Magneto with a 100-ton Chunk of Adamantium vs Superman, Thor, Wonder Woman and Hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Magneto gets a 100-ton chunk of pure adamantium and 10 minutes of prep and intel on his opponents.

Fight on indestructible planet. No BFR (even regarding the adamantium).

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31499/1982030-xmen_13_cover.jpg

Odekahn
Team ROFLSTOMPS

Seriously, this isn't even a fight.

abhilegend
Thor teleports adamantium away./thread

Starscream M
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thor teleports adamantium away./thread edited OP.

Odekahn
Originally posted by Starscream M
edited OP.

It doesn't make a difference. Why would you do this to my favorite Marvel character? ::sobs uncontrollably::

Starscream M
Originally posted by Odekahn
It doesn't make a difference. Why would you do this to my favorite Marvel character? ::sobs uncontrollably:: You're severely underestimating how overpowered Magneto would be with a large amount of adamantium at his disposal

abhilegend
You're severely underestimating how overpowered Magneto would be with a large amount of adamantium at his disposal
Please tell us.

Sundipped
Team stomps. Just curious, at what velocity would Mags be able to weild this amount?

AsbestosFlaygon
Magneto wraps himself with at least 50-tons of Adamantium to protect himself, and uses the other 50-tons to crush the other combatants in spheres of Adamantium.

But I think it's easier said than done. These guys are no slouches.

abhilegend
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Magneto wraps himself with at least 50-tons of Adamantium to protect himself, and uses the other 50-tons to crush the other combatants in spheres of Adamantium.

But I think it's easier said than done. These guys are no slouches.
Kal vibrates through adamantium and koes magnus.

PillarofOsiris
This thread is beyond spite. Magneto lasts a nano-second, if he's the luckiest mutant on the planet.

Starscream M
Please tell us. ok, he can use some adamantium to create an impenetrable coccoon around him, with obvious openings for sight and such...but these tiny gaps he protects with forcefield

he then uses some of the adamantium and creates thousands of spikes which spin around him and outwards and which he shoots at the team, pretty much killing them

he can also use some adamantium and encase the opponents in adamantium, from which they cannot break out

I think the team is phucked to be honest

Odekahn
You're severely underestimating how overpowered Magneto would be with a large amount of adamantium at his disposal

No, you're severely underestimating the planet busters. Had this match been 1v1 with any of them I think we could have had a discussion... but all 4 of them at once? C'mon, lol.

abhilegend
Why don't you add some more characters in this thread, starscream?

Odekahn
ok, he can use some adamantium to create an impenetrable coccoon around him, with obvious openings for sight and such...but these tiny gaps he protects with forcefield

he then uses some of the adamantium and creates thousands of spikes which spin around him and outwards and which he shoots at the team, pretty much killing them

he can also use some adamantium and encase the opponents in adamantium, from which they cannot break out

I think the team is phucked to be honest

Ummm.... Hasn't Hulk broken adamantium before?

And maybe Thor's lightning wouldn't work on Mags, but I bet Superman's heat vision would. And that cocoon would be an oven, lol.

abhilegend
ok, he can use some adamantium to create an impenetrable coccoon around him, with obvious openings for sight and such...but these tiny gaps he protects with forcefield

I think the team is phucked to be honest Originally posted by abhilegend
Kal vibrates through adamantium and koes magnus.

Starscream M
Ummm.... Hasn't Hulk broken adamantium before?

And maybe Thor's lightning wouldn't work on Mags, but I bet Superman's heat vision would. And that cocoon would be an oven, lol. nobody can break adamantium

also, when superman uses HV, magneto will deflect it with his forcefield....or just encase superman's head in adamantium block

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Sundipped
Team stomps. Just curious, at what velocity would Mags be able to weild this amount?

Even assuming he could send an adamantium spike at the team fast enough to HIT THEM, before they killed him, I doubt he could make it go fast enough to have enough force behind it to impale Superman. Possibly the other characters could be impaled, but Hulk would regenerate, and Wonder Woman would block it with her bracers, and Thor has shields. I can't imagine the perception of comic books the person who made this thread has.

