Sentry(wwh) vs Juggernaut(wwh)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Estacado
No bfr.

Newjak
If we're looking at just those portrayals and not anything else they have done, Cain wins imo.

Horrificus
Cain ftw.

biensalsa
Cain

quanchi112
Sentry wins.

h1a8
Without bfr then Juggs wins easily

The Pict
Originally posted by Newjak
If we're looking at just those portrayals and not anything else they have done, Cain wins imo.

thumb up

the ninjak
Sentry was too inexperienced during the WWH saga to do jack squat.

I give this to the Juggs simply out of respect.

BUSTER1
Juggs

Reacting2
Originally posted by h1a8
Without bfr then Juggs wins easily

Eon Blue
Sentry

colossulrage
JUGGS!

KillAll
insert juggernaut in hulks place in the wwh vs sentry fight, except change the end where hulk reverts to banner from running out of engergy. you still have a fresh juggernaut at the end of the fight for the win!!!

carver9
Originally posted by KillAll
insert juggernaut in hulks place in the wwh vs sentry fight, except change the end where hulk reverts to banner from running out of engergy. you still have a fresh juggernaut at the end of the fight for the win!!!

Except he didn't run out of power since a couple of panels later, he turned back to the Hulk.

Juggernaut did nothing to make me even believe he would pose any type of high end threat to Sentry during his WWH fight. Knocking Hulk on the ground is all well and dandy but its nothing proving he was a serious threat to WWH. He got his forward momentum nearly halted by WWH and got slapped on the back and bfred and took some panels to show back up.

In the beginning of every fight, everyone did well against WWH because he allowed it but when he wanted to end the fights that is EXACTLY what happened, he ended the fight. Hell, he LET a Skrull Bolt that had the EXACT same powers as Black Bolt attack him twice...one of the attacks took a chunk out of the moon the size of Rhode Island and after this, Hulk asked for more. The main goal was stopping WWH and everyone failed at doing this, even with their amps and nanites and prep.

The Sentry that fought WWH is by FAR one of the most powerful Sentry shown on panel. He would merk Juggernaut.

Sabro
Originally posted by carver9
Except he didn't run out of power since a couple of panels later, he turned back to the Hulk.

Juggernaut did nothing to make me even believe he would pose any type of high end threat to Sentry during his WWH fight. Knocking Hulk on the ground is all well and dandy but its nothing proving he was a serious threat to WWH. He got his forward momentum nearly halted by WWH and got slapped on the back and bfred and took some panels to show back up.

In the beginning of every fight, everyone did well against WWH because he allowed it but when he wanted to end the fights that is EXACTLY what happened, he ended the fight. Hell, he LET a Skrull Bolt that had the EXACT same powers as Black Bolt attack him twice...one of the attacks took a chunk out of the moon the size of Rhode Island and after this, Hulk asked for more. The main goal was stopping WWH and everyone failed at doing this, even with their amps and nanites and prep.

The Sentry that fought WWH is by FAR one of the most powerful Sentry shown on panel. He would merk Juggernaut.

Yes, he ended the fight.He ran like a champ.

iceman24567
Juggs

Horrificus
Originally posted by Sabro
Yes, he ended the fight.He ran like a champ. Ouch!
Sad but true.

eaebiakuya
Sentry from WWH dont use Super Speed or any other thing than just punch the enemy.

This Sentry loses.

carver9
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Sentry from WWH dont use Super Speed or any other thing than just punch the enemy.

This Sentry loses.

He was using super speed though.

Estacado

Orly?

abhilegend
Originally posted by Estacado
Orly?
Carver is always serious. Liek tottaly.
srsly

Estacado
Originally posted by abhilegend
Carver is always serious. Liek tottaly.
srsly
I know...Ive been around like 7 years....just messing with him...313

Flyattractor
Did Sentry EVER really have a gtood showing in a fight against any of the Big M'ers?
OR was it all just a bad idea that ran for too long?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Wait, Carver are you saying hulk didn't burn out? Even though that is EXACTLY what happened on panel? He ran out of anger juice during that fight and there is no debate about that. Just because he fouhd something ELSE to get even more angry about doesn't mean he didn't run out of his initial anger juice. Hard to argue against on panel evidence carvy.. but you'll try.

