Dr. Doom vs Thanos vs Apocalypse vs Darkseid in Dialogue Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
These 4 egomanical villains all love the sound of their own voices...hence their long-winded monologues...who has the best overall dialogue?

JakeTheBank
Doom.

Mindset
I don't remember anyone having as good monologues as Doom, maybe DS has some that, while infinitely less impressive, are closer than the rest.

Tony Stark
Doom

Blight
I actually like Captain Cold's monologues.

Badabing
nutnut

Stoic
Thanos

SuperiorTech
Doom

TheLordofMurder
Thanos loses; Doom wins...

Let the heavens rejoice!

Happy Dance

abhilegend

Odekahn
Some of my favorites:

Apoc!

"I am the rock of the eternal shore, crash against me and be destroyed."

Speaking to a human: "I am no mutant. I am as far beyond them as they are beyond you."

Ok, so maybe that's from the 90s cartoon, but still epic.

Darkseid: "You and all you hold dear shall be ground to dust. Your hero cannot save you."

"If I had known the death of one human would hurt you so, Kal-El, I would have killed more!"

JakeTheBank
"My methods are a means to an end, no different than pruning weeds in order to let an orchid flourish. Those who stand in the way of my vision oppose me because they fear me, but more than that they fear what I represent. Change. Do you know what I despise Richards? And T'Challa? Because never one have they reined in their own self-righteous arrogance long enough to try and see what I see. Never once have they asked me: why? Do you want to know? Love. Measure my crimes against what mankind does to itself, and I am a saint. ... I have looked into the future, I have seen how one violent action after another spins the world toward a future where all that remains of Earth is a burned out cinder. Every time I have looked into the future, that is what I have seen. Every time but one. In one possible future mankind becomes united. Cures for all diseases are found. Global conflict ends. Hunger is abolished. Education is universal. And no one goes without. In that world, there are laws. To break even the slightest of these is to suffer immediate and terminal punishment. ... Ten thousand futures have I looked at. A hundred thousand. And in only one does mankind finally unite, and flourish...and survive. Only one. Doomworld."

"Is it true what I've heard, Benjamin? That when Johnny Storm died -- valiantly facing an endless army... Is it true that you -- surrounded by crying children -- weeping at the inevitable death of your close comrade and friend... Is it true? Is it true that you just...watched? How very brave."

"I am an infinitely superior being now, Richards. All questions of rivalry with you are settled. Infinite pain is a welcome price to pay."

"Because...I am Doom. Destroyer of worlds ...What gods dare stand against me?"

Dr. Doom's speeches and lines of dialogue are the stuff of comic legend.

biensalsa
I am DOOM!

ares834
Those are some damn good monologues.

Anyway, it's a toss up between Doom and DS IMO.

Mistress-Death
Thanos doesn't do that many monologues but when he does they are they best as he can back then up.

Animated Apoc had some good ones, as did DS.

Doom just sounds like a hammy cartoon villain all the time

Mindset
Originally posted by Mistress-Death
Thanos doesn't do that many monologues but when he does they are they best as he can back then up.

Doom just sounds like a hammy cartoon villain all the time Jake just showed you don't know what you're talking about.

Juntai
Joker wins.

Juntai
"In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people. Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed and blew it out." - Joker.

Juntai
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/80236/1473611-000_super.jpg

JakeTheBank
Animated Doom from the 90s Fantastic Four series:

"Let mankind beware for Dr. Doom has attained powers without limit, and this time, there will be no failure, no defeat. I can breathe life into stone, or raise the very ocean floor. Hear me, nations of the world: my power is without limit. I can turn day into blackest night, summer to winter, but I am, above all, a reasonable man. Thus I have granted your leaders one week to surrender to the rule of Doom...or suffer total annihilation." - Dr. Doom after obtaining the Power Cosmic from the Silver Surfer.

-

"Bereft of their interference, I'm free to bring much needed peace and order to a world gone mad."

-

"Well done, my dearest subject. You have earned the greatest reward of all: the gratitude of your sovereign. Imagine...I now possess the power to end hunger, to abolish disease, to eliminate crime, to establish a perfectly content, perfectly ordered world...all under the benevolence of my iron will." - Dr. Doom after siphoning the Power Cosmic.

-

"War crime activity, indeed. Simply a friendly unification of neighborly resources. The nation of Boltek was floundering under its corrupt regime. And as for their abundant national treasures? Well, they're simply safer in my vault. Now, city of Washington DC, Earth's great guardian, who will protect you as Phase 1 of your penance begins? I am Doctor Victor von Doom, and for your inept interference in my affairs, you are now my prisoners of war!" - Dr. Doom as he raises a giant barrier across the city of Washington DC.

