Magneto & Ultron versus Martian Manhunter & Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No BFR. Which duo wins?

Stoic
Magneto

Prep-Man
Magneto uses his powers and accidentally shuts down ultron. Team 2 ftw.

-Pr-
Ultron? Really?

Glorificus
Magneto.

Also, which Ultron?

biensalsa
I believe WW shield defense will be very useful vs ultron

but i dont see how they can shut ultron down

Maybe the lasso, mmmm.....

Team 2 but very close IMO

Q99
Does Ultron have a soul? I know Vision and Red Tornado do, but I don't think he does.

If he doesn't, then the lasso is just an unbreakable rope to him.

I'd go with Team 1, he fights the entire Avengers for a reason, and he's got not inconsiderable backup.

Endless Mike
Originally posted by Q99
Does Ultron have a soul? I know Vision and Red Tornado do, but I don't think he does.

This isn't the place for philosophical discussion roll eyes (sarcastic)

Odekahn
Couldn't MM just phase through Ultron's adamantium shell and disconnect some wires or something? If not, then I give it to team 1, but if it ends up being MM and WW vs Mags, then team 2 takes it.

Sin I AM
has vision ever phased thru something as dense as adamantium?

Odekahn
Originally posted by Sin I AM
has vision ever phased thru something as dense as adamantium?

Don't know, but we don't know that their phasing is equal or even comparable. The question isn't if he can phase through it, it's if what's inside Ultron is adamantium and if it can be disconnected or not imo.

carver9
Each member on team 1 is team busters. I'm.giving it to them.

Odekahn
Originally posted by carver9
Each member on team 1 is team busters. I'm.giving it to them.

Not all team busters are equal. You have to look at who the teams are comprised of. An evil Wonder Woman could arguably be a team buster herself, so could Martain Manhunter.

Ultron is the deciding factor here imo. If he can be dealt with quickly by MM then team 2 takes this... but if not then I'm giving this win to team 1 (I like team 1 better anyways lol).

Starscream M
Originally posted by -Pr-
Ultron? Really? whats wrong with ultron?

carver9
Originally posted by Odekahn
Not all team busters are equal. You have to look at who the teams are comprised of. An evil Wonder Woman could arguably be a team buster herself, so could Martain Manhunter.

Ultron is the deciding factor here imo. If he can be dealt with quickly by MM then team 2 takes this... but if not then I'm giving this win to team 1 (I like team 1 better anyways lol).

Did you see the fight between Doctor Poloris vs the JLA? If you didnt, well, during the fight it was discovered that Martian Manhunter blood is FULL of Iron and Doctor Poloris was bleeding him out. Magneto is the worst person he could face...he would literally rip him to shreds. Magneto main attack is attacking your blood flow and that would be a downfall for MM.

Odekahn
Did you see the fight between Doctor Poloris vs the JLA? If you didnt, well, during the fight it was discovered that Martian Manhunter blood is FULL of Iron and Doctor Poloris was bleeding him out. Magneto is the worst person he could face...he would literally rip him to shreds. Magneto main attack is attacking your blood flow and that would be a downfall for MM.

No, I didn't see that. Do you have scans of this?

biensalsa
Wow carver brings a good point, ill change my stance to marvel team

Magneto has the telepatic defense, and the weakness exploit of mmh and ww bracelets (but i dont remember, if magnetism will work conventionally on the m)

On the other hand the dc has superspeed, but ultron can deal with that imo, also magneto has his own shield.

I see marvel team having more defenses and offensive weapons to steal this one

Odekahn
Originally posted by biensalsa
Wow carver brings a good point, ill change my stance to marvel team

Magneto has the telepatic defense, and the weakness exploit of mmh and ww bracelets (but i dont remember, if magnetism will work conventionally on the m)

On the other hand the dc has superspeed, but ultron can deal with that imo, also magneto has his own shield.

I see marvel team having more defenses and offensive weapons to steal this one

Yeah, I think Marvel is going to win this, but I'd still like to see a scan of what carver was talking about.

So what is Mags TP resist? I thought his helmet didn't protect against it, or is he just naturally resistant to it?

Stoic
Couldn't MM just phase through Ultron's adamantium shell and disconnect some wires or something? If not, then I give it to team 1, but if it ends up being MM and WW vs Mags, then team 2 takes it.

If Ultron falls, Magneto becomes more powerful, as he could liquefy Ultron's shell, and turn it into Adamntium armor, which would increase his physical strength to become as strong as the armor itself, this would also mean that he would be able to use his powers to physically lift as much as the adamantium could take, which would be monstrous. This would also mean that he could will the armor to shoots out adamantium spikes. Wonder Woman would also be at his mercy, unless the bracers are incapable of being targeted on the magnetic spectrum, he could literally make Wonder Woman do whatever he pleases.

carver9
Yeah, I think Marvel is going to win this, but I'd still like to see a scan of what carver was talking about.

So what is Mags TP resist? I thought his helmet didn't protect against it, or is he just naturally resistant to it?

He is naturally resistant but his shield makes him completely resistant.

I will get the scan for you buddy...I know I have it saved somewhere.

nwg202
I still think MM is one of the most powerful members of the jla though, but he did get owned here by a similar opponent. just like carver said..I think mm would be able to phase and rip ultron's insides though. Apparently, mags might be able to control a gl's ring as well.

carver9
Yeah, I was going to bring up him controlling Wonder Woman as well but I wasnt sure. Magneto would own in this battle.

Odekahn
LOL that's pretty epic. Ok, I'm firmly giving this to team 1.

Mindset
Originally posted by Sin I AM
has vision ever phased thru something as dense as adamantium? Yes.

Adamantium.

DTM
Id say Ultron can beat WW and MM himself (he regularly owns teams of Avengers, Thor among them), adding Magneto to this only seals the deal for Team 1.

abhilegend
Context carver, context. Polaris was amped by earth's magnetic field and was changing earth's magnetic poles by moving his legs. Magneto isn't that powerfull.

Stoic
Originally posted by abhilegend
Context carver, context. Polaris was amped by earth's magnetic field and was changing earth's magnetic poles by moving his legs. Magneto isn't that powerfull.

Actually, he really is that powerful. Read on if you'd like.