AsbestosFlaygon
I think superspeed and FTL-reflexes will help Superman and Wonder Woman evade anything Magneto will try to dish out.
Thor also has ultra-fast reflexes.

I'm not sure if Hulk's regen will help him from the Adamantium onslaught.
But considering the fact he can regen from Wolverine's slashes and stabs, I think he won't be having a problem (besides getting entombed by Adamantium).

Let's not forget Hulk and Superman have gotten upgrades as well.

Odekahn
nobody can break adamantium

also, when superman uses HV, magneto will deflect it with his forcefield....or just encase superman's head in adamantium block

Really?

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z191/oWarlock360o/blastaar7os.jpg

PillarofOsiris
I know Thor has broken composite adamantium, maybe he's even dented actual adamantium, although I'm not sure on that. I have no doubt Superman could break it.

Newjak

I think the team is phucked to be honest Thor teleports Magento out of the case where Thor then goes unto knock him out in one blow stick out tongue

Odekahn
I still say the others cheer-lead for Supes as he turns the metal into an oven.

Deep fried Mags anyone?

Newjak

Deep fried Mags anyone? That works to.

abhilegend

Deep fried Mags anyone?
Eric can easily absorb hv into his force-field or just deflect it away towards any other on field.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Even assuming he could send an adamantium spike at the team fast enough to HIT THEM, before they killed him, I doubt he could make it go fast enough to have enough force behind it to impale Superman. Possibly the other characters could be impaled, but Hulk would regenerate, and Wonder Woman would block it with her bracers, and Thor has shields. I can't imagine the perception of comic books the person who made this thread has.

Just FYI Magento snatched the giant bullet that Kitty was trapped in that had been traveling at many times the speed of light for two years, stopped it, turned it around, and brought it back to earth in less than a month... he would ruin Superman's day with Adamantium projectiles.

carver9
None of these people are planet busters and no one in this thread is Hulk and can rip or break adamantium. As for the thread...Magneto has so many ways of winning this, its ridiculous. Lol at Superman vibrating through adamantium.hahahahahahaha

Odekahn
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Just FYI Magento snatched the giant bullet that Kitty was trapped in that had been traveling at many times the speed of light for two years, stopped it, turned it around, and brought it back to earth in less than a month... he would ruin Superman's day with Adamantium projectiles.

Yeah, and how much concentration did it take and how much did it drain out of him to do so? It wasn't like that was an everyday feat for him. He wouldn't ruin Superman's day, lol. That's a joke. But this isn't even about that so I'm not going to derail the thread into a 1v1. This is 1v4!!! And one of the most one sided battles I've seen.

What's next? Thanos vs Aunt May? (Please, no golden oldie comments)

Odekahn
Originally posted by carver9
None of these people are planet busters and no one in this thread is Hulk and can rip or break adamantium. As for the thread...Magneto has so many ways of winning this, its ridiculous. Lol at Superman vibrating through adamantium.hahahahahahaha

I'm really starting to think you just outright hate DC. This is absolutely laughable.

carver9

this is what I was thinking as well. Shield himself and just go haywire with adamantium sharpnel. Mags stomps in this battle.

abhilegend
He wouldn't be doing yoga here.Originally posted by carver9
Kitty phased through adamantium by sliding her atoms. Speedsters slide their atoms while vibrating. Do the math.

carver9
I'm really starting to think you just outright hate DC. This is absolutely laughable.

Tell me what's laughable and be ready to provide scans.

carver9
He wouldn't be doing yoga here.
Kitty phased through adamantium by sliding her atoms. Speedsters slide their atoms while vibrating. Do the math.

So has Superman or Thor done it? Also, when did Superman control his atoms?

Odekahn
Tell me what's laughable and be ready to provide scans.

It's laughable to think that Magneto could beat these 4. You think he stomps here?

