[REC]³ Génesis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Patient_Leech
Mmm... delicious zombies...

Don't really know shit about this, but I like the little homage to The Shining in the trailer...

_JjoiNcQWrc

Esau Cairn
I enjoyed the 1st one (both Spanish & American versions).
The 2nd set in the airport was fun too.

This wedding themed scenario seems a bit hokey though.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Mmm... delicious zombies...

They're not really zombies with these movies..

the ninjak
Originally posted by Kazenji
They're not really zombies with these movies..

They're infected people.
qtR5Cxscnu4

Patient_Leech
I feel like I've been enlightened. Thanks for enlightening me.

But the film must not be called City of the Walking Dead if they are "infected people." IMDB says the title is Nightmare City.

I really enjoyed hearing the explanation for why Tarantino uses prerecorded tracks for his music. That makes a lot of sense, considering his level of perfection and precision.

Now, does this REC Genesis movie have anything to do with the movies Tarantino mentioned?

the ninjak
Well I've only seen the first movie. And I don't know if possession was involved.
Supernatural and scientific or both I don't know their origin. Nor if they a resurrected dead people but they appeared to be infected.

Nightmare City infected were radioactive people who grew horrible growths all over their bodies. They are mutants that have incredible HFs but can be killed with a head shot. They retain intelligence but don't talk and appeared to have a hive mind intelligence. Their downside was their insatiable hunger for blood, for they needed the white blood cells to keep their bodies going or they would just die of radioactive poisoning. So they were vampires and spread the disease through feeding. The thing is people did die before I guess getting back up as infected so the whole argument is up in the air.

RE: Blaxican
In the american version of rec (quarentine), the cause for the zombification was purelt scientific. In the original, though, the zombies are just people posessed by demons.

As this is a prequel to rec, odds are its demon posession.

Kazenji
I've only seen parts of the American remake

Looked on the Wiki page for REC, it mentions some virus which an agent from the Vatican has found when demonic possession happens with people

Eleanor41
They're not really zombies with these movies..http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Eleanor41
They're not really zombies with these movies..http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

But the genre is.

Kazenji
Well not the typical Romero zombies.

Esau Cairn
Romero didn't create zombies.
He's just a director that made several zombie movies.

He simply set the precedence for other directors to improve & adapt that genre.

Kazenji
And i never said he created zombies..... erm

Esau Cairn
And I never said that you said that he created zombies.... miffed

Kazenji
SHUT THE HELL UP!!

...... stick out tongue

the ninjak
The whole notion isn't worth debating really. 28 Days infected do exist inside the Zombie Genre. It's just that running zombies, infected and demonically possessed have become kind of sub-genres.
But you will always get shades of grey in between.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by the ninjak

But you will always get shades of grey in between.

That's like vampires & the whole Twilight-verse....you'll always get shades of GAY in between.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
In the american version of rec (quarentine), the cause for the zombification was purelt scientific. In the original, though, the zombies are just people posessed by demons.

Ah, I saw most of Quarantine. I didn't know it was an American version of something. I'd probably rather see the original. What's the original film called? Rec 1? heh confused

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
That's like vampires & the whole Twilight-verse....you'll always get shades of GAY in between.

Hahaha... laughing nice

the ninjak
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

Heh Heh well done.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Ah, I saw most of Quarantine. I didn't know it was an American version of something. I'd probably rather see the original. What's the original film called? Rec 1? heh confused

The original's Spanish simply called .

Talk about pirate marketing...the Americans deliberately post-poned the dvd release of the original Spanish version until after their remake hit the screens.

Manchub
Loved loved loved the first one.. one of the scariest movies I've seen... 2nd one was okay... a lot more action but a lot more fluff and eh. the demon possession thing became a little hokey... regardless, i want to see the third one.

us, Americans can't make horror movies like the rest of the world anymore...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.