Deceptigod vs Metroplex

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
http://www.icv2.com/images/21096Deceptigod_LG.jpg

Who wins?

Endless Mike
What's the story on this guy?

cdtm
Originally posted by Endless Mike
What's the story on this guy?

It's a gestalt of Galvatrons entire sweep army and Megatron's Decepticons (Including Devestator)

Not much info on it at this point. I'm not even sure if it's working with Galvatron or against him...

dynamix
don't know who they are but that pic is freakin epic!!

Digi
Originally posted by dynamix
that pic is freakin epic!!

Endless Mike
Originally posted by cdtm
It's a gestalt of Galvatrons entire sweep army and Megatron's Decepticons (Including Devestator)

Not much info on it at this point. I'm not even sure if it's working with Galvatron or against him...

I thought Megatron and Galvatron were the same guy

cdtm
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I thought Megatron and Galvatron were the same guy

Not in IDW, they're not.

Galvatron is a different character, and lives in/comes from a place called the "Dead Universe", although he probably didn't originate from there...

Endless Mike
Interesting

Q99
Also, even in G1, they're only *sometimes* the same guy. In the Marvel comics, thanks to time travel you had both Megatron and Galvatron running around at the same time!

---

Anyway, as to this fight, Deceptigod wins, I'd say. Metroplex is big, but he's more... conventional. Also I think Deceptigod might be even bigger than him.

The story is back in the day, Nova Prime lead an expedition in the first Ark that got swept up there, and Galvatron was first officer.

In the Dead Universe, Nova Prime became Nemesis Prime, leading Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge, and a few others. Instead of the Leadership Matrix, Nemesis Prime had the Heart of Darkness from the Dead Universe, but Galvatron claimed it and took over.

He's in the Prime/Megatron power range, of course, which is pretty high in IDW.

Galan007
The Deceptigod apparently had some form of 'telepathy':
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t/11429899_13.jpg
Though I'm unsure how that'd affect Metroplex.

Sidenote: the fact that Megatron was able to defeat Deceptigod is an outstanding feat.

Parmaniac
What cmic is that from?

Galan007
Transformers v2 #30.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Galan007
Transformers v2 #30. Thanks
Are Transformers comics worth reading?

Galan007
Only if you enjoy that genre. If not, you won't like the series at all.

Q99
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Thanks
Are Transformers comics worth reading?

Some of them are.

The two current ones that just started, Robots in Disguise and More Than Meets the Eye, are excellent. Really good stuff, pick them up right now, I mean it.

The series before them, the one with this Deceptigod, starts out fine when it's on Earth, if you like Earth stuff, but the big Chaos story (which this is from) was kinda eh. Also depends on the artist.

Last Stand of the Wreckers is great stuff, and a very self-contained story.

All Hail Megatron is basically a big action movie, but it has definite flaws.

The initial IDW stuff by Simon Furman (Infiltration/Escalation/Devastation, plus the Spotlights and Maximum Dinobots) starts out well enough but gets a little too busy with sideplots and outside threats. The Spotlight stuff I rather liked for developing side characters and having a lot of good self-contained stories (and the later volumes of All Hail Megatron are basically Spotlight stories as well and similarly entertaining).

And the old-old Marvel comics are pretty entertaining and had some classic stories, but they are decades-old comics with all that entails.

TL;DR version: Current stuff and Last Stand of the Wreckers, great. Other stuff varies a bit. If you want fun self-contained stories, go Spotlights and AHM vol 3 and 4. If you don't mind retro, try the Transformers Classics stuff.

cdtm
There's trades collecting some of Simon Furmans best works from the older days...

Legacy of Unicron and Target 2006 are among them, and both good reading.

And I haven't read the new new stuff, but I think I preferred the pre "All Hail Megatron" run.. The newer stuff has plenty of good points, but I don't like how they Scrappy Dooed Spike (Went from making him merely annoying to an ******* with no redeeming qualities..), and Prowl isn't much better. Plus they took Jazz and turned him from a badass black ops guy into a pariah...

Q99
I actually only just read the Deceptigod story, and it was kinda naff, but the impression I got was it wouldn't actually be stopped unless (thing that solved the threat) happened.

Originally posted by cdtm

And I haven't read the new new stuff, but I think I preferred the pre "All Hail Megatron" run.. The newer stuff has plenty of good points, but I don't like how they Scrappy Dooed Spike (Went from making him merely annoying to an ******* with no redeeming qualities..), and Prowl isn't much better. Plus they took Jazz and turned him from a badass black ops guy into a pariah...

The Jazz thing is temporary, and yea I didn't like the handling of Spike either (though I do kinda like Prowl's shades of grey take). Also, the new-new stuff is good.

They split into two teams- one, Hot Rod/Rodimus on a ship to try and find some legendary lost Cybertronians.

Two, on Cybertron, with the war over and the planet revived, all the neutrals and such have started coming back. So now you have politics between Autobots, Decepticons (who operate under restrictions), and neutrals, many of whom hardly see why they have to put up with Autobots, and who over the millions of years have managed to build up to huge numbers.

Endless Mike
I've only read some of the comics with Unicron, he is one tough mofo

Q99
Well, he's a god who's also a planet who is also a robot, it's to be expected smile

Yet to show up in IDW's stuff, though (which is good- I think it's wise to save him).

Endless Mike
But what was really funny was some guys on MvC spent like 30 pages trying to convince a bunch of DBZ fanboys that DBZverse couldn't beat him

Galan007
Originally posted by Q99
Well, he's a god who's also a planet who is also a robot, it's to be expected smile

Yet to show up in IDW's stuff, though (which is good- I think it's wise to save him). Actually, Unicron appeared in Balancing Act--and IDW one-shot that, imo, gave Unicron one of his best 'feats':
http://s4d4.turboimagehost.com/t/11437248_blz07.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.