Thor

Superman

Hulk

Wonder Woman

He takes them all out? If you truly believe that then I've just lost a little respect for your battle opinions, lol. I shouldn't even have to go into why. Why can't Aunt May beat Thanos??? Do you really even have to answer that?

PillarofOsiris

Hopefully for Magneto then, Superman and Wonder Woman start the fight many light years away from him so he has time to react to their attack.

PillarofOsiris

He takes them all out? If you truly believe that then I've just lost a little respect for your battle opinions, lol.

You used to respect him? He said that the Thing would beat down Superman, and Colossus or Thor could one-shot Superman.

abhilegend
So has Superman or Thor done it? Also, when did Superman control his atoms?
Its how speedsters phase through objects, kitty just has the ability to phase naturally. Are you trying to suggest that sliding atoms is different than sliding atoms?

Odekahn
You used to respect him? He said that the Thing would beat down Superman, and Colossus or Thor could one-shot Superman.

Forgive me, I'm new 'round these parts, lol. Did he really say that? Tell me you're joking...

carver9
It's laughable to think that Magneto could beat these 4. You think he stomps here?

Thor

Superman

Hulk

Wonder Woman

He takes them all out? If you truly believe that then I've just lost a little respect for your battle opinions, lol. I shouldn't even have to go into why. Why can't Aunt May beat Thanos??? Do you really even have to answer that?

He shields himself (shields has never been broken...shields has even withstood attacks from Galactus) bfrs Hulk...shoot an adamantium spike through Supermans skull, wraps Thor in adamantium, and use the rest of it to punch a hole through Wonder Woman. The only way I could see this team winning is them fighting completely out of character.

carver9
Forgive me, I'm new 'round these parts, lol. Did he really say that? Tell me you're joking...

I was messing with Pillar since he was saying d*** a** s&**... Like wonder woman being 5 times stronger than Thor and Superman being 10 times stronger. So I said Thing was 5 times stronger than all of them on his weakest day.

PillarofOsiris

Sadly I'm not joking. And sadder still, those aren't the dumbest claims he's made.

abhilegend
^So in-character they are standing still, jaw agape, awestruck at eric's bucket helmet.ermm

PillarofOsiris
I was messing with Pillar since he was saying d*** a** s&**... Like wonder woman being 5 times stronger than Thor and Superman being 10 times stronger. So I said Thing was 5 times stronger than all of them on his weakest day.

I love to see a quote of me saying Wonder Woman is 5 times stronger than Thor. And you said Thing would beat down Superman, and Colossus and Thor would one-shot him in an entirely different context than you're making it out to be. And I said it could be argued Superman was ten times stronger than Thor in regards to Superman's high end showings compared to Thor in WM (which is supposed to make him 10x his normal strength). But that's irrelevant to this thread, so that's the last I'll say about it.

carver9
Its how speedsters phase through objects, kitty just has the ability to phase naturally. Are you trying to suggest that sliding atoms is different than sliding atoms?

When Superman, Northstar, and Supergirl does it, it looks more like a speed ft than atom displacement.

ares834
None of these people are planet busters and no one in this thread is Hulk and can rip or break adamantium.

Magneto with a 100-ton Chunk of Adamantium vs Superman, Thor, Wonder Woman and Hulk

confused

Badabing
I love to see a quote of me saying Wonder Woman is 5 times stronger than Thor. Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Wonder Woman is 5 times stronger than Thor.

carver9
I love to see a quote of me saying Wonder Woman is 5 times stronger than Thor. And you said Thing would beat down Superman, and Colossus and Thor would one-shot him in an entirely different context than you're making it out to be. And I said it could be argued Superman was ten times stronger than Thor in regards to Superman's high end showings compared to Thor in WM (which is supposed to make him 10x his normal strength). But that's irrelevant to this thread, so that's the last I'll say about it.

Until you use common sense, then always remember, Thing would one shot/beat the hell out of Supes, Hulk, Thor, and KC Supes combined.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Badabing

Let me re-phrase that, I'd love to see a non-edited quote of me saying that.

abhilegend
When Superman, Northstar, and Supergirl does it, it looks more like a speed ft than atom displacement.
I've proof, what have you got? Except your dick of course.ermmnone

carver9
Originally posted by ares834

confused

They still lose. Hulk is currently weakened. Banner has been stripped from him. He gets bfred.

