to take him out without touching him, except for Batman, Green Lantern and maybe Cyborg. Also it seems that Osborn beats characters at their own game, like when he effortlessly catched Luke Cages punch and threw him away like trash or when he bested Vision.

The worst thing that can happen is that Supes or Flash land the first blow.

EDIT: Forgot about the Lasso but that'd be a cheap win though.

JakeTheBank
I was thinking about the lasso, too, but I'm unsure if its as potent as it was pre reboot. I don't really care for this new direction of WW.

SamZED
Originally posted by Parmaniac
The problem is they would need to take him out without touching him, except for Batman, Green Lantern and maybe Cyborg. Also it seems that Osborn beats characters at their own game, like when he effortlessly catched Luke Cages punch and threw him away like trash or when he bested Vision.

The worst thing that can happen is that Supes or Flash land the first blow.

EDIT: Forgot about the Lasso but that'd be a cheap win though. Except for Batman because then he'd be overpowered? lol
Who's in the keague?

-Pr-
Originally posted by SamZED
Except for Batman because then he'd be overpowered? lol
Who's in the keague?

Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry), GL (Hal), Aquaman, Batman and Cyborg.

Placidity
Does the League know not to touch him?

Sin I AM
DC nU...THEY ALL GET BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF HIS POWERSET

StiltmanFTW
Basic knowledge is what public knows.

the ninjak
Who exactly are the DCnU Justice League?

Superman. Green Lantern. Wonder Woman. Batman. Flash.

He absorbs their powers and is already ready to take on what the give upon physical impact. They won't overload him. that's for sure. Not enough members.

Can someone give a list of current JLAers?

abhilegend
Originally posted by the ninjak
Who exactly are the DCnU Justice League?

Superman. Green Lantern. Wonder Woman. Batman. Flash.

He absorbs their powers and is already ready to take on what the give upon physical impact. They won't overload him. that's for sure. Not enough members.

Can someone give a list of current JLAers?
Add cyborg and aquaman.

the ninjak
Originally posted by abhilegend
Add cyborg and aquaman.

Well if they all touch him he has per-retconned knowledge of their powers. And storms ahead.

Osborn as shown in the recent Avengers arc only failed due to so many teams showing up and overwhelming his powers. But before that he beat all comers easily.

He has knowledge on all heroes. And what to do with their powers with the extent of a mad genius.

Once Flash and Supes hit him he becomes a monster. GR power and he can start creating constructs. Aquaman just gives him more power.

abhilegend
^Its a bit too early to create threads involving DCnU IMO.

the ninjak

F that!

Norman kills em! And they don't see it coming. Especially with HYDRA, AIM and HAND support.

The only reason he failed is because he was overwhelmed by abilities. And this team can't supply that.

Flyattractor
The JL just hang back and make fun of Normie in his tightie whities until he starts to cry and goes away.

The end.

JakeTheBank

We're past the six issue mark, which means most of the books have wrapped up an arc, or two in some cases.

I think between JL, Action Comics, and Superman, Superman has displayed enough to be used in threads, imo.

jalek moye
We're past the six issue mark, which means most of the books have wrapped up an arc, or two in some cases.

I think between JL, Action Comics, and Superman, Superman has displayed enough to be used in threads, imo.

plus since this what it's going to be, we have to get used to using this as the default version. Since I don't think they'll be reverting back anytime soon if at all.

Stoic
Noh Varr was the catalyst that began Norman's downfall, and it looked as if the Thing pushed him over the edge. Superman has a closet full of powers, and he is also an alien, Wonder Woman is also very abnormal in terms of her being a magical ball of clay. This one is hard to tell, but from what the scan represents in the OP, Norman would be starting out with Rulk, and the Visions powers. If they don't overload him, which is a very large possibility, as they don't have anyone like the Thing on their team, Norman would likely defeat them all pretty handily.

The JLA has one chance, Diana's lasso, but if the Flash makes contact with him before she manages to hog tie him, Superman could be the next victim, and from that point on the League's chances of winning would drop drastically. This one would literally depend upon who in the League makes first contact, and since the League is filled with raw recruits that have no history of working in tandem, I think that they would get their butts handed to them for a large majority.

Norman FTW 7-8/10

abhilegend

I don't think so. What has superman done that can be used in threads?

-Pr-
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Basic knowledge is what public knows.

It depends.

I don't think so. What has superman done that can be used in threads?

He has a fair body of feats from Action, Superman and JL. Not enough to guess at a maximum, but enough to guess a minimum at least.

abhilegend
Originally posted by -Pr-
It depends.

He has a fair body of feats from Action, Superman and JL. Not enough to guess at a maximum, but enough to guess a minimum at least.
What would that be IYO?

Prep-Man
Norman.

nwg202
can't cyborg teleport him into the sun? not really sure how fast and accurate boom tubes work though. I don't think they happen in a split second like blink or magik's teleportation powers, so norman might be able to evade them.

-Pr-
What would that be IYO?

low herald.

Cogito
Originally posted by Stoic
Noh Varr was the catalyst that began Norman's downfall, and it looked as if the Thing pushed him over the edge. Superman has a closet full of powers, and he is also an alien, Wonder Woman is also very abnormal in terms of her being a magical ball of clay. This one is hard to tell, but from what the scan represents in the OP, Norman would be starting out with Rulk, and the Visions powers. If they don't overload him, which is a very large possibility, as they don't have anyone like the Thing on their team, Norman would likely defeat them all pretty handily.

The JLA has one chance, Diana's lasso, but if the Flash makes contact with him before she manages to hog tie him, Superman could be the next victim, and from that point on the League's chances of winning would drop drastically. This one would literally depend upon who in the League makes first contact, and since the League is filled with raw recruits that have no history of working in tandem, I think that they would get their butts handed to them for a large majority.

Norman FTW 7-8/10

Just a point of clarification: Diana is no longer made of clay in DCnU. She is the daughter of Zeus and Hippolyta.

Also her lasso has yet to do anything except force people to tell the truth.

What would happen if a GL construct touched Norman?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Cogito
What would happen if a GL construct touched Norman? He would probably phase through it.

DarkSaint85
nwg brings up a good point though.

BFR from Cyborg?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.