Powers and abilities

Magneto is a mutant with the power to manipulate the Earth's electromagnetic fields to achieve a wide range of effects.

The primary application of his power is control over magnetism and the manipulation of metal - ferrous and nonferrous. He can affect a very large quantity of metal at one time. For example, he has levitated objects as heavy as a 30,000 ton nuclear submarine and has used his power to move large asteroids several times. The maximum amount of mass that he can manipulate at one time is unknown, but his powers extend into the subatomic fields as evidenced during the Secret Wars, when he pulled ambient molecules of metal out of the surrounding atmosphere into a metal comb for Janet Van Dyne, and the dozens of times he has been shown to assembled his costume out of metallic molecules pulled from the surrounding air and environment. He can manipulate a large number of individual metal objects simultaneously and has assembled complex machinery with his powers. He can also affect non-metallic and non-magnetic objects to a lesser extent and frequently levitates himself and others.

Another way in which Magneto frequently uses his power is the projection of force-fields which selectively block out matter and energy. These fields are strong enough to withstand the detonation of multiple thermonuclear weapons; hence Magneto is invulnerable to most harm when surrounded by his shield and can survive in deep space thanks to it.

Magneto can also channel his powers through his own body to increase his strength and durability far beyond human limits and has a baseline reaction time 15 times shorter than that of regular humans.

On occasion he has altered the behavior of gravitational fields around him, which has been suggested as evidence of the existence of a unified field which he can manipulate.

He can also generate electromagnetic pulses of great strength and generate and manipulate electromagnetic energy down to photons. He can turn invisible by warping visible light around his body.

Although Magneto has been shown capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level (insofar as the electromagnetic force is responsible for chemical bonding), the use of his powers in this way seems to be difficult for him, and he has not been frequently depicted as doing so.

He has demonstrated the capacity to produce a wormhole and to safely teleport himself and others via the wormhole. His powers have also demonstrated that he can condense planetary objects into subatomic size.

He is also regularly seen "flying". In Uncanny X-Men #150, his costume is shown to be made of a metal mesh, allowing him to manipulate it into "flying". In the original Secret Wars series it has been explained as Magneto pushing the metallic minerals in the ground away from him, allowing him to fly.

Magneto has been consistently and frequently depicted as able to resist all but the strongest or most unexpected of telepathic attacks. A number of explanations have been proposed for his unusually strong resistance to telepathy, among them: (a) technology wired into his helmet (the explanation given in the X-Men film series and several comic plotlines), (b) some physical aspect of his electromagnetic powers that can interfere with telepathy (he once used the Earth's magnetic field to dampen the powers of all telepaths within his reach), (c) latent telepathic powers of his own or (d) sheer force of will (cf. X-Men Vol. 2 #2). The theme of latent telepathic powers has been explored in a number of stories, among them the Secret Wars limited series. In some of his earliest appearances, Magneto was depicted as capable of engaging in astral projection. He has also, on rare occasions, been shown reading other's dreams, issuing telepathic commands, and probing the minds of others. He has demonstrated the ability to shield his mind, while in intense meditation, so completely that even Emma Frost was not able to read his thoughts, despite being directly in front of him and actively attempting to do so.

In addition to his powers, Magneto has many other skills. He is a genius with competence in various fields of advanced science, especially in genetic manipulation, particle physics, engineering, and other fields of technology. He has engineered advanced weaponry, space stations, superpowered humanoid lifeforms, devices that generate volcanoes and earthquakes, devices that block telepathy, and devices that can nullify all mutant powers except for his own. He has reconstructed computerized devices from memory. He is fluent in many human languages and once single-handedly deciphered the unknown language of a lost civilization. He possesses extraordinary skill in "reading" the microexpressions on others' faces and sensing what they are thinking and feeling, whether they are lying, fearful, etc. a skill which he refers to as "taking your enemy's measure." He also is a master strategist and tactician with extensive combat experience, and has often been successful in single-handed combat against entire groups of superhuman adversaries. He also has some military training in hand-to-hand combat and has been shown to be effective with his fists, but he prefers to use his powers when in combat situations.

abhilegend
Originally posted by Stoic
Actually, he really is that powerful. Read on if you'd like.

Powers and abilities

Magneto is a mutant with the power to manipulate the Earth's electromagnetic fields to achieve a wide range of effects.

The primary application of his power is control over magnetism and the manipulation of metal - ferrous and nonferrous. He can affect a very large quantity of metal at one time. For example, he has levitated objects as heavy as a 30,000 ton nuclear submarine and has used his power to move large asteroids several times. The maximum amount of mass that he can manipulate at one time is unknown, but his powers extend into the subatomic fields as evidenced during the Secret Wars, when he pulled ambient molecules of metal out of the surrounding atmosphere into a metal comb for Janet Van Dyne, and the dozens of times he has been shown to assembled his costume out of metallic molecules pulled from the surrounding air and environment. He can manipulate a large number of individual metal objects simultaneously and has assembled complex machinery with his powers. He can also affect non-metallic and non-magnetic objects to a lesser extent and frequently levitates himself and others.

Another way in which Magneto frequently uses his power is the projection of force-fields which selectively block out matter and energy. These fields are strong enough to withstand the detonation of multiple thermonuclear weapons; hence Magneto is invulnerable to most harm when surrounded by his shield and can survive in deep space thanks to it.

Magneto can also channel his powers through his own body to increase his strength and durability far beyond human limits and has a baseline reaction time 15 times shorter than that of regular humans.

On occasion he has altered the behavior of gravitational fields around him, which has been suggested as evidence of the existence of a unified field which he can manipulate.

He can also generate electromagnetic pulses of great strength and generate and manipulate electromagnetic energy down to photons. He can turn invisible by warping visible light around his body.

Although Magneto has been shown capable of manipulating matter on a subatomic level (insofar as the electromagnetic force is responsible for chemical bonding), the use of his powers in this way seems to be difficult for him, and he has not been frequently depicted as doing so.

He has demonstrated the capacity to produce a wormhole and to safely teleport himself and others via the wormhole. His powers have also demonstrated that he can condense planetary objects into subatomic size.

