Kinect Star Wars (GotY?)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RE: Blaxican
This game is simply so amazing that I felt obligated to share it with you all.

e6-eId8rgyc

XfYZwQ0bOCA

Go ahead. Bask in its greatness.

no expression

laughcrylaughcrylaughcrycrylaugh What the **** is this shit?

ares834
You know what the sad thing is...

This is probably considered canon.

Kazenji
The one with Boba Fett is complete shit..... what a way to ruin a badass bounty hunter.

FinalAnswer
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1wmegSitA1rp78z4o1_500.jpg

ArtificialGlory
efyrzAewjz8

Peach
This game needs to just. Not exist.

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Peach
This game needs to just. Not exist.

Maybe in a better, more just universe.

NemeBro
This is the best game ever created. haermm

Digi
Oh god. I wish I could crystallize my reaction during the first 30 seconds or so of that first video, then send it to my enemies.

In an objective sense, I can enjoy the fact that I rarely get to experience such mind-numbing sorrow and terror simultaneously. In an emotional sense, **** everything about this.

Peach
Not gonna deny the fact that when I see copies of it at work, I feel the overwhelming urge to start throwing things at it.

NemeBro
It has a 59 on Metacritic.

I am actually surprised to find that out.

Nemesis X
What is...WHAT?! This is what we get after Force Unleashed II? Star Wars-themed Dance Central? No. Just no. Give me my Battlefront 3 already.

FinalAnswer
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/278/753/f3c.jpg

Nemesis X
No argument there haermm

Anyways, the dancing's only an extra. You know there's also gonna be lightsaber combat, pod racing, and a mini-game that has you controlling a Rancor right? Yes, the dancing is completely unnecessary but should we judge the game as a whole because of this?

General Kaliero
The saber "combat" looks just as silly as the dancing, and no pod racing will ever be as good as Episode I Racer 13 years ago.

Nephthys
http://animenz.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/there-is-no-god.png?w=640

there is no god

I think I froze up for a good 10 seconds when I started that video. Alot of wierd laughs from me I can tell ya.

Peach
Originally posted by Nemesis X
What is...WHAT?! This is what we get after Force Unleashed II? Star Wars-themed Dance Central? No. Just no. Give me my Battlefront 3 already.

Well, TFU2 was pretty much unadulterated garbage as well.

However, I agree. I want Battlefront 3 already, damnit!

-Pr-
Not gonna deny the fact that when I see copies of it at work, I feel the overwhelming urge to start throwing things at it.

I agree, but then I look at that Star Wars 360, and I don't know how to feel.

Peach
Originally posted by -Pr-
I agree, but then I look at that Star Wars 360, and I don't know how to feel.

Yeah. I actually really like the R2-painted 360, and rather want one myself. But. THAT GAME. NO.

-Pr-
Yeah. I actually really like the R2-painted 360, and rather want one myself. But. THAT GAME. NO.

Yeah, I wouldn't touch the dance sections with a ten foot pole. The Jedi sections might be okay, but bar that...

Phanteros
Dear god.. Just let it die quietly for ****sakes.

NemeBro
Originally posted by General Kaliero
and no pod racing will ever be as good as Episode I Racer 13 years ago. The one for the N64?

If so, OH GOD YES. THAT GAME WAS AMAZING.

Yeah, that game was fantastic.

Didn't they make a sequel for the PS2, that sucked balls?

Ridley_Prime
Eh, it was alright, but there were better racing series/games around at that time IMO. Though yeah, Episode I Racer was the first thing I thought of when I heard this Kinect game had pod racing. mmm

edit: PS2 sequel? Not sure about that.

NemeBro
Shut up Ridley you're a poopface.

Because I'm a badass I still own the N64 pod racer game.

I was thinking of this.

Nemesis X
IbO5S3Fv53Q

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/p537/fernindt/Image_Macros/AJconcerned.png

General Kaliero
Originally posted by NemeBro
Shut up Ridley you're a poopface.

Because I'm a badass I still own the N64 pod racer game.
I still have it too.

Ridley_Prime
I still have it as well I believe, along with all my N64 stuff somewhere. And I wasn't denying Episode I racer being good or anything. >.> Some other racers I just enjoyed more at the time.

Also, Vader and Palpatine? Really?

qXp8T097vjc

Clearly nothing is sacred anymore. haermm

edit: Didn't see at first that it was already posted in the OFT. embarrasment

Nemesis X
While this rip off of Dance Central is bad, I like how we would laugh our asses off if we saw this in a Robot Chicken special but the moment we see it in a videogame, we get angry. Hypocritical much?

