Superman, Thor vs Black Adam, Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
CIS is most definitely on in this one, but there is a slight twist. All opponents will respond in kind to their dance mates. For example; If Black Adam becomes aggressive, his opponent/s will respond with equal aggression. This small rule goes for all on the field.

The Battle takes place on a planet of equal size, and atmosphere as the planet Earth.

How does this turn out?

Odekahn
Very good matchup Stoic!

Hmm... I'm going to go with team 1 but just barely! I could honestly go either way here!

Dream Stuff
Surfer Solos if he wants to. Thor isn't fast enough and Superman gets blasted with a kryptonite radiation beam.

Giving Surfer such a good teammate just makes this 10/10.

h1a8
Originally posted by Dream Stuff
Surfer Solos if he wants to. Thor isn't fast enough and Superman gets blasted with a kryptonite radiation beam.

With CIS on Superman can almost take a split from Surfer. Superman definitely has the tools to seriously rock Surfer, make no mistake about that. Also, Surfer doesn't always use his speed in combat. Just look at all the times he's fought Thor. The reason I argue this way is the same reason that many argue against me that Superman is not going to always speedblitz or use his top fighting speed at the beginning of a fight.

IMO, this is a good fight and not a stomp in either direction. With CIS on Surfer sucks more than everyone here and team 1 is slightly favored.

abhilegend

Which is useless because that would be alternate kryptonite and wouldn't affect him.Superman beats the shit out of him in the fraction of a nanosecond.

JakeTheBank

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Aaz6RWn_XNU/T1t5ZXyIg6I/AAAAAAAAA0M/hZ9GK9EKtzM/s1600/big-lebowski-gif.gif

carver9
Lol.

Odekahn

http://www.newsrealblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/superman_facepalm_by_randomredneck1990-d37784g1-300x240.jpg

Cogito
Originally posted by Stoic
For example; If Black Adam becomes aggressive, his opponent/s will respond with equal aggression. This small rule goes for all on the field.

Lol

BA is always aggressive. So, everyone on the field is aggressive.

guy222
t1

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by abhilegend
Which is useless because that would be alternate kryptonite and wouldn't affect him.Superman beats the shit out of him in the fraction of a nanosecond.

Alternate kryptonite won't affect him because the radiation isn't exactly the same. Isn't that how it was once explained on panel? That doesn't matter to Surfer, who will just use his cosmic awareness to know the right radiation, then his power cosmic to manufacture it. He could do the same with red sun radiation or any of the variations of either that affect Kryptonians in bizarre ways.

Keep in mind, he has actually done this before to deal with a flying brick who has a specific weakness pretty clearly implied to represent Superman. That's why Supes is an especially bad match up.

So, it quickly becomes Surfer vs Thor. Which Surfer has to work for, but eventually wins more often than not.

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by h1a8
With CIS on Superman can almost take a split from Surfer.

No. In a fist fight, probably, so Surfer can't use his esoteric powers.

That's PIS. not CIS. He's used it enough for us to know he can.

abhilegend
Alternate kryptonite won't affect him because the radiation isn't exactly the same. Isn't that how it was once explained on panel? That doesn't matter to Surfer, who will just use his cosmic awareness to know the right radiation, then his power cosmic to manufacture it. He could do the same with red sun radiation or any of the variations of either that affect Kryptonians in bizarre ways.

Keep in mind, he has actually done this before to deal with a flying brick who has a specific weakness pretty clearly implied to represent Superman. That's why Supes is an especially bad match up.