-

Doom: "As future Emperor of the world, I now require a castle fitting my station."

Silver Surfer: "Doom! Most evil of all who dwell upon this Earth! You shall pay for your colossal conceit! Power such as that which you have stolen from me is too vast, too universal. If it is misused, it can destroy a galaxy."

Doom: "Your unselfish concern touches me deeply, you unearthly clod. *kicks powerless Surfer across the face* You, who have refused to appropriately wield your cosmic powers. I, on the other hand, shall use them to enslave an entire planet, and after that, perhaps the universe as well."

-

Thing: "Doom! Hey, that's the Surfer's ride yer on!"

Doom: "Quite true, you insufferable blot on the escutcheon of humanity. And as possessor of his cosmic powers, I am now veritably undefeatable."

-

Human Torch: "I'd rather die fighting!"

Doom: "Die? Who said anything about dying? Doom is no common murderer. Besides, I would never dream of letting my dearest enemies off that easily."

Human Torch: "But then why did you-"

Doom: "Attack? Call it a lesson in humility, my fiery friend. No, for the Fantastic Four, I have devised a much more fitting revenge. You...the legendary bravest of the brave, shall live out the rest of your days in abject fear, watching helplessly as I bend the world to my will, knowing you are utterly powerless to stop me, that you are no longer important enough for me to destroy. 'Till we meet again...on Doomsday."

Human Torch: "Hey...you did your best, Reed."

Doom: "Yes, Richards....your pitiful "best" wasn't quite good enough. Now my victory is doubly sweet, for even your overrated intellect couldn't vanquish me."

Mr. Fantastic: "No? Are you so certain my flying wing won't be back to defeat you?"

Doom: "Defeat my cosmic power? It is the fabric of creation, ultimate power! The stuff of gods! As a final courtesy, Richards, I shall allow you to watch as I first obliterate your puny toy, and then, ultimately, yourself."

Juntai

Juntai
There's some awesome ones from Lex in Lex Luthor Man of Steel as well.

abhilegend
Darkseid

''I like you Glorious Godfrey! You're a shallow, precious child--the Revelationist--happy with the sweeping sound of words! But I am the Revelation! The Tiger-Force at the core of things! When you cry out in your dreams--it is Darkseid that you see!''

"Oh, how heroes love to flaunt their nobility in the face of death! Yet they know better than most that war is but the cold game of the butcher!"

"And that's when Mister Miracle learns...there are gods, there are Gods...and then there is DARKSEID."

Pitiful, transient beings. Their hour upon the stage is so indelibly brief. They would sooner have evolved to something of value. A prouder form... one of loftier ideals. And one without such petty concerns. The universe needs something closer to its kind. For Man is too cynical. It's not a time for Gods.

Your conception of good and evil are insignificant, Querl Dox. In fact, your minuscule awareness of this is so obtuse and vain that to even consider yourself sentient -- would be a monumental disservice to those who are.

Darkseid: See what I have made! Imagine what is yet to come! I take away their confusion and give them obedience. I take away their fear of themselves and give them fear of Darkseid. I have liberated them from the chaos and indecision! I have given one straight path! One clear purpose! One goal: To die for Darkseid!

Endless Mike
Thanos quotes, since no one has posted them yet:

"I now hold omnipotence. What should I do with such almighty power? The answer to that is actually quite simple: Anything I want.
Anything. I am incapable of error. Any result that displeases me I can simply reverse. There is nothing I need to worry on, for I am Thanos. And Thanos is supreme. Supreme."

"Am I not Thanos?! Did I not butcher the woman who gave me birth, who force-fed me into this hell called life?!
Is not the wake of my passing crimson with the blood of my enemies and allies alike?!
Death is with me every second of the day! My every moment is spent in either dealing out death or worshipping it! So tell me, who under the stars is better suited than I to be Death's consort?"

"Adam Warlock, a being who wished nothing more than to spend the rest of his days within the peaceful environment of the Soul Gem. He now possesses the Infinite Power and the responsibility that goes with it. While I, whose entire life was dedicated to the pursuit of power, now find myself scraping out a living from the soil. Irony worthy of the drama.
Yet strangely enough though, I envy not Adam Warlock.
Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."

"Even devils should beware when bargaining with Thanos of Titan"

Odekahn
Originally posted by Juntai
Joker wins.