He is also regularly seen "flying". In Uncanny X-Men #150, his costume is shown to be made of a metal mesh, allowing him to manipulate it into "flying". In the original Secret Wars series it has been explained as Magneto pushing the metallic minerals in the ground away from him, allowing him to fly.

Magneto has been consistently and frequently depicted as able to resist all but the strongest or most unexpected of telepathic attacks. A number of explanations have been proposed for his unusually strong resistance to telepathy, among them: (a) technology wired into his helmet (the explanation given in the X-Men film series and several comic plotlines), (b) some physical aspect of his electromagnetic powers that can interfere with telepathy (he once used the Earth's magnetic field to dampen the powers of all telepaths within his reach), (c) latent telepathic powers of his own or (d) sheer force of will (cf. X-Men Vol. 2 #2). The theme of latent telepathic powers has been explored in a number of stories, among them the Secret Wars limited series. In some of his earliest appearances, Magneto was depicted as capable of engaging in astral projection. He has also, on rare occasions, been shown reading other's dreams, issuing telepathic commands, and probing the minds of others. He has demonstrated the ability to shield his mind, while in intense meditation, so completely that even Emma Frost was not able to read his thoughts, despite being directly in front of him and actively attempting to do so.

In addition to his powers, Magneto has many other skills. He is a genius with competence in various fields of advanced science, especially in genetic manipulation, particle physics, engineering, and other fields of technology. He has engineered advanced weaponry, space stations, superpowered humanoid lifeforms, devices that generate volcanoes and earthquakes, devices that block telepathy, and devices that can nullify all mutant powers except for his own. He has reconstructed computerized devices from memory. He is fluent in many human languages and once single-handedly deciphered the unknown language of a lost civilization. He possesses extraordinary skill in "reading" the microexpressions on others' faces and sensing what they are thinking and feeling, whether they are lying, fearful, etc. a skill which he refers to as "taking your enemy's measure." He also is a master strategist and tactician with extensive combat experience, and has often been successful in single-handed combat against entire groups of superhuman adversaries. He also has some military training in hand-to-hand combat and has been shown to be effective with his fists, but he prefers to use his powers when in combat situations.
I know fully well what magnus is capable of, you don't have to reference wikipedia for it. He isn't powerful enough to change earth's magnetic poles by dancing. In that comic polaris was the south pole of earth.

Odekahn
I do find it weird that he's able to do that to kyle though... I know lanterns have defenses against such an attack. Hal would be better than that... I'd think kyle would know better.

srankmissingnin
He isn't powerful enough to change earth's magnetic poles by dancing. In that comic polaris was the south pole of earth.

Magneto doesn't need to dance to do that. wink

Stoic
I know fully well what magnus is capable of, you don't have to reference wikipedia for it. He isn't powerful enough to change earth's magnetic poles by dancing. In that comic polaris was the south pole of earth.

It says that he can condense planetary objects, this means that he does possess enough power to do what Polaris did to J'onn, and Diana. I'm not arguing who is more powerful between Polaris and Magneto, as this is not really about him. Polaris was used to show that Diana and J'onn would be highly affected by someone of Magneto's power set. Magneto would be to these two as the Silver Surfer would be to the Savage Hulk. He would effectively shut them down.

nwg202
well i think the key here is that we know that mm's blood is richer in iron then a normal human's, so Mag's isn't a great match up for him. w/o the blitz im going with mags over mm.( never thought i'd say that)

He could still blitz him i guess (which is dc's usual advantage)...I normally would think mm would stomp magneto w/o the blood attack.

Odekahn
Oh, And Magneto may be the knockoff version of Dr Polaris, but he's so much friggin' cooler.

srankmissingnin
Oh, And Magneto may be the knockoff version of Dr Polaris, but he's so much friggin' cooler.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1zkhhdEGJ1r3i2fuo1_500.gif

abhilegend
It says that he can condense planetary objects, this means that he does possess enough power to do what Polaris did to J'onn, and Diana. I'm not arguing who is more powerful between Polaris and Magneto, as this is not really about him. Polaris was used to show that Diana and J'onn would be highly affected by someone of Magneto's power set. Magneto would be to these two as the Silver Surfer would be to the Savage Hulk. He would effectively shut them down.
Powerset isn't enough. Preboot Superboy has the same powerset as preboot superman but you wouldn't expect him to do things kal can do. When did eric condense planetery bodies?

Prep-Man
dr. polaris def has some of the higher feats. like blowing holes through dimensions, absorbing all the magnetism in a dimension, and absorbing a controller, who are near equals to Guardians.

abhilegend
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1zkhhdEGJ1r3i2fuo1_500.gif
Well polaris first appeared in June 1963 and magneto in September 1963.

Stoic
Powerset isn't enough. Preboot Superboy has the same powerset as preboot superman but you wouldn't expect him to do things kal can do. When did eric condense planetery bodies?

Not the point. Magneto could stop this fight the minute it began, and unlike Superboy, he actually has several decades worth of feats. The idea that J'onn has more iron in his blood than a normal human speaks volumes, and Wonder Woman's bracers are easily manipulated by characters with Magneto's power set. Ultron would literally be able to sit this one out as Magneto toyed with them both. This is of course if the previous scan is not canon. he does not have to condense planetary mass to stomp here.

abhilegend
Not the point. Magneto could stop this fight the minute it began, and unlike Superboy, he actually has several decades worth of feats. The idea that J'onn has more iron in his blood than a normal human speaks volumes, and Wonder Woman's bracers are easily manipulated by characters with Magneto's power set. Ultron would literally be able to sit this one out as Magneto toyed with them both. This is of course if the previous scan is not canon. he does not have to condense planetary mass to stomp here.
J'onn is a shape-shifter. He can control his body to molecular level and decide what remains in his body or not. That comic is full of stupidity. What is he going to do after controlling the bracelets, she can just remove them like she did against polaris to ko him. This is assuming they are going to stand still and give eric the time to manipulate them.

carver9

Lol...Magneto>>>Poloris, even with the amp.

carver9
J'onn is a shape-shifter. He can control his body to molecular level and decide what remains in his body or not. That comic is full of stupidity. What is he going to do after controlling the bracelets, she can just remove them like she did against polaris to ko him. This is assuming they are going to stand still and give eric the time to manipulate them.