So, it quickly becomes Surfer vs Thor. Which Surfer has to work for, but eventually wins more often than not.
A statement isn't actually a feat. I can bring statement from superman himself that he can bench-press earth, its of no value. It doesn't work that way, either you're from the kryptonian's home reality or you're not. If it was just the case of finding the right frequency of kryptonite then Brainiac 5 wouldn't have to go to such lengths to stop SBP. Its a hypothetical stance with no on panel proof while all the info suggests that it wouldn't work. But hey its surfer, he can boast about knowing an unknown radiation frequency by unknown methods and he would just find out a radiation frequency from another universe with just the right quantum signature from 52 universes. There isn't any thing such as "right kryptonite" and its true since COIE.

abhilegend
No. In a fist fight, probably, so Surfer can't use his esoteric powers.

That's PIS. not CIS. He's used it enough for us to know he can.
Tell me about these awesome combat feats from surfer, why don't you?

Dream Stuff
A statement isn't actually a feat.

If that's how you want to play it, I concede. Red sun radiation works from any reality. Plus, Supes is powered by yellow sun radiation, which Surfer can just absorb right off him. Or Surfer BFRs him into a red sun. I'm not even being creative yet. This is all within the proven applications of his powerset. I love Superman, but all he can hope to do is punch.

Thor is a different story. Less raw power but no specific weaknesses and a magic hammer that protects him from Surfer's esoteric powers.

Dream Stuff
Tell me about these awesome combat feats from surfer, why don't you?

Which ones? I'll post a few things if you can be specific. But Surfer is used a lot on this board, so it would be kinder of you to just browse a respect thread or something.

abhilegend
If that's how you want to play it, I concede. Red sun radiation works from any reality. Plus, Supes is powered by yellow sun radiation, which Surfer can just absorb right off him. Or Surfer BFRs him into a red sun. I'm not even being creative yet. This is all within the proven applications of his powerset. I love Superman, but all he can hope to do is punch.

Thor is a different story. Less raw power but no specific weaknesses and a magic hammer that protects him from Surfer's esoteric powers.
It doesn't, not in the open. Sun boy turned earth's sun into red sun, guess what? His powers returned as soon as the sun was turned yellow. Eradicator turned earth's sun red and tossed superman in it, twice. What happened, nothing of course. He escaped and defeated him under the red sun. There are multiple examples like them. Unless surfer can remove the yellow sun, its not happening. For power drainage he resisted blackstarr who was effecting time particles with her energy manipulation powers. He can resist surfer long enough to replenish his powers by sunlight. With CIS on surfer isn't going to do this on the fly anyway.

abhilegend
Which ones? I'll post a few things if you can be specific. But Surfer is used a lot on this board, so it would be kinder of you to just browse a respect thread or something.
I've browsed a lot of surfer threads. I haven't seen anything that particularly impresses me in combat speed department, he's fast but superman is faster.

quanchi112
It doesn't, not in the open. Sun boy turned earth's sun into red sun, guess what? His powers returned as soon as the sun was turned yellow. Eradicator turned earth's sun red and tossed superman in it, twice. What happened, nothing of course. He escaped and defeated him under the red sun. There are multiple examples like them. Unless surfer can remove the yellow sun, its not happening. For power drainage he resisted blackstarr who was effecting time particles with her energy manipulation powers. He can resist surfer long enough to replenish his powers by sunlight. With CIS on surfer isn't going to do this on the fly anyway. Does Superman speedblitz here ?

Diesldude
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Aaz6RWn_XNU/T1t5ZXyIg6I/AAAAAAAAA0M/hZ9GK9EKtzM/s1600/big-lebowski-gif.gif

Hahahahaha I just spit my protein shake all over the counter.

abhilegend
Originally posted by quanchi112
Does Superman speedblitz here ?
Not all the time but for a majority, yes.

quanchi112
Not all the time but for a majority, yes. laughing out loud Figures Superman fights to his best but the Surfer doesn't. Typical of you.

Dream Stuff
He escaped and defeated him under the red sun.

Do you know where this happened or have scans or a link? I'd love to see it because it sounds like the sort of thing that needs context.