Ok. ^This.

"And he didn't die all at once. It was hours before the screaming stopped. I almost didn't get to sleep that night. That was the last time I'd used crushed glass..."

"Ladies and Gentlemen, Hobos and Tramps, Cross-eyed mosquitoes and bowlegged ants. I come before you, to stand behind you, to tell you a story I know nothing about. One bright morning in the middle of the night two dead fellows stood up to fight. They stood back to back, facing each other, drew their swords and shot one another. If you don't believe my lie, it's true, ask the blind lady on the corner, she saw it too."

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Thanos quotes, since no one has posted them yet:

"I now hold omnipotence. What should I do with such almighty power? The answer to that is actually quite simple: Anything I want.
Anything. I am incapable of error. Any result that displeases me I can simply reverse. There is nothing I need to worry on, for I am Thanos. And Thanos is supreme. Supreme."

"Am I not Thanos?! Did I not butcher the woman who gave me birth, who force-fed me into this hell called life?!
Is not the wake of my passing crimson with the blood of my enemies and allies alike?!
Death is with me every second of the day! My every moment is spent in either dealing out death or worshipping it! So tell me, who under the stars is better suited than I to be Death's consort?"

"Adam Warlock, a being who wished nothing more than to spend the rest of his days within the peaceful environment of the Soul Gem. He now possesses the Infinite Power and the responsibility that goes with it. While I, whose entire life was dedicated to the pursuit of power, now find myself scraping out a living from the soil. Irony worthy of the drama.
Yet strangely enough though, I envy not Adam Warlock.
Somehow I feel, that in the long run, Thanos of Titan came out ahead in this particular deal."

"Even devils should beware when bargaining with Thanos of Titan" thumb up I especially like the line-- you address omnipotence; tread carefully. Thanos by a country mile.

Badabing
Originally posted by Mistress-Death

Doom just sounds like a hammy cartoon villain all the time Banned for socking...I guess admitting you have alternate accounts on threads and in PMs = proof. 131

Blight
Originally posted by Badabing
Banned for socking...I guess admitting you have alternate accounts on threads and in PMs = proof. 131 Hahaha! one eye

Bouboumaster
http://img455.imageshack.us/img455/9885/tyrant3536qg3.jpg

Nihilist
Thanos had good monologues in Infinity Gauntlet

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Juntai
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/80236/1473611-000_super.jpg all i see is batman NOT punching him into the harbor

Bouboumaster
"Thanos does not torture, little man. Thanos KILLS!"

Bouboumaster
Thanos rejecting a booty job call from feath itself. Because in his dialogues, he's also very badass, and a major pimp

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t173/EndlessMike9/Thanos/thanosrejectsdeath.jpg

ares834

These two are pretty good, but the rest of Thanos's speeches are pretty subpar IMO.

Blight
Originally posted by ares834
These two are pretty good, but the rest of Thanos's speeches are pretty subpar IMO. I agree. They always felt Cliche to me. Doom, too.

Frankly I'm not really into the Universal Villain dialogue's.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Blight
I agree. They always felt Cliche to me. Doom, too.

Frankly I'm not really into the Universal Villain dialogue's.
thumb up
Only darkseid seems to pull it off. But he had grant morrison as a writer.

Prep-Man
Darkseid, then Doom.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
These two are pretty good, but the rest of Thanos's speeches are pretty subpar IMO. laughing out loud I for one think most of Darkseid's dialogue is terrible.

abhilegend
Originally posted by quanchi112
laughing out loud I for one think most of Darkseid's dialogue is terrible.
Of course you do quan.roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Originally posted by abhilegend
Of course you do quan.roll eyes (sarcastic) I mean all for Darkseid...all live for, yada, yada, yada. So typical. Thanos is still what Darkseid wants to be when he grows up.

abhilegend
I mean all for Darkseid...all live for, yada, yada, yada. So typical. Thanos is still what Darkseid wants to be when he grows up.
Only you would think so. A clone is never going to surpass the original.

quanchi112
Only you would think so. A clone is never going to surpass the original. He isn't a clone. Look at the go-bots and the transformers. The transformers blew the go bots out of the water. Go bots preceded them. Same situation here. many dc fans feel darkseid isn't handled properly and can dream he'd have the legacy of Thanos of Titan. I mean Jobberseid. Come on. That alone speaks volumes of his colossal blunders. He fell down steps.

