Superboy Prime vs Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

keiththegreat
Superboy Prime as seen in the Sinestro War. Fight takes place at high noon, on a sunny day. Fight is to the death.

Avengers:

WWH
Thor
Iron Man
Maria Hill
Protector (Noh-Varr)
Captain America
Hawkeye
Wolverine
Spiderman
Ares
Hercules
She Hulk
Giant Man
The Wasp
Spider Woman
Vision
Storm
Quake
Red Hulk (Current)

carver9
WWH solos.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by carver9
WWH solos.

Don't you ever get tired of typing that?

The Pict
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
Don't you ever get tired of typing that?

I think he genuinely believes it.

Or he's the best troll KMC has ever had hmm

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by The Pict

Or he's the best troll KMC has ever had hmm

I've wondered the same thing.

On topic...there are maybe 5 guys on this roster that can even hurt Prime, and I don't think they can hurt him enough to put him down.

The Pict
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I've wondered the same thing.

On topic...there are maybe 5 guys on this roster that can even hurt Prime, and I don't think they can hurt him enough to put him down.

WWH
Thor
Hercules
Red Hulk
and possibly Iron Man are the only ones that aren't fodder IMO. But can they counter Prime's speed? Nope.

I reckon he takes it, probably Thor goes down last.

abhilegend
Wow, fodder much?

abhilegend
WWH solos.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Aaz6RWn_XNU/T1t5ZXyIg6I/AAAAAAAAA0M/hZ9GK9EKtzM/s1600/big-lebowski-gif.gif

Horrificus
If we are talking about "Thinking Thor", he might be able to come up some some weird way to beat SP with the magic at his disposal.

And, even that would only happen if he was able to strike while SP was culling the rest of the team.

JakeTheBank
Pym BFRs him for the win.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Horrificus
If we are talking about "Thinking Thor", he might be able to come up some some weird way to beat SP with the magic at his disposal.

And, even that would only happen if he was able to strike while SP was culling the rest of the team.

Except SBP is for all intents and purposes virtually immune to magic. I guess he could temporarily BFR him, but then again, Prime can punch his way out of dimensions...

AsbestosFlaygon
WWH, Thor and Hercules will give him major problems.
They probably have the combined strength to put down SBP.
But the problem here is SPEED.
Something that all of the 3 lack, and SBP has in spades.

Odekahn
WWH solos.

Ok, I could even see you making an argument for WWH beating Superman... but Prime? Surely you jest!

Prime bends these guys over and Super-doinks them.

Uriel005
Originally posted by The Pict

Or he's the best troll KMC has ever had hmm Him or quan

Sundipped
Originally posted by abhilegend
Wow, fodder much?

Very much so.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by Sundipped
Very much so.

I suppose this team is fodder to Prime for the most part, but then again, this is pretty much most of the classic Avengers.

carver9
Originally posted by Odekahn
Ok, I could even see you making an argument for WWH beating Superman... but Prime? Surely you jest!

Prime bends these guys over and Super-doinks them.

Nothing but the truth.

Prep-Man
Prime.

dmills
WWH solos. Originally posted by carver9
Nothing but the truth.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/overshoot.gif

carver9
Originally posted by dmills
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/overshoot.gif

laughing out loud

jalek moye
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Pym BFRs him for the win. thumb up

Horrificus
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
WWH, Thor and Hercules will give him major problems.
They probably have the combined strength to put down SBP.
But the problem here is SPEED.
Something that all of the 3 lack, and SBP has in spades.
Not necessarily.

As we have all agreed, here in the forums, Thor has "super-speed".
shifty

Okaaaaay... Begin!

Uriel005
Not necessarily.

shifty

Okaaaaay... Begin! Doesn't change anything. Thor still wouldn't be able to keep up with one Flash let alone 3.

xJLxKing
Out of all those characters, only 4 would survive a heat vision. Those 4 wont survive a few more. This is unfortunately a bad fight, Superboy Prime

carver9
If Prime fights in character, he loses. If he fight like he has never shown on panel, he will win.

Uriel005
If Prime fights in character, he loses. If he fight like he has never shown on panel, he will win. you mean if Prime fights in character and every other character fights as they are hardly ever shown... Prime on panel punking several guardians at once would still wreck the team.

AsbestosFlaygon

shifty

When did this retardation happen?
I haven't been in this forum for quite some time.

Even if he did, do you really think he'd be faster than SBP?

abhilegend
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
When did this retardation happen?
I haven't been in this forum for quite some time.

