Anchorman 2

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88546

Will Ferrell, Steve Carell, and Paul Rudd are expected back for sure.

Patient_Leech
laughing That Conan bit was hilarious...

I actually rather like the first one. I think it's a pretty hilarious character. The Sex Panther part has me crying I laugh so hard.. lol. Thanks for the heads up.

steverules_2
Yes! Thank you! I have been waiting for this for so long, loved the first fil amd hopefully this will be good as well, can't wait

the ninjak
Life is good!

rgreco99
Thanks for the heads up.

dadudemon
Hope it lives up to the old. sad

Robtard
Really enjoyed the first; this will likely just suck shit covered balls.

rudester
I dont watch anything with Paul Rudd!!!

True story, when I was 22 or 23 not sure I was walking down the street and I saw Paul Rudd , I said hi and he looked at me and gave me this dirty look like, "Why are you talking to me" sorta look. He's rude in person and he's very short.. He must be 5'7, 5'8?

Myth
^ You sound salty.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Robtard
Really enjoyed the first; this will likely just suck shit covered balls.

Do you have any reason for why you think that? Or is it just because you are being your usual negative self? I mean, shit, it's not like there's even a trailer or anything to go by yet. The character is pretty goddamn hilarious, I think, so it'll at least be amusing..

Robtard
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Do you have any reason for why you think that?

Or is it just because you are being your usual negative self? I mean, shit, it's not like there's even a trailer or anything to go by yet. The character is pretty goddamn hilarious, I think, so it'll at least be amusing..

Yes, I certainly do. It seems like they're trying to milk the cow for all it's worth and like many sequels, it falls short of the first. Also, Will Ferrel has gone down hill in recent years.

You mad, bro? The character was fvcking hilarious the first time around. Have strong doubts the sequel will even be half as funny. Likely more of the same antics, which we've seen.

Esau Cairn
Yeah I have my doubts too.
Anchorman was kinda Ferrel's highlight in his career as the star of his own comedy.

Sorry but Talladega Nights, the ice-skating one, the step brothers & The Other Guys were all duds to me.
You can only go so far with improvising your lines.

I feel Ferrel's falling back on Anchorman as a last ditch attempt. Also because it's been so long, alot of the gags in the first one will be rehashed in the sequel as a "reminder".

rudester
Originally posted by Myth
^ You sound salty.

Everytime I tell this story no one believes me, celebs are people too and they walk down streets. Dont tell me youve never seen a celeb up close and personal?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Sorry but Talladega Nights, the ice-skating one, the step brothers & The Other Guys were all duds to me.

Fair enough. I've not seen any of those. The writing will probably determine if it'll soar or fall flat..

Esau Cairn
Don't get me wrong, I like Will Ferrel but he was funnier as a supporting cast member like in Old School.

It's just I feel that directors & producers give Ferrel too much credit to ad-lib & improv his lines.
Y'know that saying,"You had to be there!"...it might've been funny on the day itself, both cast & crew might've peed themselves laughing but then the scene is filmed & the humour is lost in the context of the film....what was funny on set is ultimately a dud to the audience watching.

seth9110
I have been waiting for this for so long, loved the first fil amd hopefully this will be good as well, can't waithttp://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Myth
Originally posted by rudester
Everytime I tell this story no one believes me, celebs are people too and they walk down streets. Dont tell me youve never seen a celeb up close and personal?

I believe you. My point was that so many celebs act like that, and if I limit the movies I watch to non-douchebag movie stars, there will be nearly no more movies left to watch. Thus, you not watching his movies are because you are salty due to a personal experience with Rudd even though 90% of other celebrities would have treated you the same way.

Major_Lexington
Its going to be full of Quotes, definitely!

Florence95
Thanks for the heads up.http://www.infoocean.info/avatar4.jpg

Greysen93
It's going to be great.

Patient_Leech
Gangstas...

jdh4dXfhvls

Myth
2nd teaser (different from the post above): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39KxQrGwOGU

Kazenji
nThS5d_wmvg

Esau Cairn
I dunno...the 1st doesn't stand up to multiple viewings as far as the humour goes. I recently watched it again several weeks ago & although I didn't "laugh out loud" I remember finding the scenes funnier the very 1st time around.

I'll wait for dvd release for A2...at least you'll get the bloopers for the extra laugh.

Zack Fair
The trsiler didn't do much for me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.