Iron Man vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Stark gets his World War Hulk busting armor.

Thor is limited to fighting under CIS/PIS rules (Basically like how he normally fights Hulk or Herc.)

Who wins?

carver9
Ironman.

DarkSaint85
So he.....BFRs Iron Man?

-Pr-
Thor imo.

deathlife
Thor still.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
So he.....BFRs Iron Man?

He won't as per the OP.

Thor still wins. A couple of Lightning amped Mjolnir strikes like he's given Hulk in the past should do away with any armour of Iron Man's.

carver9
I disagree. WWH was hitting him with more than just lightning strike hammer shots, punches were wrecking cities and mountains for miles. If Thor is winning this, it isn't going to be by physical confrontation and I can't see him winning. One adamantium strike punch to the head from a suit that was clearly high class 100 should end this fight.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by carver9
One adamantium strike punch to the head from a suit that was clearly high class 100 should end this fight.

Was his suit made of adamantium?

I disagree. WWH was hitting him with more than just lightning strike hammer shots, punches were wrecking cities and mountains for miles.

What about the strike that bfr'd Nul??

carver9
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Was his suit made of adamantium?

What about the strike that bfr'd Nul??

His suit wasn't made out of adamantium but he placed adamantium spikes throughout the suit...example, the one he used to hit Hulk in the back of the head.

That wasnt a strike he used to bfr Nul...it was much more. Then Ironman have other abilities to prevent that from happening.

Newjak
I disagree. WWH was hitting him with more than just lightning strike hammer shots, punches were wrecking cities and mountains for miles. If Thor is winning this, it isn't going to be by physical confrontation and I can't see him winning. One adamantium strike punch to the head from a suit that was clearly high class 100 should end this fight. You're really going to sit here and act like that suit is going to physically dominate Thor?

D-Block
Thor IMO

DARTH POWER

That wasnt a strike he used to bfr Nul...it was much more.

Looked like a lightning amped strike to me.

Then Ironman have other abilities to prevent that from happening.

If it was just pure Lightning I know classic IM showed he could absorb it in a way that amps him. Not sure if current IM could though.

But either way it's not just lightning. It's a physical blow amped by lightning. I don't see IM having a defense to that.

carver9
Originally posted by Newjak
You're really going to sit here and act like that suit is going to physically dominate Thor?

It will. I see no reason why not. That was an amped Hulk Buster Armor and from what I've seen of it, physically, Thor isn't doing much.

-Pr-
It will. I see no reason why not. That was an amped Hulk Buster Armor and from what I've seen of it, physically, Thor isn't doing much.

I honestly don't get why you think the suit is the match of Thor.

carver9
Looked like a lightning amped strike to me.

If it was just pure Lightning I know classic IM showed he could absorb it in a way that amps him. Not sure if current IM could though.

But either way it's not just lightning. It's a physical blow amped by lightning. I don't see IM having a defense to that.

Not to me...especially with all that energy flying around after the attack. Especially with Nul being sucked up in a lightning bolt.

That attack could work on IM but I can't see it as something Thor would use majority of the time.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
I honestly don't get why you think the suit is the match of Thor.

Ironman was literally aiding in wrecking mountains and cities during a fist cuff. Why wouldn't it be? Especially with the way it performed against WWH. It was clearly one of the best fights WWH had that entire arc.

Estacado
Ironman was literally aiding in wrecking mountains and cities during a fist cuff. Why wouldn't it be? Especially with the way it performed against WWH. It was clearly one of the best fights WWH had that entire arc.
That shows how weak Hulk was...uhuh

carver9
Originally posted by Estacado
That shows how weak Hulk was...uhuh

Lol.

-Pr-

Stark was only a challenge to Hulk because of the darts, and even they didn't work. Stark being durable isn't going to put him above Thor, and besides, you really think Thor can't wreck a city?

Come on, now.

DARTH POWER
^Thor is stated on panel as having planet shattering blows

Blair Wind
Stark was only a challenge to Hulk because of the darts, and even they didn't work. Stark being durable isn't going to put him above Thor, and besides, you really think Thor can't wreck a city?

Come on, now.