Badabing
Let me re-phrase that, I'd love to see a non-edited quote of me saying that. Make up your mind. sneer

abhilegend

carver9
Let me re-phrase that, I'd love to see a non-edited quote of me saying that.

Pillar, you said it. If I find it, I want you to post that I am a far better debator than you. Can.you do this?

PillarofOsiris

Fight on indestructible planet. No BFR (even regarding the adamantium).

He gets bfred.

carver9
This was all fun and games but the team wins. smile

PillarofOsiris
Pillar, you said it. If I find it, I want you to post that I am a far better debator than you. Can.you do this?

Here's where you asked me how much stronger I thought WW was than Thor:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=13767052&highlight=userid%3A125558#post13767052

abhilegend
They still lose. Hulk is restored to a believable level. Pak left the title.
Fixed.ahah

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Badabing
laughing

zopzop
Really?

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z191/oWarlock360o/blastaar7os.jpg

Wasn't this retconned into being Secondary Adamantium? I could have sworn I read that somewhere.

Seems like it was :
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/faustfactory.htm

Mindset
Mags wins...are you guys serious?

Odekahn
This was all fun and games but the team wins. smile

Ok, whew! You were scaring me there for a sec, lol.

carver9
Ok, whew! You were scaring me there for a sec, lol.

Hulk is there. Do you honestly believe I would vote against him?

Lord Feron
Make Mags bloodlusted and CIS free he has a chance.

Mindset
Seriously, Mags wins.

Blight
Hulk is there. Do you honestly believe I would vote against him? Yeah I was reading this whole thread thinking "Carver is voting against Hulk? I feel it getting a little cold in hell..."

Flyattractor
Hulk just gets madder then magnatism and crams the adman up Maggys hole.

Nuff said.

Mindset
Hulk will be headless and koed.

Flyattractor
Nope Hulk don't need head to smash.
Maggy Looses.

JakeTheBank
no expression

JakeTheBank
Having read this thread in full, I can honestly say I am disappoint.

Stoic
At first glance I immediately thought that this team had no hopes in hell of defeating Magneto under these conditions. He could warp the adamantium into armor, which would make him as strong the substance, and with him polarizing it, he could increase that strength exponentially. I'm feeling that if the team doesn't blitz him straight away, that his chances of winning sky rocket the longer he is given the chance to manipulate the metal. He could probably make adamantium dust particles, and flood their lungs, and blood streams with it, and take control of their mobility. This of course is if they don't blitz him the moment that the battle begins.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Stoic
At first glance I immediately thought that this team had no hopes in hell of defeating Magneto under these conditions. He could warp the adamantium into armor, which would make him as strong the substance, and with him polarizing it, he could increase that strength exponentially. I'm feeling that if the team doesn't blitz him straight away, that his chances of winning sky rocket the longer he is given the chance to manipulate the metal. He could probably make adamantium dust particles, and flood their lungs, and blood streams with it, and take control of their mobility. This of course is if they don't blitz him the moment that the battle begins. I gave him 10 minutes of prep time

Starscream M
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Having read this thread in full, I can honestly say I am disappoint. because ppl have underestimated magneto?

carver9
Magneto is clearly a high Herald and one of the most versatile beings I have seen with such a limited set of powers. People could make good arguments on either side for this battle imo.

Stoic
I gave him 10 minutes of prep time

I'm thinking that he would be nearly impossible to beat with 2 minutes of prep time. With 10 minutes he would have formed crazy defenses, and set up traps that they had no idea were there, like making the very air that they breathed adamantium dust which he could also manipulate to enter their blood stream. I think that Magneto could literally turn the team into meat puppets.

carver9
Adamantium blade moving around at light speed is hellava dangerous.