Wait... does the arena have a yellow sun in the first place? I know Supes comes in with all his native powers, but does he get to "recharge" on the assumption that a specific type of star happens to be the nearest in the sky? Anyway, Surfer can obviously (as in, has done so) encase him in the energy completely.

I think we have a different impression of what CIS means. It is within his powers. He's done it to multiple opponents before. It's not like he doesn't know how or that he has some kind of character trait that will stop him. We assume that he will fight his best for the sake of these math ups, right?

Anyway, assuming that all of these resistance feats you've given for Supes are valid (ie not dependent on any plot context) then I'm pretty impressed. However, you have to admit that all of these things will still weaken him. Meanwhile, he still has to put up a fight against Surfer, who will be at full power and can just play "keep away" and fire planet-busters until completion.

quanchi112
Do you know where this happened or have scans or a link? I'd love to see it because it sounds like the sort of thing that needs context.

I doubt you will get an answer he does this sort of thing all the time. he leaves out context or avoids answers questions when he knows he purposely left something out.

lilshogun
Ditto!!Originally posted by Dream Stuff

JakeTheBank
If you honestly and legitimately think Surfer solos, I'd suggest reading Superman and Thor comics. Hell, reading some Silver Surfer comics would help, too.

abhilegend

Wait... does the arena have a yellow sun in the first place? I know Supes comes in with all his native powers, but does he get to "recharge" on the assumption that a specific type of star happens to be the nearest in the sky? Anyway, Surfer can obviously (as in, has done so) encase him in the energy completely.

I think we have a different impression of what CIS means. It is within his powers. He's done it to multiple opponents before. It's not like he doesn't know how or that he has some kind of character trait that will stop him. We assume that he will fight his best for the sake of these math ups, right?

Anyway, assuming that all of these resistance feats you've given for Supes are valid (ie not dependent on any plot context) then I'm pretty impressed. However, you have to admit that all of these things will still weaken him. Meanwhile, he still has to put up a fight against Surfer, who will be at full power and can just play "keep away" and fire planet-busters until completion.
Here you go.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/supermanv2057p38cz5.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/adventuresofsuperman480fu8.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/adventuresofsuperman480yz9.jpg

Slight correction on my behalf, he defeated eradicator by trapping him in a crystal.

Superman regaining his power almost instantly after days of red sun radiation

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC863-006.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC863-007.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC863-008.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC863-009.jpg

Against blackstarr

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC850VSBLACKSTAR.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC850VSBLACKSTAR2.jpg
http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/Superman/AC850VSBLACKSTAR3.jpg

Remember even under a red sun he was able to power engines to move krypton and tank a blast equivalent to 52 supernovas while taking shots from a sun eater. "Planet busting", if we are taking surfer at his best, superman survived the collision of two planets at least thousands of times bigger than earth with a brief ko and survived the explosion of source wall. He's also survived being in the middle of a sun eater before and tanked a moon busting attack without a scratch back in 90's. I'm sure he would manage, I don't see surfer using his CA on the fly anyway, he's done that how many times in his publication history, 4 or 5 times? I can see you superman blitzing dozens of times, but people still claim that he wouldn't do that here. I see this as if superman and surfer tangle in this match, its split or 5.5/10 for surfer, thor would take adam 6/10. Surfer wouldn't be able to take on thor afterwards. If superman and adam tangles, its superman 5.5-6/10 and thor takes surfer 6/10. Either way team 1 wins.

abhilegend
I doubt you will get an answer he does this sort of thing all the time. he leaves out context or avoids answers questions when he knows he purposely left something out.
I'm not you quan.ermm

Delta1938

I know abhilegend already replied, but here's the full example.

ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #480

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/VS%20Eradicator/

It's important to note this was Byrne-era Superman, he was much less resistant to red solar energy than later examples, like during INFINITE CRISIS.

When has Surfer ever encased Superman in energy? stick out tongue

I know this wasn't to me, but wouldn't CIS, ya know, BE a character trait that'd stop him from doing a lot of things? I see people all the time arguing against Superman speed-blitzing that it's "not in character" but then have no problem for Surfer doing things I haven't seen him do often.