Although if you guys are mad at just the music (although even seeing Han Solo doing the trash compactor is making me cringe a bit), that would make a lot more sense. I hate it too. Wonder why they wouldn't just go with this:

qZl8Qfmzi9o

or this

QVjiESZ1614

Instead they make Han Solo look like he's auditioning for Big Time Rush. Game developers, I am disappoint.

Peach
Robot Chicken doesn't ever try and take itself seriously, though...it's parody.

Nephthys
Also Robot Chicken is free entertainment, while they expect us to pay for this shite.

Nemesis X
d-BGYxHbfwU

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Eh, it was alright, but there were better racing series/games around at that time IMO. Though yeah, Episode I Racer was the first thing I thought of when I heard this Kinect game had pod racing. mmm

edit: PS2 sequel? Not sure about that.

thumb up

Game was ok, but compared to this shit its Ocarina of Time.

-Pr-
That's ****ed up.

dadudemon
Game looks fun.

I think I mentioned this but this game has convinced me to buy a kinect.

You guys are too serious. This is obviously good fun...I think alcohol has to be involved.

-Pr-
Originally posted by dadudemon
Game looks fun.

I think I mentioned this but this game has convinced me to buy a kinect.

You guys are too serious. This is obviously good fun...I think alcohol has to be involved.

There's a difference between being serious, and a game expecting to be paid for with hard-earned cash, by Star Wars fans.

Digi
Originally posted by Nemesis X
While this rip off of Dance Central is bad, I like how we would laugh our asses off if we saw this in a Robot Chicken special but the moment we see it in a videogame, we get angry. Hypocritical much?

Yes, all forms of media are the same, and should be treated identically, regardless of intent or execution. It's not hypocritical, it's recognizing differences in the medium.

Ridley_Prime
Am I the only one not surprised that the dancing was the best part of the game as far as kinect controls and the game recognizing your movements go? The lightsaber combat was the biggest letdown sadly.

Nephthys
It seems to me that dance games are the only thing motion controls can actually do competently.

jinXed by JaNx
're talking about the arcade, now THAT was cool. shit, i'm going to limbo, i said something good about the prequels.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nephthys
It seems to me that dance games are the only thing motion controls can actually do competently.

See how the DBZ game turns out.

dadudemon
There's a difference between being serious, and a game expecting to be paid for with hard-earned cash, by Star Wars fans.

I do not think the hardcore Star Wars fans would buy this game...even a little. It would be people that are familiar with Star Wars and would find this game fun.

I am probably one of the very few hardcore Star Wars fans that will buy this game and likes it.

-Pr-
Originally posted by dadudemon
I do not think the hardcore Star Wars fans would buy this game...even a little. It would be people that are familiar with Star Wars and would find this game fun.

I am probably one of the very few hardcore Star Wars fans that will buy this game and likes it.

Which is the problem for me. You bring out a Star Wars game for a motion control console, promising actual motion controlled lightsaber combat (even if its executed badly), but don't market it directly at the people who've been waiting for a game like this since they had their first lightsaber toy?

I mean yeah, watching the Emperor dance is funny, but why should I buy this over, say, Tiger Woods?

NemeBro
I can't imagine myself paying sixty dollars for this, no.

I am not buttmad because I am not a neckbearded gigantor like some people here, but lolworthy dancing is not enough to make me buy a game.

dadudemon
Which is the problem for me. You bring out a Star Wars game for a motion control console, promising actual motion controlled lightsaber combat (even if its executed badly), but don't market it directly at the people who've been waiting for a game like this since they had their first lightsaber toy?

I mean yeah, watching the Emperor dance is funny, but why should I buy this over, say, Tiger Woods?

You see, I was not even aware of that. I did not know it had any sort of decent lightsaber control.

The only kind of game that would work with lightsaber control is a game that employs a VERY good working version of it.

I have not seen a game like that. This game seems to have added the lightsaber control as an afterthought, not as a mainstay. That may be why it is not really marketed to hardcore Star Wars fans. More like it is marketed to the girlfriends, brothers, or sisters of hardcore Star Wars fans that are more casual gamers.

Originally posted by NemeBro
I am not buttmad because I am not a neckbearded gigantor like some people here, but lolworthy dancing is not enough to make me buy a game.

lol! Lot's of piss and vinegar with this one.

AsbestosFlaygon
I wouldn't buy this game even for $20.

Kazenji
d-BGYxHbfwU

Nemesis X
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/10/kinect-star-wars-tops-uk-charts/

Oh boy....

As soon as I saw the url I just lol'd.

Ridley_Prime
So I guess this will have some sort of sequel that's more of the same kind of fail that Kinect's made out of? Sadly I suppose it's either that or having a Force Unleashed III.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.