Her taking her bracers off is just making another weapon available on the battlefield for Magneto.

abhilegend
Lol...Magneto>>>Poloris, even with the amp.
Nope.

abhilegend
Her taking her bracers off is just making another weapon available on the battlefield for Magneto.
She can shrink them in her lansherian disc.

carver9
Nope.

Anybody with knowledge of the characters would know this. Without amps, Magneto has taken it to the Avengers, withstood attacks from Galactus, control the very fabric of the planet, guided a state size missles that was light years away with just a thought, build a utopia the size of Rhode Island, created Black Holes, gave Phoenix a stroke while taking on the XMen.

And the list goes on. Magneto is far more powerful than Poloris on a more consistent basis.

carver9
Let's not forget that he has controlled Mjlonir and also manipulated Proteus energy as well.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9 Anybody with knowledge of the characters would know this. Without amps, Magneto has taken it to the Avengers, withstood attacks from Galactus, control the very fabric of the planet, guided a state size missles that was light years away with just a thought, build a utopia the size of Rhode Island, created Black Holes, gave Phoenix a stroke while taking on the XMen. And the list goes on. Magneto is far more powerful than Poloris on a more consistent basis.

polaris doesnt have too many appearances compared to magneto, but when he does his feats are uber.

Endless Mike
You know that attack from Galactus wasn't even an attack, it was an unconscious reflex as a response to a mental probe from Xavier and Magneto. He wasn't even aware of them.

Stoic
What about all of the rest of the metal that is part of her battle gear? Magneto could literally make it so that she does not get the chance to do anything, and the same goes for J'onn, which would set up Ultron for the big take down. Team one certainly has this battle by a large majority, and wouldn't need to try as hard. As for speed blitzing magneto, his shields could take Dian's charge. Stupid or not, J'onn has blood, and it's rich in iron. His chances of beating Magneto are slightly better than Wolverines, but he would be like a meat puppet all the same.

carver9
Originally posted by Prep-Man
polaris doesnt have too many appearances compared to magneto, but when he does his feats are uber.

Not saying he isn't uber but he isn't Magneto. Didn't Magneto forcefully put a Celestial back together recently?

carver9
What about all of the rest of the metal that is part of her battle gear? Magneto could literally make it so that she does not get the chance to do anything, and the same goes for J'onn, which would set up Ultron for the big take down. Team one certainly has this battle by a large majority, and wouldn't need to try as hard. As for speed blitzing magneto, his shields could take Dian's charge. Stupid or not, J'onn has blood, and it's rich in iron. His chances of beating Magneto are slightly better than Wolverines, but he would be like a meat puppet all the same.

She isn't blitzing him. First she has to get past his forcefield, then Magneto has speed fts of his own like pimp slapping Nightcrawler during mid teleportation.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9 Not saying he isn't uber but he isn't Magneto. Didn't Magneto forcefully put a Celestial back together recently?

dr. polaris has done preety much anything magneto in terms of versatility. show me a magneto feat compared to what pre-crisis polaris or post crisis like absorbing a controllers power.

carver9
dr. polaris has done preety much anything magneto in terms of versatility. show me a magneto feat compared to what pre-crisis polaris or post crisis like absorbing a controllers power.

I'm not familiar with Precrisis but Poloris doesn't have Mags ft.

abhilegend
You are severaly overestimating magneto. J'onn can manipulate his molecules and remove iron from his blood altogether. That was shown only once in that comic only IIRC. Polaris also controlled a gl ring in that comic which should not happen. Again transferring feats from one character to another isn't allowed on KMC, no matter how similar. Your comparison of wolverine and j'onn is laughable.

-Pr-

That's:

a) piss poor writing
b) an exception to his usual portrayals, and really isn't valid on the forum.

Like you've been told. More than once.

She isn't blitzing him. First she has to get past his forcefield, then Magneto has speed fts of his own like pimp slapping Nightcrawler during mid teleportation.

wonder woman =/= nightcrawler.

abhilegend
Well diana is faster than superman according to you. Current magneto isn't using shields as much as his classic self.Originally posted by carver9
Anybody with knowledge of the characters would know this. Without amps, Magneto has taken it to the Avengers, withstood attacks from Galactus, control the very fabric of the planet, guided a state size missles that was light years away with just a thought, build a utopia the size of Rhode Island, created Black Holes, gave Phoenix a stroke while taking on the XMen.

And the list goes on. Magneto is far more powerful than Poloris on a more consistent basis.
This post is so without context, I don't have a big enough facepalm for it.

srankmissingnin
You are severaly overestimating magneto. J'onn can manipulate his molecules and remove iron from his blood altogether. That was shown only once in that comic only IIRC. Polaris also controlled a gl ring in that comic which should not happen. Again transferring feats from one character to another isn't allowed on KMC, no matter how similar. Your comparison of wolverine and j'onn is laughable.

Actually control over EM spectrum would theoretically give the person complete control over photons, with pretty much encompasses all forms light / energy / radiation. Polaris should have more power over a GL ring / construct than the GLs themselves.

carver9

My point was to show that MM is full or Iron.

When has MM removed Iron from his blood? Scans.

No one is comparing Jonn and Wolverine...wtf.

You screamed out Poloris high end fts so I screamed back at you. No one said that was Mags consistent portrayal but if you wanted to go on a ft war, I didn't mind.

carver9
Well diana is faster than superman according to you. Current magneto isn't using shields as much as his classic self.
This post is so without context, I don't have a big enough facepalm for it.

I agree, Wonder Woman is fast but I'm not seeing her starting off with a blitz...do you?

What's the context?

Magneto is currently using his shields against Ironman. confused

-Pr-
Actually control over EM spectrum would theoretically give the person complete control over photons, with pretty much encompasses all forms light / energy / radiation. Polaris should have more power over a GL ring / construct than the GLs themselves.

willpower is an active component tough.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9 I'm not familiar with Precrisis but Poloris doesn't have Mags ft.

if youre not familiar with his feats, then dont comment. you do know there is more than one dr. polaris?

carver9
That's:

a) piss poor writing

wonder woman =/= nightcrawler.

What's piss poor writing?