Anyway, assuming that all of these resistance feats you've given for Supes are valid (ie not dependent on any plot context) then I'm pretty impressed.
However, you have to admit that all of these things will still weaken him.

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, I can verify from memory that the examples he gave that I've seen are legit(aside from partially on the Eradicator example, which he later corrected himself; but the actual being under a red sun thing is completely valid). But Superman's still done plenty while weakened. People focus a lot on these and assume he's going to be in bad shape. But fail to realize, he wouldn't be holding back to the same degree when weakened. Like when he actually had been impaled and injected with liquified Kryptonite.

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/POWER%20DISPLAY%20VS%20KRYPTONITE/?action=view& amp;current=AC818INJUREDANDKPOISONEDSTILLHOLDINGBA
CK7.jpg

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/POWER%20DISPLAY%20VS%20KRYPTONITE/?action=view& amp;current=AC818INJUREDANDKPOISONEDSTILLHOLDINGBA
CK8.jpg

CK9.jpg

Then there's where he was heavily bombarded by red solar energy from the Sun-Eater, then exposed to more when actually going INSIDE the Sun-Eater, and still endured part of an explosion equal to 50 supernovas relatively unharmed. Ignore Carver's claims that this was "made-up" because he took "And the moral of the story is--" as literal that Jonathon Kent made it up.

And there's other examples as well. But all the focus is on Superman being weakened, Surfer wins. What about Surfer being weakened? I've heard about Firestar messing with Surfer's Power Cosmic, Superman can produce microwaves as well, for example.

And how is it Superman knows about this? Well, he doesn't. But why is it Surfer gets to know weaknesses to exploit for Superman? His "Cosmic Awareness" isn't a legit argument. Like when you(I think it was you) tried arguing Surfer would just know about Kryptonite because of an instance of him encountering Gladiator. I've seen the scan, and it doesn't back what people claim. It does not state that Surfer's Cosmic Awareness made him know, he simply states he's aware of Gladiator's weakness. Was it the CA? Maybe, but people in the Surfer camp immediately jump to the conclusion, when, well, Surfer travels around the universe. It's perfectly plausible that Surfer could've come across this knowledge. His statement did not imply he "sensed" the weakness, it was just he knew about it.

Meanwhile, he still has to put up a fight against Surfer, who will be at full power and can just play "keep away" and fire planet-busters until completion.

This is going under the assumption that Surfer immediately targets Superman. You're basically choosing his opponent because you want to argue Surfer uses weakness exploitation to take-out Superman so then him and Black Adam can team-up against Thor.

quanchi112
I'm not you quan.ermm Laughs and points as you fled the scene here when I exposed you.

In day of judgement spectre owned entire quintessence with a gesture.

Abhilegend is going to get exposed.

Zeus was recovering from a war....etc. They were just cut off from intervening and trapped. They weren't owned in combat and weren't at their best.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Notintervening.jpg

Here is Spectre cut off from his power source. I wouldn't call this showing from the Spectre anywhere near the top of his game or near dov.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Spectredepowered1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Spectredepowered1b.jpg

A depowered Spectre still owns the Phantom Stranger from this arc with a gesture. Ps is weak sauce.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Psowned1a.jpghttp://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/th_Psowned1b.jpg

I'd like to thank abhilgend for bringing this arc back to my attention it's been quite a while since I read it. smile

Prep-Man
team 2.

Placidity
team 2.

abhilegend
Laughs and points as you fled the scene here when I exposed you.
Meh, I've to reread DOJ again. As always with you, there is some context left behind.

carver9
Laughs and points as you fled the scene here when I exposed you.

Tell me Quan and don't act like you don't know what I am talking about.