Mindset
Magneto is clearly a high Herald and one of the most versatile beings I have seen with such a limited set of powers. People could make good arguments on either side for this battle imo. He has one of the widest powersets in comics.

Starscream M
I'm thinking that he would be nearly impossible to beat with 2 minutes of prep time. With 10 minutes he would have formed crazy defenses, and set up traps that they had no idea were there, like making the very air that they breathed adamantium dust which he could also manipulate to enter their blood stream. I think that Magneto could literally turn the team into meat puppets. yeah, that was what I was thinking when I made this thread...its too bad most ppl have little imagination on what magneto is capable of...with prep time and a block of adamantium

Stoic
yeah, that was what I was thinking when I made this thread...its too bad most ppl have little imagination on what magneto is capable of...with prep time and a block of adamantium

Not just a block, but 100 tons of the stuff. The battlefield would be his, and he would be able to manipulate it to serve him like a third hand. Wonder Woman would be the first victim with all of her metal gear. All I can see are a bunch of prisoners in their own skins, and this isn't taking into account that they all have iron in their blood. If he didn't have the adamantium the team would rape him, but with it, I honestly think that he could give Odin a challenge.

JakeTheBank
If he didn't have the adamantium the team would rape him, but with it, I honestly think that he could give Odin a challenge.

That is going too far.

Stoic
That is going too far.

I never said that he would win, but he could certainly make Odin or someone on that level work for it. This is only if you can see or imagine how powerful Magneto could be under these conditions.

JakeTheBank
I never said that he would win, but he could certainly make Odin or someone on that level work for it. This is only if you can see or imagine how powerful Magneto could be under these conditions.

Giving Odin a challenge is basically akin to saying that under these conditions, Magneto would be a skyfather level character.

Which is...inaccurate.

Placidity
This is at least a stalemate. If Mags decides he can't kill them all or whatever and goes on the defensive, there is no way the team is getting through a sphere (at least a few meters thick) made from 100 tons of Adamantium which is being reinforced by Magneto. Its like adamantium with a freaking healing factor.

Starscream M
That is going too far. with admantium, and Odin in character, I could see mags winning and even killing odin (an admantium stake through the forehead)

Starscream M
Giving Odin a challenge is basically akin to saying that under these conditions, Magneto would be a skyfather level character.

Which is...inaccurate. mags is normally herald, high end in my opinion. give him an indestructible metal that he wields with ease...and I see him above herald.

JakeTheBank
with admantium, and Odin in character, I could see mags winning and even killing odin (an admantium stake through the forehead)

Well, this thread just peaked.

mags is normally herald, high end in my opinion. give him an indestructible metal that he wields with ease...and I see him above herald.

The gap between High Herald and Skyfather is pretty huge, let alone arguably the strongest skyfather in Marvel.

I mean...I really hope I don't have to break this down as to why Magneto cannot challenge, let alone beat, Odin.

Stoic

Which is...inaccurate.

The room that he could make out of the substance would make him close though. He would be a beast, and anything within that room would likely fall prey to him, like a fly in a spiders web.

Mindset
with admantium, and Odin in character, I could see mags winning and even killing odin (an admantium stake through the forehead) You make a convincing argument.

I agree.

carver9
Lol.

carver9
Magneto isn't beating Odin but the argument you all are making against the team sounds reasonable.

Starscream M
Well, this thread just peaked.
you think odin can survive a 5 foot adamantium stake through his head?

Mindset
you think odin can survive a 5 foot adamantium stake through his head? Yes...but a 6 foot stake is an entirely different story, my friend.

JakeTheBank
The room that he could make out of the substance would make him close though. He would be a beast, and anything within that room would likely fall prey to him, like a fly in a spiders web.

Not really?

Magneto operates and is constricted by the laws of pseudo-science in the form of electromagnetic manipulation. Odin takes a big steaming pile of Norse crap on said laws. He's a high end mystical being with reality warping capabilities and magical offense the likes of which Magneto has no defense against.

I mean, seriously. Magneto here couldn't beat someone like Surfer, so the idea that he'd even register to Odin is pretty nonsensical.

