Harald Jaekelsson vs Lobo (Brawl)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
In an all out brawl who would win this?

golem370
Harald is almost completely immune to harm

KingD19
Not almost, he is completely immune to harm. And he's strong enough to not only hurt Thor, but Thor broke his hand hitting him. He'd take this.

Delta1938
Who's Harald Jaekelsson?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Delta1938
Who's Harald Jaekelsson?

Igniz
Who's Harald Jaekelsson?

The undead viking that was impervious to physical harm due to some sort of curse.Only with one of Doctor Strange's spells were able to negate the curse in order for Thor to finally beat Harald Jaekelsson.Lobo wont be able to do any harm to Harald Jaekelsson.This is one fight Lobo ain't winning.

KingD19
Yeah, he was a viking back in the day, and while pillaging a village, the village's mystic/wizard placed a curse on them. Bad part was, he was using rune stones to power the spell and his blood as a catalyst. The spells power was directly based on how much blood he fed the stone. He caught an arrow in the neck while casting the spell though and the stone soaked it all up, increasing the power of the spell to ridiculous levels. That made Harald and his entire crew immortal, invulnerable, and super strong.

AsbestosFlaygon
Harald was quite literally the most durable (physically) Herald-level supervillain I have seen in the Marvel universe.

As much as I like Lobo, he ain't winning this one.
He won't die of course, but he gets reduced to a pulpy mash.

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
Not almost, he is completely immune to harm. And he's strong enough to not only hurt Thor, but Thor broke his hand hitting him. He'd take this. Thor broke both his wrists after hitting Harald with Mjolnir, iirc.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Igniz
The undead viking that was impervious to physical harm due to some sort of curse.Only with one of Doctor Strange's spells were able to negate the curse in order for Thor to finally beat Harald Jaekelsson.Lobo wont be able to do any harm to Harald Jaekelsson.This is one fight Lobo ain't winning.

Yeah, he was a viking back in the day, and while pillaging a village, the village's mystic/wizard placed a curse on them. Bad part was, he was using rune stones to power the spell and his blood as a catalyst. The spells power was directly based on how much blood he fed the stone. He caught an arrow in the neck while casting the spell though and the stone soaked it all up, increasing the power of the spell to ridiculous levels. That made Harald and his entire crew immortal, invulnerable, and super strong.

Thanks guys. I'd actually seen scans of him, but I either didn't catch or didn't remember the name.

Flyattractor
Yeah, he was a viking back in the day, and while pillaging a village, the village's mystic/wizard placed a curse on them. Bad part was, he was using rune stones to power the spell and his blood as a catalyst. The spells power was directly based on how much blood he fed the stone. He caught an arrow in the neck while casting the spell though and the stone soaked it all up, increasing the power of the spell to ridiculous levels. That made Harald and his entire crew immortal, invulnerable, and super strong. Immortality and Invulnerabitlty and Super Strenght.

How is this a curse?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Mindset
Thor broke both his wrists after hitting Harald with Mjolnir, iirc.
Really? Scan or issue number please.

JakeTheBank
Found this in a KMC search. Thanks to Bran for uploading the scans.

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
You mean after Thor was powered up?

Normal powered Thor:
Thor also struck him hard enough to do some real damage though another time.
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/5762/thorvikings2p02hgcj4.th.jpg

Wrists...
http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/6039/thorvikings2p03hgjs7.th.jpg

Kick...
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/8138/thorvikings2p06hgsh7.th.jpg

Snap...
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6118/thorvikings2p07hgwh4.th.jpg

Thor's face...
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/466/thorvikings2p10hgpn6.th.jpg

Again...
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/2762/thorvikings2p11hgme6.th.jpg

Water...
http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/9109/thorvikings2p13hgyg4.th.jpg

Down...
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2117/thorvikings2p14hgaa4.th.jpg

JakeTheBank
As far as the thread goes, Harald beats Lobo up.

Flyattractor
Harald should fight Juggernaut
That might be fun to watch....or be really boring.

And wow.

Poor widdle Thwor got fwumped.

I thought that was impossible.

Reacting2
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
As far as the thread goes, Harald beats Lobo up. Lobo healing factor is going to keep him in the battle for eternity

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Harald should fight Juggernaut
That might be fun to watch....or be really boring.

And wow.

Poor widdle Thwor got fwumped.

I thought that was impossible.
Harald VS Classic Juggernaut would be interesting.

I believe Juggernaut has the advantage, due to his varied power set.
He had some random powers back then, besides pure indestructibility.