DTM
Ill go with Superman and Thor here.

quanchi112
Meh, I've to reread DOJ again. As always with you, there is some context left behind. Don't present it like you know then. Most of us are debating off memory and aren't in the process of rereading arcs. You want to talk big prepare to be called out.Originally posted by carver9
Tell me Quan and don't act like you don't know what I am talking about. Carver, I really hope you aren't acting like I walked away from you again.

abhilegend
Don't present it like you know then. Most of us are debating off memory and aren't in the process of rereading arcs. You want to talk big prepare to be called out. Carver, I really hope you aren't acting like I walked away from you again.
You brought those scans out of your memory banks?

Tony Stark
The real question is... Can a well placed SHAZAM KO THOR...? If so... Team 2 walks these fools. (No offense to the fools) They are all game changers. But, if Adam can KO THOR SHAZAM style this is over relatively quickly. SS and his power cosmic will obtain the knowledge of Superman's issues with kryptonite. That has the potential of a double KO within minutes.

zeel
laughing out loud Figures Superman fights to his best but the Surfer doesn't. Typical of you.

haha reminds me of a recent...........superman fights thor without his hammer thread hehe.

zeel
Originally posted by Tony Stark
The real question is... Can a well placed SHAZAM KO THOR...? If so... Team 2 walks these fools. (No offense to the fools) They are all game changers. But, if Adam can KO THOR SHAZAM style this is over relatively quickly. SS and his power cosmic will obtain the knowledge of Superman's issues with kryptonite. That has the potential of a double KO within minutes.

can you clerify what a well placed shazam is??

carver9
Don't present it like you know then. Most of us are debating off memory and aren't in the process of rereading arcs. You want to talk big prepare to be called out. Carver, I really hope you aren't acting like I walked away from you again.

I'm not talking about that...I'm talking about the PM I sent you asking you to help me with something.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by zeel
can you clerify what a well placed shazam is??

Within arms length.

JakeTheBank

Highly doubt it.

Captain Marvel's repeated Shazam barrage didn't KO Eclipso-Superman and Thor's resistance to mystical energy as well as lightning is superior to Superman's. And that's assuming Thor just endures the blast and doesn't absorb it with Mjolnir or recast it back at Adam, turning him into Teth.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
I'm not talking about that...I'm talking about the PM I sent you asking you to help me with something. Give me a date and I will help you. It's that simple.

carver9
Give me a date and I will help you. It's that simple.

Lolololol... laughing out loud , I already gave you a date.

quanchi112
Lolololol... laughing out loud , I already gave you a date. Tell me right now what date you agree to face rage if I help you acquire scans. Make it public forum knowledge.

carver9
Tell me right now what date you agree to face rage if I help you acquire scans. Make it public forum knowledge.

Im in the process of buying me a laptop. I will give a date then. You can at least tell me so that I can prep for it.

quanchi112
Im in the process of buying me a laptop. I will give a date then. You can at least tell me so that I can prep for it. Carver as soon as you give a date I will do so. Get back to me when you can set one.

Damborgson
Team 1 wins.

Odekahn
Lolololol... laughing out loud , I already gave you a date.

I didn't know you two were involved...

Tony Stark
Highly doubt it.

Captain Marvel's repeated Shazam barrage didn't KO Eclipso-Superman and Thor's resistance to mystical energy as well as lightning is superior to Superman's. And that's assuming Thor just endures the blast and doesn't absorb it with Mjolnir or recast it back at Adam, turning him into Teth.

So who's SHAZAM is stronger? CM's or BA's

JakeTheBank
So who's SHAZAM is stronger? CM's or BA's

There's really nothing to suggest that either of theirs would be more powerful normally.

Delta1938

There's no proof that Surfer would actually find-out about Kryptonite, and it wouldn't work anyways. Different universe and all that.

Sr J-Bieb
Im in the process of buying me a laptop. I will give a date then. You can at least tell me so that I can prep for it. How are you in the process?

You go to the store and buy one.