I agree, Wonder Woman doesn't equal nightcrawler but Magneto does have speed of his own.

abhilegend
That's against entire gl mythos where once polaris amped by an entire dimension's magnetic energies couldn't control hal's ring. That issue entire crossover was=shit

Stoic
You're going to sit there, and attempt to take away Magneto's powers? He can use shields, he has used them in the past, and in a forum setting would use them again. Wonder Woman isn't blizting through those shields.

Who said that Magneto was going to pull the iron out of J'onn, he could just hold him prisoner in his own body. What's laughable here is the underestimation that you are seeming to place on Magneto. It's not like Diana and J'onn are unbeatable, and with a character that controls metal, and many other things, they fall victim to his powers. Diana's entire battle armor is fashioned for Magneto to manipulate, and according to that book, J'onn has more iron in his blood than a human. You seem to want to deny what was written, but the comic holds more weight than a poster who did not write it into canon. If its canon, then J'onn and Diana are on the losing end of this deal, not to mention, Ultron is also there to pick up any loose change that may fall.

carver9
if youre not familiar with his feats, then dont comment. you do know there is more than one dr. polaris?

Yes, I'm familiar with the later version of Poloris, not the 1960's and 70's versions. Are those versions even useable on the forum? Why bring them up?

-Pr-
What's piss poor writing?

I agree, Wonder Woman doesn't equal nightcrawler but Magneto does have speed of his own.

j'onn having iron in his blood that polaris could manipulate. anyone that's read other j'onn stuff would know that it was massive pis.

not on wonder woman's level. and nightcrawler was a BAD example.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9 Yes, I'm familiar with the later version of Poloris, not the 1960's and 70's versions. Are those versions even useable on the forum? Why bring them up?

because some of post crisis dr. polaris feats are comparable to pc. some of his best feats are post crisis. plus nobody clarified anyway.

carver9
j'onn having iron in his blood that polaris could manipulate. anyone that's read other j'onn stuff would know that it was massive pis.

not on wonder woman's level. and nightcrawler was a BAD example.

Huh? How is that PIS? His blood is rich with Iron which could be true for a Martian. Is there any other showing contradicting this? I don't get why you are calling that PIS.

carver9
because some of post crisis dr. polaris feats are comparable to pc. some of his best feats are post crisis. plus nobody clarified anyway.

I'm not calling Poloris a weakling, I'm just saying Magneto is above him. It's nothing wrong with being below Mags, he is a natural, bonified, team buster.

srankmissingnin
That's against entire gl mythos where once polaris amped by an entire dimension's magnetic energies couldn't control hal's ring. That issue entire crossover was=shit

I'm just saying what should happen on paper, not would happen in a comic. Electromagnetism is one of the four fundamental forces of the Universe, having dominion over EM should be a god like ability. By virtue of being a form of energy... Magneto / Polaris / Whoever, should have control over GL constructs. There is a reason why Xavier said that Magneto is potentially more powerful than the Phoenix force.

-Pr-
Huh? How is that PIS? His blood is rich with Iron which could be true for a Martian. Is there any other showing contradicting this? I don't get why you are calling that PIS.

But it isn't, and yes, there is: his entire solo series. J'onn has complete molecular control over his own body. Him having iron at ALL is either PIS/CIS, or just plain retarded.

I can't believe you'd argue this with some of the claims you've already made in this thread.

abhilegend
My point was to show that MM is full or Iron.

When has MM removed Iron from his blood? Scans.

No one is comparing Jonn and Wolverine...wtf.

You screamed out Poloris high end fts so I screamed back at you. No one said that was Mags consistent portrayal but if you wanted to go on a ft war, I didn't mind.
That's not his usual portrayal.
You are suggesting that a guy who can absorb earth and covert it into his own bodily mass can't manipulate his blood?
That was aimed at stoic.
That were the average feats for polaris when he was amped. An average eric isn't changing earth's magnetic poles while dancing.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9 I'm not calling Poloris a weakling, I'm just saying Magneto is above him. It's nothing wrong with being below Mags, he is a natural, bonified, team buster.
and polaris a team buster as well and has better absorbing type feats. it wouldnt be pretty for maags.

carver9
and polaris a team buster as well and has better absorbing type feats. it wouldnt be pretty for maags.

I'll debate this later, tired of proving you wrong. Prepare for some scans when I get back on proving my case.

-Pr-
I'll debate this later, tired of proving you wrong. Prepare for some scans when I get back on proving my case.

I'm sorry, but I don't have a decade to spare. Maybe in my next life.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9 I'll debate this later, tired of proving you wrong. Prepare for some scans when I get back on proving my case.

cant wait. i dont really care for polaris anyway. but i hope you can show me scans that are comparable.

abhilegend
You're going to sit there, and attempt to take away Magneto's powers? He can use shields, he has used them in the past, and in a forum setting would use them again. Wonder Woman isn't blizting through those shields.

Who said that Magneto was going to pull the iron out of J'onn, he could just hold him prisoner in his own body. What's laughable here is the underestimation that you are seeming to place on Magneto. It's not like Diana and J'onn are unbeatable, and with a character that controls metal, and many other things, they fall victim to his powers. Diana's entire battle armor is fashioned for Magneto to manipulate, and according to that book, J'onn has more iron in his blood than a human. You seem to want to deny what was written, but the comic holds more weight than a poster who did not write it into canon. If its canon, then J'onn and Diana are on the losing end of this deal, not to mention, Ultron is also there to pick up any loose change that may fall.
And you're trying to declare magneto winner on the basis of a single comic based on the feats of a character who was likely more powerful than what magneto is generally portrayed. Your entire argument at this point save diana's battle weapons is nothing but extrapolating of feats from one character to another, which isn't allowed here. Try some magneto feats here.

srankmissingnin
Him having iron at ALL is either PIS/CIS, or just plain retarded.

Why? There is only a certain amount of elements that compose all of existence. Iron is a pretty big one... why would MM have NO iron in his body?