JakeTheBank
you think odin can survive a 5 foot adamantium stake through his head?

Assuming Magneto could do such a thing before Odin just slagged the adamantium, turned Magneto into some blubbering mess, or just incinerated him with a stray thought, or made an impenetrable barrier around him, he might give Odin a slight headache.

Mindset
But what about 72 inches of adamantium.

Surely, that will kill Odin.

Starscream M
Assuming Magneto could do such a thing before Odin just slagged the adamantium, turned Magneto into some blubbering mess, or just incinerated him with a stray thought, or made an impenetrable barrier around him, he might give Odin a slight headache. well, I said mags could beat an odin in character (ie a boastful odin who would no doubt underestimate mags)

if odin fights bloodlusted, then you'd be right, he'd crush magneto

JakeTheBank
well, I said mags could beat an odin in character (ie a boastful odin who would no doubt underestimate mags)

if odin fights bloodlusted, then you'd be right, he'd crush magneto

Odin in character has a form of cosmic awareness/omniscience that would enable him to beat Magneto without any effort whatsoever. Odin would have to be out of character in order for Magneto to have any semblance of a chance against him. The guy one shots high heralds without much thought. Magneto is no different.

Starscream M
Odin in character has a form of cosmic awareness/omniscience that would enable him to beat Magneto without any effort whatsoever. Odin would have to be out of character in order for Magneto to have any semblance of a chance against him. The guy one shots high heralds without much thought. Magneto is no different. oh gimme a break jake, you always like to overrate the asgardians

odin struggled to beat thanos and had to resort to weaponry...so don't tell me he is that much above heralds

carver9
oh gimme a break jake, you always like to overrate the asgardians

odin struggled to beat thanos and had to resort to weaponry...so don't tell me he is that much above heralds

Daaaaaaannnnng Jake. He does have a point though.

JakeTheBank
oh gimme a break jake, you always like to overrate the asgardians

Not sure how arguing Odin being vastly more powerful than Magneto is overrating him or Asgardians? Maybe you got some comics I don't.

Odin beating the shit out of Thanos, who conversely did no damage to Odin, and summoning Gungnir somehow makes him not that much above heralds? In the same damn fight, he nonchalantly one shot Silver Surfer.

Troll harder.

JakeTheBank
Daaaaaaannnnng Jake. He does have a point though.

No, he doesn't. Lol.

Mindset
Since when was Magneto even comparable to Thanos?

I don't even...

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset

I don't even...

This is what happens when you encourage them, Mindset. sneer

Starscream M

I don't even... mags with admantium would be more deadly than thanos.

JakeTheBank
mags with admantium would be more deadly than thanos.

Mindset
Why would Magneto need adamantium?

He can move any metal at lightspeed.

He'd rip the iron out of Odin's body at the speed of light and kill him.

Damborgson
Well Starscream does think that OF Thor is Mid Herald. I don't know why I'd be surprised at any of the rest of the nonsense said in the thread.

Starscream M
Why would Magneto need adamantium?

He can move any metal at lightspeed.

He'd rip the iron out of Odin's body at the speed of light and kill him. no...just no.

Mindset
no...just no. Show me where my reasoning is wrong.

The iron's mass would approach infinite as it moved closer to c.

Starscream M
Show me where my reasoning is wrong.

The iron's mass would approach infinite as it moved closer to c. 1) Odin's physiology might not even contain iron

2) pulling iron (assuming Odin had any) is a slow and time consuming procedure

3) the amount of metal shrapnel that mags would form would do little damage to odin and may not even penetrate him

Mindset
1) Odin's physiology might not even contain iron

2) pulling iron (assuming Odin had any) is a slow and time consuming procedure

3) the amount of metal shrapnel that mags would form would do little damage to odin and may not even penetrate him His blood is red, it contains iron.

Magneto pulled a planet sized bullet back to Earth, iron particles are easy as pie.