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by Delta1938
I know abhilegend already replied, but here's the full example.

ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN #480

Read that comic but I couldn't find the one that preceded it. What exactly is the point of red sun radiation if it has no effect whatsoever? At one point, Superman even comments peacefully about how good its rays feel on his back!

My point is that Surfer not using powers we know that he could use is PIS, not CIS. I do not argue that Superman won't speed blitz. He doesn't it often, but he has done it several times before. Assuming PIS is off and him fighting to the best of his ability, blitzing is an option.

Same for Surfer, as far as I'm concerned.

Interesting idea, but Superman is NOT Firestar. Obviously if merely emitting a lot of microwaves could harm Surfer, he wouldn't be flying through stars and such.

You're right. I looked at the scan too and agree that it proves nothing.

That just seems like the smarter move, since Thor's hammer negates many of Surfer's esoteric powers. I kinda wish we just had a Superman vs Silver Surfer fight now, since BA and Thor have become a distraction.

Dream Stuff
For power drainage he resisted blackstarr who was effecting time particles with her energy manipulation powers.

I looked into this matter. Blackstar's energy manipulation seems to be nowhere near Surfer's. Also, the scans on that fight are unclear as to whether Blackstar continued to drain Superman the entire time, or if she stopped when she decided instead to do that gravity trick on his neurons.

Actually, resisting that is the more impessive (and completely inexplicable) feat, despite being irrelevant here since only a CIS-off Surfer would use his powers that way.

biensalsa
If you honestly and legitimately think Surfer solos, I'd suggest reading Superman and Thor comics. Hell, reading some Silver Surfer comics would help, too.

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

Delta1938
Read that comic but I couldn't find the one that preceded it. What exactly is the point of red sun radiation if it has no effect whatsoever? At one point, Superman even comments peacefully about how good its rays feel on his back!

It's not that it has NO effect on Superman, it's to show Superman is still fighting despite not only being under a red sun, but thrown in it. And Superman's resistance to red solar radiation has increased since this. Basically, the point is it's not an Instant-Win like so many think. But of course using it at all isn't a great argument since it either has to be them just happening to end-up in a system with a red sun, or you giving Surfer knowledge he doesn't have to attack Superman with it. As for commenting it feels good on his back, well, he said he was like a scalded lobster and he said "from this distance" so that kinda negates your argument.

My point is that Surfer not using powers we know that he could use is PIS, not CIS. I do not argue that Superman won't speed blitz. He doesn't it often, but he has done it several times before. Assuming PIS is off and him fighting to the best of his ability, blitzing is an option

Same for Surfer, as far as I'm concerned.

I guess we see CIS and PIS differently. But how is it PIS because they don't do something they can do, if they rarely do it? I see people bring-up something Surfer's done once or twice and act like it's a valid argument, that it will be used often. The fact it's only been done once or twice would be CIS, PIS would be not doing something the character almost always does in the situation without explanation.

Interesting idea, but Superman is NOT Firestar. Obviously if merely emitting a lot of microwaves could harm Surfer, he wouldn't be flying through stars and such.

I'm getting this second hand, but I had been told Firestar's microwaves messed with the Power Cosmic. As for Superman is not Firestar, you're right, buuuuuuuuuuut.....

http://s647.photobucket.com/albums/uu200/biensalsa/DC%20COMICS/SUPERMAN/Super%20vision/?action=view&current=Supermanv2199MICROWAVES.jpg

He can projection microwaves via Heat Vision. By the way, not arguing that Superman will resort to f-ing with the Power Cosmic via intense microwaves, but it was brought-up because I'm a little annoyed with people always bringing-up Surfer exploiting Superman's weaknesses even though Surfer has no knowledge of them whatsoever. It actually seems more likely Superman would hurt Surfer with microwaves if they're a normal part of his Heat Vision than Surfer attacking with Kryptonite(which wouldn't work due to being from a different universe) or red solar energy.