The human body is:

Oxygen (65%)
Carbon (18%)
Hydrogen (10%)
Nitrogen (3%)
Calcium (1.5%)
Phosphorus (1.0%)
Potassium (0.35%)
Sulfur (0.25%)
Sodium (0.15%)
Magnesium (0.05%)
Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%)
Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic, Bromine (trace amounts)

Martian physiology is different... but there are only 90 some odd elements that exist in nature. It's pretty likely that MM would have iron in his body on some level, and if no iron than one of a dozen other magnetic elements.

abhilegend
I'm just saying what should happen on paper, not would happen in a comic. Electromagnetism is one of the four fundamental forces of the Universe, having dominion over EM should be a god like ability. By virtue of being a form of energy... Magneto / Polaris / Whoever, should have control over GL constructs. There is a reason why Xavier said that Magneto is potentially more powerful than the Phoenix force.
I'm not denying it either but theoraticaly and what happens in a comic aren't exactly equal.

srankmissingnin
Most of the Magneto victory plans in these threads are usually far more complex than they need to be. A simple - yet powerful - electromagnetic pulse should put anyone with biological functions into cardiac arrest.

srankmissingnin
I'm not denying it either but theoraticaly and what happens in a comic aren't exactly equal.

Hence the rules and why we as a forum recognize the how a forum match between Captain Boomerang and the Flash, and a on panel comic fight between them are two different beasts. We suspend our disbelief when read comics for the sake of being entertained, those same rules don't apply on the forums though. For instance, Deathstroke might hold his own in a comic against Wonder Woman in h2h, and she might even say that Deathstroke is faster than she is... but he isn't, and we as a forum pretty much universally recognize that (unless it's the exact same situation only with Doomsday, then the mods flip flop all over the place like a fish out of water and close the thread if you disagree with them). cool

abhilegend
Most of the Magneto victory plans in these threads are usually far more complex than they need to be. A simple - yet powerful - electromagnetic pulse should put anyone with biological functions into cardiac arrest.
You are talking about a gal who is a magical clay golem given life by gods and a guy who recreated his whole body by a severed hand.

abhilegend
Hence the rules and why we as a forum recognize the how a forum match between Captain Boomerang and the Flash, and a on panel comic fight between them are two different beasts. We suspend our disbelief when read comics for the sake of being entertained, those same rules don't apply on the forums though. For instance, Deathstroke might hold his own in a comic against Wonder Woman in h2h, and she might even say that Deathstroke is faster than she is... but he isn't, and we as a forum pretty much universally recognize that (unless it's the exact same situation only with Doomsday, then the mods flip flop all over the place like a fish out of water and close the thread if you disagree with them). cool
You taking potshots against someone who considers doomsday fast is so much full of irony that I don't have enough laughing emoticons considering some of the claims you've made.

srankmissingnin
You are talking about a gal who is a magical clay golem given life by gods and a guy who recreated his whole body by a severed hand.

I was speaking generally. In this particular case Manhunter should be able to no sell it an EM pulse, Diana on the other hand is shit out of luck. She might have been made of mud, but she was turned flesh and blood when she was given life, she wasn't clay any more than Pinocchio was wood after he became a real boy.

You taking potshots against someone who considers doomsday fast is so much full of irony that I don't have enough laughing emoticons considering some of the claims you've made.

What's the problem here? Do you know what the word irony means? wink

Also... I'm all kinds of drunk right now, so I would view anything I've posted or will post with in two hours either side of this post, with in the context of that lens. lol

Prep-Man
manhunter doesnt have to tank an em pulse. he could just phase into another dimension and avoid it.

abhilegend
I was speaking generally. In this particular case Manhunter should be able to no sell it an EM pulse, Diana on the other hand is shit out of luck. She might have been made of mud, but she was turned flesh and blood when she was given life, she wasn't clay any more than Pinocchio was wood after he became a real boy.
Yeah, in your own comic world where you determine what should happen and how.

There is no problem here. Precisely.

Ah, that explains your theories.

srankmissingnin
Yeah, in your own comic world where you determine what should happen and how.

Apparently "my own comic world" is a synonym for a comic world governed by even a vague sense of realistic cohesive logic...

That is how those forces interact with biological functions... that's just how it is.

abhilegend
Apparently "my own comic world" is a synonym for a comic world governed by even a vague sense of realistic cohesive logic...

That is how those forces interact with biological functions... that's just how it is.
Then you should tell us the name of this comic company which publishes the comics based upon "your own comic world".

srankmissingnin
Then you should tell us the name of this comic company which publishes the comics based upon "your own comic world".

It's called the KMC rules. Read them. The rules govern which feats are and are not valid. If we didn't have than every thing that happens on panel would be equally valid, and there would be no sense of cohesion or continuity across comic lines. Otherwise it would be impossible to rationalize all the inconsistencies that take place. It's Christopher Lambert. There can be only one. Captain America can't one shot the Hulk, and also have extend fights with Daredevil. Both possibilities can't mutually exist and still make sense in a universe that fallows any sort of consistency, one contradiction must kill the other. That's why we have designations like PIS and the rest of the forum rules to help us construct one single cohesive picture of a character devoid of the inherent contradictions of the comic medium.

cool

There are differences between comic fights, and forum fights. If there wasn't then Hulk would be a legit threat to Superman... because he would be in a comic.

jalek moye

cool

There are differences between comic fights, and forum fights. If there wasn't then Hulk would be a legit threat to Superman... because he would be in a comic.

Yes and Wolverine would be a threat to Iron Fist, but thankfully we know its not true in our logic comic setting.

yes

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by jalek moye
Yes and Wolverine would be a threat to Iron Fist, but thankfully we know its not true in our logic comic setting.

yes

Remind me, how many times has Iron Fist beaten Daredevil? He's what... zero for four? Or is it zero for five? evil face

Sasaraixx
Diana's entire battle armor is fashioned for Magneto to manipulate, and according to that book, J'onn has more iron in his blood than a human

That's:

a) piss poor writing

I have to agree with Pr on this one. That was poor writing in my opinion. As far as I can remember, that is the only instance where Diana's armor was susceptible to magnetism. There are plenty of metals in the world that are not (gold and silver being among them). Diana's armor has defied real world chemistry enough times to allow me to call BS on that scene. And let's not forget, if the bracers retained their most recent origin, they aren't even metal!