Even if he did, do you really think he'd be faster than SBP?
You didn't know? He dig a trench at superspeed and run in a park at superspeed. He also batted away some energy bolts. That totally means he has lightspeed reflexes , doesn't it?ermm

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by abhilegend
You didn't know? He dig a trench at superspeed and run in a park at superspeed. He also batted away some energy bolts. That totally means he has lightspeed reflexes , doesn't it?ermm
Reflexes =/= speed.

Thor was never a speedster.

Estacado
Wasnt Thor fighting Tutinax at lightspeed?

-Pr-
Pymp slap ftw.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Estacado
Wasnt Thor fighting Tutinax at lightspeed? I'm pretty sure he was. Plus, all kinds of other "speed feats" listed here and there in this forum.
big grin

Really, it is not for me to say whether Thor has super-speed or not. I just read what has been posted by far more knowledgeable members.

Hehe. I said "members".

But, there are lot of very well-read Thor followers who seem to believe that he has shown feats of, and has made statements claiming he has vast "super-speed".

I haven't decide though.

Honestly, Thor seems to have been gifted with the same ability that Superman has. The ability that lets him do, pretty-much, whatever he needs to do at the moment.

Estacado
I'm pretty sure he was. Plus, all kinds of other "speed feats" listed here and there in this forum.
big grin

Really, it is not for me to say whether Thor has super-speed or not. I just read what has been posted by far more knowledgeable members.

Hehe. I said "members".

But, there are lot of very well-read Thor followers who seem to believe that he has shown feats of, and has made statements claiming he has vast "super-speed".

I haven't decide though.

Honestly, Thor seems to have been gifted with the same ability that Superman has. The ability that lets him do, pretty-much, whatever he needs to do at the moment.
Then Hulk ,Wolverine ,Ironman ,Red Hulk and some others use light speed attacks to take out SBP.estahuh

carver9
Originally posted by Estacado
Wasnt Thor fighting Tutinax at lightspeed?

No. It wasn't under his own power...the room that they were fighting in had something to do with that.

Horrificus
No. It wasn't under his own power...the room that they were fighting in had something to do with that.
Ssshhhhhhhhhh...
Carver! You'll ruin everything! big grin

JakeTheBank
I'm pretty sure he was. Plus, all kinds of other "speed feats" listed here and there in this forum.
big grin

Hehe. I said "members".

I haven't decide though.

He has "superspeed" in terms of general movement, but it's around low level superhuman/above the capabilities of an ordinary human.

In terms of reaction and reflexes, at his best, he's operating at around lightspeed or above.

But yeah, you hit the nail on the head with your last comment. Speed and speedsters in comics might have a raw edge over Thor when it comes to speed and have even performed the almighty "speedblitz" against him, but he has the capability to weather an attack and counter attack. Plus on the forum, he has the option to let Mjolnir do most of the work for him.

Horrificus
He has "superspeed" in terms of general movement, but it's around low level superhuman/above the capabilities of an ordinary human.

In terms of reaction and reflexes, at his best, he's operating at around lightspeed or above.

But yeah, you hit the nail on the head with your last comment. Speed and speedsters in comics might have a raw edge over Thor when it comes to speed and have even performed the almighty "speedblitz" against him, but he has the capability to weather an attack and counter attack. Plus on the forum, he has the option to let Mjolnir do most of the work for him. We are in agreement.

But, you missed one very important factor of Thor's speed, Jake...

The Power to Create Enjoyable Arguments in a Thread!!

eek!

JakeTheBank
Pretty much lol.

Though it's weird to see in other threads people who typically back Superman or speedsters in general against Thor also claim that if Thor had quantifiable speed that was even close to theirs, they'd give him an overwhelming majority against him or comments like "give Thor true speed and he runs a train on any herald easily".

I mean, personally, if Thor had Superman-esque speed, he'd be more formidable, sure, but I still couldn't see him obliterating all other heralds unless you're one of the types who really likes speed showings. Of course, he does have the capability to obliterate most heralds if he's so inclined to do so to begin with. mmm

Horrificus
Of course, he does have the capability to obliterate most heralds if he's so inclined to do so to begin with. mmm
As far as I can tell, the only things that limit Thor, are his imagination and need.

Which is logical, since his power stems from such an ethereal source, with such undefinable boundaries.

In a lot of ways, he actually comes from an "imagined realm".

It's hard to put a label or a limit on him.

dmills
As far as I can tell, the only things that limit Thor, are his imagination and need.

Which is logical, since his power stems from such an ethereal source, with such undefinable boundaries.

In a lot of ways, he actually comes from an "imagined realm".

It's hard to put a label or a limit on him.

One of the reasons that he doesn't need a defined "amp" per se. Personally I wish they'd explore the Ghea angle a bit more. It could be used as a plot device to explain why Thor is able to do shyte that is well beyond what we believe his limits to be. Aside from the tired "rising to the occasion" cliches.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.