abhilegend
He isn't a clone. Look at the go-bots and the transformers. The transformers blew the go bots out of the water. Go bots preceded them. Same situation here. many dc fans feel darkseid isn't handled properly and can dream he'd have the legacy of Thanos of Titan. I mean Jobberseid. Come on. That alone speaks volumes of his colossal blunders. He fell down steps.
Even Starlin has accepted that thanos was first inspired by metron and then by darkseid. Thanos slipped in grass and got bitchslapped by Ka-zar. I wouldn't call that a legacy.

quanchi112
Even Starlin has accepted that thanos was first inspired by metron and then by darkseid. Thanos slipped in grass and got bitchslapped by Ka-zar. I wouldn't call that a legacy. That's not canon for Thanos the stairs was. Marvel retconned that. If you want to stick with nu Darkseid well he just seemed like a mindless brute in the jla arc.

abhilegend
That's not canon for Thanos the stairs was. Marvel retconned that. If you want to stick with nu Darkseid well he just seemed like a mindless brute in the jla arc.
Who's talking about what's canon or not here? FC retconned every appearance of darkseid and even then you use them against him

quanchi112
Who's talking about what's canon or not here? FC retconned every appearance of darkseid and even then you use them against him That was still Darkseid. It wasn't Desaad and fc made what he's capable of in combat vague at best.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Doom.

Prep-Man
Only you would think so. A clone is never going to surpass the original.

thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
thumb up So you think Go Bots is better than the Transformers. Pshhhaw.

abhilegend
That was still Darkseid. It wasn't Desaad and fc made what he's capable of in combat vague at best.
I'm not talking about vs forums. Thanos is good and all but darkseid was created by "The King" himself.

JakeTheBank
I'm not talking about vs forums. Thanos is good and all but darkseid was created by "The King" himself.

And "The King" made the greatest villain of all time alongside "The Man" before that.

cool

abhilegend
And "The King" made the greatest villain of all time alongside "The Man" before that.

cool
Oh yes, I agree. Magneto is teh greatest.
stick out tongue

JakeTheBank
stick out tongue

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/84709/2130189-doomvsmagneto01svtu14.jpg

http://www.starless.dk/forum/images/smilies/troll.gif

abhilegend
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/84709/2130189-doomvsmagneto01svtu14.jpg

http://www.starless.dk/forum/images/smilies/troll.gif
laughing out loud

JakeTheBank
Doom makes Magneto kill himself ftw.

Prep-Man
stick out tongue

I've always preferred Magneto to Doom.

TheLordofMurder
He isn't a clone. Look at the go-bots and the transformers. The transformers blew the go bots out of the water. Go bots preceded them. Same situation here. many dc fans feel darkseid isn't handled properly and can dream he'd have the legacy of Thanos of Titan. I mean Jobberseid. Come on. That alone speaks volumes of his colossal blunders. He fell down steps.

In all honesty Thanos would suffer the same fate as Darkseid if it was he going up against Superman...

For a long, long, time it didnt matter who Supes faced...that opponent would job out of DC based neccessity to Superman atleast once...even COIE Anti-Monitor (who really should have been able to sneeze Supes away; even weakened) jobbed to Superman.

Endless Mike
Superman only beat him after he had used up the vast majority of his power fighting the Spectre, been damaged by a bunch of other heroes, and blasted by Darkseid's OE

TheLordofMurder
Superman only beat him after he had used up the vast majority of his power fighting the Spectre, been damaged by a bunch of other heroes, and blasted by Darkseid's OE

Still should have been able to own Supers...

Endless Mike
Keep in mind this was the same version of Superman who almost flew to the end of the multiverse and had to be stopped by the Spectre

TheLordofMurder
Keep in mind this was the same version of Superman who almost flew to the end of the multiverse and had to be stopped by the Spectre

Thats true; god I hated Superman back then...

He was casually written at any power level they wanted him at on the whim by the writters in that era...

Just reinforces my stance that Thanos would have been jobbed out and beaten up by Superman at some point...

quanchi112
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
In all honesty Thanos would suffer the same fate as Darkseid if it was he going up against Superman...

For a long, long, time it didnt matter who Supes faced...that opponent would job out of DC based neccessity to Superman atleast once...even COIE Anti-Monitor (who really should have been able to sneeze Supes away; even weakened) jobbed to Superman. Thanos is a marvel character while Superman is a dc one. Dc can do whatever they want within their own properties. Thanos isn't being absorbed into the dcu. Your logic is appalling.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos is a marvel character while Superman is a dc one. Dc can do whatever they want within their own properties. Thanos isn't being absorbed into the dcu. Your logic is appalling.