I don't see Mags controlling either J'onn or Diana the way Polaris did. That's not to say that he can't take them down of course.

abhilegend
It's called the KMC rules. Read them. The rules govern which feats are and are not valid. If we didn't have than every thing that happens on panel would be equally valid, and there would be no sense of cohesion or continuity across comic lines. Otherwise it would be impossible to rationalize all the inconsistencies that take place. It's Christopher Lambert. There can be only one. Captain America can't one shot the Hulk, and also have extend fights with Daredevil. Both possibilities can't mutually exist and still make sense in a universe that fallows any sort of consistency, one contradiction must kill the other. That's why we have designations like PIS and the rest of the forum rules to help us construct one single cohesive picture of a character devoid of the inherent contradictions of the comic medium.

cool

I've read them, thank you very much. This isn't CBR where you can declare whatever you don't like as PIS. Characters in superman class durability laughs off lightning attacks which are essentialy an EMP. So all of these instances are PIS, right?

srankmissingnin
I've read them, thank you very much. This isn't CBR where you can declare whatever you don't like as PIS. Characters in superman class durability laughs off lightning attacks which are essentialy an EMP. So all of these instances are PIS, right?

Maybe give them another read?

I never suggested that one could arbitrarily "declare whatever you don't like as PIS," but certain things need to culled in order to create a consistent portrait of a character and their abilities. Consider the forum version of the Flash... now consider how he is portrayed in comics. How often does the Flash wtf speed blitz everyone, vibrate through all incoming attacks and effortless defeat everyone put in front of him? Almost never... but that's what he does on KMC... because give what we know about his power set, that's what should happen. And that is the example that is flat out stated with in the rules on this site... from that you should be able to extrapolate how the rules work in the context of other characters and their powers.

abhilegend
Maybe give them another read?

I never suggested that one could arbitrarily "declare whatever you don't like as PIS," but certain things need to culled in order to create a consistent portrait of a character and their abilities. Consider the forum version of the Flash... now consider how he is portrayed in comics. How often does the Flash wtf speed blitz everyone, vibrate through all incoming attacks and effortless defeat everyone put in front of him? Almost never... but that's what he does on KMC... because give what we know about his power set, that's what should happen. And that is the example that is flat out stated with in the rules on this site... from that you should be able to extrapolate how the rules work in the context of other characters and their powers.
I've read them enough times.
He blitzes enough times to be declared as a personality trait. Maybe you need to read more flash comics to know about the flash. Your attempts of distractions from the topic at hand are arbitary, un-necessary and pathetic. Where does wolverine fits in "your own comic world" considering you place so much values on real world logic if we are actually talking about what's PIS?

DarkSaint85
Haha logically....tasers would f*** Wolverine up something bad. They do not rely on pain, and there's nothing for the vaunted healing factor to heal.

So Batman should be able to take 10/10 against him with this tactic.

Yet, when I last asked srank about it, he casually laughed in my face about it!!

I guess its not PIS that Wolverine shrugs it off.....

Yes, I was butthurt about it. It was sore for days.

Estacado
MM's phasing wont do much here since Erik was able to remove Kitty from that bullet while she was phased.
Also even if they shut down Ultron Mags culd just restart him.

abhilegend
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Haha logically....tasers would f*** Wolverine up something bad. They do not rely on pain, and there's nothing for the vaunted healing factor to heal.

Yet, when I last asked srank about it, he casually laughed in my face about it!!

Not to mention his vaunted "Wolverine clawz make anybody's durability null and void". Everytime anybody survives wolverine's claws its either glancing blows or PIS. Wolverine can't be knocked out by brute force as everytime he's been hit by a force larger than lets say spiderman his inner organs liquefy and heal instantly. I can go on and on about these but according to srank anybody who disagrees with him about these is automatically a wolverine hater and illogical to begin with.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Estacado
MM's phasing wont do much here since Erik was able to remove Kitty from that bullet while she was phased.

I thought their phasing was different?

DarkSaint85
Not to mention his vaunted "Wolverine clawz make anybody's durability null and void". Everytime anybody survives wolverine's claws its either glancing blows or PIS. Wolverine can't be knocked out by brute force as everytime he's been hit by a force larger than lets say spiderman his inner organs liquefy and heal instantly. I can go on and on about these but according to srank anybody who disagrees with him about these is automatically a wolverine hater and illogical to begin with.

Nah, I'm OK with that, as I can see it as part of his powerset. If you assume he has a HF, then yes, it makes sense that he can heal instantly internally.

But against a taser? They don't work like that. They don't incapacitate you by damaging your cells - they do it by interrupting and messing your electrical impulses up. Logically, those with larger muscles etc and more muscle mass should suffer more. There's nothing to heal, and nothing to resist - as long as a taser is being kept connected to Wolverine, he should be on the floor jerking around and seizing up.

abhilegend
Different forms of intangibility. J'onn has in lack of better terms a better form of intangibility than people who get intangible by sliding their atoms through other substances like kitty, flash or superman.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_JLA-Incarnations7-26.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_JLA-Incarnations7-27.jpg

Estacado
My bad then.

abhilegend
My bad then.
No problem man. Not many people know about this.

nwg202
Different forms of intangibility. J'onn has in lack of better terms a better form of intangibility than people who get intangible by sliding their atoms through other substances like kitty, flash or superman.

http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_JLA-Incarnations7-26.jpg http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k508/abhilegend/DC/th_JLA-Incarnations7-27.jpg

that's cool man, never knew mm had a different form of phasing. How does it work? Do you think he would be able to phase through a magical shield like this? Kitty seemed to have problems....

abhilegend
Originally posted by nwg202
that's cool man, never knew mm had a different form of phasing. How does it work? Do you think he would be able to phase through a magical shield like this? Kitty seemed to have problems....
J'onn has mixed results with phasing through magical attacks. Sometimes he can do it, sometimes not. He sends his mass to another dimension according to a comic by which he should be totally untouchable. Totally depends upon the writer.

-Pr-
Why? There is only a certain amount of elements that compose all of existence. Iron is a pretty big one... why would MM have NO iron in his body?