He could concentrate it in his brain and at c it will have enough energy to pierce his skull.

zopzop
Ignoring the Odin and Thanos nonsense (as if Magneto had a prayer), Mags would wreck HAVOC with this amount of an indestructible metal in his hands.

People are talking about Mags creating spikes or domes and stuff but they aren't using their imagination. Imagine he created hundreds of feet of adamantium barbed wire and causes it to flail at super speed all around him? Only Hulk would survive an encounter with that because of his HF.

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
Ignoring the Odin and Thanos nonsense (as if Magneto had a prayer), Mags would wreck HAVOC with this amount of an indestructible metal in his hands.

People are talking about Mags creating spikes or domes and stuff but they aren't using their imagination. Imagine he created hundreds of feet of adamantium barbed wire and causes it to flail at super speed all around him? Only Hulk would survive an encounter with that because of his HF.

Pretty much. Magneto have a thousand ways he could end this imo and if Hulk doesn't want to die, rap him in Adamantium and bfr his a**. People aren't looking at the big picture....force field Plus adamantium shielding Plus a master mind at using his powers...game set and done.

Mindset
Originally posted by zopzop

People are talking about Mags creating spikes or domes and stuff but they aren't using their imagination. Imagine he created hundreds of feet of adamantium barbed wire and causes it to flail at super speed all around him? Only Hulk would survive an encounter with that because of his HF. Or he could make a cloud of adamantium and reform it inside their bodies.

carver9
Or he could make a cloud of adamantium and reform it inside their bodies.

Lol...can't tell when you are serious or not.

Mindset
He could.

carver9
He could.

Who could?

Mindset
Him.

carver9
Him.

Who is "him"?

Mindset
The person we are talking about.

carver9
The person we are talking about.

Oh, youre talking about him. I forgot his name though. What is it again?

Mindset
Reported for trolling.

carver9
Reported for trolling.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Dream Stuff
Or he could make a cloud of adamantium and reform it inside their bodies.

This.

Basically, in order to make this a fight, Mags has to have CIS way, way off while everyone else is completely in character. Powerset-wise, there's no reason Mags couldn't trick some of them into breathing in enough adamantium dust to then tear them up inside. In character, Supes wouldn't be using the full spectrum of his vision at the beginning, so as long as he didn't breathe any in, he won't be able to warn the others (I imagine some sort of "super taste" would tip him off).

Mags' 50-ton adamantium sphere + his formidable force fields should keep him safe while he tries out every weird plan we can think of to put his opponents down.

Tony Stark
nobody can break adamantium

Odin Force THOR and the Serpent both broke Cap's sheild which is more durable than just pure adamantium. In addition both THOR and HULK have severely dented Ultron.

Stoic
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Odin Force THOR and the Serpent both broke Cap's sheild which is more durable than just pure adamantium. In addition both THOR and HULK have severely dented Ultron.

The adamantium is one thing, but then Mags would also be able to polarize it, making it even stronger.

Bouboumaster
The team is ridiculously stacked. They wins 10/10

JakeTheBank
Who is "him"?

Adam Warlock.

Estacado
If CIS is on for heroes Magneto can win.

Odekahn
Just because adamantium is "indestructible" doesn't mean that's it's somehow like a lightsaber that can just cut through anything. Bullets bounce off these characters, and they would bounce off if they were adamantium also. Adamantium is only going to make it harder for the team to bust through, but there's some serious invulnerability going on with this group.

TheHulk
Team

Estacado
Just because adamantium is "indestructible" doesn't mean that's it's somehow like a lightsaber that can just cut through anything. Bullets bounce off these characters, and they would bounce off if they were adamantium also. Adamantium is only going to make it harder for the team to bust through, but there's some serious invulnerability going on with this group.
Yeah.
Superman has been cut by Doomsday's claws.Same goes for Thor and Hulk.

carver9

Huh?

Estacado
Huh?
thumb up

BlackZero30x
....if this were doom and a 100 ton chunk of vibraniam things would be different....shifty

CosmicComet
Huh?

Simple.

What he means is, how strong a metal isn't doesn't determine its cutting ability.