Reacting2

Reacting2
Found this in a KMC search. Thanks to Bran for uploading the scans. god damn..! thor got his shit kicked in

Prep-Man
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Harald was quite literally the most durable (physically) Herald-level supervillain I have seen in the Marvel universe.

As much as I like Lobo, he ain't winning this one.
He won't die of course, but he gets reduced to a pulpy mash.

It would be a stalemate, because every time Lobo is reduced to nothing he pops right back up.

zopzop
Found this in a KMC search. Thanks to Bran for uploading the scans.

Is that even canon? It's from Marvel's "MAX" line of comics for "adult" audiences.

If it's canon, how the f;;k does that story make sense? A Norse Deity having his sh|t pushed in by one of his worshipers?
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/9161/medievalfacepalm.jpg

Back on topic, if Harald was powerful enough to do that to a non depowered or otherwise nerfed Thor, he'd cream Lobo. He wouldn't have to kill Lobo to get a forum win, a KO would do.

KingD19
@Zop Harald whooped on Thor because his curse was powered by rune magic. The same runes that powered Rune King Thor, or at least in that same league. And the spell was dependent on blood, the guy casting the spell filled it with all of his. So the curse was incredibly powerful.

@Fly It was a curse because they were doomed to roam the Earth until the guy they killed's descendants were brought together and they were continually decomposing and just had this insatiable lust for being vikings. Aside from that though, they were badass.

Delta1938
Originally posted by zopzop
Is that even canon? It's from Marvel's "MAX" line of comics for "adult" audiences.

If it's canon, how the f;;k does that story make sense? A Norse Deity having his sh|t pushed in by one of his worshipers?

I know the forum rules don't allow non-canon showings for main-stream characters, but does that mean characters that only appeared in alternate continuities aren't allowed?

@Zop Harald whooped on Thor because his curse was powered by rune magic. The same runes that powered Rune King Thor, or at least in that same league. And the spell was dependent on blood, the guy casting the spell filled it with all of his. So the curse was incredibly powerful.

@Fly It was a curse because they were doomed to roam the Earth until the guy they killed's descendants were brought together and they were continually decomposing and just had this insatiable lust for being vikings. Aside from that though, they were badass.

So was it kinda a case of a really powerful Draugr?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draugr

CosmicComet
I know the forum rules don't allow non-canon showings for main-stream characters, but does that mean characters that only appeared in alternate continuities aren't allowed?

Of course they are allowed.

Unfortunately one can't do something like try to powerscale with alternate reality versions of characters that exist in the mainstream 616 as well.

So if some alternate realm only character beats his reality's version of Thor, we can't assume the Thor he beat is equivalent to 616's.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Reacting2
Lobo healing factor is going to keep him in the battle for eternity

Wasn't aware Lobo can't be KOed.

CosmicComet
Wasn't aware Lobo can't be KOed.

It doesn't make sense for him to be able to be ko'd. At all.

A weaker clone was able to regen within seconds of being turned into nothing but a pool of blood.

How is he suddenly going to be ko'd long enough to account for a forum win? Being ko'd, e.g. your brain is still intact, suddenly takes longer to regenerate from then being reduced to a pool of blood?---where obviously you have no brain at all.

It's contradictory. No character that can regenerate within moments of their head being gone, should be able to be knocked out long enough with their head in-tact to count for a forum win.

Obviously, it still happens, but its completely ****ing stupid.

Regen from apparent death in seconds. Still able to be ko'd for a minute plus.

That's just lol.

Mindset
Deadpool has been koed.

CosmicComet
Of course he has been. As has Lobo.

The fact is though, it should be completely impossible going by their feats of regeneration.

Mindset
Dems the breaks.

Delta1938
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Of course he has been. As has Lobo.

The fact is though, it should be completely impossible going by their feats of regeneration.

I concur. Right up there with Zoom hitting as hard as he does(despite not actually moving fast) and Captain America's shield hurting anybody on impact.

CosmicComet
Contradictory regeneration, along with jobbing speedsters, are among my biggest pet peeves in comics.

JakeTheBank
Captain America's shield is an abstract level weapon, so I have no qualms with it hurting anyone.

Delta1938
What specific example pisses you off the most? If you can't nail down one, you can give 2 or 3.

CosmicComet
What specific example pisses you off the most? If you can't nail down one, you can give 2 or 3.

The likes of Grundy or Konvikt being able to touch Superman at all, without explanation.

Mindset
They are fast enough to hit Superman.

Evidence: They hit Superman.

Explanation: Because they are fast enough to hit Superman, they hit him.

CosmicComet
They are fast enough to hit Superman.

Evidence: They hit Superman.

Explanation: Because they are fast enough to hit Superman, they hit him.