The human body is:

Oxygen (65%)
Carbon (18%)
Hydrogen (10%)
Nitrogen (3%)
Calcium (1.5%)
Phosphorus (1.0%)
Potassium (0.35%)
Sulfur (0.25%)
Sodium (0.15%)
Magnesium (0.05%)
Copper, Zinc, Selenium, Molybdenum, Fluorine, Chlorine, Iodine, Manganese, Cobalt, Iron (0.70%)
Lithium, Strontium, Aluminum, Silicon, Lead, Vanadium, Arsenic, Bromine (trace amounts)

Martian physiology is different... but there are only 90 some odd elements that exist in nature. It's pretty likely that MM would have iron in his body on some level, and if no iron than one of a dozen other magnetic elements.

I'm not saying that he shouldn't ever have iron in his blood (assuming he even has blood half of the time), just that it's kind of retarded to be beaten that way when a simple mental command will remove all iron from your system.

And given his extreme ability to control himself, someone manipulating his form is tbh, pretty ridiculous.

And you were drunk, so...

srankmissingnin

I laughed in your face about it because there is no "logic" behind it.

First of all, there is pain behind a taser... being shocked hurts, but I'm going to assume that what you meant to say is that it doesn't rely on damage the body (which it also does... just damage to the nervous system which is less conventional). As explained to you the previous time you brought this up Wolverine's healing factor is more than just the human norm heightened to the 1000th degree, he can regenerate organs and more importantly to this particular discussion, Wolverine can repair and regenerate his central nervous system. When a normal person is shocked with a high enough voltage, their nervous system shorts out, (although through training even a normal person can regain enough control of their bodily functions to grab and remove the taser barb after the initial shock), but Wolverine's healing factor works on his CNS, he will start regenerating new neurons an synapses, in essence rebooting his CNS as the need arises. If Wolverine's healing factor was simply a heightened version of what you or I can do naturally you would be right, but it isn't. Wolverine's healing factor extends to his CNS.

DarkSaint85
I laughed in your face about it because there is no "logic" behind it.

That hurts :-(

That is what I was getting at. Yes, it causes some damage, but the main effect of tasering is that you lose voluntary control thanks to the spasming effect of the electricity.

Really? All you did was post a gif from Attack the Block, then left.

That's....a human norm amped to the 1000th odd degree. Unless you're arguing semantics...

But a taser doesn't 'short' it out - that would kill them. Unless you're saying that as soon as the voltage is removed, they 'reboot' their CNS?

Yes, a normal person can train themselves...but considering Bats constantly deals with people like Killer Croc, junkies hopped up on meth, Bane etc, he's probably got something a bit more powerful than that. Not the main point, mind you.

And if the voltage is constantly being applied.....rebooting his CNS just to get shorted out again doesn't really help. And adding MORE neurons and synapses (because the old ones don't get really get destroyed - otherwise everyone who's ever been tased would be dain bramaged) would just worsen the situation.

I can have a short in my PC, which would fry my motherboard. I replace the components, but, crucially, don't fix the cause of the shorting (maybe I leave bare wires in the case, whatever). I restart the PC. The endless cycle continues.

srankmissingnin
That hurts :-(

sad

That is what I was getting at. Yes, it causes some damage, but the main effect of tasering is that you lose voluntary control thanks to the spasming effect of the electricity.

Figured.

Really? All you did was post a gif from Attack the Block, then left.

That does sound like something I would do... was it a cool gif?

Anyway even if it wasn't me, I'm certain it was explained to you by someone.

That's....a human norm amped to the 1000th odd degree. Unless you're arguing semantics...

No. Repairing your nervous system and regenerating organs (that aren't the liver) isn't something the human body can do with out manipulating our genetic code. If you speed up the human bodies ability normal biological ability to heal it wouldn't be able to do many of the things that Wolverine's healing factor is capable of.

But a taser doesn't 'short' it out - that would kill them. Unless you're saying that as soon as the voltage is removed, they 'reboot' their CNS?

Yes that's what I was implying.

Yes, a normal person can train themselves...but considering Bats constantly deals with people like Killer Croc, junkies hopped up on meth, Bane etc, he's probably got something a bit more powerful than that. Not the main point, mind you.

Probably but that might prove to be counter productive. The idea of a taser is that it is a non lethal means of incapacitating a person by confusing their nervous system and the brains ability to interpret electrical signals. Batman could up the amp to match the voltage and try and do some more conventional damage.

And if the voltage is constantly being applied.....rebooting his CNS just to get shorted out again doesn't really help. And adding MORE neurons and synapses (because the old ones don't get really get destroyed - otherwise everyone who's ever been tased would be dain bramaged) would just worsen the situation.

I can have a short in my PC, which would fry my motherboard. I replace the components, but, crucially, don't fix the cause of the shorting (maybe I leave bare wires in the case, whatever). I restart the PC. The endless cycle continues.

You are right, and that's exactly what would happen until the current is broken. Wolverine's healing factor would constantly repair and "reboot" his nervous system, it wouldn't remove the effects of the taser, just simply power through it until the connection is severed. It would not by any accounts be a pleasant experience, but it's easy enough to remove the taser barbs so I don't imagine it would be a prolonged experience.

srankmissingnin
Double post

abhilegend
This isn't wolverine vs a taser thread guys.

DarkSaint85
This isn't wolverine vs a taser thread guys.

True, apologies.

But srank is not as much a dick as I previously thought so....I am prepared now to listen to him. Everyone wins!

And I guess the issue will need to be taken off into some other thread...but at least there is discussion!

srankmissingnin
But srank is not as much a dick as I previously thought so....I am prepared now to listen to him. Everyone wins!

It's the morning and I'm not drunk anymore so now I'm a gentleman. cool

Existere
dr. polaris has done preety much anything magneto in terms of versatility. lolwut

JakeTheBank
Ultron? Really?

Ultron's pretty baller, actually.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Ultron's pretty baller, actually.

That was my point, you silly sally.

abhilegend
Nobody talks to DoomTheBank err JakeTheDoom err DoomTheDoom in that manner and stays alive, you silly mod.
durhulk

JakeTheBank

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EBz3ZSuz9YU/T2Z4W07l80I/AAAAAAAAA1Q/DcbiW79bo_Q/s1600/cant-deal-with-it-cillian-murphy.gif

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.