The darts were blanks and had been tampered with, without Stark's knowledge. If they had not been messed with, WWH would have ended right then and there.

DARTH POWER
^ But the darts were supposed to inject nanites which were going to take away Hulk's powers wern't they?

It wouldn't have the same effect on Thor.

DarkSaint85
Nah, I think what Pr was arguing was that sans darts, Tony was no threat to WWH.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Blair Wind
The darts were blanks and had been tampered with, without Stark's knowledge. If they had not been messed with, WWH would have ended right then and there.

That was my point, like Darksaint said. Sure, Tony put up a fight, but realistically he was never actually going to BEAT Hulk, imo.

Delta1938
You're really going to sit here and act like that suit is going to physically dominate Thor?

Well of course!! Iron Man in that suit gave World War Hulk a half-way decent fight, and we all know that HALF of World War Hulk's strength was stronger than Sun-Dipped Superman, Warrior's Madness Thor with Belt Of Strength, Wonder Woman tapping the Godwave, Captain Marvel Zeus-Amping, and a REALLY HAPPY Sentry and Gladiator combined, so anybody who can last 3 seconds against World War Hulk would make Thor his b!tch.

eek! Shame on you for not realizing this!!

Newjak
Originally posted by Delta1938
Well of course!! Iron Man in that suit gave World War Hulk a half-way decent fight, and we all know that HALF of World War Hulk's strength was stronger than Sun-Dipped Superman, Warrior's Madness Thor with Belt Of Strength, Wonder Woman tapping the Godwave, Captain Marvel Zeus-Amping, and a REALLY HAPPY Sentry and Gladiator combined, so anybody who can last 3 seconds against World War Hulk would make Thor his b!tch.

eek! Shame on you for not realizing this!! Oh yeah how could I forget that stick out tongue

Delta1938
Oh yeah how could I forget that stick out tongue

big grin Glad you came to your senses!! wink

JakeTheBank
Thor.

jalek moye
I disagree. WWH was hitting him with more than just lightning strike hammer shots, punches were wrecking cities and mountains for miles. If Thor is winning this, it isn't going to be by physical confrontation and I can't see him winning. One adamantium strike punch to the head from a suit that was clearly high class 100 should end this fight.

Thing was in that grapple like many other Hulk wasn't caring as much about what he got hit with. all throughout WWhulk he got hit by everyone and everything because it didn't matter he could take it and it would piss him off. Thor would be less likely to get in that grapple since he'd be hammer Stark away from him with every hit. I don't see Stark stabbing him in the face so easily like he did Hulk

The Pict
Thor ftw.

Come on, now.

The dart he used was a dud (Hardball from The Initiative switched it out because he was blackmailed by Hydra)

Originally posted by Blair Wind

EDIT: Just noticed you said the same. If only they'd worked. We could have been spared the whole WWH nonsense.

-Pr-
Originally posted by The Pict
Thor ftw.

The dart he used was a dud (Hardball from The Initiative switched it out because he was blackmailed by Hydra)

EDIT: Just noticed you said the same. If only they'd worked. We could have been spared the whole WWH nonsense.

no expression

The Pict
no expression

confused

-Pr-
confused

I KNOW why the darts didn't work.

My entire point was that without them (assuming they were functional), Iron Man wasn't going to beat Hulk.

If that makes sense.

DARTH POWER
His WWH Busting armour probably allows him to take hits from big hitters. And most likely, do some damage hitting them as well.

But the fact is he would still need serious weakness exploitation to take out a High Herald.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Delta1938

eek! Shame on you for not realizing this!!
hysterical

DARTH POWER

My entire point was that without them (assuming they were functional), Iron Man wasn't going to beat Hulk.

If that makes sense.

Yep.

JakeTheBank
It's threads like this that makes me go "ugh".

The Pict

If that makes sense.

Ah. I just thought you were saying Hulk, I dunno, burned through the nanites or whatever.

-Pr-
Ah. I just thought you were saying Hulk, I dunno, burned through the nanites or whatever.

Jesus no, you crazy?

The Pict
Jesus no, you crazy?

It would hardly have been the craziest thing in the WWH comics.

-Pr-
It would hardly have been the craziest thing in the WWH comics.