I still can't get over you rating Zeus ahead of Hulk BWAHAHAHHAHA

carver9
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Wait, Carver are you saying hulk didn't burn out? Even though that is EXACTLY what happened on panel? He ran out of anger juice during that fight and there is no debate about that. Just because he fouhd something ELSE to get even more angry about doesn't mean he didn't run out of his initial anger juice. Hard to argue against on panel evidence carvy.. but you'll try.

I still can't get over you rating Zeus ahead of Hulk BWAHAHAHHAHA

I guess you don't know what running out of juice means. When you run out of power, there is no such thing as power immediately returning "if it was gone". Think...Hulk became FAR more powerful than he was while fighting Sentry. How can someone lose their power and then become even more powerful moments later? His eyes glowed for a reason after the fight, to let you know that the Hulk was still there.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Carver it's simple... because he found SOMETHING ELSE TO GET EVEN MORE ANGRY ABOUT. I thought when I spelled that out for you the first time you would understand my point. HE CLEARLY ran out of his INITIAL anger juice... then found out some new info that pissed him of even more and turned WBH. I didn't think such a simple story was this hard to understand and needed to be twisted so much

carver9
Carver it's simple... because he found SOMETHING ELSE TO GET EVEN MORE ANGRY ABOUT. I thought when I spelled that out for you the first time you would understand my point. HE CLEARLY ran out of his INITIAL anger juice... then found out some new info that pissed him of even more and turned WBH. I didn't think such a simple story was this hard to understand and needed to be twisted so much

Gotcha...so Hulk can run out of juice and then think of something else and get more powerful than he was before? Make sense.

laughing out loud

How can someone power diminish and then moments later return a hundred folds? If your power is gone then its gone...there is no returning unless your power wasn't truly gone to begin with...especially returning to the point that you become a planetary threat just by taking a tiny footstep.

Common sense.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You're right you're lacking common sense right now. Think about it for a second without your man crush for Hulk.... When Hulk gets pissed he's angry about something or in danger... He stays the hulk until his anger has subsided... no longer in danger... etc etc... This happens in EVERY single Hulk episode... he eventually goes back to Banner. However, if he turns to Banner and Abom shows up RIGHT THEN.. you don't think he'll just turn back to Hulk again? Of course he will and would. This is common sense and how hulk is ALWAYS portrayed. He runs out of anger juice or there is no longer a threat and turns to Banner. The moment he's in danger again or needed or gets made... NEW juice is then pumped through his veins and he instantly has more fuel and is Hulk again. Why you're finding this hard to understand baffles me.

carver9
You're right you're lacking common sense right now. Think about it for a second without your man crush for Hulk.... When Hulk gets pissed he's angry about something or in danger... He stays the hulk until his anger has subsided... no longer in danger... etc etc... This happens in EVERY single Hulk episode... he eventually goes back to Banner. However, if he turns to Banner and Abom shows up RIGHT THEN.. you don't think he'll just turn back to Hulk again? Of course he will and would. This is common sense and how hulk is ALWAYS portrayed. He runs out of anger juice or there is no longer a threat and turns to Banner. The moment he's in danger again or needed or gets made... NEW juice is then pumped through his veins and he instantly has more fuel and is Hulk again. Why you're finding this hard to understand baffles me.

confused That's exactly what I am saying. Everything you've said proves he wasn't out of juice. He reverted when Bob reverted...he transformed back when the situation called for it. If someone said "Thanos ran out of juice, his power is gone", I wouldn't expect Thanos to still be capable of giving maker a fight in these conditions or perform 100+ Times better "if his power is gone". This is what I want you to understand. If Hulk power was GONE, no matter the circumstance, he shouldn't be able to.revert back to Hulk unless that power was still in him.

