The Raven (2012)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
James McTeigue. Director of V For Vendetta and Ninja Assassin. The former is great, the latter I didn't like so much. He seems to shine only when the writing is good. Oddly enough, this looks a little like From Hell, which was based on an Alan Moore graphic novel like V For Vendetta was...

GNjx5fb-Tk0&feature=fvst

It looks like some advanced reviews for it aren't so good... RT

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Oddly enough, this looks a little like From Hell, which was based on an Alan Moore graphic novel like V For Vendetta was...

Loosly based more like it for From Hell.

siriuswriter
This looks pretty good. I'm a great Poe fan myself and I'm finding my self counting back through his books and making connections with the trailer - The Gold Bug, The Pit and the Pendulum, The Cask of Adamontillo

My only thing- John Cusack is so monotone, which is fine if he's a bouncing board supporting player, like "In the Garden of Good and Evil".
Putting him as the lead is a risk, but we'll see how he does.

RE: Blaxican
He wasn't monotone in 2012. shifty

siriuswriter
Well, that was an extremely crappy movie.

So maybe, if it's going to be a great movie, he has to be monotone. Which makes the prognosis of this film excellent, if we go by the trailer.

BruceSkywalker
this looks very horrible... Cusack seems to have been miscasted

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by siriuswriter
...The Cask of Adamontillo

The Cask of Amontillado, I believe. I think I read that one in high school or college or something. I think I kind of liked it. I've been saying for years that Tim Burton should make an Edgar Allen Poe movie (kind of like his Sleepy Hollow film). If he'd stop making pseudo-goth bullshit, he could probably make it pretty good. I don't think this James McTeigue guy is really that great of a director, unfortunately. V For Vendetta was just great because of the subject matter and writing; there wasn't anything particularly great a about the direction. But hopefully this will have a good story and good performances..

I'm not necessarily a big John Cusack fan, though. He seems kind of lame to me. I guess I'm indifferent toward him. no expression

siriuswriter
He's really good at being the nominee that wasn't chosen.... big grin

lovethriller
I think it's going to be pretty good. Thumbs up!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.