You're right. I looked at the scan too and agree that it proves nothing.

Glad you agree.

That just seems like the smarter move, since Thor's hammer negates many of Surfer's esoteric powers. I kinda wish we just had a Superman vs Silver Surfer fight now, since BA and Thor have become a distraction.

I would think they'd be more likely to go after the targets they're more familiar with, at least initially.

And if you really wish it were Superman VS Silver Surfer, you could always make your own thread. Or revive one of the I'm sure billion other threads of Superman VS Silver Surfer that have probably been started over the years.

Juntai
Thor beats Surfer, Superman beats Teth. What's the argument?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Juntai
Thor beats Surfer, Superman beats Teth. What's the argument?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not

abhilegend
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Not
Why not?

Bouboumaster
Bad matchup against Superman. Team 2 wins. Replace Superman by Captain Marvel, and you have a perfect split.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Bad matchup against Superman. Team 2 wins. Replace Superman by Captain Marvel, and you have a perfect split.

And why's that?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
whatdur

Dream Stuff
As for commenting it feels good on his back, well, he said he was like a scalded lobster and he said "from this distance"

He was a scalded lobster because he had been thrown in the sun previously, not because it's shining on him presently. And the "distance" he is at is considerably less than the distance from the sun to the Earth. At that "distance," the red sun felt good to him. WTF?

Every time I open these I get tiny pictures that I can't even read. Am I doing something wrong?

Stars emit microwaves and heat and Surfer can hang out in them all day. I don't know the Firestar moment you're talking about, but she could do a lot more than just project microwaves. She was using them to open stargates and other nonsense. SUperman's heat vision is a feeble comparison.

abhilegend
He was a scalded lobster because he had been thrown in the sun previously, not because it's shining on him presently. And the "distance" he is at is considerably less than the distance from the sun to the Earth. At that "distance," the red sun felt good to him. WTF?

Every time I open these I get tiny pictures that I can't even read. Am I doing something wrong?

Stars emit microwaves and heat and Surfer can hang out in them all day. I don't know the Firestar moment you're talking about, but she could do a lot more than just project microwaves. She was using them to open stargates and other nonsense. SUperman's heat vision is a feeble comparison.
Then that would be an error on the part of writer. Maybe you're seeing mobile site of photobucket. There should be a full site option below the image. Superman has sealed holes in reality with HV.

Delta1938

The point was he did get hurt when he was IN the red sun. As for the heat feeling good on his back, I get the feeling you think red solar energy it's self hurts Superman. It does not. There's been a couple different interpretations, but the longest Post-CRISIS version, and the one there, is it merely displaces yellow solar energy. Basically, you're replacing his power source with energy that doesn't give him powers. The energy it's self doesn't hurt Kryptonians. If it did, well, Krypton was under a red sun, they wouldn't exist.

I'm with abhi, it's probably you're on mobile for some reason. Another thing you could do is go and delete all Photobucket cookies, and delete history for any weird Photobucket address, maybe clear your cache too. But it's basically showing Superman has microwaves in his Heat Vision.

Well if it happened then there's not much of an argument. I'll see if I can get the comic and check it, like I said this is second hand. But unless she has some other power beyond microwave projection/manipulation, her doing that stuff would just be applications of her power. And as abhi pointed-out, Superman's cauterized holes in reality with his Heat Vision. Hopefully you'll have the Photobucket problem fixed. I actually get the same damn thing half the time I click on Carver9's links. I don't know what he's doing.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/?action=view&current=NewGods10-11.jpg

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/?action=view&current=NewGods10-12.jpg

http://s1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/?action=view&current=NewGods10-13.jpg

abhilegend
Bump

Philosophía
Team one beats the shit out of them.

JBL
Surfer destroys superman then help beat Adam to sleep.

Juntai
Supes can beat either one on team 2, and Thor can at worst stalemate or at best absolutely clobbers Surfer.