If Magneto powers is gone, I'm not expecting him to lift a planetary mass of metal if his power is gone.

If Cyclops power is gone, I'm not expecting him to lay a city to waste with an optic blast.

This isn't hard to comprehend. Hulk went from 0 (he really wasn't at 0 but let's just say he was) to planetary + right after his Sentry fight.

So much for power being gone.

Happy Dance

NemeBro
Juggernaut was dominating Hulk in the slugfest so he had to bfr him, and then ran away. Sentry decisively lost the slugfest to Hulk. Juggernaut wins.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Incorrect Carver... we are kinda agreeing but still far apart on ONE POINT. The anger HE DID HAVE FOR THE SENTRY FIGHT RAN OUT. Period end of story. He ran out of the THE ANGER JUICE HE HAD UP TO THAT POINT. Nobody is saying.. he can't just get angry again or doesn't have the ability to get even more pissed. When on earth was that EVER said. What was said, and what was ON PANEL, is that hulk ran out of the anger juice he had up to that point during the sentry fight. THEN and ONLY AFTER HE FOUDN SOMETHING ELSE THAT PISSED HIM OFF EVEN MORE.. Did he change to hulk AGAIN. Very simple concepts.

KingD19
Originally posted by NemeBro
Juggernaut was dominating Hulk in the slugfest so he had to bfr him, and then ran away. Sentry decisively lost the slugfest to Hulk. Juggernaut wins.

Basically this. Hulk even said he didn't have the time to fight Juggernaut, because he knew the fight wouldn't be ending anytime soon and Jugg's was on top.

The Pict

Nope.

It was geared up to be, but in reality he chatted away most the fight, allowing his face to get pounded in. Before collapsing.

'Bit ABC logic, but true none the less.

Nihilist
Juggernaut was dominating Hulk in the slugfest so he had to bfr him, and then ran away. Sentry decisively lost the slugfest to Hulk. Juggernaut wins. Pretty much this.

If Juggs is allowed 7 free punches like Hulk was, its a shit stomp.

PillarofOsiris

I needed a good laugh today. Thanks.

carver9
Originally posted by PillarofOsiris
I needed a good laugh today. Thanks.

All of your post are laughable. H1A8?

Sin I AM
Cain 10/10

Colossus-Big C
Can sentry even tickle him?

Nihilist
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Can sentry even tickle him? Yeah if he takes off his socks and shoes.

the ninjak
WWH threw Juggernaut in a direction that would force him to run for a long distance into that direction.

Early Sentry would've never done that!!!
Early Sentry would have done the same thing he did to WWH!

Which is grab his hands and force push like crazy! Testing his limits for his own purposes.
Because Early Sentry was unsure of himself and needed a challenge at that time to test his limits.

Heck Sentry even thanked WWH after the initial confrontation.

Horrificus
All of your post are laughable. H1A8? Dude, it looks like H1A8 is leaving you holding the bag on this one. sad

Get out while you can!

carver9
Originally posted by Horrificus
Dude, it looks like H1A8 is leaving you holding the bag on this one. sad

Get out while you can!

Lol laughing

juggerman
Juggernaut would serious stomp Sentry and ANYONE ELSE for that matter in a purely physical confrontation with no bfr. Its simple logic. Juggs cannot be harmed physically at all. Period. While someone could be stronger than him they couldnt actually cause him any damage while he one the other hand could even if he was in fact weaker which i dont believe is the case here

KingD19
Juggernaut's strength at Classic Levels always seemed to fluctuate depending on who he fought. As he's never just "not hurt" somebody he was up against. So his strength would more than likely end up matching or overwhelming Sentry as he got more power for the fight.

The Sorrow
Sentry wins eventually imo. Juggernaut can't grab energy like Hulk can and there's no telling much damage he would have taken from Sentry's energy blasts but he isn't marching through it unaffected. He's been hurt by far less.