If there was an adamantium katana and a steel katana, and their edge was the exact same width, they would have comparable cutting ability, it's just that the adamantium katana won't break.

Dream Stuff
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Odin Force THOR and the Serpent both broke Cap's sheild which is more durable than just pure adamantium.

Is that a fact?

Ultron's armor is pretty thin. Denting a plate of metal is a lot easier than denting a meter or more of it. Plus, Mags can repair it with ease. There's no mistaking that his defenses here would be a huge obstacle for the team to overcome.

Existere
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Simple.

What he means is, how strong a metal isn't doesn't determine its cutting ability.

If there was an adamantium katana and a steel katana, and their edge was the exact same width, they would have comparable cutting ability, it's just that the adamantium katana won't break. Right, but adamantium has a hardness that will (almost) always be higher than the hardness of whatever it's up against. That alone isn't enough to cut anything, but it basically means that it can cut anything not truly indestructible provided with the right amount of force... and we happen to know that Magneto can apply that kind of force.

Whether you think that he wins this battle or not, it'd be pretty silly to think he couldn't cut any of the characters in this thread with a chunk of adamantium.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Simple.

If there was an adamantium katana and a steel katana, and their edge was the exact same width, they would have comparable cutting ability, it's just that the adamantium katana won't break. adamntium is also one of the sharpest substances in the universe, not just the strongest

Uriel005
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
adamntium is also one of the sharpest substances in the universe, not just the strongest Adamantium has no potential to be sharper than any other substance. The only difference is that it can apparently hold a monomolecular edge indefinitely. In theory any solid substance could be as sharp.. it just wouldn't hold the edge beyond the first swing.

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
adamntium is also one of the sharpest substances in the universe, not just the strongest Do you exist solely to make up complete shit?

carver9
It's been shown and demonstrated multiple of Times that adamantiun sharpnes >>ANY blade (outside of magic). A regular blade can't cut Hulk and Thor and this has been proven on panel when Ares blade broke against Hulks skin along with other sharp items. Adamantium is the only thing that could pierce either of these two just like it pierced Gladiator, Thanos, some of the most durable guys in comics.

Saying that a conventional weapon equals adamantium, something that has been stated as being capable of ripping through atoms is just you all talking crazy.

Sr J-Bieb
It's been shown and demonstrated multiple of Times that adamantiun sharpnes >>ANY blade (outside of magic). A regular blade can't cut Hulk and Thor and this has been proven on panel when Ares blade broke against Hulks skin along with other sharp items. Adamantium is the only thing that could pierce either of these two just like it pierced Gladiator, Thanos, some of the most durable guys in comics.

Saying that a conventional weapon equals adamantium, something that has been stated as being capable of ripping through atoms is just you all talking crazy. Oh ya, Hulk has never been cut by anything other than adamantium...

Thor was jabbed through by magic arrows.

No blades have really been attempted on Glads. And a knife has cut Thanos before.

It's stated to be able to rip through atoms before Wolverine's claws were created to be really sharp.
Adamantium on its own isn't the "sharpest", Wolverine's claws were made to be.

carver9
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Oh ya, Hulk has never been cut by anything other than adamantium...

Thor was jabbed through by magic arrows.

No blades have really been attempted on Glads. And a knife has cut Thanos before.

It's stated to be able to rip through atoms before Wolverine's claws were created to be really sharp.
Adamantium on its own isn't the "sharpest", Wolverine's claws were made to be.

Forgot to add this word to my post.

Consistently.

h1a8

Mags doesn't have to send the spikes as projectiles with ENOUGH velocity. He can send them slow and push them through them. Speed only makes it harder to defend against and not so much to penetrate since Mags would be pushing it through.

IMO, the prep gives Mags a good chance here. It depends on how creative we can allow Mags to act. There is a way for Mags to win but it may require creative thinking and the possibility that Mags is fighting out of character. So if we allow CIS off and the greatest creativity for Mags then he wins everytime.

Now allow bfr or CIS off for the other characters then Mags may not be so lucky here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.