Your logic and reasoning ability is crappy; its a given that they are different companies...

My stance is that Thanos would have suffered the same fate as Darkseid IF it was he facing Superman in DC comics instead of Darkseid; Thanos would have been beaten to the ground by the Man of Steel and been made to call him master...atleast once at some point.

quanchi112
Your logic and reasoning ability is crappy; its a given that they are different companies...

My stance is that Thanos would have suffered the same fate as Darkseid IF it was he facing Superman in DC comics instead of Darkseid; Thanos would have been beaten to the ground by the Man of Steel and been made to call him master...atleast once at some point. That's horrible logic since Thanos isn't from dc. Thanos drums heroes in marvel if Superman were a marvel hero he'd get his shit pushed in. It works both ways.

What's your excuse about Doomsday destroying Darkseid in battle ?

TheLordofMurder
That's horrible logic since Thanos isn't from dc. Thanos drums heroes in marvel if Superman were a marvel hero he'd get his shit pushed in. It works both ways.

What's your excuse about Doomsday destroying Darkseid in battle ?

Retconned...

Just like how Thanos's defeat at the hands of Thor was Retconned...

quanchi112
Retconned...

Just like how Thanos's defeat at the hands of Thor was Retconned... That was still Darkseid but that was just a Thanos clone. Laughing. The real darkseid was shown up by Batman.

TheLordofMurder
That was still Darkseid but that was just a Thanos clone. Laughing. The real darkseid was shown up by Batman.

It was really Thanos, but it was retconned to be a clone...laughing...Thanos was shown up by the NYPD and SG.

smile

Endless Mike
It was really Thanos, but it was retconned to be a clone...laughing...Thanos was shown up by the NYPD and SG.

smile

I hope you realize that she would merk Darkseid just as easily cool

TheLordofMurder
I hope you realize that she would merk Darkseid just as easily cool

True dat; how would Darkseid match up with these guys?

Endless Mike
Those cops were SG's trainees

TheLordofMurder
Those cops were SG's trainees

Ah...thats explains their aura of hate, evil, and ruthless power they radiate at all times!

wink

Endless Mike
Yep. She also trained that snake that choked the Hulk that one time, and the stairs that Darkseid tripped over

dynamix

niiiiiiice!

quanchi112

smile Cops isn't canon and marvel doesn't recognize the Sg affair. Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
True dat; how would Darkseid match up with these guys? Darkseid was beaten down by street punks. Cops>>>street punks. Anything you can do I can do better.

Endless Mike
They should make another GLI special where it confirms that SG beat the real Thanos and that it's canon

quanchi112
They should make another GLI special where it confirms that SG beat the real Thanos and that it's canon Marvel would never do anything so foolish.I think they should do a follow up and state the clone fooled the writer. shifty

Mindset
Originally posted by Prep-Man
I've always preferred Magneto to Doom. You have low testosterone.

TheLordofMurder
Anything you can do I can do better.

Is that so....?

TheLordofMurder
Looks like Darkseid owns Thanos afterall...

Happy Dance

quanchi112
Is that so....? That's proof Thanos can tank his omega effect. I fully agree.

TheLordofMurder
That's proof Thanos can tank his omega effect. I fully agree.

Its proof that Darkseid owns the copycat pretender...

Thanos cant even fight back...he can only scream in agony and pain...Thanos is on the verge of going down to the true AoD...Lord Darkseid!!!

Happy Dance

quanchi112
Its proof that Darkseid owns the copycat pretender...

Thanos cant even fight back...he can only scream in agony and pain...Thanos is on the verge of going down to the true AoD...Lord Darkseid!!!

Happy Dance Thanos didn't go down he owned the omega effect. He's screaming is that the best you can do. Thanks for proving Thanos can tank the omega effect.

TheLordofMurder
Thanos didn't go down he owned the omega effect. He's screaming is that the best you can do. Thanks for proving Thanos can tank the omega effect.

Nope, hes begging Mistress Death to free him from the torment hes enduring at the hands of Lord Darkseid...

Darkseid's superiority is clear in that pic; Darkseid owns Thanos with the OE 10/10...

quanchi112
Nope, hes begging Mistress Death to free him from the torment hes enduring at the hands of Lord Darkseid...

Darkseid's superiority is clear in that pic; Darkseid owns Thanos with the OE 10/10... Tanking the omega effect shows deep down you really support Thanos. The best is you have admitted to lying before just to get to me proving I am inside your head. Thanos wins again.

JakeTheBank
bump

Mindset
Doom.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.