KingD19
He's been hurt by far less when he was jobbing. But this is basically Classic levels Juggernaut without all the weird powers like walking on air and energy attacks. He takes this.

The Sorrow
Originally posted by KingD19
He's been hurt by far less when he was jobbing. But this is basically Classic levels Juggernaut without all the weird powers like walking on air and energy attacks. He takes this.
So we use the one showing of him tanking the Godblast with his forcefield, something he doesn't even have anymore and essentially ignore his entire history? Makes sense.

Horrificus
Originally posted by The Sorrow
Sentry wins eventually imo. Juggernaut can't grab energy like Hulk can and there's no telling much damage he would have taken from Sentry's energy blasts but he isn't marching through it unaffected. He's been hurt by far less. Yeah. He might take a lot off damage.
And, then that would be it. Um, right?

big grin
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/929/juggernautflayed.jpg

KingD19
^ And that was after D'spayre stole all of his power and used it to kill him.

carver9

Merge Hulk was working Juggernaut and Jugs was on the ground in pain.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/comic%20book%20scans/juggslayout.jpg

Sentry fought a more powerful Hulk and did ok against him in a "prolong fight".

Juggernaut is getting creamed here...by the way, that scan was classic Jugs. Let's not even bring up his battle against War Hulk and if anyone want to sprout out that War Hulk>WWH then let's compare.

War Hulk...

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/hulk457-stopsjuggernaut.jpg

WWH...

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/WWH_Xmen_3_DCP_0027.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/WWH_Xmen_3_DCP_0028.jpg

WWH nearly halts his forward momentum to a complete stop.

Sentry stomps.

carver9
Yeah. He might take a lot off damage.

big grin

One of Juggernauts best showing...Hulk and Sentry has similar fts.

JakeTheBank
Sentry.

NemeBro

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/comic%20book%20scans/juggslayout.jpg

Juggernaut is getting creamed here...by the way, that scan was classic Jugs. Let's not even bring up his battle against War Hulk and if anyone want to sprout out that War Hulk>WWH then let's compare.

War Hulk...

WWH...

Sentry stomps.

Is there any particular reason that my virus protection is blocking your links due to them being malicious sites?

The Sorrow
Yeah. He might take a lot off damage.

big grin
Sentry's power doesn't work the same way D'Spayre's does, Juggernaut can't be killed, at least not permanently that should come as no surprise him still being alive. But the above feat really has nothing to do with whether he can be KO'ed or not. On a side note, iirc D'Spayre didn't attack Juggernaut after the above scan.

Hulk was clearly displaying more power against Sentry than he was against Juggernaut and Sentry stood up to it. Sentry is being downplayed here while two of Juggernauts best feats are being bandied around as the norm. These two feats don't excuse being one-shotted by War Hulk, two shotted by Prof Hulk, BFR'd with ease by Savage Hulk, KO'ed by Onslaught, beaten down by Thor, beat down by an amped Venom etc etc. Juggernaut is tough but he is far from invincible and is even less versatile than Hulk.

juggerman
Ok i think a few things need to be cleared up here.

Number 1 is the fact that Cain Marko has been shown to be a very stupid person and i believe we can all agree on that Which is the major reason he loses. People outsmart him on a regular basis.

Now number 2 without a ringout of some kind Hulk (with the exception of War Hulk) has never cleanly beaten Juggs.

Number 3 Juggers two weaknesses are some kind of mental attack (which the helmet usually protects him from) and some kind of mystical induced attack (which could really be any kind of attack as long as it is derived from mysticism/magic which is a weakness Hulk doesnt have so you cant really compare them against the same enemy sometimes ,ie Onslaught, since he uses attackws that Juggs is weak to but not Hulk. That would be like saying Batman is stronger than Superman cuz he can Beat up Kryptonite Man no problem but Supes has trouble.

