Johnny Sorrow & Despero Vs Lord Mar-Vell & King Hyperion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/31566/734675-sorrow_despero_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/57606/1340963-who_large.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/27967/801479-home_large.jpg

Estacado
Team 1.
Sorrows gaze ftw.

Endless Mike
Mar-Vell might be immune to it due to having Death not apply to him

Estacado
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Mar-Vell might be immune to it due to having Death not apply to him
It will paralyze him though.
It even paralyzed Shazam.

AsbestosFlaygon
JS is broken without PIS/CIS.

Galan007
Originally posted by Estacado
It even paralyzed Shazam. This.

Even if the gaze didn't kill Marv, it'd have SOME kind of negative effect.

The Pict
Originally posted by Estacado
It even paralyzed Shazam.

thumb up

Which was f'ing impressive.

Team 1

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Galan007
This.

Even if the gaze didn't kill Marv, it'd have SOME kind of negative effect.

Yeah, that's how I feel.

Existere
I don't really see why, with the vast power array at Team 2's disposal, they'd have to suffer a gaze attack.

The moment that Johnny materializes, gets ready to remove his mask, Mar-Vell should just destroy him.

I don't really know how Team 2 fares against a telepath of Despero's might, but they shouldn't lose because of Johnny.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Existere
I don't really see why, with the vast power array at Team 2's disposal, they'd have to suffer a gaze attack.

The moment that Johnny materializes, gets ready to remove his mask, Mar-Vell should just destroy him.

I don't really know how Team 2 fares against a telepath of Despero's might, but they shouldn't lose because of Johnny. Marvell had some form of TP, he broke Novas worlmind mental defences(not sure it works due to it being non human)

Estacado
Originally posted by Existere

I don't really know how Team 2 fares against a telepath of Despero's might, but they shouldn't lose because of Johnny.
Still V&V Despero could take on Mar-Vell phisically imo.

Digi
I re-read V&V recently. Despero wasn't as impressive as I remembered.

Estacado
Originally posted by Digi
I re-read V&V recently. Despero wasn't as impressive as I remembered.
Then read it again.estahuh

Galan007
V&V Despero owned Captain Marvel and Superman at the same time. That's impressive.

Digi
It is, no doubt. It's just...he didn't do a ton before they banded together and Rock of Eternity'd him. The team-crushing super badass you see on KMC doesn't really match with "well, a few heralds being smart can probably muster the oomph to beat him."

Galan007
^ You're right, he didn't do much until the end of the issue. Aside from lifting the RoE, he did own Superman, Captain Marvel, Dianna, Power Girl, Hourman, and Plastic Man collectively, though... Which still is purtty impressive, imo.

At any rate, I think Johnny is the main reason team 1 wins. If his gaze alone wasn't enough, surely his energy manipulation skills would be sufficient to negate anything Marv threw his way. IIRC he owned Alan+Kyle+Firestorm+Fate+Zatanna(etc.) by manipulating their energies, right?

Estacado
Originally posted by Galan007
V&V Despero owned Captain Marvel and Superman at the same time. That's impressive.
Digi dressed as The Doctor is more impressive.:P

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.