I was talking more about some of the people on this forum and how they'd react, rather than how it might appear in a Hulk comic, given the low standard of the last year or two.

dmills

Come on, now.

The darts didn't work because they were sabotaged prior to that fight iirc. They were never a factor.

Edit: oops

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/thdidntwhat.gif

Damborgson
Thor. He's got more than enough going for him to let him beat ironman. He's not exaxtly against cutting loose when tony pisses him off.

PillarofOsiris
Originally posted by cdtm
Stark gets his World War Hulk busting armor.

Thor is limited to fighting under CIS/PIS rules (Basically like how he normally fights Hulk or Herc.)

Who wins?

Are you on crack? Do you seriously think Iron man could win this?

Odekahn
Thor takes this. Personally, I don't see the armor being a match for Thor.

Damborgson
Originally posted by Odekahn
Thor takes this. Personally, I don't see the armor being a match for Thor. thumb up

Newjak
Thor

-Pr-
Originally posted by dmills
The darts didn't work because they were sabotaged prior to that fight iirc. They were never a factor.

Edit: oops

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc513/dmills31/thdidntwhat.gif

uhuh

Fifthchild
I dont think people are giving Starks armour enough credit. It actually did pretty well, completely dominating the fight for the first minute or so. Sure it got taken apart in the end but only after Hulk took it up a notch from his "WWH base level". The armour looked a fair bit better than Herc did for instance who only managed to knock Hulk over with his best shot whereas the armour belted Hulk around New York.

Underneath it all is Extremis Stark who might have a decent speed edge and if Tony can rocket a huge adamantium spike into the back of Thors head like he did to Hulk then its all over.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Fifthchild
I dont think people are giving Starks armour enough credit. It actually did pretty well, completely dominating the fight for the first minute or so. Sure it got taken apart in the end but only after Hulk took it up a notch from his "WWH base level".

Key point underlined. Thor wins.

Fifthchild
Key point underlined. Thor wins.

I'm not sure what you are saying here. Without getting into a big side discussion about WWH vs Thor, I think Hulk becoming even angrier and stronger than his base WWH levels (when he has the flashback to Caeiras death) would not be something that Thor could casually match in straight melee combat i.e. i dont think thats a point in Thor's favour here. But perhaps you meant something other than how i am reading you.

Galan007
Originally posted by Fifthchild
I dont think people are giving Starks armour enough credit. It actually did pretty well, completely dominating the fight for the first minute or so. Sure it got taken apart in the end but only after Hulk took it up a notch from his "WWH base level". The armour looked a fair bit better than Herc did for instance who only managed to knock Hulk over with his best shot whereas the armour belted Hulk around New York.

Underneath it all is Extremis Stark who might have a decent speed edge and if Tony can rocket a huge adamantium spike into the back of Thors head like he did to Hulk then its all over. I agree. The only person/people (imo) that did better than Tony against WWH were Sentry and the Gamma Corps (the Gamma Corps pretty much BEAT Hulk.) But Hercules, Ghost Rider, Juggernaut, the X-Men, etc.--none of them did as good as Tony.

I'm not necessarily saying Tony would beat Thor, but Thor WOULD have to work hard to get the win, imo. Very hard.

VanMae
The adamantium spike in the brain would kill Thor.

Newjak
Originally posted by Galan007
I agree. The only person/people (imo) that did better than Tony against WWH were Sentry and the Gamma Corps (the Gamma Corps pretty much BEAT Hulk.) But Hercules, Ghost Rider, Juggernaut, the X-Men, etc.--none of them did as good as Tony.

I'm not necessarily saying Tony would beat Thor, but Thor WOULD have to work hard to get the win, imo. Very hard. I would say Juggernaut did better than Tony considering WWH couldn't actually straight up beat him like he did Tony he had to resort to BFRing him.

Galan007
I would say Juggernaut did better than Tony considering WWH couldn't actually straight up beat him like he did Tony he had to resort to BFRing him. Their h2h battle is all I'm talking about. Juggernaut didn't do much of anything to Hulk.

Newjak
Originally posted by Galan007
Their h2h battle is all I'm talking about. Juggernaut didn't do much of anything to Hulk. Ok fair enough

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.