Number 4 and please correct me if im wrong but i believe War Hulk was powered up by using some mysticism which is Juggs weakness which means that he didnt have to be technically stronge than Juggs to put a hurting on him. Im not saying he wasnt stronger now (tho i dont believe he was) im just saying he had a huge advantage.

And Number 5 Sentry (and WWH for that matter) have neither advantage over Juggs and with no ringout possible and do not think he could beat Juggs in fisty cuffs since Sentry has been shown to have a limit while Juggers does not.

juggerman
Also i might add that it didnt look as tho Juggs was truly trying to push WWH backwards as much as he was just trying to trade punches at 1st then was trying to either force Hulk to the ground or maybe trying to do the "test of strength" or "mercy" game with WWH maybe to prove he was stronger and was outsmarted as usual when he pushed. If there were no ringout possible i doubt WWH would be able to win since purely physical attacks could never harm The Juggernaut. Unless WWH could get so mad that he developed magic or telepathy he would never win and he would probably run out of steam eventually and revert back to Banner like he did against Sentry. Or maybe He would get so mad that his body could no longer contain it and he blows up or just croaks.

Horrificus
Originally posted by The Sorrow
But the above feat really has nothing to do with whether he can be KO'ed or not. Well, it is important to note that being turned into a blood-soaked skeleton didn't even seem to KO Juggernaut. smile

Newjak
Well, it is important to note that being turned into a blood-soaked skeleton didn't even seem to KO Juggernaut. smile They weren't blood soaked his skeleton was just red because he technically isn't human anymore.

Uriel005

War Hulk...

WWH...

Sentry stomps. Couple things.... 1rst 1 takes place in banners head. 2nd.... almost stops the juggernaut... think about that for a second. Your saying that almost stopping the juggernaut means that he's the weaker of the 2.... If it was bringing him to a stop/pushing him back I'd agree but, almost stop... If anything that makes the Hulk the weaker of the two being that he was unable to stop him.

The Sorrow
Well, it is important to note that being turned into a blood-soaked skeleton didn't even seem to KO Juggernaut. smile
Crimson is his colour. What it shows us is he can't be killed as long as he is connected to the gem but he has and can be KO'ed. Even in the Marvel/DC crossovers he was KO'ed by Wonder Woman and Superman on seperate occasions. Without his FF he isn't beating Sentry as he was displayed in WWH.

juggerman
He cannot be harmed or KO'ed by any purely physical means. Thats basically what his power is aside from being unstoppable and strong. Therefore unless Sentry has some mysticism or some telepathy he would lose

KingD19
I've never seen Juggernaut ko'd except by Onslaught, and that whole story was full of PIS/CIS. Like ripping the gem out of Cain's body, but he'd thrown it into space prior.

Oh, and he was ko'd by Captain Universe, who blindsided him with a TP barrage.

And he was taken down by Nimrod who used a sonic beam frequency to disrupt the signal between his brain and his body.

See a trend here?

If he's been ko'd by physical force though, please let me know.

juggerman
He hasnt been cuz he cannot be

The Sorrow
I've never seen Juggernaut ko'd except by Onslaught, and that whole story was full of PIS/CIS. Like ripping the gem out of Cain's body, but he'd thrown it into space prior.

Oh, and he was ko'd by Captain Universe, who blindsided him with a TP barrage.

And he was taken down by Nimrod who used a sonic beam frequency to disrupt the signal between his brain and his body.

See a trend here?

If he's been ko'd by physical force though, please let me know.
IIRC Onslaught used it's vast powers to will the gem into it's hand. Regardless the Onslaught saga it's canon and it happened, Juggernaut was KO'ed by Onslaughts weakest form.

Glad to see all the times he has been beaten down are ignored thumb up

Please, who is the most powerful people Juggernaut has fought? Hulk? Thor? Both of them were one punch away from KOing him before PIS saved him. His common enemies are the X-Men teams and Spiderman, hardly the big leagues really. How does Juggernaut beat someone with far greater versatility, mobility/speed, power, is arguably just as durable and stronger? Juggernaut is no WWH.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.