Team 1 by a mile.

JBL
No hell superman can't, surfer would blast superman into atoms and Adam can slap superman around and win. Surfer was tailers made to stomp superman.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Surfer destroys superman then help beat Adam to sleep. Originally posted by JBL
No hell superman can't, surfer would blast superman into atoms and Adam can slap superman around and win. Surfer was tailers made to stomp superman.
Care to prove either of that?

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL

Let's see Surfer blasting someone of Superman's durability to atoms. Yes, it must be to atoms, and actually of Superman's durability, not someone you think is. C'Mon, I dare you.

JBL
Care to prove either of that? Ask Orion how easily Surfer beats DC characters.

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
Ask Orion how easily Surfer beats DC characters.

I'm giving you one chance to save yourself of this. You really want to go there?

JBL
I'm giving you one chance to save yourself of this. You really want to go there? I will be so glad when superman fans realize that their opinions are not the only opinions allowed on KMC. There are a LOT of people here that think surfer would beat superman, yet when they post their opinion, you superman fans come in groups to cry foul. You fans always want proof but your only answer in any thread including superman is... Superman, superman wins, Clark, superman stomps, superman this, superman that. Sad when you pick superman because you hate the idea of him losing. Now do you want me to prove this???????

Delta1938
Originally posted by JBL
I will be so glad when superman fans realize that their opinions are not the only opinions allowed on KMC. There are a LOT of people here that think surfer would beat superman, yet when they post their opinion, you superman fans come in groups to cry foul. You fans always want proof but your only answer in any thread including superman is... Superman, superman wins, Clark, superman stomps, superman this, superman that. Sad when you pick superman because you hate the idea of him losing. Now do you want me to prove this???????

I found a picture of you. It all makes sense now.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/JLBTriggered.png

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
Ask Orion how easily Surfer beats DC characters.
Then how come Henshaw laughed at his attacks?

-Pr-
Originally posted by JBL
I will be so glad when superman fans realize that their opinions are not the only opinions allowed on KMC. There are a LOT of people here that think surfer would beat superman, yet when they post their opinion, you superman fans come in groups to cry foul. You fans always want proof but your only answer in any thread including superman is... Superman, superman wins, Clark, superman stomps, superman this, superman that. Sad when you pick superman because you hate the idea of him losing. Now do you want me to prove this???????

The fact that you're allowed to post here at all pretty much annihilates your argument.

abhilegend
Originally posted by JBL
So no proof? Gotcha.

Rao Kal El
I think he is really traumatized with Superman.

It might be maybe because of all his missinformation he has regarding Superman and then someone comes along and destroys his argument with scans and evidence that prove that most of his ideas about superman are wrong and now he has to deal with the reality that he is wrong and that he knows nothing about Superman?

Mmmmmmm.....maybe big grin

Team 1 for the solid win.

Either Thor or supes can dent or damage chrome dome via brute force or other powers leaving that an opening for the surfer being the 1st one to fall so SM and Thor can team up to deal with Adam

Mindship
Originally posted by Stoic
CIS is most definitely on in this one, but there is a slight twist. All opponents will respond in kind to their dance mates. For example; If Black Adam becomes aggressive, his opponent/s will respond with equal aggression. CIS but they respond in kind? H'm. Does that mean, say, Surfer becomes as aggressive as Thor? Or Thor as pacifistic as Surfer? Or both Surfer and Superman chill while Thor and Black Adam omg-ragefight?

Ordinarily I'd give this fight to T1. Minimally, Thor would stalemate Surfer long enough for Superman to defeat BA, and, well, Thor+Supes would not go well for Soarin' Norrin. But with the OP's twist ... too many interesting combination-interactions to say for certain how it goes.

cdtm
Surfer solos all three.

abhilegend
Originally posted by cdtm
Surfer solos all three.
With his face to their fists?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.