Guess that means Batman has FTL in reflexes then.

Grundy sure as hell has a hard time hitting him.

Mindset
Guess that means Batman has FTL in reflexes then.

Grundy sure as hell has a hard time hitting him. Nope.

It's because Batman knows how to fight better.

Evidence: He can fight better.

CosmicComet
Nope.

It's because Batman knows how to fight better.

Evidence: He can fight better.

Apparently skill helps you evade better than having nanosecond (or less) level reaction time.

Mindset
Duh.

CosmicComet
I love you, man.

Delta1938
Apparently skill helps you evade better than having nanosecond (or less) level reaction time.

Wasn't that the case for PC Karate Kid?

CosmicComet
Wasn't that the case for PC Karate Kid?

Never read up on PC Karate Kid.

Sounds like he was a shit character.

That wouldn't make sense anyway. Skill means nothing if your brain and muscles operate at a slug's pace (being generous) compared to someone else's. So his training probably granted him some 'chi' like amp or some shit.

Delta1938
Never read up on PC Karate Kid.

Sounds like he was a shit character.

That wouldn't make sense anyway. Skill means nothing if your brain and muscles operate at a slug's pace (being generous) compared to someone else's. So his training probably granted him some 'chi' like amp or some shit.

Pretty much everything I know about PC Karate Kid is from scans and reading others talk about what he did. But apparently, his skill was at such a high level that he might as well had powers. He was able to hold his own against Pre-CRISIS Kryptonians and Daxamites despite being a normal human, able to use his skill against both their strength AND speed.

Yeah, doesn't make sense. But that's how he was often portrayed based on what I've seen and read.

JakeTheBank
Yeah, if you don't like skill beating power sets, especially those that include superspeed on the level of Kryptonians, I'd stay away from Karate Kid.

CosmicComet
I want whatever substances silver age writers were abusing.

Delta1938
I want whatever substances silver age writers were abusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udNHsk57f24

950Killer

"Id"
Yeah I am not buying it.
Herald whopping on a noncanon Thor is not impressive.
Lobo breaks him, because his character is bent on doing the impossible and his rank scales to canon characters.

950Killer
Originally posted by "Id"
Yeah I am not buying it.
Herald whopping on a noncanon Thor is not impressive.
Lobo breaks him, because his character is bent on doing the impossible and his rank scales to canon characters.

again the story is canon because it did not contradict thor and dr. strange history (at that time), Harald was even included in the marvel universe handbook

"Id"
Originally posted by 950Killer
again the story is canon because it did not contradict thor and dr. strange history (at that time), Harald was even included in the marvel universe handbook

Its not about contradiction. Its the fact that it was published under the subcompany, and these stories are treated under their own canon. Unless I am forgetting some forum rule here. And God knows I do, its been over 10 years since I started posting here. This has long bin established as the canon law when we deal with characters like Harald.

DarkSaint85
Plus, Lobo shits on the logical outcomes.

950Killer
Originally posted by "Id"
Its not about contradiction. Its the fact that it was published under the subcompany, and these stories are treated under their own canon.

The reason why it was published under the MAX imprint because it contained some gore elements in it. another example of a MAX series that considered to be canon is "Alias"

cdtm
Not almost, he is completely immune to harm. And he's strong enough to not only hurt Thor, but Thor broke his hand hitting him. He'd take this.

So how does this make him any different then Juggernaut?

Unless he pulls some toon force shenanigans, battlefield removal?

RealityWarper
I can see Lobo beating Harald with some ability pulled out of his ass like when he beat GAWD. ^^

Flyattractor
Contract on Gawd was a Cool Mini. And He didn't pull any ABILITY out of His ass.

Get your facts right. He just flat out killed Gawd and His little brother.

RealityWarper
Contract on Gawd was a Cool Mini. And He didn't pull any ABILITY out of His ass.

Get your facts right. He just flat out killed Gawd and His little brother.

I am speaking about the scene when he used his chain and hook to go through Gawd's forcefield.

Lobo do stuff like that all the time.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by RealityWarper
I am speaking about the scene when he used his chain and hook to go through Gawd's forcefield.

Lobo do stuff like that all the time.

You are dismembering it there a bit buddy. Try reading it again.

RealityWarper
You are dismembering it there a bit buddy. Try reading it again.

I will check it asap. The last time I have read it was like 2 years ago iirc.

Flyattractor
Trust Me. I know my Lobo facts.

meep-meep
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Plus, Lobo shits on the logical outcomes.

Except when he doesn't. Harald Jagoff is an outlier. Lobo is a hobo here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.